Blackberry enterprise Server #2

Does anyone know of a good source to learn setup and troubleshooting a
Blackberry Server and client?

Thanks
0
Jazzy (24)

- Blackberry docs are a good source.
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=1122673&objAction=browse&sort=name

- RIM also runs (or had one recently) workshop in many cities at an
excellent price - free.
http://www.blackberry.com/news/events/cwte/index.shtml

They also have archived webcasts on their website.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a good source to learn setup and troubleshooting a
> Blackberry Server and client?
>
> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/9/2005 8:38:16 PM
You can look at blackberry site documentation.  They have very detail
information regarding setup.  It is the same documentation that is included
with your cd package.

"jazzy" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good source to learn setup and troubleshooting a
> Blackberry Server and client?
>
> Thanks
0
JohnWong (6)
11/9/2005 8:44:47 PM
Free?  I see $299 for registration.

-GT
"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>- Blackberry docs are a good source.
> http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=1122673&objAction=browse&sort=name
>
> - RIM also runs (or had one recently) workshop in many cities at an
> excellent price - free.
> http://www.blackberry.com/news/events/cwte/index.shtml
>
> They also have archived webcasts on their website.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of a good source to learn setup and troubleshooting a
>> Blackberry Server and client?
>>
>> Thanks

0
GT
11/10/2005 2:09:35 AM
The one I attended was.... didn't see the price on this one... :)

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> Free?  I see $299 for registration.
>
> -GT
> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>>- Blackberry docs are a good source.
>> http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=1122673&objAction=browse&sort=name
>>
>> - RIM also runs (or had one recently) workshop in many cities at an
>> excellent price - free.
>> http://www.blackberry.com/news/events/cwte/index.shtml
>>
>> They also have archived webcasts on their website.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know of a good source to learn setup and troubleshooting a
>>> Blackberry Server and client?
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/10/2005 3:06:23 AM
yeah Blackberry docs are a good start but we've found that all their
information is scattered in various documents. and don't bother calling
tech support, they're worthless unless you have Tsupport 3 or higher -
it's all a scam for you to buy their super $$ tech support. anyway,
definately go with BES 4.0 w/ all the latest service packs. If your'e
working in a AD environment, the hardest thing about this setup is
getting the permissions right for the besadmin account, and don't
forget about getting the right cdo.dll file for the MAPI profile to
work.

0
sonphan (3)

Paste a formula with links #2
I have this problem with excel. Lets use this example below. I created a formula that uses the link of Sheet 1,Cell A2 if it does not equal 0 and I have to paste it across almost 100 cells but everytime I do a paste special, it keeps pasting the same formula. For instance: I want Sheet 2, Cell A2 to be the link of Sheet 1, Cell A2 and be blank if Sheet 1, Cell A2 is blank, like so (=IF(Sheet1!A$2="","",Sheet1!A$2)); however, for Sheet 2, Cell A3, I want the formula to be: (=IF(Sheet1!A$3="","",Sheet1!A$3)) but everytime I paste special the formula, ...

delegates #2
Is there a way to centrally manage or at least view the delegates users have added themselves through Outlook? Not that I am aware of. Dan wrote: > Is there a way to centrally manage or at least view the delegates users have > added themselves through Outlook? > > On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:08:05 -0400, "Dan" <moran_dan@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to centrally manage or at least view the delegates users have >added themselves through Outlook? > Do an LDAP search filtering on publicDelegates and publicdelegatesBL to view. ...

Syncing contacts with BlackBerry

Protect DPM 2007 Server with a DPM 2010 Server
Does anyone know if it is possible to (remote) protect a DPM 2007 Server with a DPM 2010 server? I tried but I cannot install the agent from the DPM 2010 server on the DPM 2007 server. I get the following error message: Install protection agent on SC-DPM.tss.nl failed: Error 274: Unable to configure security settings for SC-DPM2010 on the computer SC-DPM. Recommended action: Make sure that the user name and password you have provided has administrator privileges on the target computer. Of course I'm sure the account I am using has the right permissions. So my guess is tha...

