Blocking email address

we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so
that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to
acheive this?
0
Andy1200 (318)

Install an antispam service.  Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so
> that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how
> acheive this?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/2/2006 12:47:10 AM
Yup. If you get an antispam solution, find one that allows blacklisting (and
whitelisting) of email addresses and domains.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Install an antispam service.  Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so
>> that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how
>> acheive this?

0
exchangemvp (657)
11/2/2006 3:47:20 AM
In ESM, Global Settings, Message Delivery properties, Sender Filtering.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-Ins.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org
0
kpalagin (1838)
11/2/2006 10:13:53 AM
On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:13:53 +0300, Kirill Palagin
<kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote:

>In ESM, Global Settings, Message Delivery properties, Sender Filtering.

and be sure to apply to the smtp virtual server afterwards! :)

>ANDY wrote:
>> we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so
>> that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to
>> acheive this?
0
adavid (8731)
11/2/2006 2:29:55 PM
How to apply this filter to the SMTP virtual server. Could you please explain
me this once again.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:13:53 +0300, Kirill Palagin
> <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote:
>
> >In ESM, Global Settings, Message Delivery properties, Sender Filtering.
>
> and be sure to apply to the smtp virtual server afterwards! :)
>

> >ANDY wrote:
> >> we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so
> >> that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to
> >> acheive this?

0
Andy1200 (318)
11/2/2006 5:48:02 PM
On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:48:02 -0800, ANDY
<ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How to apply this filter to the SMTP virtual server. Could you please explain
>me this once again.

Properties of the VS.
Advanced button under the General tab.
Edit the ip address
Check the box.
You may need to restart SMTP.

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:13:53 +0300, Kirill Palagin
>> <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote:
>>
>> >In ESM, Global Settings, Message Delivery properties, Sender Filtering.
>>
>> and be sure to apply to the smtp virtual server afterwards! :)

0
adavid (8731)

Get cell address from macro function argument
Is it possible to know the address of the cell that is passed as argument to a macro function? I want to know this to compare to the cell next to the one passed to the function. Yes: Function qwerty(r As Range) As Integer MsgBox (r.Offset(0, 1).Address) qwerty = 0 End Function -- Gary's Student "oscar" wrote: > Is it possible to know the address of the cell that is passed as argument to > a macro function? I want to know this to compare to the cell next to the one > passed to the function. Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to use that macro in the f...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Fowarding email
I want to know if I can foward email to my pager and exclude the header information such as From,To,Date. I just want to sent the lower message part only You might want to check the following article for a list of addins that might do what you're asking: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03b201c3d3c9$39be5cd0$a101280a@phx.gbl, NJCOP wrote: > I want to know if I can foward email to my pager and &g...

Restricting outbound email
I have some security concerns of people internal to my network emailing senstive files out side of the company. I would like to be able to manage what comes in, but just as importantly what goes what. Does anyone know if Exchange has any built in outgoing filter functionality or some way to achieve this. On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:05:07 -0700, mclarence <mclarence@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >I have some security concerns of people internal to my network emailing >senstive files out side of the company. I would like to be able to manage >what...

Printing email #2
I'm using Outlook 2003 and still can't find a way to print just the first page of an email. Am I missing something? I searched past messages and all I learned is that people have been begging for this capability for a long time--makes me wonder whether the people who design this software actually use it. ...

A bad email stops Outlook from receiving emails.
My Outlook 2000 throws an error message 2-3 times a weeek that it cannot connect to the server... When I look at my mailbox in Exchange2000 server (using OWA), I see my mails waiting there. But I see one email that has no To: or From: information, everything is just empty. As soon as I manually delete this email from my mailbox, I can download rest to my Outlook fine. How can I stop this blank emails? How can a blank email causing me to stop receiving emails? Any ideas? Thanks in advance... Can you open the message and check the headers if you open the mailbox directly (no POP)? TW Ne...

The email connector and IE5.5?
The Implementation Guide (page 123) states that IE5.5 is required on the exchange server to have the email router working. But on our implementation this was not true, only after installing IE6.0 the router started to work.. Is this by design? is this a typo in the documentation? anyway spent enough time on it. Stef van Hooijdonk ...................................................................... Tam Tam Business Solutions driven by reality Mercuriusweg 1a 2624 BC Delft t 015-750 20 00 (algemeen) e stef.van.hooijdonk@tamtam.nl f 015-750 20 20 w http://www.tamtam.nl b http:...

Duplicate emails being sent #3
Oftentimes, when I send ansd email with a distribution of more than a couple addressees, the recipients receive several or more duplicates. I use Outlook 2000 in conjunction with my ISP - Netzero. How can I run a repair on Outlook? What antivirus are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Skip <skipdix@netzero.net> asked: | Oftentimes, when I send ansd email with a distribution of | more than a couple addressees, the recipients receive | several or more du...

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

email router setup 2
The previous thread seems to have a problem, so I'm posting this again: We have successfully installed CRM, changed the Crystal password, and moved on to the email router. We enter the server name and URL, but keep getting the message "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrative privlidges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again." a) we only have one server b) we gave permissions to all the Administrator logins and groups that we can see. c) when we browse to the URL we have to ...

