Block HTML Formatting?

I have a web-based app that accepts emails sent to it by Exchange
users.  I'd like to have Exchange format those emails so that if my
users send mail with HTML formatting in the email the emails will be
converted to plain text before being forwarded to my app server.  Is
that possible in Exchange?

rickKasten@gmail.com (DrStrangepork) wrote in

> I have a web-based app that accepts emails sent to it by Exchange
> users.  I'd like to have Exchange format those emails so that if my
> users send mail with HTML formatting in the email the emails will be
> converted to plain text before being forwarded to my app server.  Is
> that possible in Exchange?

I would expect an event sink could do this. It is beyond my abilities
however...

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. Write a program that runs on Exchange that can strip the HTML, like an Event Sink
2. Handle that on your App Server end.

Are you using .Net or Java on your App server. If it is Java, striping body part is very easy
using JavaMail API. I am not sure how good the mail API is on .NET.

BJ

DrStrangepork wrote:

> I have a web-based app that accepts emails sent to it by Exchange
> users.  I'd like to have Exchange format those emails so that if my
> users send mail with HTML formatting in the email the emails will be
> converted to plain text before being forwarded to my app server.  Is
> that possible in Exchange?

0
jb8653 (12)
9/20/2004 10:16:11 PM
I've tried writing sink events before on the IIS SMTP server, and I
couldn't ever get it to work.  The app server is running Linux, so I
don't know if that helps any...

BJ <jb@asdff.com> wrote in message news:<#wyhE#1nEHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> There are two solutions:
>
> 1. Write a program that runs on Exchange that can strip the HTML, like an Event Sink
> 2. Handle that on your App Server end.
>
> Are you using .Net or Java on your App server. If it is Java, striping body part is very easy
> using JavaMail API. I am not sure how good the mail API is on .NET.

Zip Code formatting problem
Using Excel 2003. I am copying/pasting data from one excel spreadsheet to another - each have name/address/zip code field. Here's the problem - I have formatted the current spreadsheet to the zip code format for the entire zip code column, but when I copy/paste the data from my other spreadsheet into the current one, it is showing the zip code field as text formatted. I went into the original spreadsheet and changed the formatting on that entire column to be zip code prior to copy/paste into the new one. Why won't the format change from text to zip code? On Wed, 2 D...

Business Portal 3.0
Hi Our Business portal is hosted in US along with GP 9.0 and SQL 2005. The regional setting of BP server and GP / SQL Boxes are US Time settings (mm/dd/yyyy). However we have users spead across the world and they log into Business portal. We have opened the BP on extranet. The users are complaining about the date format of Project timesheet entry piece. Especially for users else where 9/11 means November 11th and not Sepetember 9th. How do we fix this issue, keeping mind we have users in US too, using business Portal. In other words users in US would like to see US date format and internat...

Is there a way to see if a message is html?
I would like to "find" (maybe with advance filter? or maybe "rules") to find messages with HTML content. This would usually be when emails are in a certain filter, but... Any methods might help Thanks Brucej ...

BLocked attachments #11
OUtlook 2003 is blocking attachments that I want to recieve. How do I change that setting or where is Outlook sending the attachments? Thanks Cap't Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OUtlook 2003 is blocking attachments that I want to > recieve. How do I change that setting or where is Outlook > sending the attachments? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index.asp ...

Conditional Formating #19
Here is what I want to accomplish: IF cell value = Expert copy row to sheet 2 IF cell value = Equipment copy row to sheet 3 Is this possible? Thanks! Not via conditional formatting. You could use a worksheet_change event but it would need considerably more information and not inconsiderable code -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Craley76" <Craley76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99D2CD76-FCDB-4833-BA87-5216F4463BED@microsoft.com... > Here is what I want to accomplish: > >...

HTML Help Redistribution
Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? "Ian Semmel" <anyone@rocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:%23yvQkPhsIHA.4840@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files > can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in > htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? I believe every version of Windows since Windows 95 has included the HTML help engine....

