backup type "copy"

I am backing up my Exchange 2003 server daily using the "full" backup
type.   I am backing this up to tape.   As another layer of protection,
I was thinking about creating a backup job that was the "copy" backup
type so I could backup exchange to another server or network attached
storage.   This wouldn't interfere with my current backup strategy, and
it would give me another copy of the database stored somewhere.  In the
scenario where I need to restore from tape, and the tape was bad, I
could then turn to this "copy".   What caveats do I need to be aware of
if I needed to restore from a "copy" backup?

0
mswall (1)

On 15 Feb 2006 13:29:34 -0800, mswall@ucdavis.edu wrote:

>I am backing up my Exchange 2003 server daily using the "full" backup
>type.   I am backing this up to tape.   As another layer of protection,
>I was thinking about creating a backup job that was the "copy" backup
>type so I could backup exchange to another server or network attached
>storage.   This wouldn't interfere with my current backup strategy, and
>it would give me another copy of the database stored somewhere.  In the
>scenario where I need to restore from tape, and the tape was bad, I
>could then turn to this "copy".   What caveats do I need to be aware of
>if I needed to restore from a "copy" backup?

Sounds pretty damn pointless as a recovery solution.

Since you have E2K3 you can make use of the Recovery Storage Group and
restore your full backup of the Mailbox Store into it. That will give
you the confidence that the backup file/tape itself is ok so that you
can say "OK, if I need to restore the tape I can assume the PFs can be
restored from it as well."

0
mark7219 (5666)

Copying and pasting emails from outlook
I have Windows 7 and am using Windows Live Mail. We have a master excel vendor list which I turn into a separtae excel spreadsheet with the particular vendors for that project. With outlook I was able to copy and paste the email address column for that spreadsheet in the BCC line and send with no problem. When I now try it with Windows Mail Live, it is unable to send because "one or more of the receipients does not have an email address. All email addresses should be valid since I can send the same email from Outlook on another computer. Any ideas? Can you give ...

Copy Posted Sales Invoice
Is there a way to copy the Account Distributions when copying a Posted Sales Invoice? I am using GP 10. Jason ...

Cannot Copy to Clipboard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4A572.056C60A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I wrote a SDI program, in the View Document, I select something and = click my Copy Function, and tract my program. I found that the program = can execuite my code but cannot copy anything into clipboard. How should = I do? The program code is: TRACE(_T("Before\n")); // Copy begin // Send 'Ctrl' Key keybd_event(VK_CONTROL, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY | 0, 0); TRACE(_T("Sent Ctrl\n"))...

Find Copy and Paste
I have yet to write any code purtaining on how to accomplish this so that's why I am asking for help. I have a list of data that is like this.... A B C "Item # 2 "Pressure 9.33E-30" ER 678, Row1 4094.78 'K, 6.543 mm/Min, 1232 mm Row2 "Item # 3 "Pressure 9.33E-30" ER 678, Row3 4094.78 'K, 6.543 mm/Min, 1232 mm Row4 " Item # 4 "Pressure 9.33E-30" ER 678, Row5 4094.78 'K, 6.543 mm/Min, 1232 mm Row6 "Item # 3 "Pressure...

Copy-Paste
Am using MS Office 2000 Premium, XP Service Pack 2 up-to-date. This problem occurs in one file only...... after copying a selection, the paste/paste special function is unavailable on any other page of the same workbook. Can anyone tell what might be causing the problem in this file? TIA MamaBee Macros can kill the cut|copy mode. Do you have any automatic/event macros that fire when you change worksheets? MamaBee wrote: > > Am using MS Office 2000 Premium, XP Service Pack 2 up-to-date. > > This problem occurs in one file only...... after copying a selection, > the pas...

