basic System Policy question

If I understand this correctly System Policies are really only useful in
cases with multiple information stores (Enterprise version only) so that
settings can be set for all of them in one central place.

Can settings set in a System Policy be overridden at a lower level like an
individual information store itself, or an individual user account? Or do
System Policies rule no matter what, no overrides?

0
nospam7515 (2084)

System Policies are Enforced (No-Override) at Store level or Server level.
However, individual user account settings can override Store level setting,
including System Policies settings.  The only individual user account
settings that can override System Policies are Storage Limits, Deleted Item
Retention and Recipient limits.

PL

"David" <nospam@nospam.com>  news:uMyHfSoLHHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl

> If I understand this correctly System Policies are really only useful in
> cases with multiple information stores (Enterprise version only) so that
> settings can be set for all of them in one central place.
>
> Can settings set in a System Policy be overridden at a lower level like an
> individual information store itself, or an individual user account? Or do
> System Policies rule no matter what, no overrides?

0
syplai (115)
1/2/2007 3:50:43 PM
thanks

"PL" <syplai@hotmail.com.(autodeletejunkemails)> wrote in message
> System Policies are Enforced (No-Override) at Store level or Server level.
> However, individual user account settings can override Store level
> setting,
> including System Policies settings.  The only individual user account
> settings that can override System Policies are Storage Limits, Deleted
> Item
> Retention and Recipient limits.
>

> PL
>

> "David" <nospam@nospam.com>  news:uMyHfSoLHHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl
>
>> If I understand this correctly System Policies are really only useful in
>> cases with multiple information stores (Enterprise version only) so that
>> settings can be set for all of them in one central place.
>>
>> Can settings set in a System Policy be overridden at a lower level like
>> an
>> individual information store itself, or an individual user account? Or do
>> System Policies rule no matter what, no overrides?

0
nospam7515 (2084)

System Folders: Schema and schema-root
Hi, I have migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 (native Win 2000 AD-domain). Comparing PF -> System Folders with a clean Exchange 2003 Installation (native Win 2003 AD) I notice some differences in the System Folders; On the clean Exchange 2003: No 'Schema' system folder I renamed the Schema folder on the migrated servers and so far no problems. Is this folder still of any use in a Exchange 2003 environment? On the clean Exchange 2003: No 'schema-root\microsof\exchangeV1\exchweb and further. Because of earlier problems (There were 2 schema-root folders) I r...

Managing Event in CRM System
What is the best practive in managing event in CRM system? So that it will be easier next time we want to keep tract of those information? what function should i use in that system? kindly need guidance. Tq If you mean managing event attendance, such as conferences, it depends on your requirements. You may need an ISV add-on product that extends MSCRM to handle this. There are several available, including from www.axonom.com . I have not researched others recently HTH Peter "Zaqry Omar" <ZaqryOmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D7E119-7333-46AA-...

Rank Question
I need to figure out how to rank by manager ex: Processor Manager Score Rank Albert Scott 80.9 2 Brian Scott 91.5 1 Cathy Scott 79.3 3 Mable Delores 99.9 1 Elaine Delores 95.6 2 Tony Delores 73.5 3 I have 100 or so managers so I want a formula to calculate it automatically without any manual intervention. Thanks In EXCEL 2007, assuming your data is in range A 1 to D 7 inclusive. 1. Gives cells C 2 to C 7 inclusive a Range Name of, for ...

Read the mail with System.Web.Mail
You can read the mail arrived and sent using the System.Web.Mail? Or you must use (telnet-style): tcpClient.Connect (txtServer.Text, Convert.ToInt32 (txtPort.Text)); and use the command "RETR" to read mail. In this case you know how you set the credentials for SSL? Why do I have problems with Google! Thank you. ...

ADFS basics
Hey all, I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter. In essence I would like to use AD as my source of truth. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot. One super basic question, the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist. Question 1: How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd like to perform? It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether to pop a logon screen or go...

