bulk loading sender filter domain names

how can i bulk load those pesky spammers domains into my
exchange 2003 server Global Settings, Message Deliver,
Properties, Sender Filtering? Rather than adding them one
at a time?
0
anonymous (74721)

I'm working on an article for this. If you would like, you can test this.
Let me know if there are any corrections that I need to make or if I need to
clarify something.

Open LDP.exe from the Windows 2000 Support Tools
If you need information on installing the Windows 2000 Support Tools:
301423 HOW TO: Install the Windows 2000 Support Tools to a Windows 2000
  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q301423

Once you have LDP open
Click Connection and then Connect.
 Enter the Server name of a domain controller.
 Enter the port - 389.
 Click OK
Click Connection and then Bind.
 Enter a user name that has appropriate permissions.
 Enter the password
 Enter the domain
 Click OK

Click View and choose Tree.
 Leave the BaseDN blank and click OK.
* This should have you domain now listed in the left column.

Go to the following location:
CN=Default Message Filter,CN=Message Delivery,CN=Global
Settings,CN=Saltwater,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=saltwater,DC=com

Expand the Domain (DC=domain, DC=com)
Look for CN=Configuration (its at the bottom)
Expand the Configuration Container
Expand Services
Expand Microsoft Exchange
Expand the Exchange Organization Name
Expand Global Settings
Expand Message Delivery
Expand Default Message Filter

Look for an attribute called: msExchTurfListNames

This will include all the addresses that you have entered in the GUI of the
Exchange System Manager.

To export these you can simple copy and paste it into notepad or you can go
to CONNECTION and choose SAVE.
Saving it will save the entire Default Message Filter object.

To import these entries or to add a large number at one time:

-go to Browse, then Modify

_ Enter the DN of the Default Message Filter Example: CN=Default Message
Filter,CN=Message Delivery,CN=Global Settings,CN=Exchange
OrgName,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=com
- Enter the Attribute: msExchTurfListNames
- Enter the Values: *@baddomain.com; *@blockdomain.com;
baduser@gooddomain.com;  *the entries just need to be separated by a
semicolon (;)
- Operation: Add
- Click Enter
- Entry List should now show the entry from above
Click the Run button.

It should have added the entries to the msExchTurfListNames.
Double Click the Default Message Filter to refresh it and you should see the
new entries.

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Matt Sevar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i bulk load those pesky spammers domains into my
> exchange 2003 server Global Settings, Message Deliver,
> Properties, Sender Filtering? Rather than adding them one
> at a time?

0
mbarta (202)
3/2/2004 8:49:36 PM
It works great.  Thanks.  I was able to follow you
instructions exactly and it work great.  I loaded a
subset of 20 domain names in my test.

alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.
confers no rights.

>"Matt Sevar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> how can i bulk load those pesky spammers domains into
my
>> exchange 2003 server Global Settings, Message Deliver,
>> Properties, Sender Filtering? Rather than adding them
one
>> at a time?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
3/2/2004 9:40:59 PM
Glad to hear that it worked for ya. :)

--

> It works great.  Thanks.  I was able to follow you
> instructions exactly and it work great.  I loaded a
> subset of 20 domain names in my test.

0
mbarta (202)
3/2/2004 10:01:17 PM
....a few points to note:
- importing duplicate domain names will cause the LDP to
fail.
- if there is already domains listed, ensure there is
a ";" at the end of your new list or LDP will fail.

Whys isn't there some way to get Outlook Clients Blocked
Senders List integrated with this Sender Filter or a way
to select from the entire list of inbound messages?

confers no rights.

>> It works great.  Thanks.  I was able to follow you
>> instructions exactly and it work great.  I loaded a
>> subset of 20 domain names in my test.

and
>> confers no rights.
>> >
>> >"Matt Sevar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote
>> in message
into
>> my
Deliver,
them
>> one
>> >

>> >.
>> >

>.

0
anonymous (74721)

Bulk Processing, Bulk changes etc
I am looking for a way to bulk process large amounts of things at once, i see that there are inventory tasks with the wizard, but they are fairly basic - can i get extra ones somehow? For example, i want to refine my database and move a lot of items which have been incorrectly assigned to a supplier to the correct supplier. I can isolate these items as i know the first 5 digits of the EAN code denote this supplier, how can i then follow on to assign all these products to the correct supplier? Do i need to get up to speed with SQL?! Philip, For this case, it would be a SQL command. ...

How to add a host in safe sender list
Dear ALL, How can i config IMFv2 to unblock all emails sent from a specific host in my company? eg. all emails sent from 10.0.0.1 should not be blocked. Thanks a lot - Add it to the Connection Filtering - Global Accept list: Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Connection Filtering | Accept. - Enable Connection Filtering in SMTP virtual server properties | General tab | Advanced | select IP(s) | Edit | Apply Connection Filter. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "...

