Bookmark Not Valid

hello everyone
I have tried everything,
but cannot connect Bookmark not valid
and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon Interactively
I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3
I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh sync
issues
default offline address book
0
Matthew (58)

Matthew -

Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only
Global Catalog)?

--
Evan Dodds
Microsoft Exchange Support

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

"Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello everyone
> I have tried everything,
> but cannot connect Bookmark not valid
> and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon
> Interactively
> I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3
> I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh sync
> issues
> default offline address book

0
evand (114)
11/9/2004 3:27:05 PM

"Evan Dodds [MSFT]" wrote:

> Matthew -
>
> Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only
> Global Catalog)?
>
> --
> Evan Dodds
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> ****** Disclaimer ******
>
> Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
> purposes only.
>
> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello everyone
> > I have tried everything,
> > but cannot connect Bookmark not valid
> > and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon
> > Interactively
> > I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3
> > I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh sync
> > issues
> > default offline address book
>
> I have Rebooted on numorous occassions
and still to no avail.

I can sucessfully use owa from the machine.
cannot connect using outlook, from any machine, or with any user.

Any help would be appreciated.
Microsoft KB found nothing of use

0
Matthew (58)
11/9/2004 5:19:07 PM
Matthew -

This Invalid Bookmark error is generally related to some problem with the
NSPI interfaces inside the global catalog. Frequently, rebooting the server
will fix this, but if it's not happening in your case, another option would
be to force the global catalog to rebuild and republish:

- Administrative Tools -> AD Sites and Services
- Drill down through the Sites->Sitename->Servers->Servername. Right-click
on NTDS Settings and select properties.
- Uncheck the Global Catalog checkbox and click Apply.
- Then Recheck the Global Catalog checkbox and click Apply again.

It'll take a few minutes (you can watch the Directory Service event log),
but eventually the Global Catalog interfaces should be removed and then
rebuilt and republished. Note that during this time, you won't have any GC
unless you've added other DCs to your SBS environment. After it's done,
however, hopefully this will fix the problem you're having...

--

> "Evan Dodds [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Matthew -
>>
>> Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only
>> Global Catalog)?
>>
>> --
>> Evan Dodds
>> Microsoft Exchange Support
>>
>> ****** Disclaimer ******
>> rights.
>>
>> Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for
>> newsgroup
>> purposes only.
>>
>> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hello everyone
>> > I have tried everything,
>> > but cannot connect Bookmark not valid
>> > and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon
>> > Interactively
>> > I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3
>> > I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh
>> > sync
>> > issues
>> > default offline address book
>>
>> I have Rebooted on numorous occassions
> and still to no avail.
>
> I can sucessfully use owa from the machine.
> cannot connect using outlook, from any machine, or with any user.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Microsoft KB found nothing of use

0
evand (114)
11/9/2004 10:53:04 PM
Good Morning Evan,
I have Republished the GC and rebooted the server tehn the client machine
try to set up a new profile I get the same error, "The bookmark is not Valid"

I have even tried reinstalling outlook
My OWA works fine

Matt

"Evan Dodds [MSFT]" wrote:

> Matthew -
>
> This Invalid Bookmark error is generally related to some problem with the
> NSPI interfaces inside the global catalog. Frequently, rebooting the server
> will fix this, but if it's not happening in your case, another option would
> be to force the global catalog to rebuild and republish:
>
> - Administrative Tools -> AD Sites and Services
> - Drill down through the Sites->Sitename->Servers->Servername. Right-click
> on NTDS Settings and select properties.
> - Uncheck the Global Catalog checkbox and click Apply.
> - Then Recheck the Global Catalog checkbox and click Apply again.
>
> It'll take a few minutes (you can watch the Directory Service event log),
> but eventually the Global Catalog interfaces should be removed and then
> rebuilt and republished. Note that during this time, you won't have any GC
> unless you've added other DCs to your SBS environment. After it's done,
> however, hopefully this will fix the problem you're having...
>
> --
> Evan Dodds
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> ****** Disclaimer ******
>
> Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
> purposes only.
>
> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Evan Dodds [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Matthew -
> >>
> >> Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only
> >> Global Catalog)?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Evan Dodds
> >> Microsoft Exchange Support
> >>
> >> ****** Disclaimer ******
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for
> >> newsgroup
> >> purposes only.
> >>
> >> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I have Rebooted on numorous occassions
> > and still to no avail.
> >
> > I can sucessfully use owa from the machine.
> > cannot connect using outlook, from any machine, or with any user.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Microsoft KB found nothing of use

