Backup error Access Denied

I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't
figure out how to fix it.  It is only happening on one mailbox.
"Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon
Doe  [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail
Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)."  Help Please

0
MrEd (7)

  Can you access the mailbox from a mail client?  If so, you can use mdbvu
to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message
in there.

If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think
they are 'smart' by deleting all client permissions from their mailbox
before they leave.  In this case, you can give access perms to an admin
account via the M: drive, and then access the mailbox via a client.  (If you
are using Exchange 2003, then you have to re-enable the M drive drive
letter.  There is a KB on how to do this.)

Lastly, you can use
http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html to view
and fix perms on mailboxes as well.

"MR ED" <MRED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't
> figure out how to fix it.  It is only happening on one mailbox.
> "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon
> Doe  [jdoe]?Top of Information Store?Sync Issues?Server Failures?Mail
> Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)."  Help Please

0
tfelts1 (344)
3/14/2005 4:18:57 PM
What is and how do I use mdbvu? and Yes I can access the mailbox from the
client.
Thanks
Ed

"Tom Felts" wrote:

>   Can you access the mailbox from a mail client?  If so, you can use mdbvu
> to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message
> in there.
>
> If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think
> they are 'smart' by deleting all client permissions from their mailbox
> before they leave.  In this case, you can give access perms to an admin
> account via the M: drive, and then access the mailbox via a client.  (If you
> are using Exchange 2003, then you have to re-enable the M drive drive
> letter.  There is a KB on how to do this.)
>
> Lastly, you can use
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html to view
> and fix perms on mailboxes as well.
>

> "MR ED" <MRED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't
> > figure out how to fix it.  It is only happening on one mailbox.
> > "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon
> > Doe  [jdoe]?Top of Information Store?Sync Issues?Server Failures?Mail
> > Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)."  Help Please

0
MrEd (7)
3/14/2005 4:37:02 PM
The tool to use is MDB Viewer Utility which can be found on the Exchange
2000 server CD-ROM in the SUPPORT\UTILS\I386 folder. Copy the following
files to a handy folder on your server:-

Mdbvu32.exe
Propvu32.dll
Statvu32.dll
Tblvu32.dll
Xvport.dll

This Mdbvu.exe utilty needs to be run as the user who has the corrupt email
on a workstation with Outlook installed. Make sure this user doesn't have
Outlook open anywhere else. Once Mdbvu.exe is open you can navigate down the
users Mailbox to the Top Information Store, then Inbox, find the offending
email by its subject line. Ensure when you opened the mailbox you selected
read/write permission, then with the offeding message selected, select
lpFolder->DeleteMessage() and delete the message. Suggest you look around in
read-only mode first to gain confidence then open it read/writer

> What is and how do I use mdbvu? and Yes I can access the mailbox from the
> client.
> Thanks
> Ed
>
> "Tom Felts" wrote:
>
>>   Can you access the mailbox from a mail client?  If so, you can use
>> mdbvu
>> to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the
>> message
>> in there.
>>
>> If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users
>> think
>> they are 'smart' by deleting all client permissions from their mailbox
>> before they leave.  In this case, you can give access perms to an admin
>> account via the M: drive, and then access the mailbox via a client.  (If
>> you
>> are using Exchange 2003, then you have to re-enable the M drive drive
>> letter.  There is a KB on how to do this.)
>>
>> Lastly, you can use
>> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html to
>> view
>> and fix perms on mailboxes as well.
>>

>> "MR ED" <MRED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't
>> > figure out how to fix it.  It is only happening on one mailbox.
>> > "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file
>> > Jhon
>> > Doe  [jdoe]?Top of Information Store?Sync Issues?Server Failures?Mail
>> > Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)."  Help Please

0
tfelts1 (344)
3/14/2005 4:54:48 PM
It is time to re-examine your backup strategy. Please read excellent
http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm

MR ED wrote:

> I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't
> figure out how to fix it.  It is only happening on one mailbox.
> "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon
> Doe  [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail
> Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)."  Help Please

0
kpalagin (1838)

Integration Registration error
Bonjour! I have installed GP and Integration manager in febuary, I think, we are at one week before hte launch of the new fiscal year with GP and we have this error in the integration manager. ''The distination could not be initialized due to the following problem:'' ''Registration Key have expired'' How can I fix this problem or get another reg key?? Regards, Joel:) Contact your reseller. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.Accola...