How do I keep hidden columns and rows hidden when copying and pri.
I am trying to copy data from a spreadsheet to another and then merging it to lables, but the hidden columns and rows become unhidden. I have this problem when trying to print the spreadsheet, also. Have you tried grouping the columns? Mark each set of columns and do: Data; Group and Outline; Group; Columns This way the columns will remain grouped when you copy or prin -- gatwickx ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gatwickxx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Need Help With Copying Relative Formula
ello and thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction. I am running Excel 2003 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have 2 sheets in one workbook. sheet 1 is data input sheet 2 is summary I want to put this into summary ......A...........................B..........................C 1...='data input'B1........='data input'B2......='data input'B3 2....='data input'E1.......='data input'E2.......='data input'E3 I have about 100 rows each of about 10 columns that I wish to do this with. I know I can do it the long way by hand b...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I want to copy a range from one page to another. I seem that I have to have the sheet that I am copying from as the activesheet. Sheets("Display").Select Sheets("PPO").Range(Cells(3, 2), Cells(3, NumSym + 1)).Copy Sheets("Param").Cells(3, 2).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True The above will fail. Sheets("PPO").Select Sheets("PPO").Range(Cells(3, 2), Cells(3, NumSym + 1)).Copy Sheets("Param").Cells(3, 2).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True This will work. Is there a way to do ...

Memory error when copying rows
I'm getting this error "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." when I try to copy more than around 120 rows. Excel is XP, machine has 256mb ram. It does not matter how many columns are non empty in the spreadsheet, I tried it on different files. I tried copying more and more rows, at 100 rows available ram has 4mb left, then I select 120 rows hit cntl-c and it will crash and give me that error. Also I have unchecked all add-ins. Does anyone have any idea? I have searched KB but only thing came up was about name...

How do I copy/paste subtotaled data
so that only the subtotals paste and not all the line item detail? jds Collapse the list and then select all the cells that you wish to copy. Hit <F5>, <Special>, Click "Visible Cells Only", then <OK>. Right click in this selection and choose "Copy". And then paste it wherever. Don't paste it in an area of the sheet which might have some rows hidden due to the SubTotals. HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "...

Copy Paste turns numeric string into Scientific Notation
Hello, My environment is Windows 2000/XP and Excel 2000. I have users that regularly copy data out of our Datawarehouse tool and paste into excel. Some data is a part numbers that are a long "string" of numbers some with trailing zero's that are interpreted as scientific notation. (they need retained in text format.) If I preformat the spreadsheet as text, it pastes fine, but autosum does not recognize other numeric columns for summing. If I paste, and then reformat only the offending part number column as text, the scientific notation rows do not change unless I actually en...

Auto copy for outgoing email #2
Hi Everybody, Hope someone can give me a idea. Server: Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Client: Microsoft Outlook 2003 I would like to setup auto copy outgoing email of selected mailbox to another mailbox? For example, all emails sent by user A, the email be delivered to user B automatically. But the user A does not know that the email is copied to user B. Thank you for your attention in advance. Thomas S. Message journaling by putting your users in dedicated store http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html SelectiveJournaling for MS Exchange 2000/2003 http://www.ivas...

SBS 2008 Volume Shadow Copy wont start
Hi just did a new install of SBS2008, when trying to setup an off-site backup we discovered that the Volume Shadow Copy Service wont start and gives and Error 1053. the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Also WBADMIN wont start it says "catastrophic failure" when it is tried? Any suggestions? C Hello, Thanks for your posting here. When did this issue begin to occur? Has it ever worked before? Have you tried reboot your SBS 2008 server? The Error 1053 is a common error that service cannot be started due to corrupted system file or conflict with other...

copy selected accounts to CRM-Test
I have CRM Test and CRM Production running on two different servers. I wish to copy some accounts, which are unique from the others by relationship type. I want to copy these to the CRM test. 1.) Is there a way I could do it in teh Web client itself. 2.) If not, where do they exist in the SQL database. I located the Account Base in the CRM Production, but do not see a column named' Relationship Type'. 3.) How do I copy the selected data in one Database to the other database. Thanks. ...

copying word tables that have carriage returns in a cell
Is there a way to properly copy table cell data containing 'internal' carriage returns into an equivalent cell in Excel? "Pete Webb", In the (Edit >>) Replace dialog in Word 6, there's a More button. Click it & there's a Special button. One option is manual line break, selecting this puts the relevant character into the Find What box. Replace with something unique, eg: $$$. Copy the table. In Excel, (Edit >>) Paste Special as Text. Then Replace again ; Find What = $$$. Click in the Replace With box, type 0013 on the number keypad while holding dow...

