Bookmark not valid #2

On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not
valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA..

Any ideas???

Event Log:

Event ID 9126
OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list
for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not
be available for client download.
- /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

Event ID 9330

OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active
Directory Domain Controller for '\Global Address List'.
- /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

0
HELP (162)

hope this link help

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893353

"Help" wrote:

> On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not
> valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA..
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Event Log:
>
> Event ID 9126
> OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list
> for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not
> be available for client download.
> - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List
>
> Event ID 9330
>
> OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active
> Directory Domain Controller for '\Global Address List'.
> - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

0
tin (16)
3/23/2006 11:00:02 PM
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:37:02 -0800, Help
<Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not
>valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA..
>
>Any ideas???
>
>Event Log:
>
>Event ID 9126
>OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list
>for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not
>be available for client download.
>- /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List
>
>Event ID 9330
>
>OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active
>Directory Domain Controller for '\Global Address List'.
>- /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

Crank up diags on the OALGenerator in ESM. Rebuild the Offline Address
List and check the event logs.

Is there a valid server listed for the Offline Address Book?
RUS pointing at a valid DC?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=286328

0
adavid (8731)
3/23/2006 11:02:12 PM
I have SP2, I think this includes the hotfix..

"tin" wrote:

> hope this link help
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893353
>

> "Help" wrote:
>
> > On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not
> > valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA..
> >
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > Event Log:
> >
> > Event ID 9126
> > OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list
> > for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not
> > be available for client download.
> > - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List
> >
> > Event ID 9330
> >
> > OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active
> > Directory Domain Controller for '\Global Address List'.
> > - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

0
HELP (162)
3/23/2006 11:17:02 PM
I would try rebuild your offline addr book under Recipient update services.

"Help" wrote:

> I have SP2, I think this includes the hotfix..
>
> "tin" wrote:
>
> > hope this link help

> > "Help" wrote:
> >
> > > On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not
> > > valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA..
> > >
> > > Any ideas???
> > >
> > > Event Log:
> > >
> > > Event ID 9126
> > > OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list
> > > for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not
> > > be available for client download.
> > > - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List
> > >
> > > Event ID 9330
> > >
> > > OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active
> > > Directory Domain Controller for '\Global Address List'.
> > > - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

0
tin (16)
3/23/2006 11:40:02 PM
have tried that, no luck..

"tin" wrote:

> I would try rebuild your offline addr book under Recipient update services.
>
> "Help" wrote:
>
> > I have SP2, I think this includes the hotfix..
> >
> > "tin" wrote:
> >
> > > hope this link help
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893353

0
HELP (162)

Is the m_hFile member of CMemFile valid?
Just out of curiosity is the m_hFile of a CMemFile variable valid? Don't really have time to write a function just to satisfy a curiosity :) Say I have a function that excepts a file handle, and I have a CMemFile that I have put a bunch of data into. Can I safely pass the MyMemFile.m_hFile to that function? AliR. Hi Ali, This might answer your question: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_wcemfc4/html/aflrfcmemfile.asp "Because CMemFile does not use a disk file, the data member CFile::m_hFile is not used and has no meaning." I'm gues...

SMTP logs #2
Does anyone know of an application that can monitor your SMTP logs for you? I need to monitor the SMTP logs in the morning for repeated attempts on the SMTP service. This is very annoying considering theres over a thousand lines of entries. Any suggestions? I even read somewhere you can use a script to monitor it...?? Thanks! Hi How about logging it using ODBC and then you could dump it into Access and do queries against it: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF027.html -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

CRM uggrade from 1.0 to 1.2
It would be of great help If anyone can tell me where I can find documentation about upgrading 1.0 t 1.2 . OR can describe method in brief. Thanks Rakesh I believe there was a readme.htm file on the 1.2 CD that had detailed instructions. >-----Original Message----- >It would be of great help If anyone can tell me where I >can find documentation about upgrading 1.0 t 1.2 . >OR can describe method in brief. > >Thanks > >Rakesh >. > Read the Implementation Guide on the 1.2 Documentation CD. This provides instructions on upgrading. -- Brandon IT Direct...

