Backup Exec 9.1. Where is public folder backup located?

Hi All,

Using BackUp Exec 9.1 SP1 on an SBS2k Server.

I was reviewing my backup selections in a new installation of BE and noticed
that under the selection "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I only see
"Internet Newsgroups." Where is my public calendar? But I see the "Public
Folder Store" under "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group".

In addition, I also see the "Mailbox Store" under the same group of
"Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group".

Is this by design? Has it always been like this but I never noticed?

Note that the HTTP Exchange Virtual Server is disabled in this case, if this
makes a difference.

Thanks
John

0
john8463 (6)

Public Folders better at disappearing than David Copperfield?
Question on Exchange 2000 SP3 Std. / 2003 SP1 Std. replicas... How is it that you can create a replica, confirm it was sync'ed on another server, and then it vanishes when the original server's has it's public folder store dismounted? What value is there to the replication instances and synchronization processes if your folder never truly re-homes? I'd not like to use pfmigrate... What else should I check that is missing? Insert 25� <vretnaDontSpamMe@netzero.net> wrote: >Question on Exchange 2000 SP3 Std. / 2003 SP1 Std. replicas... > >How is it that you can...

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Read Only Folder
I would like to create a 'Read Only Folder' or a 'Password Protected Folder' in which I can add spreadsheets to without having to individually protect each spreadsheet. cwt This is a function of Windows OS(or whatever OS you are running under), not Excel. For Windows, see Start>Help "permissions"(no quotes). Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:33:53 -0700, "cwt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to create a 'Read Only Folder' or >a 'Password Protected Folder' in which I can add >s...

VBA: Open Most Current File In Specified Folder
I'm setting up a module that will grab a specific .xls and organize it for production as well as load the information into Crystal for archiving. In the past, I have always directed the user to save the .xls as "AnyFileName" in a specific folder and the module would pick it up at a scheduled time. This has me relying on the user to not make any mistakes in naming the file. Is there a produre in VBA that will open the most current file in a specified folder? The macro below should work OK. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub FindNewestFile() With Application.FileSearch '// ...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

Dynamics 9 in education environment
Everyone: Would like to set up Dynamics 9 in an education environment, not sure if I should install dynamics locally on workstations or use a server environment. Each student would have their own company. Previously with v7.5, and pervasive btrieve, had dynamics locally and students backed up their company data to a flash drive, and then when they came to class again, restored their data to that workstation. ALso kept backup at certain points of the training incase they needed to go back to a certain point. Not sure what the best solution would be now that version 9 is on SQL da...

Office apps will not run after upgrading to Office 12.1.9
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I launch Word (or any of the Office apps), I get an error message which says, "You cannot open the application "Microsoft Word" because it is not supported on this architecture. And for each app, the icon changes to the circle with a slash. As I recall, everything was fine under 12.1.7 prior to the upgrade. I subsequently ran a utility to repair the permissions (per a previous post with the same error with 12.1.7 on a PPC platform). No luck there. OSX is at 10.5.7 Appending the original post, I ...

Default Locations
Hi - I'm using the Oracle Calendar connector for Outlook 2003 and want to redefine my defaults a little bit. I'd like to have Mail and Calendar default to Oracle Connector, while Contacts and Tasks both default to my personal folders file. Is there a way to do this? Thanks very much, Greg. I don't know anything about the Oracle Connector but I don't think Outlook allows default folders to be in different files. They should all be in the default mail store file. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please re...

Column showes 1 2 3 instead of A B C

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

=?Utf-8?Q?ROUND_problem_excell_2003_70_=E2=80=93_6?= =?Utf-8?Q?9=2C3_results_in_0=2C700000000000003?= =?Utf-8?Q?00?=
We have the following problem with excel 2003 When subtracting something from 70 we get round of problems Example: 70 – 69,3 results in 0,700000000000003000000000000000 Is this a known issue? Regards, Joost Keijer Hi Joost, <Is this a known issue?> Yes. Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Joost Keijer" <Joost Keijer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1BBCA8-2082-47F4-944A-0F449F6B0374@microsoft.com... | | We have the following problem with excel 2003 | | When subtracting somet...

HELP! Need to save in Excel 2.1 format
Hi I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format files. How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? I'd really appreciate any input, even link to some external convert program. Thanks Hi, Why you don't try to save it as excel 5.0 It should work when saving as scroll almost to the bottom there you will find excel 5.0 "Poppe" wrote: > Hi > > I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format > files. > > How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? > > I'd really appreciate any input,...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

ndis 5.1 in windows 7
Hi all, I would like to know whether ndis 51 miniport driver will run on windows 7. (just running, no performance) . I have built my NDIS 51 miniport with WDK - 7600 , windows 7 build envirnment. In driverEntry I am getting "NdisMregisterminiport" returns failure. (return value -1073676283) . So the driver wont even load. Do I need to port my driver to 6.0 or 6.2 to make it work on windows 7 ? Regards, Subhash For certain link speeds you will not be able to WHQL certify an Ndis 5 driver and will need a 6.x one, but as far as loading and working, Ndis 5.x drive...

Close a Folder
Here is the VBA code used to open a folder from a command button; Private Sub Go1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="D:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Products\" & ComboBox1, _ NewWindow:=True ActiveWorkbook.Address("D:\Documents and Settings\Michael Groll\Desktop\Products\Honeywell").Close End Sub The second item in the code isn't correct at all for closing the folder. Is it possible with VBA and, if so, how do I write the code. Thanks Activeworkbook.Close -- HTH Bob Phillips "aftamath" <aftamath@discussions.microsoft....

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

Deleted Items #9
Hi, Is it possible to delete the contents of the 'Deleted Items folder' for emails that are more than 2 weeks old only? I have checked the properties of the Deleted Items Folder\Auto Archive \ and selected permanently delete items and chose clean out items more than 2 weeks old. Is this the correct procedure? thanks, PL3 Hi What you can do is create a mailbox recipient policy in Exchange, you can then set this to delete all items in the Deleted Items folder in users mailboxes that are older than 2 weeks. regards ade "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > Is it possible t...

BACKUPS #2
When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info require a seperate backup? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, hogbreath wrote: >When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info >include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info >require a seperate backup? Thanks. It's included. ========= 2006 suggested backup procedure Money 2006 introduces a useful multiple backup file feature. In M06: Tools->Settings->Bac...

Backup file #2
How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? Thanks, Tom Try Tools - Options - Save. This will automatically save a copy of your file every x minutes to the directory of your choice. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote: > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? > > Thanks, > Tom Do I need to set up my file to always create backup? Does this...

Format Cells #9
Is there any way to prevent text from extending into adjacent blank cells? (as the default setting) Hi use 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'word wrap' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KPK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:130ec01c4434e$26cd8610$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to prevent text from extending into > adjacent blank cells? (as the default setting) We actually do not want the text to wrap, we just want it to truncate. Thanks, Kieran >-----Original Message----- >Hi >use &#...

Exchange Front End Backup Frequency
Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End Exchange 2003 Standard 2003 AD native/native Front end has empty store mounted for SMTP forwarding. What frequncy would you recommend backing up the front end server since it holds no real changing data? Can I get away with once every week? (hopefully) Backend has sufficient backups every day in place. Thanks for your help, Harry On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:34:14 -0400, "Harry Bates" <harry@NOSPAMrocksystems.net> wrote: >Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End >Exchange 2003 Standard >2003 AD native/native &...