Best solution to retrieve email on the road using 56k dial up

Got a situation here. My boos who often travels home to the East Coast only
has 56k dial up available. We host our own SMTP Exchange server here so
normally via DSL he has a few options. OWA, Citrix, RWW. however he
complains this takes to long to download and read his emails. He wants to be
able to download and go offline. We do not use VPN so downloading to his
Outlook is not an option.
We all have POP3 mailboxes at our ISP for backup in case our Exchange server
becomes unavailable. I'm thinking if there is a way I can turn off his email
from coming here to the Exchange server so he can add a POP3 client to his
Outlook and retrieve his email via out ISP. Looking for the best alternative
here. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.

0
fakename1 (50)

"MS User2006" <fakename@nodomain.com> wrote in message
> Got a situation here. My boos who often travels home to the East Coast
> only has 56k dial up available. We host our own SMTP Exchange server here
> so normally via DSL he has a few options. OWA, Citrix, RWW. however he
> complains this takes to long to download and read his emails. He wants to
> be able to download and go offline. We do not use VPN so downloading to
> his Outlook is not an option.
> We all have POP3 mailboxes at our ISP for backup in case our Exchange
> server becomes unavailable. I'm thinking if there is a way I can turn off
> his email from coming here to the Exchange server so he can add a POP3
> client to his Outlook and retrieve his email via out ISP. Looking for the
> best alternative here. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.

He could always POP3 to your own server; or even better - use IMAP.  Try
connecting Outlook Express to it, so you don't mix access methods in
Outlook.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
6/5/2006 8:07:30 PM
What about using RPC over HTTP(s)? It maintains full Outlook functionality,
gives him offline capabilities with Exchange cached mode and should mean
less hassle for you once it is set up.

Nue
"Lee Derbyshire" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in message
> "MS User2006" <fakename@nodomain.com> wrote in message
>> Got a situation here. My boos who often travels home to the East Coast
>> only has 56k dial up available. We host our own SMTP Exchange server here
>> so normally via DSL he has a few options. OWA, Citrix, RWW. however he
>> complains this takes to long to download and read his emails. He wants to
>> be able to download and go offline. We do not use VPN so downloading to
>> his Outlook is not an option.
>> We all have POP3 mailboxes at our ISP for backup in case our Exchange
>> server becomes unavailable. I'm thinking if there is a way I can turn off
>> his email from coming here to the Exchange server so he can add a POP3
>> client to his Outlook and retrieve his email via out ISP. Looking for the
>> best alternative here. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.
>
> He could always POP3 to your own server; or even better - use IMAP.  Try
> connecting Outlook Express to it, so you don't mix access methods in
> Outlook.
>
> Lee.
>
> --
> ___________________________________
>
> Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
> www.leederbyshire.com
> ___________________________________

0
imaneophyte (3005)
6/5/2006 11:48:07 PM
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What about using RPC over HTTP(s)? It maintains full Outlook
> functionality, gives him offline capabilities with Exchange cached mode
> and should mean less hassle for you once it is set up.
>
> Nue

Yes, assuming that the OP has Exchange 2003.  I only thought of IMAP since
they had already mentioned POP, and I got tunnel vision.  What do you think
Outlook would perform like over 56K, though, even in cached mode?  I've
never tried it at that speed.

0
Lee

How to use the contents of a cell for a data range in a pivot tabl
Background: I use pivot tables for data that is stored in a separate worksheet (source file) in order to save space and reduce clutter in the source file. I use a range name for the data in the source file so that when I refresh my pivot tables, it looks for any additional rows and columns. All works fine, however, I have a periodic need to change the location and name of the source file. Question: Is there a way that I can put the location -and- file name in a cell and have the pivot tables reference the contents of that cell in order to get the new source file location and name. Plea...

email filtered report
I am looping through a recordset and want to send a snapshot report to each person in the recordset. The report should be filtered for the current peopleID but I dont know how to pass the current peopleID to filter the report before i do a sendObject Any suggestions please "judith" <judith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CECFCF-ADE5-40E5-8476-C898E5A407FF@microsoft.com... >I am looping through a recordset and want to send a snapshot report to each > person in the recordset. The report should be filtered for the current > peopleID but I dont kno...

HTML Email Template
Hello, We are using Outlook 2002 and exchange 2k. We are using a html template linking to our company logo. I place them in the same folder "c:\program files\common files\microsoft share\stationary" Everytime when we need to update our company details e.g. phone number, website url..etc i have to redo it for everyone in our company (200 users) and configure their outlook. (as each html file contain different user details and the file names are diff - PAPWchan.html PAPUyeung.html. etc Is there any method i can configure a html (or any template with company logo) for everyone ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

No debug with VS using Taskman shell?
Hallo Im currently upgrading our platform with a new CPU. Im making a new WinCE 5.0 image for the HW, but with the same "features" as the old one. Im using taskman as the shell. I have added the taskman source to the platform. I also have added the __SYSGEN_TASKMAN environment variable to the platform settings. This is in my platform.bib: IF __SYSGEN_TASKMAN==1 taskman.exe $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\taskman.exe NK S ENDIF And this in my platform.reg: (Replacing explorer.exe) IF __SYSGEN_TASKMAN==1 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init] "Launch50"="task...