FORMAT NOT DATE
When I type 2/20 into a cell, I do NOT want it displayed as Feb. 20; rather, I want to se 2/20... exactly how I typed it. How do I format the cell(s) for this to happen? thanks, larry Hi Larry Preformat at Text, or enter an apostrophe first: '2/20 Both will result in a text, the cell value will NOT be 0.1 or anything useful for calculations. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:96b901c3ea56$58095700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I type 2/20 into a cell, I do NOT want it displayed > as ...

How can I block email spoofing our domain?
We are getting emails immitating our domain to our domain. They look internal, but their being mailed from the outside. Example: From: fakeadmin@ourdomain.com to correct@ourdomain.com How can I make sure the external emails with our domain are not allowed in from the outside. I do not want people think they are getting an email from admin@ourdomain.com Thanks, vex Hello I don’t think is there is any solution for spoofing Anyway if you find one please post; I am sure you make some people happy… Regards, Shai Netanel -- "CB" wrote: > We are g...

publisher document to pdf format without horizontal lines
I created a map with text boxes, and pictures and use Print to pdf to create an unalterable map for general users. However, when I do this there are multiple orizontal grey lines on the pdf output. How do I save a publisher document as a pdf document without these lines? Are you printing to Acrobat or some other PDF printer? If you print your publication to a regular printer, does the output have the lines? Can you send the file to me? I will test your file to see if I get the same result. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Formatting a Text Box in Excel 2000
I have an Excel spreadsheet here that has a text box placed in it. On my PC, I can right-click on the text box, go to "Format Text Box" and receive the 8 tabs that I should see in this window. However, when the user (who is the owner of this spreadsheet) goes into the same sheet, right-clicks on the text box and chooses "Format Text Box" she only receives one tab in the Format Text Box window (Font). Does anyone out there have any idea why this would be doing this to her and not to me? We have the same image on our PCs, meaning that the software is setup the sam...

Conditional formats unexpectedly changing
I think we may have discovered a rare anomaly or program bug in Excel 2007. If we create a conditional format that includes a custom format and then delete another (totally different) custom format, the custom format assigned to the conditional format will change. The change usually represents a shift to one of the custom formats that was next to the deleted format. Does anyone have information on this anomaly? Can you give details of the data and the formatting? Is it 2007 or an earlier version? -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...

Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded?
Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded? I've made a RealTime Communication program. It use a rtcdll.dll. I made this program in the format of ActiveX controller and put it in a HTML page. But the ActiveX controller can't run on a machine without registered rtcdll.dll. How can I integrate the rtcdll.dll with the ActiveX controller so that it can be downloaded with the ActiveX controller and be registered in web browsers' computer automatically? Another way is to make a CAB? Where can I get tools ...

What file format to use?
I have a program that manages "notebooks". Imagine these notebooks to be like the 3 ring binders you would use for school or work to keep your paperwork in. The UI has a combobox to list existing notebooks, a listview to list each section and page of each notebook and a pane for the pages content and attachments like images or mp3 files. It is similar to One Note 2007 or 2010. The One Note mobile on my WM6.5 smartphone would be ok, but it is severely limited and I need to create my own notebook manager. The program has the following requirements for notebook storage: ...

Programmable Data Entry & Conditional Formatting
I work as a volunteer for the British Red Cross, I am currently working on developing a Public Events Database for my local office, I have started off using a base that another volunteer built for a different office but it needs to be customised to the needs of the office i am working for, I have done a bit of customiation on it already using my existing skills in regards to access but there are a few things i want to do with the database which i do not know how to do just yet which i will list below. 1. in the Volunteers Form theres a list of 23 certificates a volunteer can h...

Color of HTML Signature not showing
Hi all, Initially I have met with the foreign character problem in HTML signature. Read http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&mid=3bfc46ba-1209-4a53-94db-7bf489142281&sloc=en-us and the problem was solved.. by saving the HTML file in ANSI format. However, when the file is in ANSI format, the foreign character does not appear but the font, supposedly red, turned out black. when the file is saved in UTF-8, the color is correct, but with the foreign character appearing. Anybody to enlig...

