Blue Sceen after Install

After installing Windows 2000 I get a blue screen  . Please help?

0
Richk (1)

Thank you for visiting the Windows XP Deployment newsgroup.

Your question can best be answered by reposting your question
in the Windows 2000 newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart!  Protect your PC!

"Rich K." <Richk@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message:

| After installing Windows 2000 I get a blue screen  . Please help?

0
mrxp2004 (3)
12/30/2003 2:10:04 PM
What are the first 4 lines from the BSOD?
Also, please do not cross-post.

"Rich K." wrote:

> After installing Windows 2000 I get a blue screen  . Please help?

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Update rollup 1 & 2 not installing..
i currently have micorosft crm server installed and i wanted to import some customizations and gave me an error; i googled the error and it said you need the update. ok, i tried to update and both install spit out this error "Setup has detected that the version of the update does not mach the installed version of Microsoft CRM." I have the same problem, when I tried to update CRM laptop client, googled for this problem several hours, but could not find any advice. I have already updated server side. "Ibbz" wrote: > i currently have micorosft crm server installe...

blue squares
What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? It's difficult to know exactly without looking at the worksheet, but as a first guess I would suggest that you check to see if there's any conditional formatting applied to the cell(s) that are giving you trouble - You may be entering some data that triggers a formatting rule to turn the cell blue. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "blue" wrote: > What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? ...

Installing Upodate KB955706
I have tired to install MS SQL Server KB955706 and get an error code OxD59. Is ther some wat I can get this to install? -- Jim (cross-post added to SQL Server Setup) "Jim H of St. Paul" <jmhrts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:83016B0A-2F33-499F-8ECE-566074411962@microsoft.com... > I have tired to install MS SQL Server KB955706 and get an error code > OxD59. > Is ther some wat I can get this to install? > -- > Jim Try a search? First convert your code to decimal... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337262(SQL.90).aspx (Micros...

Getting Product Key Of Install
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel We have 7 copies of Office 2004 in our office and need to reinstall one copy, only we don't know which product key to use. I know that there is a key combination to press that I can get it. Does anyone know what this is or is there another way I can do this without starting all over on all of the machines? Thanks, Bill There's no key combination to get the key. All you've got is trial and error. The process is sped up by this trick: "For Office 2004, Remove Office is in the Additional Tools folder. A...

Blue Screen
I am running XP SP3. I just got a strange blue screen, while I was composing an email. All functions and processes have been operating normally all year. The screen was not specific to one problem, but suggested that a hardware or software problem had occurred - that I should first restart the computer, and if the same screen came up, I should restart in safe mode to remove the offending piece of hardware or software. When I restarted the PC, all was working normally, and continues to do so. Any idea what may have occasioned this blue screen message? -- John John wrot...

Installment payments
Can CRM be used to invoice customers by installment? For example, we lease systems, how can I accomplish this in 3.0? Thanks! Jon CRM doesn't have functionality within it to handle payments in this manner. You could build the required processing via the SDK if you were ambitious though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jon Poploskie" <jpoploskie@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:uM$gguG9FHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... Can CRM be used to invoice customers by installment? For example, we lease systems, how can I accomplish this in 3.0? Thanks! Jon You ...

How to determine whether update rollup is installed
Hi, I've just installed the update rollup on test machines both for client and server. However there's no obvious change - even the build version numbers shown on the web interface remain the same. Is this to be expected? How can I tell that the update is installed successfully? Thanks! Tom Not sure why they didn't update the version number. On the server, go to add/remove programs and check the 'show updates' checkbox at the top. then, under the Microsoft CRM Server, you should see 'Update Rollup 1...' Dave Ireland "Tom" <thisisme_ithink@yahoo...

MFC For Installer?
I need to write an installer bootstrap program for my Visual Basic .NET application. This installer program needs to compile to native code. I will use this installer to check to see if the .NET framework, MDAC, and an existing instance of my MSDE database is already installed. If these components are not installed, I will launch their MSI packages automatically. This program needs a user interface. What technologies should I use in order to write this installer bootstrapper? Should I look to MFC? I just need some direction for my reading because the VC++ body of literature is so va...

Installing BCM
I cannot install BCM. I have Office 2003 Pro. My machine is running on an exchange server. Previously I was told that if I create a seperate e-mail profile with a pop 3 account I should be able to install and run BCM. It seems that the feature is not acceessible to my computer from the disk. HELP! Thanks DO you have a Disk 2 that came iwth that package? If so, there should be a setup file on that CD that you can run to install BCM. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgrou...

Blue screen
Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's thx Amraam Not that this helps you but I've also got Excel 2007 opening with a blue blank screen, no toolbars at top, bottom status bar appears at top and the page is frozen. All other products in Suite open correctly although there does seem to be a short hesitation of a blank screen before the correct display appears??? Running Vista Home Premium JohnP "Amraam" wrote: > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's > thx > Amraam Excel 2007 t...

Installation Error: Non-supported application pool identity
SBS2003 Premium HI, I am trying to install CRM 3.0 and I cannot get the Sql Reporting Services to work. I receive the following error: "The Web site for installing SQL Server Reporting Services {0} uses an Application Pool of non-supported identity. Supported identity is Network Service." All the application pools in IIS 6.0 have been changed to Network Service (all were xcept for the Exchange app pools - I changed these). Yet I am still getting this error. What else can I try? I was wondering if my web.config file could be to blame, but I cannot be sure. Thanks! Jason Ha...

