Cached Mode and GAL problem

Hi, I got a strange problem about GAL in Cache mode, we used E2K3 SP2 and
Outlook 2003 SP2, the problem is lots people could not find contacts who ever
showed in GAL sometimes, I have asked the clients to delete current OAB files
then download the fresh one, yes, this way could solve problem, but some days
later, the client will meet the same problem again even I could see the OAB
files is up to date, any suggestion? thanks in advance.
0
Michael5492 (655)

Do you have more than one public folder server?  Perhaps one doesn't have a
current replica.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I got a strange problem about GAL in Cache mode, we used E2K3 SP2 and
> Outlook 2003 SP2, the problem is lots people could not find contacts who
> ever
> showed in GAL sometimes, I have asked the clients to delete current OAB
> files
> then download the fresh one, yes, this way could solve problem, but some
> days
> later, the client will meet the same problem again even I could see the
> OAB
> files is up to date, any suggestion? thanks in advance.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Problems with Attached Pictures
Hello, I have a client that uses both macs and pcs. The picture problem comes from one of the users who is using MacMail. When he sends pictures as an attachment the pc users get them as embedded html and the pictures are not there. They have a box with a red X. Another mac user has Entourage and when he attaches pictures they come through fine. One other odd thing. If the MacMail user sends pictures to the Entourage user who then forwards them to the Outlook users they again embedd and are not viewable. According to the MacMail user he sends pics to friends outside the office w...

Matching Problems
So, I have an autoentry from my bills for my paycheck. I am in sales, so it varies. Why does Money not recognize that the 12/28/07 deposit downloaded from my bank for $3,000 is the same as the autoentry I have put in the register for $2,000. I told Money the amount varies--why does it not match this? ...

Hotfix problem
Has anyone installed the hotfix that's referenced in article 913645? I installed it into my test enviroment but it didn't correct the issue. Hi Matt, This hotfix has both Server and Client components. Did you install both of them and still have problem? ~Boyoung "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B37954E1-9541-4491-A507-339F691C0961@microsoft.com... > Has anyone installed the hotfix that's referenced in article 913645? I > installed it into my test enviroment but it didn't correct the issue. Yes, i installed the serve...

OWA problem when using Windows 2000
Hi, I am just finishing setting up an Exchange 2003 box (on Win Server 2003), and almost everything is working just fine. I have form-based authentication turned on, and https is working. When using Win XP, I can connect to OWA with no problems inside & outside the building (using either Firefox or IE). But - when trying to connect to OWA from a Windows 2000 box, I get a 500 Internal Server error. This happens if I'm using http or https. I can display the default webpage without problems. Also, when using Outlook (XP) directly in Win 2000, it has no problems connec...

Problem around with CArray
Hello,all When I used CArray in debug mode, a "debug assertion failed" error always occured whatever CArray template was used.Waht wrong with my codes?Could someone help me?Thanks. -- Thank Microsoft RedEagle wrote: > When I used CArray in debug mode, a "debug assertion failed" error always > occured whatever CArray template was used.Waht wrong with my codes? We can't read your mind (yet). Post the code if you want us to tell you what's wrong with it. ...

Navigation Buttons Problem
Access 2007 sp2. When I first open a split form there is no data in the navigation buttons at the bottom of the form. It doesn't show the record number or the number of records until I select the second row. Is this a access bug?? I posted this question nearly a month ago and no one responded. Can someone let me know other resources I might use to find out if this is a bug. If it is a bug I won't use the nav buttons on my forms until I know they have come up with a fix. James Although not totally confirmed by MS i had a lot of trouble with using the splitf...

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Intermittent POP connection problems
Hi everyone. I have several backend Exchange 2000 servers, with an Exchange 2000 Frontend server. After the backend servers have been running a while, POP clients start to have problems logging in more and more frequently. If I go under the “current sessions” area of the Exchange System Manager and watch people log in, I see something like "<Logging in> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 20 seconds", on both the Frontend server and the backend server. The number of seconds rises to 600 and the session disappears (from timing out I assume), but the client never authenticates. I'...

eConnect problem
Hi, I am getting these errors while trying to insert an SOP txn thru eConnect. Can somebody help? Error 1: eConnect_API Version=7.5.2.0 eConnect_API75 The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions. at Microsoft.eConnect75.eConnectMethods.ExecStoredProcedures(String xml) at Microsoft.eConnect75.eConnectMethods.eConnect_EntryPoint(String ConnectionString, ConnectionStringType ConnectionType, String sXML, SchemaValidationType ValidationType, String eConnectSchema) For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/...

Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?
Hi All, I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled. My problem: When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the words that say something about me having to be connected to view this message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven&...

Multiple emails sent problem
I have Outlook 2002 (latest updates), Mcafee, and Earthlink satellite Directway service. When I send attachments, the receiver receives 6-8 copies of the message. Also, it takes forever to send a small file (~300k) over my broadband connection. Eventually McAfee complains that the same email being sent too much is most likely a virus and I should stop sending the email. It's not a virus, just some glitch somewhere. Recently I changed from Norton to McAfee to see if that was the problem - nope, also I got a new computer - still happening. Any help would be great. Thanks. W...

Pivot Table Problem #4
I have a workbook that contains 10 separate sheets. Each sheet has data that is arranged in 3 columns with the same column labels and same type of data. I want to create a pivot table that will consolidate all 10 of the data sets. I am able to do this using the multiple range functionality but it does not produce the results I am looking for. I have tried changing the layout multiple ways to no avail. It will if I do one pivot table for each but then I would need to merge all of the individual Pivot Tables which I can not seem to do. What I want is this: Columns a,b,c of each sheet hav...

Cached vs Non-Cached
Hi all! Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to exchange/server 2003 combo)? Thanks! M mhaase-at-springmind.com <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote: >Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of >running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to >exchange/server 2003 combo)? Losing the connection to the server won't make the client entirely unproductive. Working while disconnected is pos...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date

signature problems in 2003
I have a huge problem and have no clue how to fix. I have multiple e-mail accounts in outlook 2003 setup. I also have created a different signature for each of these accounts. when I go to write a 'new' e-mail, my default account shows up, and when I change to a different account, my signature stays the same as my default account's signature, it doens't change to the other e-mail account I'm trying to send from. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this? The help in outlook 2003 absolutely reeks, in my opinion. It hasn't helped me one bit. I've had to so...

Changing GAL view in Outlook 2003
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients. I want to add and remove some of the default fields when opening the GAL in Outlook > (tools/ Address Book). The default fields are: Name; Business Phone; Title; Company; Alias; E-mail type; E-mail Address. I want to add Home Phone and Mobile phone (fields that are already in AD) to this list and I want to remove the fields: E-mail Type and E- mail Address. I know I can view it if I double click on the person but I want to be able to view all at once instead of wasting time opening each one. TIA AFAIK, the GAL is not configurable....

Simple calculated field problem
Hi, I am very new to Access and am trying to do something I think should be reasonably simple, but can't work out the syntax I need. My database is to track weight loss. I have only one table at the moment (this will grow but my problem only involves a single table), which is called 'Measurements'. The table has only 3 fields, 'Date', 'Weight' and 'Fat%'. I would like to be able to track weight loss from one day to the next, so am trying to make a query that shows, for each day, the values in the Weight and Fat% fields, and a calculated field tha...

Problem Resolving Email Addresses to Contacts in CRM via Outlook
When creating a new email and inserting the email address I am sending too which does map to a CRM contact in CRM 3.0. I get the following error. "The sender does not have an e-mail address in Microsoft CRM. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. What am I doing wrong here? I also noticed that Microsoft CRM contacts do show up when I click the "To:" however the contacts that I've added in CRM are not showing up? Thanks! This is due to your CRM user record not h...

Excel combobox problem
I'm using a combobox populated from rTest (a 4 column, 60 row named range) and linking it to a cell named Test. My problem is that it only displays the first 41 rows of that range in the dropdown. The following are the properties that I've changed for the combobox: LinkedCell = Test ListFillRange = rTest ListRows = 20 SelectionMargin = false BorderStyle = fmBorderStyleSingle This is excel 2003. -- aoeui ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aoeui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26603 View this thre...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

Repairing a db from suspect mode
Hello, I have a SQL Server 2005 database in Suspect mode , as a try to recover , I did the following EXEC sp_resetstatus 'Bluestar3'; ALTER DATABASE Bluestar3 SET EMERGENCY Database state is now in Emergency Mode , so this worked, then I did that ALTER DATABASE Bluestar3 SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE DBCC CheckDB ('Bluestar3', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) I received this error ******************************************** Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space ...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Serialization Problem
Hi, I am trying to use the following code to make xml serialization to a file. The following error is being given: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.xml.dll Additional information: There was an error generating the XML document." The problem should be due to inheritance. Can someone help me solve the problem out. Thanks in Advance ICommunicationTuple ict = new MessageQueueCommunication("test"); XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(ICommunicationTuple)); StreamWriter writer = new StreamWriter("c...