0
Matthew (58)
11/10/2004 12:35:03 PM
Matthew -

It makes sense that the OWA would continue working, as it doesn't require
this NSPI interface which is likely behind this problem.

Is this Outlook behavior present on any Outlook client you try (ie - have
you tried more than one Outlook client)? Have you confirmed on the Directory
Access tab (properties of the Exchange server in ESM) that all of the
servers: DC, GC, and ConfigDC are set to Automatic and that all are
discovered correctly? Have you altered security on any of the address lists
set in the ESM program?

If none of these suggestions pan out, you may want to open a support
incident with PSS to dig into some deeper investigation of this problem
using the NSPITOOL utility.

--

> Good Morning Evan,
> I have Republished the GC and rebooted the server tehn the client machine
> try to set up a new profile I get the same error, "The bookmark is not
> Valid"
>
> I have even tried reinstalling outlook
> My OWA works fine
>

> Matt
>
> "Evan Dodds [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Matthew -
>>
>> This Invalid Bookmark error is generally related to some problem with the
>> NSPI interfaces inside the global catalog. Frequently, rebooting the
>> server
>> will fix this, but if it's not happening in your case, another option
>> would
>> be to force the global catalog to rebuild and republish:
>>
>> - Administrative Tools -> AD Sites and Services
>> - Drill down through the Sites->Sitename->Servers->Servername.
>> Right-click
>> on NTDS Settings and select properties.
>> - Uncheck the Global Catalog checkbox and click Apply.
>> - Then Recheck the Global Catalog checkbox and click Apply again.
>>
>> It'll take a few minutes (you can watch the Directory Service event log),
>> but eventually the Global Catalog interfaces should be removed and then
>> rebuilt and republished. Note that during this time, you won't have any
>> GC
>> unless you've added other DCs to your SBS environment. After it's done,
>> however, hopefully this will fix the problem you're having...
>>
>> --
>> Evan Dodds
>> Microsoft Exchange Support
>>
>> ****** Disclaimer ******
>> rights.
>>
>> Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for
>> newsgroup
>> purposes only.
>>
>> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > and still to no avail.
>> >
>> > I can sucessfully use owa from the machine.
>> > cannot connect using outlook, from any machine, or with any user.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated.
>> > Microsoft KB found nothing of use

0
evand (114)

Is the m_hFile member of CMemFile valid?
Just out of curiosity is the m_hFile of a CMemFile variable valid? Don't really have time to write a function just to satisfy a curiosity :) Say I have a function that excepts a file handle, and I have a CMemFile that I have put a bunch of data into. Can I safely pass the MyMemFile.m_hFile to that function? AliR. Hi Ali, This might answer your question: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_wcemfc4/html/aflrfcmemfile.asp "Because CMemFile does not use a disk file, the data member CFile::m_hFile is not used and has no meaning." I'm gues...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

String validation
Apologies for an overly simple question but: If I want to validate an entry on a form (to a table) how do I validate it so it has to be text. Do I have to list all the acceptable ASCII characters or is there a built in function to do this? Thanks Mick <mick.whyte@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172675685.329885.131150@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > Apologies for an overly simple question but: > > If I want to validate an entry on a form (to a table) how do I > validate it so it has to be text. Do I have to list all the acceptable > ASCII characters or is there ...

Data Validation. Multiple.
Hello, I am using data validation on a cell that creates a option list from a lookup table (range of cells). Is there a way when I go to the cell to select multiple options and those options are added to the cell as a CSV list? Thanks, Miguel I doubt it can be done with data validation. maybe you could use the mouse's right click or double click event to open a userform. it would then be quite easy to multi-select from a list. eg listbox1 has been checked... for item = 0 to listbox1.ListCount-1 if listbox1.Selected(item) then text = text & "," &am...

