backup to a file?

hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape
drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a
different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng.
So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily)

I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this
possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if
needed)

thanks!!!
0
rtn (7)

Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you
can copy whereever.

--
Thanks,
Brian Desmond

www.briandesmond.com

"rtn" <rtn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a
> tape
> drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in
> different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not
> workng.
> So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily)
>
> I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this
> possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if
> needed)
>
> thanks!!!

0
desmondb (156)
6/23/2005 4:53:31 AM
NTBACKUP will happily back up to a file in a directory. I prefer that
method, anyway. Then our regular nightly backup program puts it on a tape...
Now, you not only have it on tape, but you have an on-line copy that could
get you back faster...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"rtn" <rtn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a
> tape
> drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in
> different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not
> workng.
> So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily)
>
> I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this
> possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if
> needed)
>
> thanks!!!

0
rasilon1 (689)

Is it possible to store .pdf files in an access table
I am using ACCESS 2000 and checking to see if I can store .pdf file in the same table where I store my test results. If so how I can I do that? If not in ACCESS 2000 is it possible with ACCESS 2007? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 Why would you want to? Why not store the PDF file in a folder and just store the hyperlink to the files location in the database. Storing other files in an Access database, even if it was possible, would quickly lead to a huge and inefficient database file. ...

crash in converting publisher 2000 files to 2003
I am converting Publisher 2000 to 2003 and the large files start to convert from the earlier version, get three quarters through, and then the screen freezes, and the program crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to try to beat that but no luck to date. You are welcome to send me one and let me see if the same thing happens to me. If you'd like, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "McCarthy" <McCarthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061E0A77-6630-4C3C-834E-E78EA8A54779@microsoft.com... >I...

dll programing with VC++ linking autocad exe file
I am writing a program to link with autocad exe file using MFC extension dll i can display the dialogs(property sheet) in the autocad window i have written some code in the message handler of property sheet's apply button when i click the apply button i am getting the error message like "an unsupported operation was attempted" what is the cause for this error raghu wrote: > I am writing a program to link with autocad exe file using MFC extension dll. > i can display the dialogs(property sheet) in the autocad window. > i have written some code in the message handler of ...

Disappearing Text in new excel files after format
Something has apparently changed on my Dell Latitude 610 laptop with my installation of Excel 2003. If I type text in a cell and then choose Format Cell - Wrap Text, the text disappears from the cell. It is still there, because you can see it on the edit text box at the top of the window. I do not change anything else about this text. All other formatting is at the default. It does not matter how long the text is. It can be short or long text. The font color is Automatic. The font is normal. If I unwrap the text, then it reappears. Very frustrating. Any help would be appreaciated. Th...

Cannot open excel file #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C51741.0FA67F10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable dear all I cannot open open excel program. i am using winXP with office 2000. the = error massage like billow. please help me rakesh C:\DOCUME~1\Poulin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERC5.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2719 ModName: excel.exe C:\DOCUME~1\Rony\LOCALS~1\Temp\ae85_appcompat.txt ModVer: 9.0.0.2719 Offset: 00026d69 ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C51741.0FA67F10 Content-Ty...

offline files
My laptop is set up to connect with the company lan at work. When I take the laptop home, some of my email files are available and some are not. This is aggravating when I'm at a meeting and expect to find the email with the previous minutes, but can't. What can I do? Check your sync settings while online, and make sure it's set to sync *all* the folders you want - and to do so automatically while online every X minutes, and automatically when you close Outlook. Note - non-default folders will need to be setup for offline use manually, and new subfolders will not inherit thos...

An exception is thrown when my Access 2002 database file size reaches 1 GB #2
Hi guys The case is as follows: Convert our MS Access 97 database template to an MS Access 2002 template and test that an exception is not thrown when the database reaches 1 GB. The file size limit for MS Access 2002 database is 2 GB. Test environment: Clean computer with XP SP 1 MS JET 4.0 SP7 MDAC 2.8 Our DAO application writing data to our converted database. (The DAO application is written in VC++, unmanaged code). After some failing tests also Visual Studio.NET was installed, but that did not help. When the database is filled with records an reaches 1 GB an exception is thrown from t...

Converting a publisher file
Hi I create a business card with publisher but I need to convert this file to either a tif or jpeg. Can anyone know of a file conversion that can do this? Thanks Depends what version you did not tell us. In Pub 2003 try Save As. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "Budadm" <Budadm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880D6399-87EE-4C2C-9C8B-E6A0B53F55E4@microsoft.com... > Hi > I create a business card with publisher but I need to convert this > file to > either a tif or jpeg. Can anyone know of a file conversion that can do > this? > ...

Trying to set up file for printing legal-sized (portrait) gazette
I have created an 8-page document in publisher. Each page is a legal portrait page. How do I set up the file to print a booklet on larger paper? The pages would be 17 by 28, then folded to create legal pages. I have re-ordered the page numbers so that they will work when printed 2-sided. So my page order is: 8,1 (side one); 2,7 (side two); 6,3 (side three ); 4,5 (side four). I can't seem to set it up so that each side is linked and recognized as a larger piece of paper. How do I get it to set up properly so I can send this beast off to the printer? I would think you would have to ...

CRM 3.0 Backup Question
We have a CRM 3.0 Pro install on a Windows 2003 server. There is no tape backup unit on the drive, so we've had NT Backup running backing the server up to a file on the NAS unit. I know this is not the most optimal config and I'm waiting for budget approval to get the proper hardware and software to ensure the system is backed up properly. I have SQL do a backup everynight at 10pm. At 1am NT Backup runs and backs up everything to the NAS. So I have a couple issues: 1. SQL Backup doesn't clear the logs so some of my files are HUGE when they shouldn't be. How do I fix that? 2...

