badmail and error 0x80004005

I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.  I'm also running
GFI Mail Essentials 12 (anti-spam) and GFI Mail Security 9 (email
anti-virus).  When a message is received via SMTP that contains an
attachment, sometimes but not always, the message ends up in the BadMail
folder.  The message is address to a valid user on my server and comes from
someone who is on the GFI Mail Essentials Whitelist.  The associated .BDR
file contains

0x80004005

 validuser@mydomain.com

I've lookup up the error code and it decodes as "Unexpected Error" (not very
helpful).  When I check the message tracking log it says "SMTP: Message
Submitted to Advanced Queuing" then "SMTP: Started Message Submission to
Advanced Queue" and finally "SMTP: Message sent to BadMail."

When I copy the message to the Pickup directory, it is properly delivered.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance.
0
GregP (3)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:48:37 -0800, "GregP"
<GregP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.  I'm also running
>GFI Mail Essentials 12 (anti-spam) and GFI Mail Security 9 (email
>anti-virus).  When a message is received via SMTP that contains an
>attachment, sometimes but not always, the message ends up in the BadMail
>folder.  The message is address to a valid user on my server and comes from
>someone who is on the GFI Mail Essentials Whitelist.  The associated .BDR
>file contains
>
>0x80004005
>
> validuser@mydomain.com
>
>I've lookup up the error code and it decodes as "Unexpected Error" (not very
>helpful).  When I check the message tracking log it says "SMTP: Message
>Submitted to Advanced Queuing" then "SMTP: Started Message Submission to
>Advanced Queue" and finally "SMTP: Message sent to BadMail."
>
>When I copy the message to the Pickup directory, it is properly delivered.
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Disable GFI?

0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2006 7:08:29 PM
Greg,

Did you ever solve this problem?  I have the same setup and I made the
unfortunate mistake of installing ISA 2004 SP2 and the same time I upgraded
GFI Mail Security and GFI Mail Essentials.

Thanks for the info.

"GregP" wrote:

> I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.  I'm also running
> GFI Mail Essentials 12 (anti-spam) and GFI Mail Security 9 (email
> anti-virus).  When a message is received via SMTP that contains an
> attachment, sometimes but not always, the message ends up in the BadMail
> folder.  The message is address to a valid user on my server and comes from
> someone who is on the GFI Mail Essentials Whitelist.  The associated .BDR
> file contains
>
> 0x80004005
>
>  validuser@mydomain.com
>
> I've lookup up the error code and it decodes as "Unexpected Error" (not very
> helpful).  When I check the message tracking log it says "SMTP: Message
> Submitted to Advanced Queuing" then "SMTP: Started Message Submission to
> Advanced Queue" and finally "SMTP: Message sent to BadMail."
>
> When I copy the message to the Pickup directory, it is properly delivered.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
Ce (6)

Installation Error
Proceeding with CRM30_SBS2003R2 instruction, following the above document to the letter, installing with Administrator (Domain Admin credential), the following error showed up about 2/3 of the way: Installing SQL Server Reporting Services Microsoft CRM3.0 Server Setup Publishing CRM reports failed. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The Operation you are attempting requires a secure connection (HTTPS). ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.SecureConnectionRequiredException: The operation you are attempting re quires a secure connection (HTTPS). at Microsoft.R...

Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
Hi, When I open OE, I got this error message: The host 'pop-sever-bigpond.net.au' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop-server-bigpond.net.au', Server: 'pop-sever-bigpond.net.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D. Anybody can explain what does that mean, please? I got Window XP. Thanx The incoming server name in your account is incorrect. Perhaps you meant 'pop-server-bigpond.net.au' rather than 'pop-sever-bigpond.net.au'. -- Jeff S...

outlook error message #37
when i go to start outlook express i get an error message saying ....failed to run vb script dll. can i dload outlook from anywhere and re install it ? thanks in advance Try posting in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for assistance with OE. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

WindowsUpdate_00000646 error
Tried to DL 6 updates multiple times with no luck. Help? Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB973593) Security Update for Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 (KB973709) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB972581) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB973704) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB974234) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561) Try installing the optional updates first then the other updates should install just fine. I had the same three updates: > Security Update for Microsoft Office ...

