Blocking e-mail for old accounts

When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from going
to that account?  If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in that
account does it have to be active?

Thanks

0
ayzen1 (14)

Depends, and Yes.
"microsoft" <ayzen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from
going
> to that account?  If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in that
> account does it have to be active?
>
> Thanks

0
Jor
1/17/2004 6:21:59 AM
You have a few options. If you leave the account on the server, but hide it
from the address book, you can select an alternate recipient for this
mailbox, set an Outlook Out Of Office Assistant rule to send a reply to all
incoming msgs or set the Delivery Restrictions to Accept From- List and put
nothing in the list. [Exchange 5.5]

--

Julian Milano

"Jor" <bjorgenson(At)charter(dot)net> wrote in message
> Depends, and Yes.
> "microsoft" <ayzen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from
> going
> > to that account?  If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in
that
> > account does it have to be active?
> >
> > Thanks

If you disable an Active Directory account that has a mailbox, that does
not disable the mailbox - new mail will continue to be delivered to it.

If you want to view the e-mail in that account, you can go to the
properties of the disable user, go to the Exchange Advanced tab (View,
Advanced Features must be checked), go into Mailbox Rights and grant
another account Full Mailbox Access. Now the other account can open the
mailbox.

If you do not want the mailbox to receive email any more, you must either
remove all email addresses from it or choose to Delete the mailbox in
Exchange Tasks for that user account.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

>Depends, and Yes.
>"microsoft" <ayzen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from
>going
>> to that account?  If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in
that
>> account does it have to be active?
>>
>> Thanks

0
rroddy (682)

how transfer assets and cost info from one investment account to a
I'm transfering all my cash and stock from TD Ameritrade accounts to Schwab accounts. There are three accounts being transferred: non-retirement or brokerage, IRA, and IRA rollover. It's easy enough to fill out the forms and have all the assets removed from TD Ameritrade and roll in to the Schwab accounts. But how do I get the cost info to go with them into Schwab? BTW, these are not new Schwab accounts. I am adding the TD Ameritrade assets to existing Schwab accounts. MS Money '07 Deluxe on Windows 64 Vista. TIA!!! In microsoft.public.money, angela g wrote: >I'm ...

Add SafePay footer record for date and account number
Union Bank of California has a Positive Pay format that requests a footer record for each day and account number. So if you transmit checks issued on two dates for a single account, the SafePay file would have two footer records--one for each date. Currently, I am only able to create a footer by account, totalling all checks issued for that account (regardless of date), and attributing that total to the Issue Date in the footer record. Union Bank reads the issue date on the footer, and sees that the checks issued on that date do not match the footer total, causing them to consider th...

Amex/Costco account update not working
Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since the upgrade. Andrew, Downloads from Amex/Costco work fine here. Explain what "issues" are you experiencing? Kevin "Andrew" <justme@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:42efdc69_1@newsfeed.slurp.net... > Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account > in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since > the upgrade. > > Kevin, I had problems wi...

duplicate contacts and e mail
I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts. Is there a free duplicate e mail remover? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

Troubleshooting external -> My company e-mail
A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address mymail@myfamilydomain.com to his company mailbox. He claims that all e-mails sent from that domain does not get delivered. As far as I know the Exchange AV is not configured to block 'myfamilydomain.com'. I look the logs of the Exchange AV and see no reports there of quarantine messages related to @familydomain.com. What else could I do troubleshoot this type of scenario ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address >mym...

No New Mail
HI All Can anyone help me I have a number of users that are experiencing a problem. The problem is that a new mail icon will appear in their task bar but when they open outlook there is no message in there inbox. Has anyone seen this before? We are running a Exchange 2003. Please Help. Thanks Does the message gets deleted by a rule or the server by te anti-virus/spam software? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Stuart Hagon" <anonymous@discuss...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account. <br><br>I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and restarted...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Allow Account Description changes in "Mass Modify" screen
In the "Mass Modify" screen of Account Maintenance "Cards", there should be a selection for Description changes. Some of our Accounts have 45-50 account combinations. If an account needs to be renamed, I have to go into each card to update. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Creating Accounts under Windows Mail
I'm using Vista sp2 home premium . I just done a restore back to factory setting and I just now down all the Windows Updates . I am trying to create accounts under Windows Mail ... I am able to enter all the correct data for the account , /serve /pop/smtp/password ... Everything is good in that sense of it but once I finish creating account it does not appear within the program ( Windows Mail ) I don't see any folder for it . Is there some sore of setting that I need to correct ? More or less how does one see their email accounts under Windows Mail ? PS : These email ...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...

