best antivirus product for exchange 2003?

We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
any alternatives???

Regards
0
k.wong (2)

I use Norton Corporate edition and have it set to scan
all incoming emails and the server itself every morning
at 2am. Never a complaint about Norton. (Lots of
complaints about the users but that is for another forum!)

0
anonymous (74721)
9/15/2004 5:12:42 PM
Groupshield 6.0 is for sure a poor product. however, groupshield 5.2 + SP2
works just as we need on Exchange 2003. I don't know how long it will still
be supported.

Looks like Trend has some stuffs, but never tried. I will begin soon test on
alternative to mcafee.. so I'll stay stuned on this post :-)

"smelly" <k.wong@rdg.ac.uk> wrote in message
> We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
> migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
> views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
> recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
> any alternatives???
>
> Regards

0
tophe_news (33)
9/15/2004 6:31:43 PM
Hi-

www.messagelabs.com is by FAR the best e-mail anti-virus service. It stops
viruses before it gets to your smtp gateway. It doesn't operate like
traditional a/v scanners which require users to report e-mail viruses to the
vendor for a pattern update to be released. It uses heuristics that actually
work.

"smelly" <k.wong@rdg.ac.uk> wrote in message
> We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
> migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
> views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
> recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
> any alternatives???
>
> Regards

sybari or trend are common top picks

--
David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MCSE, Exchange MVP, CCA
Ottawa, Canada

Need to understand how Exchange is being used?
http://quest.com/messagestats
Need to diagnose Exchange performance issues or outages?
http://quest.com/spotlight_exchange

My E-mail Policy BLOG: http://p0stmaster.blogspot.com

"smelly" <k.wong@rdg.ac.uk> wrote in message
> We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
> migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
> views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
> recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
> any alternatives???
>
> Regards

0
David
9/16/2004 1:27:27 AM
What is the problem with groupshield 6.0? Why do you think it is a poor
product?

Thanks,

Jeff

Chris wrote:
> Groupshield 6.0 is for sure a poor product. however, groupshield 5.2 + SP2
> works just as we need on Exchange 2003. I don't know how long it will still
> be supported.
>
> Looks like Trend has some stuffs, but never tried. I will begin soon test on
> alternative to mcafee.. so I'll stay stuned on this post :-)
>

> "smelly" <k.wong@rdg.ac.uk> wrote in message
>
>>We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
>>migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
>>views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
>>recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
>>any alternatives???
>>
>>Regards

0
thedude (1)
9/17/2004 1:33:31 PM
There was a very scary posting in this group a couple of weeks ago about
someone who upgraded to 6.0 on a cluster, and ended up having to uninstall
it and go back to 5.2...I'm running clusters, too, so I've been a little
hesitant to upgrade...

"Jeff Lawbowski" <thedude@do.net> wrote in message
> What is the problem with groupshield 6.0? Why do you think it is a poor
> product?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
> Chris wrote:
> > Groupshield 6.0 is for sure a poor product. however, groupshield 5.2 +
SP2
> > works just as we need on Exchange 2003. I don't know how long it will
still
> > be supported.
> >
> > Looks like Trend has some stuffs, but never tried. I will begin soon
test on
> > alternative to mcafee.. so I'll stay stuned on this post :-)
> >

> > "smelly" <k.wong@rdg.ac.uk> wrote in message
> >
> >>We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
> >>migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
> >>views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
> >>recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
> >>any alternatives???
> >>
> >>Regards

0
susan7353 (1225)
9/17/2004 2:14:35 PM
As Stated before, extremly buggy. Not behaving as expected and so on, not
really optimized.
And I ca not say that the European support of McAfee proved its efficiency
actually.

So decision is : Grousphield 5.2 + patchs, and change vendor when the
support of Groupshield 5.2 ends
BTW, we also think about replace McAfee for the desktop, mainly due to a
support far from competent for a company pretending dealing with security
(at leat in Europe)

"Jeff Lawbowski" <thedude@do.net> wrote in message
> What is the problem with groupshield 6.0? Why do you think it is a poor
> product?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
> Chris wrote:
> > Groupshield 6.0 is for sure a poor product. however, groupshield 5.2 +
SP2
> > works just as we need on Exchange 2003. I don't know how long it will
still
> > be supported.
> >
> > Looks like Trend has some stuffs, but never tried. I will begin soon
test on
> > alternative to mcafee.. so I'll stay stuned on this post :-)
> >