OWA HTTP 500.13 error...
Hi Guys, I'm finishing up the process of setting up exchange server for the medium sized company I work for. It is Exchange Server 2003, SP1, on Windows 2003, SP1. I have installed Sybari Antigen 8. The hardware is an HP DL 380 with 4gigs of ram and 2 XEON 3.6ghz CPUS. The Server has 3 raid 1 mirrors. System, Transaction log, and mail store are on separate mirrors. About 3 weeks ago I got this error when I tried going to OWA (SSL, FBA): HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy. Internet Information Services (IIS) At that point I shrugged it off, restarted IIS, and t...

sending & receiving reported error(s)
Task 'Chris - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'Chris - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' This account worked on first send. Not on automatic with seco...

No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I am on a home lan, my win 2000 computer is sending and recieving email, the win xp computer is not. I can ping mail.comcast.net and can brouse the interinet. I have installed all the lates critical patiches last Friday and the email worked ok. The next day the xp email stoped. Comcast cs says that it is a fire wall or anit virus issue. The win xp firewall is off and Norton antivirus...

MAPI Error..
Hi, I need some guidance for solving the below 2 error messages. The application log keep showing the error messages below when I have agent scripting firing in the public folder of my outlook. I really have no clue how to resolve these problems and what causes these problems. Please help. Thank you. Source: MSExchangeES Event ID:5 Description: An unexpected MAPI error occured. Error returned was [0x80004005] Source:MSExchangeES Event ID:15 Description 0x80004005 occured while trying to run a timer-based agent http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=265397 In the last exciting episode, jacyli...

Microsoft Outlook Error Message
I want to start using MS Outlook for my e-mails. I am currently using Outlook Express. When I try to open MS Outlook, I get the following error messages. "The OUTLLIB.DLL file is linked to missing export MAP132.DLL:239" and "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't find my Office 97 disc. Is there a way to fix this problem without it? Thank you, Jay I forgot to say that I am using Office 97. Thanks, Jay >-----Original Message----- >I want to start using MS Outlook for my e-mail...

Access 2007 Data to Excel
I am using Office 2007. I currently link to 10 queries in Access to create an updateable report in Excel (management wants it in Excel). One query after another is linked in one workseet viewed as tables. When the data is updated the number of rows may change in the table causing many rows between my subreports - one time I may have 52 states listed then only 10 the next time so the next subreport after state will have 42 empty rows before it. Is there a way to keep a consistent number of rows between subreports without having blank rows in the subreport? ...

Hide divo error
I have the following formula in cells for future months. I would like to hide he divo result for months wihout data. my formula is =F37/SUM(F37:F38) I tried to enter this as =IF(ERROR(F37/SUM(F37:38)),"-",F37/SUM(F37:38) as I found in online help. This formula does not work either. Can anyone give me the correct formula to hide the divo error message for my formula? -- Cassie Try this one: =IF(ISERR(F37/SUM(F37:F38)),"-",F37/SUM(F37:F38)) Micky "Cassie Rodgers" wrote: > I have the following formula in cells for future months. I ...

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Not a master browser error.
We have a Windows network with both Windows 2000 & 2003 servers, clients are XP with some Macs that authenticate logons within AD. Recently our "System" log file became full with the same error & warning messages over & over, they are: The warning message is: "The browser has received a server announcement indicating that the computer W2KSERVER2 is a master browser, but this computer is not a master browser." The error message is: "A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network. The IP address of the machine that sent the message...