HTML Print Previews
Is anyone aware of any add-on or shareware programs to enable print preview of HTML messages? TIA Rod. ...

Outlook blocking newsletterl graphics
Outlook 2003 When I get a newsletter sent to me there is a blank square where a picture shoud be with this note in it's upper left: "Right click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the internet." I don't need my privacy protected that much. How do I shut off that feature? Thanks in advance... Bob Rightclick a blocked picture and choose to change the settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 200...

MM from Word in HTML Format
I am using MS Office 2002. When I do a mail-merge from MS Word to email, it works fine as long as I use 'Plain Text' as the format. It accesses Outlook and sends the messages. However, if I use HTML format, it acts as though it is sending something, but the messages never get sent. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Brian, I seem to have the same problem in Offic 2003. When I do an email merge from Word, the screen flickers at the end but there is no record of the emails having been sent in Outlook, i.e., they are not in the Sent folder. I've tried looking around...

Using Dates in Conditional Formatting
How can I get the date in cells in column K to turn red if the dat entered is more than (ie later than - but not equal to) the dat already in column J ? AND If I do that, how can I total the red occurances at the end of colum K? TVM : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - select for example K1 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' and enter the following formula =K1>J1 to count these don't use the color (which is difficult for conditional format colors) but use a formula like 0SUMPRODUCT(--(K1:K50>J1:J50)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

IHTMLDocument + Block Pictures
Hello Everyone My aim is to block all pictures from IHTMLDocument. I get a IHTMLDocument on OnDocumentComplete Event,When I have a IHTMLDocument, I want to block or remove all images (img)from it and save the document to a file, Can anyone help me to achieve this functionality ? Any help appreciated! ...

conditional formatting & time stamp
Hello everybody this is my firs post and I do appreciate you help. I am trying to set up conditional formatting so that after the 5th of every month the cell�s text becomes red, regardless of month or year. I have bean able to set it up for a specific date mm/dd/yy but this unfortunately does not help in my particular instance. I need to some how specify to excel that neither the month nor the year are relevant only the day of the month. Also is there a way to time stamp the date you made an entry into a cell? For example I receive a check and input the check amount into the appropriate ce...

how to use time format to present negative value? ex. -00:42 min
-- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hass" <hass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A08944B1-907A-41C3-B142-E51B2D0AFE19@microsoft.com... > Tools/Options/Calculation, check the 1904 Date System checkbox. This isn't even funny anymore, there are so many people not bothering to add message body. Uurgh! "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message news:ujhVuWBRFHA.2964@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > > -- > Don Guillett > SalesAid Software > donaldb@281.com > "hass" <hass@discussions....

Conditional Format #13
I apoligize for the redundancy of this question, but all the post's have seen on this subject have not dealt with my particular problem. am attempting to build a monthly personal bill database that when manually entered bills due date in Column C is within 2 days of bein due turns yellow, and from the date due and beyond, turns red. I hav been able to extract the information from other post on how to do tha part (and I thank you too!), but the one part that I cannot figure ou is that I have a Bill paid column (column E) that I would like to hav refrenced that would override my existin...

HTML 4.01 / XHTML implementation of the DOM
Hi, got a few questions: - Does anyone know a HTML 4.01 / XHTML implementation of the DOM, or is only System.Xml (XML 1.0 and 2.0 only AFAIK) avaiable? - Any ideas if .NET 2.0 will have? Is it possible to "load" the DTD specification for HTML 4.01 / XHTML using the System.Xml namespace or am I just dreaming? Edgardo * Edgardo Rossetto wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >- Does anyone know a HTML 4.01 / XHTML implementation of the DOM, or is >only System.Xml (XML 1.0 and 2.0 only AFAIK) avaiable? XHTML 1.0/1.1/Basic/Print documents are required to be XML 1.0 documents...

formatting problem when printing entire workbook
Hi Everybody. I hope somebody can help me. I have a workbook with 6 sheets. When I print each sheet separately everything is fine. When I try to print entire workbook one of the pages is printed with very small font. Same if I just look into print preview. Separate, they apear fine - together that one page gets much smaller. Thanks for help Barbara ...