Seperating text, backwards to frontwards #2
Hi All, I have a field which is like the below example: "Disappointed at failure - 68 Interior equipment - Repair group: Body - ..Archive" Now I want to split this into fields, as per below: A B C D ..Archive Repair group: Body 68 Interior equipment Dissapointed at failure I know that I can use text to columns to split the field by the "-" but then how do I get it reversed? NOT all of the fields can be split into 4, sometimes there can be up to 7 or as little as 1. Does anyone have an answer? Regards Adam use ...

Customized Shapes 2 questions.
Is there a way to make customized shapes and then import a picture into it so it takes on the shape of the shape??? Sorry to be redundant with the word shape. You know how you can take an "autoshape" and then pick fill and upload a picture into it??? I want to do that but I want to make funky shapes that aren't in autoshape. Question 2.....once you import the picture into the shape is there any way to resize it so maybe only a portion of the picture shows though i.e. just a face is visible in a circle. Or, do I have to resize the picture first, save it as just the pic...

String validation
Apologies for an overly simple question but: If I want to validate an entry on a form (to a table) how do I validate it so it has to be text. Do I have to list all the acceptable ASCII characters or is there a built in function to do this? Thanks Mick <mick.whyte@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172675685.329885.131150@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > Apologies for an overly simple question but: > > If I want to validate an entry on a form (to a table) how do I > validate it so it has to be text. Do I have to list all the acceptable > ASCII characters or is there ...

access to autofilter with protection #2
is there a way for me to allow another party to use the autofilter facility to manipulate data whilst protecting the data from being accidently or intentionally edited or deleted ...

Fax #2
How do I set up fax in Outlook 2000? That would depend on which mail support mode and fax software you are using, which you did not provide: http://home.indy.rr.com/russval/fax.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Woody" <Woody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72631958-0A40-4B02-ABF4-CC43D9CE750F@microsoft.com... > How do I set up fax in Outlook 2000? ...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...

Data Validation. Multiple.
Hello, I am using data validation on a cell that creates a option list from a lookup table (range of cells). Is there a way when I go to the cell to select multiple options and those options are added to the cell as a CSV list? Thanks, Miguel I doubt it can be done with data validation. maybe you could use the mouse's right click or double click event to open a userform. it would then be quite easy to multi-select from a list. eg listbox1 has been checked... for item = 0 to listbox1.ListCount-1 if listbox1.Selected(item) then text = text & "," &am...

Outlook express to Outlook via 2 pc's
I'm trying to export my email messages from outlook express to outlook on seperate pc's. All i can find re import/export only works on the same pc. When you export via express, it doesn't tell you where the files are. When you import via outlook, it doesnt tell you where it's getting the files from. thank you! OE and OL must be installed on same sys. Then export from OE to OL For OE help see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ If OL is on a seperate sys you will have to copy OE data to OE on other sys, prior to exporting to OL. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions....

Gift Certificates #2
Does anyone know why when loading gift certificate information into RMS why the serial numbers default to three digits? The actual serial number on each gift certificate we loaded was 6 digits but the sytem lopped off three of the digits when we checked it in tenders. Were the numbers zero? Just asking because many systems see 0 as a place holder on a whole number system. The ones in the front don't count to maintain number values. -- Elizabeth M. "Tim G" <TimG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86663013-7850-4AC2-955C-AFCE90F9D954@microsoft.com... &...

Just invest $ 2 to make $2 over and over??
Yes it's possible! Do you think its a scam> No Way, coz scammers would want a hefty amount of 20-30 dollars! from each person, here u pay initially only$2.4 from Paypal! Join fast .... http://www.twodollars.biz/?a=534283 ...

Printing Custom Forms #2
I read the post re the xprint but I am hoping for a simpler solution to my problem. I designed a form based upon previous attempts at a design. I finally have the form the way I want it but there are fields assigned to the form that I am not using on the form. They are fields that were set up as a result of my previous attempts. When I go to print the form I get ALL the fields associated with the form, not just the fields that appear on the form. Can I eliminate the fields that I don't need somehow??Also, I don't get the notes field when I print. Any way I can get that? I...