Returns Transaction Entry Error
I'm trying to do a Return. Just a plain Return not Return w/Credit. I'm getting the error message: "There are no available quantities for this item or vendor item. Please select a different item or vendor item." The PO has been received but not invoiced. There are quantities on-hand for this item but many have been sold. Why am I getting this error? Thanks. Michelle Michelle, Apparently, the quantity that was received for this item/vendor combination have been sold or otherwise consumed. Do you buy this item from more than one vendor? Could...

Any thoughts? Application error .data not place into memory because of an I/O error
Folks The following problem has been reported twice on two separate systems at one particular client The instruction at 0x7344de72 referenced memory at 004bac40. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0000000c4 Given that the VB6 exe resides on the server I'm thinking this is a network corrupt packet issue of some sort given the IO error. Or maybe bad RAM. There are a total of three hits for "data not placed into memory because of an I/O error". So this is exceedingly rare. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access M...

What is this error?
Hello, A user of mine is getting the following error on several messages from a single sender: Can't open this item. Your Digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system. Is this something on my end or does the sender need to give my user a cert of some sort so that he can open this? Any help on how this works is appreciated. The environment is E2K3 with Outlook 2K3. Thanks, Dan You probably want to have an understanding of SMIME and what is required. Here is one site that explains it...http://www.marknoble.com/tutorial/smime/smime.aspx Then check out htt...

ERROR in publishing customization CRM's fields
Hi! i have installated MS CRM 1.2 and after this installation is succesfully, i try to customize into CRM one or more field. I create into Deployment manager (also just one) field and into CRM create the new field: after to save the new configuration object's form with the new field i try the publish this customization. Apparently, this operation completed succesfully (one messagge confirm this) but after restart IIS and i try to open the CRM's object connected a this new field that i created appears generic ERROR. In the event viewer i see this specific error: MSCRM Application...

looking for advice Regarding badmail directory
I have a client that has an Exhcnage 2003 server they setup about 3 months ago. They have SMTP partially configured. There server was running really really slow and they called me up to help. I noticed that CPU utilization is like between 3 and 4%. Yet in running perfmon and looking at disk queues, they were at 100%. I found by stopping the SMTP service, that disk queues went down to normal (and the HDD LED also went back to normal as opposed to being constantly lit. to make a long story short: They had Open Relay on their SMTP service. The queues were loaded up. i moved the smtp mailroo...

Error in VLOOKUP REFERENCE?
The following formula is in a cell in a worksheet called MODEL. It pulls data from the named range HarvestData. Problem is, if I add a column before "M" in the named range HarvestData, effectively moving data from M to N, my lookup formula obviously no longer works. Does HarvestData need to be a dynamic range (it is not) or does the problem lie in the VLOOKUP? Somehow I need to update the column reference in the VLOOKUP when a column is added or subtracted in HarvestData. Help on this would be greatly appreciated. Mike (VLOOKUP($A17,HarvestData,COLUMN(M14),0) If you have h...

Error 2046
Hi all, Does anyone know how to trap error 2046 and have a custom massage? TIA, Tom I managed. Thanks, T "Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eG7RkuCnHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to trap error 2046 and have a custom massage? > > TIA, > Tom > ...

Badmail Admin
A newbie question on Exchange Administration: I was finally able to move some of the databases from C to another partition in my SBS 2003 installation. I am still a few gigs short of where I want to be. I came across BadMail deletion in Exchange 2003 as a possible solution to my hard drive problem and sure enough, I found about 18,000 or so *.BAD files when I did a search. I downloaded the "badmailadmin" script and proceeded to run it in verbose mode. The script executed and went trough several steps until it got to the following message on the screen: OK: Get badmail Fol...

Bad Error.
I began trying to make a query that would use information based off a filter query, w/ the goal of creating a report from the new query. To open the report i created a macro and than tried to execute it. Thats when i got the followig: "x locale has detected corruption in this file. To repair the corruption, first make a backup copy of the file. Then, on the tools menu point to database utilities and click compact and repair database. If you are currently trying to repair this corruption than you wil need to recreate this file or restore it from a previous backup." x -->my co...