Import email
I hope someone can help me. I have changed laptop, on the old one I was running outlook 6 and the new one Outlook XP (which came with office xp pro). I wish to copy the email folders (Inbox, sent, etc.) from Outlook 6 to Oultlook XP. I also need to copy the address book. If someone knows how to do it, please let me know. Sincerely, Simon File->Import and Export. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After...

How to use SFO to create Appointments/Tasks/Emails for a CASE
Is there a way to use SFO's buttons for CRM Appointment/Task/Email's and link them to an existing CASE using the Regarding button? No, this is only possible in the web client. This capability will be added in MSCRM 2005. -- Alex Simons Director of Program Management Microsoft CRM ------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Sam Marashi" <Sam Marashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Emails still stuck in Outbox Outlook 2007 SP2
Emails still keep getting stuck in the Outbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. When is Microsoft ever going to fix this bug? In the past I've always heard it blamed on plug-ins but my install is very clean (minimal software installed on this computer). If I exit Outlook completely and then restart, then the email will send. I'm using an IMAP account. If there is some interaction with some stealthy plug-in causing this, then Microsoft should be able to issue a patch to detect proper use/timing of the send queue... at least display an error or something. "scorpionleather" ...

When i read an email in outlook, why will it not show as read?
Depends on how you configured Outlook to mark messages as read in the preview pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bingobones asked: >-----Original Message----- > >. >You have to configure this. In Outlook, go to Tools, click Options, then click the Reading tab. Click on the box that says "Tell me when all messages have been ...

email server 05-27-10
how do i find out what my email server is It's usually what is after the @ sign in your address. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kyle valle" <kyle valle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19102D3B-F4DF-4BD1-8C02-451F80E8030D@microsoft.com... > how do i find out what my email server is Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail...

Ship to address
In POP the ship to address does not default into the Purchase Order. I can expand the item and insert an ID, but I would like to have it default from the Vendor. The PO's that are generated from Manufacturing orders have the ship to address printed on the PO automatically. I have the Sites linked to the appropriate address. What am I missing? -- Karla R Karla, I am not well versed with the functionality, but considering your query, I doubt whether you can default it from Vendor. Ship To Address ID for a PO Line Item is nothing but the Site Address to which this Item is going t...

Lost emails #3
I converted to Outlook 2003 through an Exchange Server yesterday. Everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden last night all emails in my Inbox were gone. This also happened to the other employee we upgraded to 2003. Everyone on Outlook 2002 did not lose any emails. I've tried to do a find, with no luck. Has this happened to anyone else? Where did they go? Can we get them back? Is there a setting that needs to be changed in order for this not to occur again? Thanks for your help. Check View | Arrange By | Current View - is there a special view set (such as Unread Me...

CRM Queue Repeating emails
I have an issue with an CRM Queue that has been setup to convert emails to Activities. The queue itself receives the emails and converts them to activities without any issues. The issue is with the activities being duplicated (even once the original activity is deleted). It looks as though the CRM Exchange router is not flagging the message as being converted and reconverting everytime it checks the mailbox for the user. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003: can't forward email to external email address

can't send emails 06-05-10
The connection to the server has failed. Subject '10 Golden Pine - amendment to change closing date', Account: 'EMC', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E That server can't handle port 465. Try changing the incoming port to = 110. If no improvement, change to the AT&T/Yahoo settings given here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Patsy" wrote in message = news:77E030CE-B95C-4D4C-BDA6-76EFA0...

email problems #5
I was told that in order for my email to function better, I should "delete cookies" and "delete files". How? What email program? To delete cookies and temporary Internet files: open Internet Explorer, Tools, Options, general tab and delete them there. "LB" wrote: > I was told that in order for my email to function better, I should "delete > cookies" and "delete files". How? LB <LB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was told that in order for my email to function better, I should > "delete cookies" and &qu...

migrated emails are not stamped with user email addresses
We are migrating users and mailboxes from 2000 A/D and Exchange to 2003. It appears that when we migrate a mailbox and then try to reply to messages the messages are failing because there are no email addresses stamped in the reply address properties (E-mail Addresses tab when you select props of the reply address) We can reply to messages that arrive after migration. The user account has the correct email addresses in the AD properties. Any ideas? On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 13:22:00 -0700, TLMPLHou66 <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote: >We are migrating users and mailboxes from 2000 A/D a...

Line 163 Excel Address Template
I am in the process of creating an Address list to be used for a mail merge in the future. The template begins as I expect, with odd numbered rows being shaded blue and even numbered rows with no color. At line 163, the alternating row color stops. All rows are white (no fill). I've tried a number of formatting fixes, but nothing works. I even tried to start the sheet over. Again, alternating color stops at Line 163. How do I continue the alternating color of rows for the rest of my sheet? My thanks. P. S. Hope I've explained this properly. -- mtnrider Try this S...

Create Name with outside email address that will appear in Global Address list
How do I create a name with outside email address that will appear in Global Address list? I'm running Exchange 2003. I've created a test contact through AD and given it an smtp address. But I cannot see it in my Uutlook when I create a new message and look for the name in my Global Address list. All I want is to pull a name off of my Global Address list that will go to an outside email address. The person works from home and uses a dial-up ISP email account. Thanks, Eric What you have done is the correct method and will work as long as the Global Addres List Filter includes conta...