Regression Analysis Format #2
I've never had to perform multiple regression through Excel before so forgive any simple mistakes or assumptions. I'm trying to create a relationship between 3 variables (Crossfall, gradient and flow width) and an output (Area). Having arranged the data in a suitable way that Regression Analysis could be carried out I'm presented with 3 variables. However, nowhere does is specify what in format these variables are applied / combined such that I may produce a result. Is it a simple y=Aa+Bb+Cc+I? Or is there something more complex? I have tried with the above format but the e...

Current Cost #2
Hello: Aside from using Field-Level Security or Modifier (and forcing the client to have buy either tool), is there any sort of workaround for the fact that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance can be edited and updated secretly by the end user. A client is complaining that the Current Cost field can be changed by an end user and update Cost of Goods Sold. Any ideas? childofthe1980s The client could always just acquire Customization Site License (far cheaper) but I know of no other solution. This field is generally useless except for visual presentation since the cost layer c...

Sheet Reference #2
I have cell 'D8' which contains a formula linked to another sheet ie ='Payroll CC100'!D10. Payroll CC100 is the name of the other sheet. Is it possible to have a formula whereby cell 'C8' ie next to 'D8' indicates the sheet name (ie Payroll CC100) linked to 'D8'. Can anyone help? Have a look in HELP for INDIRECT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Etienne Borg" <etienne.borg@go.com.mt> wrote in message news:69ca01c49408$93862db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have cell 'D8' which contains a formula linked to >...

2 different fonts in a cell
Is there a way to put 2 different fonts in the same cell? For instance: D(symbol style)T(arial style)...so it would show as 'delta T' Thank you. -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484079 Good evening Morrigan Slect the cell containing Delta T and press F2. Highlight Delta and the change it to the cell that you want. Then highlight the T and select teh font that you ...

photogallery in pub #2
How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers? Ans is 12 but please explain any body. Thanks in advance. I believe it depends on the version of Publisher to the number of photos are in the default gallery; I use Publisher 2000 and there are 120. You can use most any photograph in a Publisher project, just go to the folder you may have them stored. Insert, Picture, from file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "kasuthar" <u54399@uwe> wrote in message news:9b5add510a903@uwe... > How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers?...

Data Validation & Macros
Geez--this is my second post of the morning. Sorry about not thinking my = queries through all the way! Anyway, I have the following macro which deposits the date and time into = a=20 cell: Sub DateAndTime() With ActiveCell .Value =3D Now .NumberFormat =3D "mm/dd/yy h:mm AM/PM" End With End Sub Unfortunately, the stamp deposited into the cell seems not to be = recognized=20 by Data Validation, which is set up to flash a warning box if the time = entered=20 is after 5:00 PM. If I enter the identical info that the macro generates = manually and hit "En...

Validation drop-down menus disappear in Excel 2002 w/o frozen panes
Using Excel 2002 with SP2 installed, in Windows XP Pro. After copying a range and pasting it elsewhere in the same sheet all validation drop-down menus vanished. Panes are unfrozen. Other sheets in the same workbook are unaffected. Tools/Options/View/Objects is set to Show All. Closing the file and Excel, then reopening the file is no good, nor is rebooting the machine. There are merged cells in the sheet, and some of them contain validation menus, but drop-downs are missing even in rows without merged cells. Unmerging all cells in the sheet does not restore the menus. I found one othe...

OWA #2
Hey guys, OWA doesnt work for one of my users , his email is fine when he tries connecting to the server , also his email doesnt seem to be working with pop3 when he tries to access it from home. What are the things I should be looking for?? - Zulfi Need to expand on the OWA issue, can they log into OWA or they can log in but cannot send emails. Same really goes for the POP3 question, are there any errors "Zulfikar Fanuswala" <fanuswala@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMw7Y3rWDHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, > > OWA doesnt work for one of my users ...

rules wizard not available #2
Outlook 2002 (xp) ; Win2k When I click on my rules wizard menu option, I get the following message: "The command is not available. see documentation for usage of the extension" (or something similar) This used to work fine in win2k. I had rules setup and they worked. About 3 months ago, I had to move my 'outlook.pst' file onto a Win XP hard drive. I kept it there for about a month and then moved it back to the original location on the Win2K drive. I think that is when the Rules wizard quit working. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!! Is there anything listed in Disab...