A Question about Diffgram Updates

Question about CSocket::Receive()
I have a class derived from CSocket. I have a vague recollection that I only get one shot at calling Receive() in my override of OnReceive(). What I mean by that is that if there's 2k of data to be read but I only read 1k when I call Receive() then the other 1k gets lost. Or can I call Receive() more than once within OnReceive() but after I exit OnReceive() I lose any data that didn't read? I can't remember where I've read this or something along those lines and I can't see it in the documentation. It may be that I'm completely mistaken and it's just my ...

a CPropertySheet on CDialogBar question #2
hi,i develop a application based on MainFrame, i want to place a CDialogBar on the right of my windows and place a CPropertySheet on this DialogBar. i create a class,CMyDialogBar which derived from CDialogBar, and its Create function as below: BOOL CMyDialogBar::Create(CWnd* pParentWnd, UINT nIDTemplate, UINT nStyle, UINT nID) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CDialogBar::Create(pParentWnd, nIDTemplate, nStyle, nID); m_pDlg1 = new CDialogPage1;//m_pDlg1 is member variable of this class m_pDlg2 = new CDialogPage2;//m_pDlg2 is member variable of this cla...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

Basic Visual Basic
I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for > help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

OWA question #12
i recently changed my domain name, example: from homedomain.com to workdomain.com. I have an exchange server with OWA enabled, i used to log in to OWA by typing the following https://homedomain.com/exchange. When I changed my domain i figured i would just logon to my OWA by typing https://workdomain.com. However this is not working, I have made sure that the new domain name points to the correct boxes, firewall shows that a request is coming in on port 443 and being sent to the correct internal host. My smtp virtual server is mapped to the correct ip, but still have not been able to lo...

How to hook maximize/restore button in system menu
I need my application to hook (intercept) when the user has clicked "restore/maximice" buttom, so that the behabiour of the window will not be the standard one, but customized (the button will make the window bigger or smaller, swapping between two possible sizes of using it, but there is no use in a whole-screen-window) To get this my code should be executed before the actual maximizing/restoring of the window, and after my code has been executed this maximizing/restoring should never happen. Which window messages should I catch to get this? Thanks a lot!! Ricardo. You need to ...

Newbie question
Hello, I am a newbie to xml and xpath. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I need to parse an xml file (generated by a Sharepoint list file) in the format below. For example, I need to select all the nodes where the ows_Parent = '6;#miCommunities'. (Is there a LIKE operator in xpath (e.g, ows_Parent LIKE '%miCommunities'))? I'm not able to do even the simplest query on this xml file. I keep getting the error message: "Namespace, Manager or xsltContext needed. This query has a prefix, variable or user defined function." Any help y...

Sorry
Hi guys, apologies for such a basic question. In my defence I'm not really a c++ programmer, and when I have dabbled, I've used MFC. I've got a call to an external DLL I'm using LoadLibrary to get. I've declared the call as : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(CString p1, CString p2, short* retVal, CString* retText) if I call it : short retVal; CString retText; iRet = MyFunc ("123456", "12345678", &retVal, &retText); - it works fine. Unfortunately this DLL is being called from a non-MFC app. So I;ve tried : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(char[] p1, char p2, short* ...

synchronize System Free Busy and Calendar
I have a need to constantly synchronize System Free Busy and Calendar information between two Exchange 2003 organizations. What native tools can be used to address these goals? I am hearing of PFADMIN. I plan on using IIFP to sync the AD environments. Thanks Rustom InterOrg Replication Tool can replicate public folders, including Free/Busy. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rustom" <RustomNB@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZnwrsmsGHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP02...

MSP VBA Basic Help Needed!
I'm trying to add common text names from a Text Column in MSP-07. I'm using Rod Gill's book to learn VBA for Office and primarily MSP and have also emailed him specifically about whether or not MSP-07 is even capable of accomplishing the simple report I'm needing. Basically I have a column (Text26) with some specific verbage which will be standardized and used for several real schedules in our standard template with our company. The verbage is simply: * Early Delivery * Late Delivery * On-Time Delivery * Not Delivered The verbage is calculated as a formula...