Date to close file
I'm using the date code below to close the file but just figured that if the file is renamed this will fail. Is there code that will close the workbook no matter what the filename to overcome this ? Dim exdate As Date exdate = "07/12/2009" If Date > exdate Then MsgBox ("Sorry this spreadsheet has expired please use latest version") Application.DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks("Master 09 17.50 VAT.XLS").Close Exit Sub End If -- PSM PSM;564544 Wrote: > I'm using the date code below to close the file but just figured tha...

How does C# avoid needing C++ style header files?
I am new to C# and want to understand its architecture a little better. How does C# avoid needing C++ style header files? Hello, By design when you compile some code, metadata are stored as part of the generated file allowing to use those classes in a self contained way. It has all the needed info built into it. See : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xcd8txaw(VS.71).aspx (Metadata Overview) -- Patrice "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : t8CdnWMCZcduNcTWnZ2dnUVZ_hudnZ2d@giganews.com... &...

File, Edit, View etc. (pull down menus) have disappeared
All my pull-down menus in the top have suddently disappeared and I have no idea how nor how to get them back. Can anybody help me? -- Pedo00ab ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pedo00ab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378498 Make sure you are not in full screen mode, does F11 change things. There are different options used for Full Screen. Typically in Full Screen mode (F11 or under View menu) all that you would see is the menu ...

cannot import pst calendar file
I have reformatted my hard drive, now attempting to import my calendar pst file. I want to try and bring my schedule into the outlook calendar file, however, the only way I can get the file to open, is to open the pst file and copy as a secondary folder in calendar. When I try to import the calendar pst file, nothing happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you have the second calendar open, simply display it in a table format, then drag and drop the files to the primary calendar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

excel file cannot be viewed
i used access to export a table to another excel file. but the excel file cannot be viewed by just double-clicking its icon. however, it can be viewed by opening it from excel itself. why is it so? please help me. any help is very much appreciated. thank you in advance Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "FooYC" <FooYC@discus...

Microsoft Money 2002_ Closes and reopens and won't backup
Sometimes when I try to use Money, It shuts down and says it has encountered an error and needs to close. Occassionally it will work for a while and then when I switch to another program, it closes automatically. Also I haven't been able to save to cd-rom for a long time. Money just hangs and I have to reboot computer. Sometimes it won't even exit properly and I will have to reboot the computer. I am probally going to have to reinstall but has anyone else had the same problem? ...

ACH credit files in GP Purchasing
Hello, Does the Purchasing module within GP support the creation of ACH credit files? If the answer is yes -the follow-on question is: Does it support the creation of CCD + records with the TXP addenda structures for the various State EFT tax programs? Finally, if stock GP does not support this, are there any good third party applications which handle it? Thanks, Greg ...

Removing duplicate files
Hi Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and then to remove them? Thanks Regards 'Fast Duplicate File Finder Identifies Extra Copies :: the How-To Geek' (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/the-geek-blog/fast-duplicate-file-finder-easily-identifies/) -- whs ...

MFC Activex + cab file
Will MFC activex works from .cab files & please expain how to create cab project and its requirements. yes it would. make MFC link staticly. Microsoft does provide a utility to generate CAB files for activex control. Plz google it. <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165222046.769184.138030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Will MFC activex works from .cab files & please expain how to create > cab project and its requirements. > ...

Factory pressed dvd movies, ps2, psp, xbox, xbox 360 backups for sale !!! #3
We're offering all the latest factory pressed high quality dvd movies, ps2, psp xbox and xbox 360 silvers with factory printed colour inserts at fantastic prices, whether for personal use or reselling. We're shipping worldwide with various shipping methods. For resellers, please contact us for bulk discounts. For a complete list and prices, please email us at glory@spankthedonkey.com (Please state the type of list that you want and tell us your location as the prices varies for different locations. If you're reseller, please state the quantity you wish to order per shipment and w...

Making a file stick
Hi, Does anyone know if there's a way of making a particular file stay o the file menu? There's one file which i need every day but sometimes it goes off th recently used file list and i have to go find it again. The thing is can't move it from where it is currently and don't really wanna put shortcut to it anywhere. Jame -- jamesrya ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamesryan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1335 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26914 ...

outlook 2002 .pst files
I am trying to make a back up of my outlook information. I hake read http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm I can not find any pst files on my machine win-xp pro. I hate to be so dense, but when I do a search no files to display. What am I not doing. Sammy Castagna You need to configure Windows Explorer to show you all hidden/system files. Once that is done and the next time you do a search, you need to go into the advanced options of searching for files/folders and configure it to show hidden/system folders. (Part 1 is done under Tool | Folder Options | View tab) -- Neo [MVP Outlo...

Problem opening an .xls file
I use Excel infrequently so this may have a simple solution. When I list files in Explorer and click on a file that has the .xls extention, Excel opens and displays the file I wanted, BUT ... it also has a message the says that " the file xxx.xls is already open. You cannot open two files with the same name" or something like that. It does this with every file I open from the Explorer list. I also tried a desktop icon that points to an Excel file. Same result. If I open the file from within Excel, there is no problem. I am running Excel 97 (Office 97) with both service pac...

lost outllook pst files
Hi folks I went to resend an email the other day, but the damn thing took a fit and lost all my inbox, contacts, sent items ect and said something like " outlook was unable to open folder. errors have been detected in the file C:\ doc and sets\ECT, quit all mail enabled applications and then use inbox repair tool". I ,like a tool, went and used detect and repair which just reloaded Outlook. i have since found the inbox repair tool" program files\common files\system\mapi\1033\nt\scanpst.exe, But it could not fix anything it went through archive .pst OK, and personal.ps...

mapi and .dll files missing
I recently reloaded outlook and now it can find these files so it wont load up anything but the default and I can create new folders or anything. Any ideas? ...