Excel; Can I Filter based on a cell value?
Is it possible to filter a list based on a cell value? What I want to do is for the user to type in a criteria in cell F1 and G1 (Dept and Acct No's) and click a button that will launch a macro that will filter the list and display only entries that have Dept and Acct No's that match those entered in F1 and G1. I have looked through the help files in Excel and can't find a way to do this. If this is not possible is it possible to set something up so that cells that do not fit the criteria are deleted from the spreadsheet somehow? It is ok if non-matching entries are de...

I want to load items into item master. I want to automate the process, however I do not want to use Integration Manager or eConnect. I want to do a Direct write to the SQL tables. I have the SDK and feel confident I have the proper mapping of the tables. IV00101, IV00102, IV00103, IV00105, IV00106, IV00107, IV00108 and IV00109. Anything I need to be aware of? Thats the set, Charlie. Just be careful to get all the appropriate and required fields filled in correctly as you go. Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users &q...

Linking tab names
Is there a way to name a tab by linking it to a cell on the worksheet? I have numerous worksheets whose tab name corresponds to the title i cell A2 - I would love it if I could do a formula which would make th tab names automatically be whatever is in A2. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. Now, when a2 changes so will the tab name. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address <> "$A$2" Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Name = Target End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donal...

Sending out bulk emails w/ new prog gets me blacklisted
Hi all... Been the admin for a K-12 private school for about 5 years now. We (still) run an exchange 5.5 email server and it has held its own. At one time, like 4 years ago, it had an open relay. Thats been closed and has never bothered us since. We use a database program by a company called Hunter Systems... the program is called SchoolMinder. It has a new feature in it that allows the accountant to email parents stuff like billing info, account info, even report card info... Only parents who "opt in" get the emails... First time we sent out an email with the program, we got sla...

Form loading then locking up
I'm simply trying to open a form from another form and as soon as the new form is shown, it locks up with a not responding message in the title bar. However, I'm able to walk through the code behind the form and that still works. The scenario is that a learner is logging on to the application with a USB wireless remote. The form I'm trying to open is just a template so they can see what buttons correspond to what letters and show them what they've entered (like texting on a phone). Here is the basic flow in form (frmClient): private frmTexting frmTexting1;...

Advanced Filter Causes Crash
When I try to use an advanced filter on a fairly large list (500+ rows) I get the error message: "EXCEL.exe has genereated problems and will b closed by Windows." I've noticed that the list actually does ge filtered successfully, but excel always crashes immediately after. I have around 100 rows of criteria. ( I have a list of about 70 account numbers in one coloumn and their corresponding GL codes in th next column, and I'm trying to filter only the numbers that I'm payin in a given period (the 100 rows of criteria). I'm running excel 2000 on win 2000. This is ...

blocked sender list full
there is a chance to unlock the limit for the blocked sender list, because outlook said to me that the list is full and i can't insert any other sender in it. Luca wrote: > there is a chance to unlock the limit for the blocked sender list, > because outlook said to me that the list is full and i can't insert > any other sender in it. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internet.mail/msg/38cee84457b22350 The spammers are laughing at you in trying to use their bogus e-mail addresses to block them. "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message new...

Named range as chart data reference (error)
Based on Steve Bullen's FunChart1 example (in that particular example, auto-expanding named ranges) I've set up some graphs that used named ranges as their data source. I copied the worksheet of graphs into a new workbook and now have global named ranges that match the graphs' original named ranges (using Jon Peltier's suggestion to use Jan Pieterse et al's Name Manager v4.0, in which I removed all the sheet named ranges which were duplicates, leaving me with just one set of global named ranges) The graphs, which still have their original named range sources, update ...

Bulk Editing Excel Files
I frequently need to make a change to hundreds of excel files. The change is sometimes as simple as renaming a column name or inserting some text. Does anyone know of a tool that can help me accomplish this without having to manually open each excel file? Thanks in advance Dave Hi Dave Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm <david.tawil@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ff35f336-02cf-4d48-be08-1d4b00eb6914@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I frequently need to make a change to hundreds of excel files. The > change i...

Exchange and Bulk Email
We have lists of clients that we send bulk emails to. The problem we are having is that when we send the email out, with the distribution group in the BCC to hide the address's, 60% get returned because the recipients email server rejects it as spam. Probably because it is being sent to 100 address's within the company all at once. Is there a way in Exchange to setup it up so that sends each email individually spaced apart by like 2 seconds. Basically get it to act more like Majordomo? For $11G I would hope so, but this does not sound like it is the case. On Thu, 8 Dec 200...

#NAME? Error on Entire Worksheet
I have an excel worksheet that I use for scheduling. One worksheet i pretty much all formulas that look like, =IF(BK193<>"",IF(K193<>"",IF(BK193<>"",WORKDAY(BK193,-K193,Holidays),""),""),"") where WORKDAY and Holidays are defined on another worksheet within th same workbook. This morning I opened the workbook and every single cell with a formul was outputting the #NAME? error. Any ideas on how I can fix this or even where to begin looking? I hav exhausted the excel help options. Thanks, Denis -- Message po...