Sort data to show in a series 1,2,3
We have a large worksheet used by many users that may have various filters on various columns at any given time. Column A contains data 0 thru 8. I need code to add to a macro that will sort the worksheet by the VISIBLE data in Col A as follows: 0 must always be at the top, then the first visible row with a 1 would be next, then the first visible row with a 2, then the next row a 1, then a 2, etc...the remaining rows with 3-8 may just show in ascending order all 3's, all 4's etc...so that column A will look like 0,0,0,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,....etc This would be a...

Exchange Server Recipient Limits
Hello group, We are currently running Exchange 2003 in mixed mode, and would like to limit the recipient limits in Exchange. We would like to limit it to 40 globally. The problem we are having is that want DLs to count as 1 recipient, and not the actual number of members. From what I recall, this is how Exchange 5.5 behaved. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks much to all, Kynnie -- ...

Merging Data From 2 Excel Spreadsheets
I have 2 spreadsheets containing catalogues of products from 2 suppliers. One catalogue is the main one I use. The other contains thousands of products many of which I don't use. I would like to pull the matching information from the larger spreadsheet on to the catalogue I use but only for the products in this spreadsheet. Both sheets have a column with a corresponding product code that matches. Sorry if this sounds very simple but I have wasted a few hours trying to do this and would be grateful for any help. Jon Have a look at VLOOKUP(). This should do the job for you. Andy. "J...

Embedded Excel file gridlines printing #2
I have an embedded Excel file in word and when I go to print, it i printing with the gridlines. In excel I have the gridlines turned of and it is still not working. HELP! Thank -- tanyhar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55105 Open the Excel file in the Word document and turn off the gridlines. I it's still a problem, open the Excel file in the Word document an change the gridline colo...

GP and CRM servers
I am currently running three different servers. One server (Windows server 2003) is running Dynamics GP 10. This server also acts as my terminal services license server. Access to this server is via remote desktop and server access is via “Users and groups” settings (not Active Directory). My second server (Windows server 2003) is running CRM 4.0 and active directory. My third server (Windows Server 2008) will eventually be a SharePoint (MOSS 2007) server. I am in an academic environment and my three servers are running on top of VMware 2.5 ESX on IBM Blade hardware. I have no ...

blackberry connection
I can't get emails on my new BlackBerry - it is telling me I need to change my email client settings to leave my email messages on the server - how and where on windows mail do I do that please Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced tab "Lizziebird" <Lizziebird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50DA3066-A92F-4A75-9086-534F06E0381E@microsoft.com... > I can't get emails on my new BlackBerry - it is telling me I need to > change > my email client settings to leave my email messages on the server - how > and > where on windo...

Program trying to access e-mail addresses #2
I recently installed Office SP-3. Since the installation, whenever Word is opened as my mail editor I get the message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I turn off Word as my mail editor, I do not get the message. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I can do to get rid of the message? I have done a complete virus scan with up to date virus definitions. Thanks It's probably not word. It's probably an add-in that you have running in Word. Do you have Adobe's add-in for Word load...

Using HQ Manager on Terminal Server
Has anyone ever tried to deploy RMS Headquarters on a Terminal Server? If so, what were some of the hoops you had to jump through? We are looking into installing RMS Headquarters 1.3 on Windows Terminal Server. Our main reason for doing this is to have one place where users can view enterprise-level sales and inventory data, and run reports. Putting HQ Manager on a terminal server would keep us from having to install the same software and reports on a half-dozen machines in the office, and would allow our road-warriors to access the application over the Internet. 90% of our target user...

2 exchange servers #4
i'm not running any risks by putting my 2 exchange servers on the same network. The other is a test server on a different domain and different subnet. I'm planning on putting second nic in it to have it on the main network for a short period of time. They both have different organization names and storage group names. Thanks No problem at all. I had a recovery Ex server different forest\Ex org on same network with no prob if that makes you feel comfortable :) James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com mikea wrote: > i'm not running any risks by p...

Blackberry email
Hi, The boss went out and got a Blackberry HH device, and wants to get his email on it. I have never set one up and need to know what to do. We are running 2000 standard behind a firewall, I assume that I will need to open a port for him. Are there any guidelines ? Thanks - Wayne You'll probably want to setup a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). -GT "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF1E678-3624-4D85-8B35-95B0F788F276@microsoft.com... > Hi, > The boss went out and got a Blackberry HH device, and wants to get his > email >...

