Block some users from sending/receiving Internet email

We have just set up a new 2003 server with Exchange 2003 and imported
mailboxes using exmerge.  We want to limit which users can send and receive
internet email.  There are about 100 email accounts, but only 40 need to have
Internet email access.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
RogerL (8)

Create a group and add the users that shouldn't get internet email to the
group. Add the group to your internet connector restrictions.

Then read this
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/e2b98dfa-b919-4766-9724-19eb7f19d7cd.mspx?mfr=true

"RogerL" <RogerL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have just set up a new 2003 server with Exchange 2003 and imported
> mailboxes using exmerge.  We want to limit which users can send and
> receive
> internet email.  There are about 100 email accounts, but only 40 need to
> have
> Internet email access.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When he says "internet connector" he means "SMTP Connector".  If you don't
have one, create one and specify your SMTP virtual server to be used.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Jim Schwartz" <shamusnc@not.earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Create a group and add the users that shouldn't get internet email to the
> group. Add the group to your internet connector restrictions.
>
> Then read this
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/e2b98dfa-b919-4766-9724-19eb7f19d7cd.mspx?mfr=true
>
> "RogerL" <RogerL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We have just set up a new 2003 server with Exchange 2003 and imported
>> mailboxes using exmerge.  We want to limit which users can send and
>> receive
>> internet email.  There are about 100 email accounts, but only 40 need to
>> have
>> Internet email access.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Fowarding email
I want to know if I can foward email to my pager and exclude the header information such as From,To,Date. I just want to sent the lower message part only You might want to check the following article for a list of addins that might do what you're asking: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03b201c3d3c9$39be5cd0$a101280a@phx.gbl, NJCOP wrote: > I want to know if I can foward email to my pager and &g...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Lost emails #3
I converted to Outlook 2003 through an Exchange Server yesterday. Everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden last night all emails in my Inbox were gone. This also happened to the other employee we upgraded to 2003. Everyone on Outlook 2002 did not lose any emails. I've tried to do a find, with no luck. Has this happened to anyone else? Where did they go? Can we get them back? Is there a setting that needs to be changed in order for this not to occur again? Thanks for your help. Check View | Arrange By | Current View - is there a special view set (such as Unread Me...

Question for very smart Outlook users
Is there any way I can have Outlook e-mail my schedule (from the Outlook calendar) to an e-mail recepient automatically each day? Maybe, but that is the best answer you are going to get without posting some details, especially your Outlook version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, BPra666 asked: | Is there any way I can have Outlook e-mail my schedule ...

tracking user messages
Hi how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP connection through internet) thanks at all Try auditing successfull logon events then search the log for that account...if memory serves that will give you computer name and username. "Frédéric de Thysebaert" wrote: > Hi > how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending > message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP > connection through internet) > > th...

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

sending message
hi On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:22:29 -0000, "Muftah Thbut" <meftah.007@googlemail.com> wrote: >hi Muftah, if you're looking for a chat room, look elsewhere. This is a technical support newsgroup for Microsoft Access, a database program. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Quantity Received does not appear on Label
Is there any way or any add-ons that enables showing quantity on the label? It would be great help for us to track how many are sold instantly at the shelf. -- Many Thanks ...

Email slow to leave Outbox
Outlook XP connected thorugh a VPN to and Exchange server. Messages stay in Outbox for approximately 2 minutes before being sent. I tried selecting a different folder in Outlook and this does not help. I also tried dirrent user accounts and I get the same results. If you are attached via outlook on the same subnet you don't experience this problem. I tried booting the Server an that did no good. I checked the VPN and all seem good. I can ping I can net view the other exchange servers. I checked for any locked accounts. The mail goes it just takes awhile for it to leve the queue. Th...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

default value to be windowss user initials
what is the code to set a field value to the logged in user's initials? (the one I'm looking for is something stored in MS windows as part of the user's account -I think; not one associated with Access) thanks in advance, mark Here it is! Environ$("UserName") This command will return a string containing the Windows username. -- Yanick "Mark Kubicki" wrote: > what is the code to set a field value to the logged in user's initials? > (the one I'm looking for is something stored in MS windows as part of the > user's account -I think...