3D Shipping Container Drawing for building shipment loads
either in the Visio or excel drawing I would like to see a three dimensional diagram of standardize shipping container so that I would be able to take standardize shipping cartons and plan loaded mapping diagrams into the container drawing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

An Error has occurred loading MS CRM functionality
New load of the CRM client software and on Outlook start I get: "An error has occurred loading MS CRM functionality. Try restarting Outlook" Not very informative and of course restarting provides the same error. Anyway to get more info on what is crapping out about it? John, I had some similar issues with some clients during my 3.0 upgrade. Are you on 1.2 or 3.0? Also, are there any errors in your Event logs on that machine? Some other things to try: Remove any cached passwords pointing to the CRM server: ... Navigate to the Control Panel 2. Select 'User Accounts' ...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

Avoiding IE warning msgs on doc.Load(sPath) intranet
I have several ASP.NET pages that run on an intranet with an IIS server. Several of them use XML.DOM to open an XML file. doc.Load(sPath). When the is command to open the file is up doc.Load(sPath) IE6 post a warning message "This page is accessing information that is not under its control. . . " This is very anoying and disruptive to the users. How do I avoide this. Do I need to send a certificate or some such? Help...I need direction. Thank you in advance. kermit wrote: > I have several ASP.NET pages that run on an intranet with an IIS server. > Several of them...

email filtered report
I am looping through a recordset and want to send a snapshot report to each person in the recordset. The report should be filtered for the current peopleID but I dont know how to pass the current peopleID to filter the report before i do a sendObject Any suggestions please "judith" <judith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CECFCF-ADE5-40E5-8476-C898E5A407FF@microsoft.com... >I am looping through a recordset and want to send a snapshot report to each > person in the recordset. The report should be filtered for the current > peopleID but I dont kno...

Deleted domain user in a CRM 1.2 environment
I have a customer that has deleted a domain user in a CRM 1.2 environment. As far as I can see form the info in Goole groups, this is probably the worst thing you can do. Has anyone come across a simple way to recover this yet other that restoring or new install? ...

Limit Recipients in Bulk Mail
I would like to know if i can make a setting that the maximum of recipients in a bulk mail can be set. I would like to have a limit of 500 recipients, but cant find the settings to make. You can limit it to 250: Go to options and set the maximum records per page to 250. Use CRM Mail Merge for Word to send the emails and merge to all records on current page. -- www.nauta-automatisering.nl "Deeske" wrote: > I would like to know if i can make a setting that the maximum of recipients > in a bulk mail can be set. > > I would like to have a limit of 500 recipients, b...

Filter Treeview using XmlDatasource.xpath
Hi, I have this xmldoc linked to a xmldatasource in .Net 2.0 <MENUROOT title="Home" visible="true"> <MENU title="subnode_1" visible="true"> <MENUITEM title="leafnode_1" visible="true" /> <MENUITEM title="leafnode_2" visible="false" /> </MENU> <MENU title="subnode_2" visible="false"> <MENUITEM title="leafnode_3" visible="true" /> <MENUITEM title="leafnode_4" visible="...

Applying filters in a report
I have a report that is sourced to a query. Now in the report properties there is a filter property and I want to further restrict data to the report at this point. I want to first do a simple sub-string extract and then compare the result to a fixed value. For example my filter command would be as follows: Mid([Center],3,2) = "02" So anytime the sub-string returns an "02" then I want that data in the report. Any help is appreicated and thanks! Mike The best way to filter reports is to use the Where argument of the OpenReport method. Do you use any where cond...

Out of Office does not load
We are having problems with a number of our computers with WinXP - Office 2003. We have Exchange 2003. Every time they try to open the Out of Office Assistant, they would get a message - "an unspecified error occured" and say that the system has "insufficient memory". I am thinking it could be caused by a setting in exchange that is not compatible with Outlook 2003 since we were able to turn on the Out of Office Assistant when we loaded their account on Outlook 2000. Any thoughts? Use the mdbvu32 utility from the Exchange Resource Kit to clear the OOF from the...

Showing list of range names available for formulas??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know this MUST be possible in Excel...but I can't seem to find it. I have named ranges. I am entering a formula and want to refer to a range name. I don't remember exactly what I called it, or it has a long name that I don't want to have to type. Can't I use some sort of function key to just show a list of the available named ranges, so that I can point to the one I want? In excel for windows, we used a function key (can't recall which one). <br> Thanks, <br> hjd Rev...

Adding filter to query
I'm trying to export to excel the filtered results of an underlying query on a split form. In the on click event of a command button I create a querydef and then use transfer spreadsheet to create an Excel workbook. The code creates the spreadsheet, but it includes all the records. I need to make it create only the filtered records. I've tried several methods, but can't seem to figure this out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Ken I just answered a question just like this yesterday. I got a green check for it! Maybe I will get another today... ...