Cdn Payroll #2
I am trying to enter my Canadian payroll key and running into the following error: "Stand alone Payroll registration Keys cannot be used with the integrated Payroll" Can any one give me an explanation of what this means thanks frank -- Vancouver, Canada Frank, Once upon a time, the company that developed Canadian Payroll used to sell a standalone version in addition to the version that integrated with Great Plains )this was pre-Microsoft). I didn't think that this was still available - perhaps only for those ongoing standalone customers? It appears that some one gave you t...

Trying to change incoming server(pop3) for Outlook with Small Business Server.
I need to know where to go to change my incoming POP server for each personal email account for Outlook. ...

Reg: Exchange 5.5 server removal
We have Exchange 5.5 server in our Exchange 2003 site. We moved all the mailboxes. PF & SF to Exchange 2003 computer. We removed the Exchange 5.5 computer by deleting it from Exchange Administrator program from Exchange 2003 computer running SRS. The Exchange 5.5 is deleted sucessfully. However Exchange 5.5 computer is still showing in Exchange 2003 System manager. How to delete it in Exchange System manager. Thanks in advance. Pugazhendhi S Manually replicate your configuration connection agreement and see if that does the trick. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Pugaz Hari&q...

Two Server Exchange Problem
We just installed a new domain with two exchange servers, each at a remote site.Let's call them SERVER1 and SERVER2. It was a standard installation, no real issues or special setups. The problem I am having is that I am not getting mail flowing between the two servers, I can only send mail as long as the receiving mailbox is on the same server. Under the queues for each server, I can see messages in a queue for the destination server that are on hold. Some of them have a sender name of "SERVER1-IS.mydomain.com" or "SERVER2-IS.mydomain.com". I do not know where t...

Storing distinct values in an array #2
Aladin Akyurek Wrote: > Try to run Advanced Filter on your data with the "Unique records onl > option" option checked. No, i cant do tha -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27427 shimeel Wrote: > No, i cant do that You want formulas -- Aladin Akyure ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.exce...

Outlook on Terminal Server
lately I get "Outlook failed to start correctly last time.......Do you want to start Outlook in safe mode?" Regardles of whether I click on the YES or NO button, I get outlook to open properly. But this message persists everytime I opened Outlook. PS This also happens to all Terminal Server users. How can I remedy this? Thanks Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org I fixed this by deleting this key which must have accidentally gotten caught when the server was in install mode. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\MICROSOFT\O...

save as #2
How do I save a file in excel as SAVE AS in windows vista "Maynor" <Maynor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DA7753-21DF-4654-96CD-D9DF870C06E1@microsoft.com... > How do I save a file in excel as SAVE AS in windows vista Depends what version. Prior to 2007, just do File-Save As. In 2007, do Office Button-Save As...... Simple, really. "Gordon" wrote: > "Maynor" <Maynor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:45DA7753-21DF-4654-96CD-D9DF870C06E1@microsoft.com... > > How do I save a file in excel as S...

Last reboot of Server 2008
In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a command line and it was give you the time that the server was last rebooted with "Statistics Since:". But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics Since 1/1/1980 12:00am". That's obviously not right, and the system time on the server is correct. Is there something comparable in 2008, to get the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer? Thanks "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item news:uFjXySVjKHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... ...

SQL Server Manager 2005 vs Server Manager EXPRESS
HI I have inherited a server that has SQL Server 2005 installed on MS Server2003 OS - Problem - MS SQL server manager studio EXPRESS is installed. Kindly assist ASAP - I need to have Manager Studio (not the Express) to mange the DB and backups - 1) What is the process to upgrade to the full SQL Server Manager ??, 2) and Where could I get my hands on the full SQL Server Manager?? uopgrade to Server 2008 is not an option. Thank you in advance -- !ngeniuos (99% Perspiration) Hi, You can install the SQL Server Management Studio from your install media. You c...

Batch Sattlement Problem #2
Today was my first day with Mercury Payment. and end of day When I try to sattle the batch and I am keep getting error CONNETION ERROR. I am trying to sattle same way I was doing with city bank. Is mercury setting different way ? Is any body here to help me to sattle the batch. I am getting connection error. Please Help This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02D9_01C6F83C.869E10F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Gas, Any firewalls running? If so, turn them off temporarily to see if it = the...