Calendar Invites Arrive as Plain Text

Mixed-Mode Environment:

Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Active/Passive
Windows Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Avtive/Passive

Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Non-clustered/Standard
Windows Server 2003 SP1 Non-Clustered/Standard

Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Clustered Active/Passive
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Clustered Active/Passive

Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Non-Clustered/Standard
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Non-Clustered/Standard

We have identified that any calendar invite request, when sent outside of
the Exchange Server Environment arrives at it's destination as plain text
instead of the standard invite format in Outlook.  This occurs from users
homed on either version of Exchange.  However, any invites received from an
outside Exchange environment arrive in our environment as a standard Outlook
calendar invite.  Is there a configuration setting we need to set in order
for our calendar requests to be sent as invites instead of plain text?  Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated ~ thanks!

Nik

0
Nik (43)

You must be sure that the contact people are using to address the message is
configured to use rich text.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mixed-Mode Environment:
>
> Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Active/Passive
> Windows Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Avtive/Passive
>
> Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Non-clustered/Standard
> Windows Server 2003 SP1 Non-Clustered/Standard
>
> Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Clustered Active/Passive
> Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Clustered Active/Passive
>
> Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Non-Clustered/Standard
> Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Non-Clustered/Standard
>
> We have identified that any calendar invite request, when sent outside of
> the Exchange Server Environment arrives at it's destination as plain text
> instead of the standard invite format in Outlook.  This occurs from users
> homed on either version of Exchange.  However, any invites received from
> an
> outside Exchange environment arrive in our environment as a standard
> Outlook
> calendar invite.  Is there a configuration setting we need to set in order
> for our calendar requests to be sent as invites instead of plain text?
> Any
> ideas would be greatly appreciated ~ thanks!
>
> Nik

0
curspice6401 (3487)

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

text getting cut off in cell
Using Excel 2003 on WinXP I created a report card for teachers. There is a comment box which takes up cells P2 thru T42. PROBLEM: When a teacher types a long comment, it shows the entire comments in the formula bar, but not in the merged cells intended for comments. The text is cut off. INFO: The merged cells are P2 thru T42. It is catorgorized as Text, aligned to left & top, "wrap text" is selected, font is Times New Roman - regular - size 8. Data validation is set for any value. If you'd like for me to send the report card to the group or to someone individually,...

Text is added as attachment after copy and paste
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an html-page-attachment to my new mail. I just want to have it added as simple text in the mail-body regards R. Save the text in notepad or something and then Insert the file - but check the button so it inserts it as text, not just as an attachment ;-) r@gnar.de wrote: > Hi > > I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text > from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an > html-page-attachment to my new ...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

great plains should allow negative wages to fix payroll errors
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=57737c6d-2bb2-49b6-808d-b1673ae5f563&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

place clipart behind text
I am trying to set up avery 5160 labels with clipart behind the font. I can not get the font to show over the clip art. I have tried a variety of things. Please help me I need this ASAP. Thank you While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Ginger <Ginger@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to set up avery 5160 labels with clipart behind the font. > I can not get the font to show over the clip art. I have tried a > variety of things. Have you tried the Bring to Front/Send to Back commands on the toolbar, next...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

to export calendar
if i wantto send my csalendar in an email by exporting it what exactly wouold i have to do? thanks peter ...

Spiral Bound Calendar
How do I create a 8.5x11" spiral bound calendar with picture on top page and calendar on bottom of 2 page spread? I'm using Publisher 2003 and have Windows XP. Setup your page as a folded card, portrait. Rather than using the calendar under "publications for print", use a Design Gallery Object calendar, click the wizard wand to change the date range. When you use the folded card page setup, the calendar will be on the odd pages and the picture on the even pages. You will have to manually rotate the pictures 180 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Launching Calendar module seperatly
Hi, Years ago in one of Outlook's previous lives it was possible to launch the calendar module seperatly. Since MS have a closed source on Outlook I am now forced to use Outlook 2002 solely for syncing the calendar with my WindowsMobile2003 device. Anyone know if its possible just to launch the calendar module seperatly? Or better still if there is a calendar product that will sync with PPC2003 so I can dump the MS software all together. Ta Kneewax I assume you mean with only the calendar, not the other folders? Or without creating an email account? You can use Outlook in no ...

Paste block of text
The existing text in the Word document looks like this: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and feels as if he were in the seventh heaven of typography together with Hermann Zapf, the most famous artist of the... The block of text to be inserted looks like this: So, fellow citizens, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country to demand transparency, sovereignty and independence. How do I paste the block of text so the result looks like this? The quick brown fox jumps over So, fellow citizens, now is the the lazy dog and feels as if ...

Great Plains manufacturing
Any one run the Great Plains manufacturing modules from start order to end order?? And have a case and have a sample data Thanks ...

ComboBox
Hi. I'm an ASP.NET developer working on an Access application. In ASP.NET I'm used to a dropdownlist's DataTextField property (text that displays in the control) and DataValueField property (the value tied to each text item). In Access, how can I set both a text and value property to a combobox? Specifically I have a ComboBox control that I need to have display text field "UserName" and have a value named "UserID". Is this possible? I am using a combobox's rowsource to write the select statement which populates the combobox. Can I set both a text...

Calendar direction
Running Outlook 2007 on XP Pro. I just recently re-installed Office (don't ask!) and for the first time, the calendars (week, month and the little ones in the colums), all show with the day numbering from right to left. I do have a second Hebrew calendar installed in Outlook, and my default Regional and Language options are: Location=Israel, customized English US settings, Chinese - English - French - Hebrew keyboards, non-Unicode default=Hebrew. I have used these settings before, but the calendars were never flipped before. This is also not natural for Hebrew calendars. Any ideas...

calendar #3
I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) You make this change in the control panel in the "Regional & Language Options" folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "padum" <padum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77137E01-09A9-463E-815D-0214DC442BAB@microsoft.com... >I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) ...

How to display background text in a text box?
I'm not sure how to search for this but what I want to do is to include some kind of background message inside a text box to alert user what type of data they should enter...for example, instead of a blank text box - i want it to say [Enter your userid here] -- then the message goes away as soon as the user clicks or tabs to the text box. Similar to the search box in Microsoft ClipArt downloads -- where the text box says "Searh All Media Type" in gray text. Is this possible? If so, what would you call this feature so I could search for it or if someone could post a code -- I wou...

Having common calendar entries on server..
Is it possible to have calendar entries applied on the Exchange 2000 server that all Outlook clients can see in their calendars ? For example, instead of all clients importing holidays, we would like to centrally manage this and add additional days and events that are common for the entire corporation. /Patrik ...