block messages

Hi all,
can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector.
I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user)
I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific
mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work.

Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3

Thanks
Marek

0
neco (3)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector.
>I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user)
>I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific
>mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work.
>
>Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3
>
>Thanks
>Marek

You can filer and turf messages on the IMS, not the connector.
0
adavid (8731)
3/22/2006 2:20:32 PM
OK, but we aren't using Internet Mail Service, I can't find that object in
Exch. manager only i can create new one. Should I create one to make this
restriction?

What is the use of  "Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from
specific mailbox" ?

Thanks

Marek

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> p�se v diskusn�m
pr�spevku news:n8n222lc7dfhcb52o57c9ijgmvdrv3fdpa@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400
>>Connector.
>>I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user)
>>I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific
>>mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work.
>>
>>Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3
>>
>>Thanks
>>Marek
>>

> You can filer and turf messages on the IMS, not the connector.

0
neco (3)

Exchange web access does not poll messages until.
Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it does not poll from our pop accounts. by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003. Thanks guys Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former, the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very efficiently (without someone who is...

Rules: messages from people in distribution list
Is there any way to create a rule that recognizes e-mails sent from people IN a distribution list? As opposed to e-mails sent to a distribution list. Thanks, CJ > Is there any way to create a rule that recognizes e-mails sent from > people IN a distribution list? As opposed to e-mails sent to a > distribution list. Yes. Just create the rule under Tools - Rules and Alerts and specify messages from the DL. It used to work, I assume it still does. -- -f.h. F.H. Muffman wrote: > Yes. Just create the rule under Tools - Rules and Alerts and specify > messages from the ...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Recover lost messages in send receive
I had a user logon to exchange this moring via a pop account. His send / receive window said downloading message 1 of 160. He left this running and returned later to find the process had completed, I am told there were no error messages, but there is no sign of the messages at the client. Also the messages have been cleared from his exchange inbox. Is there any way of recovering / undelete'ing messages pop'ed from exchange ? Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had a user logon to exchange this moring via a pop account. His send / >receive window said dow...

Macro to add text to a Message
Hi all, Although I have used VBA in Excel, I have never used it in Outlook. Using Outlook 2007, What I would like to do seems simple enough but I have no clue how to do it. All I want to do is add text to the body of a message. I thought something like this would work but I get the error message "Sub of Function not defined". I know I'm missing an event or something but I'm not sure. Can someone please help? Sub APPRVL_REQ_TEXT() Dim Aprvl_Text As String Aprvl_Text = "Your approval is requested for the following contract renewals. Please a...

Can't install update KB9532957...see below message for particulars
I STILL can't install: Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows XP (etc) and Windows Server 2008 R2 ( KB953297 ) More and more system blocks and failures are occuring... PLEASE HELP !!! Many thanks in advance! See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support c...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

tracking user messages
Hi how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP connection through internet) thanks at all Try auditing successfull logon events then search the log for that account...if memory serves that will give you computer name and username. "Frédéric de Thysebaert" wrote: > Hi > how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending > message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP > connection through internet) > > th...

moving old OE messages/folders into new computer
I'm trying to move or copy messages, nicely organized and residing in several inbox/sent subfolders from OE v6 in my old computer to OE v6 in my new computer. Also trying to move address book/contacts. I have tried usb cable transfer, net-working, even putting the old hard drive in the new machine; nothing works. The OE v6 in my new computer will not see any of this stuff or recognize formats. Any thoughts? Thanks Bud Calloway bud@nstarplanes.com FLL, FL For OE info see here http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ or an OE ng not OL, completely different app. "bud calloway" &...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Incoming Outlook messages
When I receive a message in Outlook, the name of the sender is listed wrong. The person to whom the e-mail is sent is listed, so sometimes it is me and sometimes it is the other people who are cc'ed. How do I correct this? Why do you think Outlook is doing this? What you see on received messages is controlled by the sender not the recipient. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine "haakon" <haakon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DF08CEE-B4FB-42E6-8877-9D0F1AAACD53@microsoft.com... > When I receive a message in Outlook, the name of the ...

sending message
hi On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:22:29 -0000, "Muftah Thbut" <meftah.007@googlemail.com> wrote: >hi Muftah, if you're looking for a chat room, look elsewhere. This is a technical support newsgroup for Microsoft Access, a database program. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Out of Office message #6
Ok, I am confused. I turn on my out of office in outlook 2003 (running exchange 2003). It seems to work ok. I close outlook and reopen it, I get the message saying out of office is on, would you like to turn it off, I say no, don't turn it off. I log off, then log back on, open up outlook, but do not get the warning that out of office is on, until I select tools out of office assistant. Then the out of office screen comes up saying out of office is on.... How do I make it automatically come up? When you closed Outlook did you verify that the outlook.exe process indeed stopped?...

stop email message farwarding
Is there a way to prevent receipients from forwarding messages that are sent to them? Thanks, Todd ONly if you and the recipients are using Outlook 2003 and implemente Rights Management. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Todd" <todd.mickelsen@smr.tv> wrote in message news:027b01c3bf66$9ab70180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to prevent receipients from forwarding > messages that are sent to them? > Thanks, > Todd ...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

Utilities Error message
I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008). I copied the Dynamics database as well as 1 of our company data bases. I installed GP and then ran the SP4 Service pack. However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP." I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVIT...

Error Message Box
All, How to me excel to give an error message on a conditional format?Like for example if a cell is greater than 365 besides giving a red background as it is conditional formatted, it also should shoot an error message in the screen saying for instance "over 365 dyas" or something. Your help is appreciated. Thanks. CF cannot give you messages, only change formatting. To have the message shown you would need a formula in an adjacent cell. Assume A1 is to be red...........in B1 enter =IF(A1>365,"A1 has exceeded 365 days") Alternative would be to use VBA event code...

Outlook Attachments In Message Header
Outlook 2000, Windows XP, Explorer 7.0: How do I get file atatchments to show up in the message header (just like Outlook Express)? I've tried all the text formats; HTML, Rich, and Plain Text. I've tested it a number of time with various file types: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. The file attachments always show up in the body of the outgoing message or in a separate window below the body of the email. Thanks outlook 2000 does not support showing the attachments in the header field. you'll need to upgrade to the current versions if you need to see them in the header. -- Diane ...

Get Error message when using backup utility
I have been using the utility with no issues for months. Now when I do a backup I get an error message that the files can't be copied because they are locked by some other process. Anyone have any ideas? ...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

Deleting message from OWA
Hi, Is there a way to delete a whole chunk of message from OWA ? instead of page by page. Got this account which always has load of junk and I did a search for expected items with the rest of message which I would removed. Is there a way to remove message. At present, I moved the wanted messsage to another folder and delete the rest page by page which take forevers (if you know the number of message involved is about 6,000 per day and there is only 25 message per page). Don't seems to be able to increase number of message display each page or anything which will help to speed up t...