Exmerge append question
Hi there, I'm currently looking into ways to doing efficient offsite storage using Brick Level Backups of the Exchange database. As the size of the resulting .PST files is obviously an issue (in terms of the time taken to copy them over a VPN connection), I had originally set it up so that it would append to the existing .pst files. This all seemed to be working fine. However, I had a user have a clearout of a load of old emails, and it was then that I noticed that the .pst file hadn't reduced in size - although it appends any new mails to the .PST file, it doesn't appear to dele...

Basics
I'm new to the DDK. I just d/l the WinDDK 7600.16385.1 and I'm trying to use the WinDbg. So I took the sample "tracedrv" (WINDDK\7600.16385.1\src\general\tracing\tracedrv), builded it and try to run tracectl.exe with the WinDbg, using "File->Open Executable" option. I set the Symbol File Path to tracectl.exe path, where "tracectl.pdb" is. I'm getting the message "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. ", and can't see it in Source Mode. When I run the program, I don't see the trace messages of the driver (KdPrint...

excel question....
hey guys can any one help me?(of course it is not a excel question) My drives are not openinin. if i double click on my drives an "open with" window opens. I know that it is a virus. Can u send the free link of the anti virus software that removes this virus? Thanks in advance. Neelakanta. Why don't you do a Google search for it? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Neelakanta" <Neelakanta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8D1FA1-A6A4-4A13-85DD-A9BDB1C3CEB8@microsoft.com... > hey guys can any one help me?(of course it is not a excel ques...

Datasheet question again
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Sorry, did not mean to. "Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED8F7461-1F27-4F39-9464-AF2F6D8157AC@microsoft.com... > Sorry Maurice and Joan - just noticed you had already answered this > question. > > Phile it's not really a good idea to ask the same question but with a > different header. > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "Phil Hunt" wrote: > >> Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet ...

Money 2007 Questions
I just "upgraded" from Money 2004 to Money 2007 and I have a couple of questions. 1. How do I turn off automatically connecting to the internet and updating? I have a dialup connection and every time I start Money it tries to open a connection. 2. Is there a problem with the Lifetime Planner? In Money 2004 the result graph showed a positive balance of all accounts through the entire graph period. When I went into the planner in Money 2007 the initial display of the graph showed the same as in Money 2004. However, when I stepped through the various steps of the planner (w...

Bank Reconciliation Transaction Question
Hi All, I am trying to add payments using Bank Reconciliation transactions but I don't know how, is it possible to do this way? Also, I want to use "Transaction" of Bank Reconciliation, not the "Receipt" Anyone knows how to do it, please give me a shot and I'd appreciate it. Thanks, -- Toi Day Hi Don Are you still using version 8? I do not believe there will be a fix for this on version 8 and I don't believe this is an issue on 9 or 10. -- Fliehigh "Don Lai" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am trying to add payments using Bank Reconci...

is there any way to clear the buffer of a System.IO.StreamWriter so that it does not do a flush when it is closed in the finaly block?
is there any way to clear the buffer of a System.IO.StreamWriter so that it does not do a flush when it is closed in the finaly block? ...

Creating a recipient policy for users in an OU
I have an OU called "CompanyOU" and under that another OU called "Users". I want to be able to create a recipient policy for users in the "CompanyOU". I don't seem to be able to piece together an LDAP query that satisfies this, at least not through the Recipient Policy GUI. Can anyone help? Is there a program or something that I can use to help me with this and to test the results of an LDAP query without actually creating a policy and seeing if it is properly applied? Thanks. Kevin. ...

IBM or NCR complete system?
I am in the planning stage for our three years upgrade in the fall for all our locations. We have alway been a PC base system with HP PC, Cherry Keyboard, Epson TM-T88iii Printer, Metrologic Voyager Scanner, Indiana Cash Drawer and IVI 3000 Check Scanner. My Senior Staff has express an internet in a all in one POS equipment solution to get all locations more standard. From this user group, does anyone recommend an IBM, NCR or other complete system with RMS still being the Point-of-Sale software? Ed Try POSIFLEX Jiva "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...