Error compiling MFC code with 2003 toolkit
Couldn't find this question answered elsewhere, so here it comes: Installed .NET (2002) and then the 2003 C++ command line toolkit so that I'm compiling with the latest. Used the App wizard to start a new (dialog-based) MFC app. Hit compile and I get this error (followed by pages of others): c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio ..NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h(195) : warning C4346: 'ATL::ChTraitsBase<BaseType>::XCHAR' : dependent name is not a type prefix with 'typename' to indicate a type c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio ...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

error message in Microsoft Publisher
Hi, ever run into this? When trying to save a document in Microsoft Publisher 2000, I get "<nane of file> - Microsoft Publisher:MSPUB.EXE - Application Error. Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program." As a result of this message, I am unable to save files in Publisher. Sounds like you are running on a network and not saving the file to the local hard drive. You have given no information about the version of Windows you are using or the environment this program is working. -- Thanks for replying. We are running on a network. The...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

Outlook caused error OUTLLIB.DLL
Outlook 2000, Windows ME. I get the following error message when closing Outlook: "Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL. Outlook will not close." The KB has many items on OUTLLIB.DLL, but not this particular issue. Also, I've seen this question asked before, but no replies on how to fix the problem. rob.calm I found something myself in the KB that worked. KB310413 dealing with the interaction between Outlook and Mcafee VirusScan. The error was different than mine, but the procedure suggested eliminated my problem. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

MSVCRT.DLL error...
Recently, when starting Outlook 2000, I started getting the message: "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:7800d4fl." & Outlook quits. I have tried the following: Making sure I had the latest service packs & updates Ran the repair office option from the install disk Completely removed & re-installed Office 2000 Replaced the MSVCRT.DLL file from the Win98 disk Ran the MS Libraries update And am still getting the same results! Can anyone help? Thanks- FYI, I'm running Win98 on a PII 500MHz with 64MB Ram. (I know, it's a dinosaur!) ...

OWA access via HTTP mail? (or other bulk forward OWA option)
I have an Exchange account that is only accessible via OWA; they have disabled Exchange and IMAP access. They are running an older version of Exchange, probably 2000. I want to download/forward all the mail in the account. Is there a way that I can use the HTTP Mail account support in Outlook (2003) to access the account? Are there any other options? Thanks. Dan Yes, set the OWA URL as the server location. I believe it is an unsupported feature though. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more....

Error 8197
I have been getting this error for about a week or two. The error reads: Type: Error Category: General Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine XXXXX. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. The store is running and fully fuctional. I'm running Exchange on a Server 2000 SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. I'm getting this error every 50 minutes. I have researched this error but there isn't a solution that I see fitting. I haven't really seen a solution at all. I don'...

outlook addressbook error
Dear Sir, I made a changes in the contact folder which created in the public folder tree ( MAPI) and also force the replica to propagate to the other Exch. servers in the enterprise, but the problem occured in the client side after changes in the server side, which is when i trying to choos the contact from the public folder contacts ( which already enabled to show in addressbook), in every client i need to do 2 steps, remove and readd the Outlook address book service and the enbale the public folder for showing in addressbook. I have 200 clients. there is any solution for that to avoi...

AutoAccept Agent
Hello, I have recently setup the AutoAccept Agent for Exchange 2003. I initially created successfully some resources, and tested them with success. Things seemed to have gotten gummed up though. The agent does not seem to be working now and no responses are sent to the end-user. Meeting requests sit in the resource inbox and to not get moved to the calendar. Using this command: cscript registermailbox.vbs /m:resCCCsm@domain /U I get this error: Error Executing Query : -2147024882 Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. Error deleing store event for file://./ba...

Access Fields
I am creating a database for SAE (Serious Adverse Events) for Protocols dealing with cancer. We have several protocols (i.e. E2805, E5202, C80405, etc.) which have the same SAE. Instead of typing a new form for each protocol number, is there a way that I can put in several protocl numbers with one SAE number. Example: E5202 - SAE#12345 E2805 - SAE#12345 C80405 - SAE#12345 The SAE number may also have a follow-up (i.e. SAE#12345 F/U#1) which may include multiple protocols. Can anyone help? Thanks, Kathy "kjstec" <kjstec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...