> > "smelly" <k.wong@rdg.ac.uk> wrote in message
> >
> >>We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since
> >>migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get
> >>views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not
> >>recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software.
> >>any alternatives???
> >>
> >>Regards

0
tophe_news (33)

Automatically setting User account and exchange server
Hi All, How would I go about setting up possibly a login script that can automatically set up users account name and exchange server. I haven't really come accross what I'm after yet and was hopeing someone here would have an answer. Basically when a new user or a user with an outbox already; logs onto a different (or there first) machine that when they open outlook 2003 they have the settings for the server hosting exchange and thier user name automatically entered so that they don't need to contact us to have it sorted out. Thanks! Microsoft uses text files with a .prf exten...

Exchange Migration Issue
Hello All, I have multiple copies of email in my user email accounts after migration. I used Exchange Migration Tool to Migrate email accounts from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Since we did not switch over to the new server right away , there were 2 days of emails still pending to be imported so I used the Migration tool again to migrate emails filtered based on date, but it seems that exchange migration has migrated all emails again, and now users have 2 to 3 copies of each email. Is there a way to remove the duplicate copies ? if so how can I go about doing that? Any pointer...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Archiving Exchange 1007
We are considering moving from GroupWise to Exchange 2007. I have been unable to find out what are the archiving options for emails. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Adrian It should of course have read 'Archiving Exchange 2007'! "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ol4984yWHHA.1120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are considering moving from GroupWise to Exchange 2007. > > I have been unable to find out what are the archiving options for emails. > > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. > > Adrian > As with pre...

New Exchange Installation
Hai friends, Iam Asaithambi, i have a plan to implement and install Exchange server 2003 in my office, but i had only " SMTP , POP3 ADDRESS AND registered domain, and have 10 user id's for that doamin. But important i have " no public ip address" if it is possible i have install and connect my domain, and send and receive my email's for that user id's Please help me to solve . You can receive SMTP mail without public IP, but you need some cooperation from you ISP (or whoever provides connectivity for you). Tell them that you are ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

Outlook 2003 Certification
I am trying to get certified in Outlook 2003. I am using the Microsoft Press Inside Out book. I have found these books interesting and useful in the past. I have certs in MOUS Word and Excel 2002 already. Can anyone give me some advice who has taken the test. What is it like? What does it emphasize? Also, some links to practice exams would be nice. Last, I would appreciate some ideas in career searching on how to benefit from this certification. Thank you. Dustin ShrewdSpirit@hotmail.com ...

Locking down Exchange
I need to implement a new company policy that will do 2 things. The first is to delete any emails older than 90 days, the second is to prevent users from using .pst files. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I have done some research and thus far have found nothing that has told me how to accomplish these 2 things. Thanks, Todd Sparks for deleting emails, create a recipient policy (i'm assuming e2k3 here) and specify mailbox policy, the wizard will lead you from there. As far as not allowing pst files i think there is a way to do it with the office resource kit but i&#...

Setting up Exchange 2003
I had this problem the other day while extending the schema in preparation for an upgrade to Exchange 2003. I searched through a lot of databases and search engines, and found that a lot of people have had this problem, but none of the forums led to a clear cut answer to the issue. So, I thought I'd share my solution to try and help others out, and save them some time and frustration. I was ready to call Microsoft support right before I figured this out. While running forest prep (setup /forestprep), setup failed with Error code 0XC103798A. It then specified to check the Exchange inst...

Money 2003 annoying beep
Why when I update certain totals Money 2003 makes a beeping sound from inside my computer? Not through my speakers, but from somewhere inside my actual tower. It's very annoying. In microsoft.public.money, Matt Lewis wrote: >Why when I update certain totals Money 2003 makes a beeping sound from >inside my computer? Not through my speakers, but from somewhere >inside my actual tower. It's very annoying. Try entering "sounds" into the Ask Money box of Help to see if you can find what you want. Hi Matt, Sorry, no expert I, but, you are not alone with these typ...

Exchange 5.5 #27
How can I free up some disk space on my Exchange 5.5 Server. The folder called exchsrvr is 90GB in size. The following are taking up all the space on the Server: The Priv.edb and Pub.edb under the MDBDATA subfolder. Also, the IN and OUT folder under the IMCDATA subfolder which contain Archive Folders. VJ - When's the last time you ran a defrag on the database? I inherited a message store that I thought was huge - 10gb for a 20 person user base. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? kbid=143233 For information on where to begin. I gained 30% on the first run....