creating a new account #2
hi, i was lookin to create a new email address for my company ie.. stev@companyname.com , there are already addresses from the older members of the company, and i have to delete a few that have left. Would you have any idea how to create an email address and then set up a mailbox in outlook and delete or edit existing addresses, it is all on a server aswell. Thanks , Stephen Is this an Exchange server, if so what version of Exchange "stev" <stev81@talk21.com> wrote in message news:2438101c45f4c$f0672020$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hi, i was lookin to create a new email ad...

several e-mail accounts not shown in expanded
Hi, I have three e-mail accounts n outlook. Whenever I open outlook these accounts are not expanded i.e. the folders under it are not shown and everytime I need to push the plus sign on the left. Is there a way to make outlook expend the e-mail folder view automatically? exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have three e-mail accounts n outlook. > Whenever I open outlook these accounts > are not expanded i.e. the folders under it are not shown > and everytime I need to push the plus sign on the left. Don't confuse "account" and "Personal Folders&quo...

Combining VISIO files with mail merged Word document
I am trying to create a composite document that has four pages. The first page is a VISIO (2003 Professional) file that contains several pictures and a converted AutoCAD (R14) drawing file. The following three pages are a Word merged file created from an Access database. I would like to be able to have a combined file for for hard copy reproduction. This particular document has 220 reports that all have the same basic format. I have tried exporting various file types (tif, jpg, wmf, bmp, etc.) from VISIO, then inserting into Word as picture or object and most are unacceptable quali...

Junk mail sender list
I have a strange problem with my sender list. All the emails from one of my co-worker always go to junk mail folder and I've checked the junk mail sender list and adult list, his email address is not found. What could this be? Thanks Sarah If you're using Outlook 2002 or earlier, try checking the Filters.txt file -- it's a readme file that tells you what Outlook looks for in a message to determine whether or not it's junk. You can't change the file's contents, but it may give you a clue. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wi...

Printing e-newsletter from Outlook
I've created a two-page e-newsletter using the tips provided here ... thank you to Don Schmidt... But now that I've tested sent it in e-mail I've discouvered two things. One it doesn't always like to print the graphics - I'm using a lot of graphs - and prints the text without formatting. Two when it does print page one (the way it looks in publisher) then it won't print the second page at all. The printer just spits out an empty page. Befor anyone asks.... why do you want to print it anyway? This is an update of business performance that opens up conversati...

storing e-mail on computer and then accessing the e-mails without going through outlook
Hi there, Our e-mail comes in on a pop3 server. My Boss wants to set it up so that we put a copy of all of his client e-mail folders on our backup drive so that I can access them if I need the information. I looked through outlook help (we have 2003) and saw some information on personal folders, but you need to view the messages in a .pst format through outlook, which is what we want to avoid. We want to be able to just see the e-mail in question and double click on it to view. In addition, he would like it so that everytime an e-mail is added to a folder it will automatically update on the ...

How do you e-mail a person when a case is assigned to a person.
In our case form we have a drop down box with some names put in. How would a person make an event that would be smart enough to know what name is being selected and then e-mailing that person so they know a case has been selected for them? Thanks in advanced! You may do the setting in work flow. Just create a rule to automatically send emails. "Admin Matt" wrote: > In our case form we have a drop down box with some names put in. How > would a person make an event that would be smart enough to know what > name is being selected and then e-mailing that person so they know...

Validation of currency for Bank GL accounts for Journals
100-1004-00 is a bank account - HSBC which is reserved for EUR... Firstly a GL Associated with the bank account should not be allowed to put a Journal entry. It should be allowed to get entries only in Bank voucher screen, where the validation of reserved currency is working fine. Yet now at present GP allows to put an entry for a Bank reserved for EUR in functional currency in my example INR. Since the Journal is allowing to put in functional currency, when you see the ledger of the bank 100-1004-00 which should contain originating currencies as EUR, it is showing both functional cur...

Yahoo Is Blocking My Email "Over Limit For Messages"
I am a Yahoo Mail Plus customer which enables me to send emails through an external email client using my yahoo email address. I usually only send 10 email a day, and am using Pegasus as my external email client. But today after I send about a hundred emails I could not send further messages, and I got the message: "521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day." This also happened a few months ago. But even when I am blocked, surprisingly, if I then use Yahoo On The Web there is no such problem. Spoke to Ya...