Installing MFC App
I have an application that has one executable and many DLLs. How can I make an installer for my application? What are some of the ways to do this? Thanks. Jess "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hsDMf.37962$F_3.25604@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I have an application that has one executable and many DLLs. How can I make >an installer for my application? What are some of the ways to do this? if you are using VS 2002 or higher you can add a distribution project to your solution. This is relatively easy for most applications. It also allow...

Installing Money #2
When I try to install Money on my computer, I keep getting a message that says "Please install from SETUP.EXE not MONEY.MSI." Please help! This is so frustrating. In microsoft.public.money, BillyBob wrote: >When I try to install Money on my computer, I keep getting >a message that says "Please install from SETUP.EXE not >MONEY.MSI." Please help! This is so frustrating. On your CD try doubleclicking on Setup.exe (or Setup if you do not see Setup.exe). ...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

How do I install DPM 2010 Agent on another DPM 2010 Machine
I have two machines installed with DPM 2010. One is currently backing up my Exchange Server but I wish to use the second one for Offsite Replication/Disaster Recovery. Everytime I try to install the DPM Agent on the primary machine it tells me I am not allowed to install the Agent on a DPM Server. Can you tell me how to install this? You do not need to install agent separately on DPM machine. The agent functionality is made available as part of DPM installation itself. You can go ahead and start the protection. -- “Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "...

Pink and Blue Layout Guides
The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the blue guides from the pink guides. Jerome A. Schneble wrote: > The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems > to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the > blue guides from the pink guides. No. -- Cassandra Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!' Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk. Change...

Senders emails in blue
I have Office 2007 and when I get an email in my inbox from a certain individual it shows their name, subject and received in blue. I believe when I had 2003 I made this change, but I want to clear out all colors. How do I do that in 2007. Sorry I do not know the name of this process. It's Automatic formatting and is set in the view. right click on the row of field names and choose Customize, then reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email...

Certificate blues
I've bought a GlobalSign certificate described as "Organization ServerSign with SAN" for marrian.com (my internet domain). The email delivering the certificate included text for the "SSL" certificate and text for the "OrganizationSSL Root" certificate. Following instructions, I created two crt files and installed them on the server. I can see the certificate under the Personal folder but it shows as marrian.com whereas perhaps I need to get it reissued as remote.marrian.com? Also following instructions, I ran this command in the Exchange Management She...

Blue Screens of Death (BSOD)
I've been getting one or two BOSDs per week on my new PC. I have an HP p6210t with 6 GB RAM and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version. I have no applications running that are 64 bit. One example, I am printing 35 copies of a picture on my HP B8550 printer. Somewhere in the middle of the printing, I get a BSOD. I have also had them running Word 2007, Excel 2007 (both 32 bit). Is this just a "newness" problem with Win 7 and 64 bit processors or is my new PC the problem? Thanks. Tom From my own experience and running Win 7 64-bit for almost 1 year, I ...

MS Action Pack
I'm installing CRM from an Microsoft Action Pack subscription CD and I get an error entering the Organization Name and License Key. It says I can't use commas in my Organization name. Since I'm Organization, LLC - I tried with and without the commas. Neither works. Anybody else run into same problem? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net ...

Blue Screen: A thread tried to release a resource it Did Not Own in function CreateFileMapping called
Hi I am my driver virtual filesystem. When I open a file from the virtual drive filesystem is ok for reading file. By cons when I have a blue screen when i call the CreateFileMapping on my handle file opened on my virtual drive filesystem. NTSTATUS DrvDispatch ( IN PDEVICE_OBJECT DeviceObject, IN PIRP Irp ) { PIO_STACK_LOCATION irps; NTSTATUS status=STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED; KdPrintf(("[VFUM] control\n")); irps = IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation(Irp); if (irps!=NULL) { KdPrintf(("[VFUM] vfums_control : Device:%x Majorfunction %d ir...

'Save as' and 'Run' installer files
Hi Everyone: 1. When I am given the option for a file to 'save as' or 'run,' I should always choose to 'save as' in my desktop since it will download faster and so I can check for viruses before running it-Correct? 2. If I 'do' choose to 'run' it, does it 'save' the file or does it just' run' it one time and I will have to 'save as' the next time I want to view the file? 3. If I do select 'save as' an installer file and then 'delete' the desktop file, is the file still installed? In other words, ...

Installer
After a re-install of MSOffice XP, every time I open Outlook, the Installer window opens and it seems to be installing something, then it goes away. This is an annoyance more than anything. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it please? Thanks Ann ...

IE8.0 installation issue
(1) I have seperate copies of IE8.0 and Microsoft Malicious software removal tool. When installing IE8.0 the installation is again prompting to download Microsoft Malicious software removal tool, a copy of which anyway I already have. Is there any way to point out the IE 8.0 installation to Microsoft Malicious software removal tool path. (2) I already use IE6.0 windows xp sp2 version. Is there any performance criteria for me to choose IE8.0 over IE6.0? Hope to get your replies and Thanking you, Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN. If youre installing IE8 correctly & the rig...

Blue Cells
I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After doing a few forms I have been geting light blue cells appearing whenever I click on those cells. The same thing happens when I click on a row. I cannot find a way of stopping these appearing. This is quite normal and happens, when you select more then one cell (a range) all cells within that range, also bordered by a thick line, "turn blue". This phenomen disappears when you select a single cell. -- Felix "ptg23963" wrote: > I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After do...