Using HyperLinks in Outlook
When I insert a hyperlink in outlook and change the format to html, I am not allowed to create a "friendly" name. For example I want to say click here and make here the hyperlink to cnn.com. I cannot do this, but it works on another computer. Suggestions? ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

Re: Sending email from command line
I'd like to do this! Can anybody say how? "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:... > Was I not clear in my question or does anybody know that this isn't > possible? > > "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message > news:OFY$VDjfEHA.368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I have a txt file that contains a list of records. Each record contains an > > email address and some other data. The file is created every night. Every > > morning, someone reads the file and manually creates email to send the > > appro...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

I cannot send or reply emails
I get a 'Windows Security' message related to the account I am using: "Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server." I enter the correct username and password, but the Windows Security window continues to re-display. This happens on accounts from only 1 email server (suddenlink.net). -- Losco A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to delete that = corrupted=20 mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account. If that ...

What do you miss out on if you don't use Exchange?
When you use CRM3 without Exchange what do you miss out on? Antony Antony See the white paper at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2417E918-2E30-41DB-A3B2-2F800BF76FFE&displaylang=en Tells you all you should need to know Cozy "Antony" <info AT webpc DOT biz> wrote in message news:uxjZpqkWGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When you use CRM3 without Exchange what do you miss out on? > > Antony ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

RE: Help recovering deleted emails in outlook
Greetings, Can somebody explain how to recover emails that have been deleted from the inbox and where the emails were deleted from the trash can? I am using Windows XP, SP3, Outlook 2007 SP2, local machine (not exchange), I have no reason to believe the folder was compressed. Thanks -theredfox http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm "theredfox" <newsgroup.only@please.com> wrote in message news:OgDM2XtmKHA.4936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > > Can somebody explain how to recover emails that have been del...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Cannot send emails
I read back through the newsgroup, but did not find an answer. As of yesterday afternoon, I cannot send emails. I receive emails just fine. My isp allows me to use a different SMTP. My SMTP and POP3 settings are the same and accurate. I have tried setting up the outgoing server to use the same settings as my incoming server and alternatively i have providing the login information for the SMTP. I am using Outlook 2002 on XP's Home Edition v. 2002. When I try to send an email a small window pops up asking me to "Enter Network Password" and leaves rooms for me to adj...

retrieve data
How do you retrieve data from an external source? I have an access DB off-site sitting on a remote web server. I do have access to it. How do I retrieve data off it and use it in a local Excel spreadsheet? So that I can format a customize report rather than build a web page. Hi have a look at 'Data - Import External Data - Import Data' you can select your Access database and the respective datasource -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany george wrote: > How do you retrieve data from an external source? > I have an access DB off-site sitting on a remote web server. ...

Contact email address in Outlook 2000
I'm still running 2000, I like it, why upgrade. But, my question is this: I'm using Outlook 2000 as "Internet Email." For some reason or another, some of my Contacts don't show their email in the "email" field. I have to go to the Address Book each time to resolve this issue. How do I change this globally so I don't have to go to each record to rectify the problem? I also use SynPost for syncing between my Notebook and desktop, plus I have a Palm that I sync with my Notebook. Since I've added this, it seems to have complicated things. Help me, please, ...

Dropdown menu using xml file
Can anyone please help me. I was looking at the article "http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030603.asp". I am new to .net and know nothing in c#. I want to write a menu in asp.net. Can anyone please help me in converting this c# code to vb.net. I tried, but it is not giving the output. Here is the c# code using System using System.Collections using System.ComponentModel using System.Data using System.Drawing using System.Web using System.Web.SessionState using System.Web.UI using System.Web.UI.WebControls using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Xsl; us...

email merge with excel spreadsheet
I wanted to conduct a little test and I did this: I created an Excel spreadsheet that consisted of four names, first and last separated by a comma and an email address for each name. I saved it and then tried to use it for an email merge. It was only sent to the first name on the list. Why? Don't know why. I did the same experiment and it worked for me. How are you setting up your page? You can only have one merge document on your screen, for example, a label. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elizabet...

oups wrong email
I use my address book a lot. Seeing that a few of my contacts have 3 or 4 cards (differents company, fonction, category...) The only thing that doesn't change is the address, fax number or phone (same on every card) So when I get a change I have to modifie all the cards. Do you know how to "link" the cards so the change is done automaticly? Thank in advance ...

solving equations using Excel
Hi! I want to use Excel to solve an equation. How to do this and with which tools? Below is my equation. y = 0,75y + 0,4x x = 0,25y + 0,6x 1 = y + x I need the value of y and x. Please help me out. Tnx. -- arnold_charming ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arnold_charming's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491464 "arnold_charming" <arnold_charming.1zod5n_1133967301.3924@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

using multiple fields from a table
I am trying to use one table with multiple fields in a notinlist pop up. The name of the table is equipment. It has 2 fields in it, equipment and toners. No matter what I try, I get an error message saying the item is not on the list. If I change the statement strSQL = "INSERT INTO equipment([equipment]) " & _ "VALUES ('" & NewData & "');" to strSQL = "INSERT INTO equipment([toners]) " & _ "VALUES ('" & NewData & "');" I get the message, Th...

How to get Outlook to recognize a custom protocol URL in a plain text email?
Hi all, I have a custom protocol that is registered in my users' registry and will launch its associated program correctly from within an anchor tag in Internet Explorer or from an HTML-formatted email. However, I have some plain text emails coming in that will have these same custom protocol URLs embedded as well. I would like Outlook to recognize these custom protocol URLs even though they are in a plain-text message, the same way it does for http:// strings. If you highlight text in a new mail client and select Insert - Hyperlink, the choices you get are: file:// ftp:// gopher:// ht...

Sort email by email address
From the Inbox, Is there a way to see the email address of the send of email. Currently the "From" category will show you name of the person sending you email. If that email doesn't have the person's name defined, Outlook will show you the entire address in the "From" category. I want to be able always see the email address instead of the name. By looking at the actual email address, I can definetely tell whether or not an email is spam because of the user name or domain name. ...