copying chart
How to copy a chart and make the data activiate. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but Jon Peltier has some instructions, and some code, to delink the data in a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html KEN LAU wrote: > How to copy a chart and make the data activiate. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Searching for non-painful techniques to copy SharePoint sites from one server to another
We have some developers who are working in a 3 tiered development process - Dev, QA, and finally Production. They are developing MOSS 2007 sites, using SharePoint standard features, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, etc. They are doing quite a bit of changes to the standard master page layouts, adding web parts, linking to lists, etc. In the past, we've seen a lot of pain occur when it is time to move one of the sites from the dev machine to the qa machine. However, when we export the site from dev, then import the site into QA, the resulting site has lots of problems due to the fo...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

GP 10 and SQL 2005, copying from one server to another
Hi, We have upgraded to GP 10 and SQL 2005. We copy our databases nightly from production to another server we use as our Disaster Recovery/Test box. We have noticed now that when logging onto the DR box that logins do not work. Is there a problem bringing over the Master database from one server to another? Production is called "FXGP01" and our DR is called "FXGPDR01". Does anyone know if the password encryption includes the server name because that's all I can think of that would make logging in useless on the DR box? Is there a way to get the seurity...

Copying Text Over Into Multiple Worksheets
I created a form in Word, cut and pasted it into Excel on three different spreadsheets. How can I format the worksheet to copy the text over to the other two worksheets without having to enter text three different times? Sort of like writing on a triplicate form. Is this possible? Please advise and thank you in advance. On the second and third sheets you can have formulae like: =Sheet1!A1 in cell A1, for example. You can repeat this (by copy/paste) in all cells where you require the data to be copied from Sheet1. Hope this helps. Pete The Inquirer wrote: > I created a form in...

Copy x axis
Hopefully this ones easy!?!??! I have a chart where I want to dispaly the same x axis both at the top and the bottom of the chart. Is there a special character to throw in the "cross y axis at" box to cross y at 0 and 100 and therefreo get 2 axis? cheers nobby -- nobbyknownowt Hi, In order to display secondary axis you need a chart with a minimum of two data series. Even if the second data set is an exact copy of the first. Move the second series to the secondary axis and then right click the chart and pick Chart Options. On the axes tab click the X axis option. http://ww...

Is it possible to copy contacts AND contact activity to a public folder
When a Outlook user is connected to Exchange for the first time, is it possible to move a local contact to a public folder and keep the already present activity information. Thanks in advance Bo A simple workaround is to move the contacts to the public folder (which will move them OUT of the mailbox folder), and then move them back again to the mailbox folder (which will keep them IN the public folder). So at that point you should have the contacts listed in both places. Try it out and see! -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only...

How to 1. Jump to a specific page (in a massive document) based on a search then 2. Copy and paste an string of characters a few lines above it.
BACKGROUND/CONTEXT I am working from a very large word document, approximately 1000 pages long. Each page has one 'article' on it. I am currently doing something manually, which I would love to do using a macro. I am populating a table (which happens to be in an Excel spreadsheet) One column is the Article number 'xxxxx'. One of the other columns is a 'Topic' which is typically three alphanumeric characters (like AA1, AD4, BB4 DO6 etc.) PROBLEM/TASK This is what i have to do Step 1 - Jump to the page with the article number. Achieved by p...

inset rows and copy formatting , excel macro
i need a macro that inserts rows the same as the macro below but will also copy the formatting and formula from the row above Sub Macro1() '-- Ken Wright, 2003-08-09 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim numRows As Integer Dim r As Long Dim Rng As Range Dim lastrw As Long numRows = InputBox("How many Rows") lastrw = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set Rng = Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(lastrw, "A")) For r = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 Rng.Rows(r + 1).Resize(numRows).EntireRow.Insert Next r Application.ScreenUpdating = Tru...

need to copy/paste formula w/o it changing
Hi there! Using E02 on XP. Not a programmer but love learning better ways to do stuff. I have data being generated from an ooooold Lotus 1-2-3 file that can be pasted into Excel as values. There are 5 reports. Need about 100 cells from each for a big one page summary report. (Someone has been typing it each month!) So, I have created a file with the summary report on sheet 1 and the 5 Lotus reports are pasted to sheets 2-6. And now I'm experiencing the joyous pain of typing a few thousand formulas to link the cells. If I try to copy/paste the formulas to speed things up, Excel ke...