Validation drop-down menus disappear in Excel 2002 w/o frozen panes
Using Excel 2002 with SP2 installed, in Windows XP Pro. After copying a range and pasting it elsewhere in the same sheet all validation drop-down menus vanished. Panes are unfrozen. Other sheets in the same workbook are unaffected. Tools/Options/View/Objects is set to Show All. Closing the file and Excel, then reopening the file is no good, nor is rebooting the machine. There are merged cells in the sheet, and some of them contain validation menus, but drop-downs are missing even in rows without merged cells. Unmerging all cells in the sheet does not restore the menus. I found one othe...

Data Validation & Macros
Geez--this is my second post of the morning. Sorry about not thinking my = queries through all the way! Anyway, I have the following macro which deposits the date and time into = a=20 cell: Sub DateAndTime() With ActiveCell .Value =3D Now .NumberFormat =3D "mm/dd/yy h:mm AM/PM" End With End Sub Unfortunately, the stamp deposited into the cell seems not to be = recognized=20 by Data Validation, which is set up to flash a warning box if the time = entered=20 is after 5:00 PM. If I enter the identical info that the macro generates = manually and hit "En...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

.Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
I am at a loss. I have a button on a subform (continuous) to select a record to display on another subform, which has some onCurrent events. This works just fine but does take a few seconds and I wish to display a please wait label on the parent of the subform that houses the button. The label is visible, I have ensured that. When user selects the button to display a record, the label should be visible but is not. When I step through it is made visible correctly, but the net effect for user is that the label is never visible. Code: Forms![frm1 Client]!Reservationfrm.Form!lblPleas...

When choosing default file location get error "the folder is not valid"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to specify a networked drive as the default file location for my Word documents. I can open files from the drive within Word, and I'm connected to the server/network drive. But when I try to specify it as the default location I receive this error. That's amazing: Your post has already been copied to six websites that are stealing our content :-) I do not know the answer for sure, but I "think" there is a hard-coded check in there that specifies that a network drive cannot be us...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...

Validate data part 2
The coding given by Dave works fine. it traps erros as a whoel in the range. However... I have a problem with null values, cells in range can have null values, null values are OK. I want so search each cell in the range then if its contents is null replace it with zero. Something like: define range for each cell in range if value is null then value = 0 end if I do not know how to loop through the cells in the range. Thanx again. dim myCell as range dim myRng as range set myrng = worksheets("sheet999").range("a1:D9") for each mycell in myrng.ce...

The value you entered isn't valid for this field
The value you entered isn't valid for this field for example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that is larger the field size permits this message appear for me on my (((Form))) when entering: text or number in ---------date field text or date in ------------ number field my question is: is there any why to remove this message and display custom message after typing directly (after update) for the (Control)!! This is an engine-level message, so you can use the Error event of the form to catch it and substitute your own message for that DataErr. -- Allen...

Bookmark Not Valid
hello everyone I have tried everything, but cannot connect Bookmark not valid and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon Interactively I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3 I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh sync issues default offline address book Matthew - Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only Global Catalog)? -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please ...

bookmarks
booksmarks ...

Data Validation #43
I'm encountering a frustrating problem relating to data validation, and I'm sure there's a simple answer. On one sheet only, when I set up Data Validation (sourcing a list), the little dropdown arrow to the side of the cell doesn't appear. On all other sheets, the dropdown appears. On the problem sheet, the validation still works (ie, I can't enter a value that isn't on the list), but the dropdown doesn't appear. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Daniel Daniel Select the cell where the drop down should be, then select data> validation>setting tab, and...