Error 17092

error 2349
MS says it 's because I may have used a DVD or CD -R to install, duh it worked fine on inital install but the disks are useless after that. Any real solutions besides ripping my DVD out of my laptop? Can you replace my disks offer a patch? For more info see; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302399 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ttturner@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e93b01c46b73$d411bd80$a5...

mail merge error message
When I try to do a mail merge from Outlook using a contact file, I get the message "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." This happens whether Word is running or not. I'm not using a network and it used to work fine. Help! Post your Outlook version. Ensure that Outlook is your default mail application and that your Outlook profile is configured correctly with a mail transport. Turn off Antivirus before you start the merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mdc" <mdc@discussions.microsoft....

Error Message #5
When I try to save my data to an Access DB I get this Message Unable to write to database. Make sure database is not protected and has valid field data type. There is an extra field in the DB when I created the record tith Excel. WT_RCID is added like an auto number, but I had placed my own auto number called (Record Number). What do I do to be able to save my records in Access? Hi i couldn't find a previous post from you on this topic so i'm not sure if i'm coming into the middle of a conversation - so ignore me if i am. How are you trying to write to Access. If you&#...

Error #2950
Hi, I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table. The data is entered into the three tables via a form. I have a macro set up to create/update the single table through some make table queries and update queries of data within the first three tables. I have this macro tied a close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment. I only really need to have the single table updated daily. Do you have any good tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the qu...

Badmail directory
Exchange 2003: Is there a Microsoft Supported method to bypass messages goint to the badmail directory? I would rather make a configuration change to the server (once) that would simply "nuke" all badmail so that I do not need some other process or procedure to periodically purge the files in the badmail folder. Thanks Rob "Rob Drummond" <robd@magma.ca> wrote: >Exchange 2003: >Is there a Microsoft Supported method to bypass messages >goint to the badmail directory? Nope. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swi...

Error 18576
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3345698409_24193708 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Does anyone know how to stop Entourage from trying to send a meeting request? --B_3345698409_24193708 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Error 18576</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Calibri,...

Rounding & Totalling Error
I am using Windows XP/Office 2003 and have the following problem Tools-Option-Calculation = Precision as displayed (ticked) A B C WT RATE AMOUNT 1 24.975 2125 53,071.88 (=A1*B1) 2 24.979 2125 53,080.38 (=A2*B2) 3 49.954 2125 106,152.25 (=Round(A3*B3,2)) 106,152.25 (=Sum(C1:C2) As can be seen the total should be 106,125.26 and not .25 as displayed. I have tried using the ROUND formula with 2 decimal places and normal SUM Formula but did not achieve the desired result Can anybody point me in the right direction to achieve this? TIA Rashid Khan Hi, The end result must be 1...

value error
=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("CMT",A4)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("DIVS",A4))),(I4:J4),"") i have 'cmt' in A4 and i want the value of cells I4&J4 but i get a value error. not sure how or why, when i hit function it evaluates correctly, but it says a value used in the formula is of the wrong data type i dont know which one it is??? You have to put the formula in 2 cells horizontally and enter it with ctrl + shift & enter You cannot return a range in one cell, you could use =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("CMT",A4)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("DIVS",A4))),I4&a...

An Unexpected MAPI Error Occurred MSExchangeES Event ID 5
I have been following this http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html article to migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Everything has gone well so I have been following this Microsoft KB307917 on removing the first Exchange 2000 server from the site. I'm done except for one error: Error Event Source: MSExchangeES Event Category: General Event ID: 5 Date: 5/13/2005 Time: 11:01:20 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGER Description: An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]. I have looked at KB265397 articlie. which ...

Outlook 2007
Hello: I am confused about what ScanPST reports as errors and warnings. In my 9GB pst file, scanpst found errors which it itself wasn't able to fix, i run Datanumen Advanced Outlook Recovery, it produced a fixed file, scanpst on it find minor inconsistencies I asked it to fix and then scanpst found errors etc. Can you please give me some insight into what's going on? What are errors / inconsistencies found by ScanPST? Can you recommend any other tool than ScanPST or Datanumen's one? -- Jiri Pik jiri@jiripik.com ...

error: this doc. is already open
i just run into this problem, i have developed a local web site for our company. whereas user can print available files like: Excel/ word etc. directly from their browser with a click of a button....the files resides on the server, works okay,but after i print the files and tried to open the excell file (for editing)directly from the server directory with same computer, excel generates error that the file is already open and crashes....anyone have any idea...thank you in advance. :( --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...