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Lotus Notes meeting requests in Outlook 2003
Hi, we are working with some external companies which are using Lotus Notes. When they send us meeting requests we get them as attachment. When opening that attachment it is not possible to accept, tentative accept or decline the meeting request. Is there a way to enable that? We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2. There are no connectors between Lotus and Exchange. emails are exchange via the public internet. Thanks, Manfred ...

What do you miss out on if you don't use Exchange?
When you use CRM3 without Exchange what do you miss out on? Antony Antony See the white paper at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2417E918-2E30-41DB-A3B2-2F800BF76FFE&displaylang=en Tells you all you should need to know Cozy "Antony" <info AT webpc DOT biz> wrote in message news:uxjZpqkWGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When you use CRM3 without Exchange what do you miss out on? > > Antony ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Exchange 2010 edge server and 2007 HT server
Hi, Does anyone know whether an Exchange 2010 edge server can work with a 2007 HT server with regards an edge subscription? There will probably not be any 2010 HT servers in the org for a while. We are looking into moving to a TMG ISA server with the 2010 HT server installed on it. Thanks. Andrew. Good question. This article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd346708.aspx#ESD seems to say that you can use an Exchange 2007 Hub Transport server in edge synchronization with an Exchange 2010 Edge server but you won't get all of the new Edge 2010 features. -- ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Can I convert from publisher 2003 to powerpoint 2003?
Well, can I? Jar47 wrote: > Well, can I? Not really. Copy and paste. Why? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Outlook 2003 cached exchange mode folder size issue
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connection via HTTP and using cached exchange mode for synching everything up. I noticed when looking at folder sizes that there are two tabs - local data and server data. The sizes for the same folders do not match, in fact the local data is about twice the size of the server data for the account with various discrepencies for each folder. When viewing the account in OWA, it is exactly the same as the account viewed in Outlook. Is this an issue with the local copy having free, unused space in the data file? Can this local file be "cleaned" to r...

Maintain ACL while migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2003 Interforest?
Hello, I am close to a migration from an Exchange 2003 Administrative organization to another Exchange 2003 organization in another Domain, also known as a Interforest move of mailboxes. I will use the "Exchange migration wizard" to move the mailboxes, but ofcourse only after the use of ADMT to merge Groups/Users from the old domain. Is there any way to preserve the ACL's set on the mailboxes in the old exchange 2003 server, while moving to the new domain and exchangeserver? The documentation of the migration wizard states it will not move ACL, but are there workarounds ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

Outlook XP communicating with non existing exchange 2000 server
Hi!! We are having a bit of a problem with Outlook. It is trying to communicate with an old non-existing exchange server. Earlier (about 6 months back), we used to use that server, but since then we added a new server and moved all the accounts to the new one. There might be one/two inactive accounts on the old server. I'm unable to ascertain why Outlook is trying to communicate with that old server. All our machines point to the new server. I looked at all the settings on outlook and it doesn't point to the old server anwhere. Is there something that I missed on Outlook settings th...

Outlook & Exchange information
Hi, I am looking for KB article(s) on the process that occurs when Outlook is opened, ie. - on startup, what does it do? - how does it communicate with the Exchange server, DC/GC and for what info? - process flow from initiation till the time Outlook opens: ie. detailed information as to what occurs in terms of its design. can anyone help? thanks regards, John ...

Quality/ Productivity diagram
Hi! I'm trying to make Q/P diagram based on quality and productivity evaluation of agents in Call Centre where I work. Therefore I would like to use a scatter chart with the data shown below: agent quality productivity john 5 4 mike 4 4 dave 2 5 bob 2 1 bill 3 4 jane 5 5 jill 1 3 adam 2 4 eve 2 4 rich 3 2 I've managed to put the quality on X and productivity on Y but what I'm up to is to get the agents labeled on those coordinates. So far I only have the coordinates when click on the marker but I would like to ha...

Exchange Public folder Limits Problem
i have a public folder that has limits set on it...I ncreased those limits, but i'm still getting an error...How can i set the limits for email size and force the updates.. Is there anyway i can tell the public folder has the changes applied? thanks, michael ...