Bookmark
Is there any way to create Bookmarks in a publication? I want to create an email newsletter which should include links to specific text within the newsletter. For example I start with a table of contents and would like to link to the specific paragraphs and then also have Back to Top link. So far what I found is that it is NOT possible to do that. Has anybody found a workaround?? Thanks for your help TomAL wrote: > Is there any way to create Bookmarks in a publication? I want to > create an email newsletter which should include links to specific > text within the newsletter. For e...

bookmark
I am using a bookmark to return to edited record after a requery. I get an error if the record is new. I used: If Not Me.NewRecord Then iBook=Me.BookMark End IF Me.Requery If Not Me.NewRecord Then Me.BookMark=iBook End IF But this still results in an error since after the requery the record is not new. What syntax do I need to accomplish this? Thanks -- sam The way I handle this is to define my own new-record boolean variable. When you create a new record, set the variable to TRUE. It will stay true until you reset it yourself at the appropriate time. You may need to dim the v...

Trying to validate input based upon values in two other cells
I'm trying to pop a warning message (Datavalidiation Stop) or display a text value in another cell when two conditions exist: Cell D4 is = 0 and cell G4 is having a numberic value entered into it. If Cell D4 is > 0 then any number can be entered into G4. Data Validation>Allow>Custom =AND(D4>0,ISNUMBER(G4)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:23:01 -0800, JG <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to pop a warning message (Datavalidiation Stop) or display a text >value in another cell when two conditions exist:...

combobox bookmark
Hi All, I do use a combobox within my email form. This box lookes within a query for a companyname and passes through the corresponding email address and contactid. I am able to use the information as I select the companyname through the pull down menu.(after update) strC = Me![ComboEmail].Column(2) strB = Me![ComboEmail].Column(1) strA = Me![ComboEmail].Column(0) MsgBox "Combo tells strA (0) = " & strA & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strB (1)= " & strB & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strC (2)= " & strC Me!EmailAddress.Value = strC...

"The bookmark is not valid"
Exchange server 2003, Outlook 2003 currently use pop3, try to add Exhange account, then select check name get the error bookmark is not valid. Webmail works. Any idea what is wrong? ...

Validation Error 311 On Layaways
We have a store credit system not allowing the customer to get back cash refunds or credit back to their credit card, they may only use their credit in any of our locations. We do this by using the customer accounts and returning the item onto the account which leaves a balanced owed to the customer. The Customer can then come back at any time to redem the credit for an item in the store. This system has worked great for us and has had no problem except for: CANCELLED LAYAWAYS. When a layaway is set to be put back into stock, we recall the layaway, delete all the items from the...

link from outlook to word bookmark opens doc but not at bookmark
I want to put a link into an email (Outlook 2003) to open a Word doc right at a bookmark. When I test the link (by sending the email to myself and clicking the link), it opens the Word doc, but at the top of the doc, not at the bookmark. I know the bookmark works, because when I paste the link into another Word doc and click it, it opens the target Word doc right at the bookmark. Any insight? Yeah, this disappoints me too. I cannot make this work anywhere except in the Word document. Nikki "JOH" <JOHolloway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:564ef8a3-6760-4bfb-9845-3ec86df...

Data Validation List.
Thanks to the help of some in here, I've been able to create some dependent dropdown lists however, I didn't anticipate the following problem when I posted my question weeks ago. I have 4 dependent dropdowns (4 columns). However, the 4th dropdown may not be required in some instances depending on what option is selected. How do I make it so that if option X is selected, it won't activate the 4th pulldown but instead, perform the VLOOKUP function. Also, is it possible to have the pulldown always visible (just the arrow, not the list itself) and not just when you click on that ce...

data validation #24
When I use data validation to create a pick list in Excel, I can not read the list of option in the pick box. The list is so small. I have changed the fonts in both the pick bax as well as the data table but the pick list still remains small. Change your zoom to 100% "jennifer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f52e01c457b7$80587910$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I use data validation to create a pick list in Excel, > I can not read the list of option in the pick box. The > list is so small. I have changed the fonts in both the > pi...

Invalid Bookmark
I am getting a weird message on a Windows 98 machine running Outlook 2000. When it tries to connect to the exchange server it says - Unable to connect to server. The bookmark is invalid. Any ideas - Anyone? I've tried Detect and Repair, uninstall and reinstall of Office. Thanks ...