Business Portal
Does any one know of a library (.dll) for the business portal which exposes the option of adding new users and rights to the business portal. It seems there is a pretty intense set of sql work by the app when you add users to the portal and looks near impossible to recreate manually. Scenerio: We have about 100 users that need to be added to the business portal and want to be able to automate adding them to sharepoint services and the business portal via a .net programming language (c#). Also this would be used for automation as new employess come online. I'd be happy if the BP...

Is there any way to get OWA 2K3 to remember my domain\user name?
Is there any way to configure OWA so that after a user logins once, future use of OWA loads the same login in the Domain\User Name field? Right now , every time a user launches OWA, that user needs to enter both the user name and password. Is there no way to configure OWA to use a cookie or something to load the last used Domain\User Name? Thanks. Gus I believe that would be more a function of IE on each machine than of OWA. -- Matthew Tisdel South Carolina "Gus" wrote: > Is there any way to configure OWA so that after a user logins once, > future use of OWA loads the s...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

can i send a weekly calender to others?
I want to send a weekly calender to my collegues. How do i do this?? What version of Outlook? Do you want to send them a calendar they can open in Outlook or will a calendar in a word document do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do y...

Create appointments for another user
Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able to create a case for a CSR and if necessary, also create an appointment on his/ner calander. Thanks in advance. -Chris Chris, You can create the appointment or case, after you created it (for yourself) you can assign it to someone else or to a queue (if you have enough rights for it). The assign option should be in the action menu. Hope this helps, Rob Bakkers Avanade Netherlands "Chris Pelon" wrote: > Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able > to creat...

Change User Name Spellings
Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how? Thanks! You can change a user name at any time. You must log into GP as 'sa' and then go to Tools > Setup > System > User. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "create_share" <createshare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:273FF242-1960-4CD9-9FD5-FF91D4C9076D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how? > > Thanks! Are you talking about the publicly displayed user name or the ID the user ...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive errors
I continually get the following error message. Task 'Bill - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It came up at least six times yesterday, and three times already today. This has been going on since I purchased my new computer and Office 2003 in January. I have checked with SBC, and they say my setup is okay. Since they accounts do work most of the time, this seems logical. I have t...

RECEIVABLES Help!!!
I am using GP 7.5 and entering my sales in rec mgmt. However, I am unable to balance because of my over/short amounts with my cash. Can someone tell me what my entry should look like with over/shortages. Some have told me that it is a receivable but we report it as an operating expense and it is not working for me. Sales - Cash SALES CR 98 Deposit-Over/Short 2 Cash CASH DR 100 What type of acct would it be?? ANy input would be appreciated. Please we are stuck!! Thanks Barb Barb, Just to make sure I unde...

Install screen when sending emails
I have a user who gets an MS Office installation popup when trying to send messages or reply. I don't have a CD to use to let it install whatever components it's trying to install. Anyone know why this would popup when everything appears to be working just fine otherwise? Where is the CD? Is this a network installation? If it is asking for the CD, you must insert it when required. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head...

User Groups & Permissions
I have a database that has several users. I did ok setting up admin rights for a couple users, but the rest of the users I am having a problem. It is the create table query that runs reports that is giving me a hard time. I do not want my general users to be able to modify Forms, Queries, Reports & Macros. But they need to be able to run these make table queries. Does this make sense? I tried full permission, but the users can get in and edit forms. Is this something simple that I cannot find? Thanks as always. In most cases you'd want your users to be running the MDE fo...

Export to Excel no data to certain users
When I export any adv find results to a dynamic worksheet a particular user cannot get refreshed data when accessing the Excel file. This is not machine dependent. It also appears to be independent from his access to the recors since he can access the records in the queries. In fact, he owns all the records in one particular query. He is a member of the same teams & roles as others who can access the same data. I'm thinking its a SQL access issue. Are there special security settings associated with dyanmically linked worksheets? I figured this out. The affected users'...

Send/Receive #12
Get error message: "Operation failed. An object could not be found." Help! That usually means address book problems... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search...