Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes ...

Hello

Every 3 or 4 weeks duriung the Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private
Mailboxes , I encounter one of possible two errors. I just came on board with
the organization, and this been occuring since the June 2006 installation of
Exchange.

I never know which error I will get

I currently have Exchange 2003 running on:

OS Name Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition
Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790
Other OS Description  R2
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name EXCHANGE2K3
System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
System Model PowerEdge 2850
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A05, 1/9/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.2.3790.1830
(srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447)"
Total Physical Memory 4,095.08 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.40 GB
Total Virtual Memory 1.84 GB
Available Virtual Memory 276.50 MB
Page File Space 2.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Boot ini File stated:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard
3GB" /fastdetect /3GB  /USERVA=3030

Could this be a memory issue?

Anybody else encountering this?

Log files for 2 different errors are:

[6084]  Started PerfMon update thread (Id: 4916)
[6084]  Performance monitor update thread running
[6084]
[6084]  Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes ...
[6084]
mapi(591) Dest Adams, Adam  MAPILogonEx() error: 0x8007000e
[6084]
mb_item.cpp(2809) Adams, Adam  open_pst_store() error: 0x8007000e
[6084]

(250 lines Omitted exactly same way)

mapi(591) Dest Zinecker, Zinny  MAPILogonEx() error: 0x8007000e
[6084]
mb_item.cpp(2809) Zinecker, Zinny open_pst_store() error: 0x8007000e
[6084]  The XBSA transaction was not committed; the save operation did not
complete.

or

[3056]  Performance monitor update thread running
[3056]  mapi(247): MAPILogonEx() = 0x8007000e: unknown error -2147024882
(0x8007000e)
[3056]  svmain(930): begin_mb_item_backup() failed with status = 0x8007000e
[3056]  The XBSA transaction was not committed; the save operation did not
complete.

When it goes through correctly I see;

[5372]  Started PerfMon update thread (Id: 4244)
[5372]  Performance monitor update thread running
[5372]
[5372]  Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes ...
[5372]  /Private Mailboxes/Adams, Adam 29 MB   806331 bytes/second

[5372]  /Private Mailboxes/Zinecker, Zinny  50 MB  1733690 bytes/second
[5372]  The backup of Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes completed
[5372]  Processed 218808 items 9430 MB  in 3:06:32  862837 bytes/second

 Thank you

0
HenryJ (3)

Backing up mailboxes, also known as bricked backups, should be unnecessary
if you set a reasonable period for deleted item recovery and deleted mailbox
recovery.  In the very rare event that you would need to restore a mailbox,
you can restore to the recovery storage group and use Exmerge to restore the
data, considering it a test of your backup media and recovery procedures,
which you should be doing from time to time anyway.

You should be backing up the Information Store object, and, if you want, any
or all files except those in the Exchange *DATA directories and the SMTP
virtual server directories.

If you choose to ignore my advice and use this time-consuming and
error-prone brick backup process, be advised that it's a feature implemented
by the third-party backup vendors and is not native to Exchange.  Therefore
you should direct your questions to the vendor of your backup software, a
very important piece of information you neglected to specify in your post.

It just so happens that you've likely made a very good guess, though, since
MAPI error code 8007000E is MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"HenryJ" <HenryJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> [3056]  mapi(247): MAPILogonEx() = 0x8007000e: unknown error -2147024882
> (0x8007000e)
> [3056]  svmain(930): begin_mb_item_backup() failed with status =
> 0x8007000e
> [3056]  The XBSA transaction was not committed; the save operation did not
> complete.
>

> When it goes through correctly I see;
>
> [5372]  Started PerfMon update thread (Id: 4244)
> [5372]  Performance monitor update thread running
> [5372]
> [5372]  Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes ...
> [5372]  /Private Mailboxes/Adams, Adam 29 MB   806331 bytes/second
>
> [5372]  /Private Mailboxes/Zinecker, Zinny  50 MB  1733690 bytes/second
> [5372]  The backup of Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes completed
> [5372]  Processed 218808 items 9430 MB  in 3:06:32  862837 bytes/second

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/21/2007 10:44:16 PM
Hello Mr. Crowley,

Thank you for taking time to reply to my post.

Unfortunatly the corporate choice to do Brick Backups was made long ago.
I will now lookinto EMC Legato Networker's customer support regarding this
issue.

I felt is was a Legato issue, as you confirmed "it's a feature implemented
by the third-party backup vendors and is not native to Exchange."

You have been very helpful.
Thanks Again,

0
HenryJ (3)
2/22/2007 2:21:05 PM
Hello people,

for anybody following this thread,
I have received information regarding this:

EMC Support Note Information

Subject: Mailbox backup fails with "Out of Memory" error when running the
NetWorker Module for Exchange 4.01 or earlier

Note: Fact: Windows 2003
Fact: Exchange 2003
Fact: NetWorker Module for Exchange Server 4.01
Symptom: Mailbox backup fails

Symptom: Database backup is successful
Symptom: Storage Group backup is successful
Symptom: Exchange 2003 mailbox backup fails with error 0x8007000E
(E_OUTOFMEMORY)
Symptom: Error: 'IServiceAdmin::ConfigureMsgService() = 0x8007000e:
unknown error -2147024882 (0x8007000e)'

Symptom: Problem doesn't start at a specific mailbox but keeps persistant
for the following mailboxes after the error once occured
Fix: Upgrade to the NetWorker Module for Exchange, version 4.1 for a fix.

===

Thanks again to Mr. Crowley for sending me in the correct direction!
peace....
0
HenryJ (3)

Microsoft CRM Data Migration FrameWork
Hi, I've installed the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework on a MS-CRM 3.0 server. All seems okay, but when I run it, it shows me an exception: Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.Shell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debudgging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x10c (268), Thread id=0xf24 (3876). Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application. Please help - what to do? what to install etc. I'm getting the exact same error. Is anyone aware of a solution? "Thomas Nielsen" wrote: > Hi, &...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Exchange Configuration #2
I have Exchange 2003 as a member of a 2003 Domain in a T1 . What ports do I need open in the T1 firewall and for what purposes? how do I access exchange from the outside? we have a web site on the outside thus, I am told that the web site needs an MX record - the IP of the exchange server. thanks, Raul Rego You will need port 25 for SMTP mail. Port 80 or 443 for Outlook Web Access. MX records really don't have anything to do with websites, but everything to do with being able to receive internet mail. So yes, you do need an MX record, but pointing to your mail server. "...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

Exchange Resources
I am trying to reverse engineer the setup of the exchange resources at a site I am working at. Basically I haven't done this in a while but I need to setup conference rooms and projectors so that the resource will auto accept the meeting if the time slot isn't booked, then provide permissions to appropriate people that can open the calendar and override the settings if need be? How do I do this? See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm. Each room and = other resource will need its own mailbox.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft O...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

IMAPS on Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, does the Exchange 5.5 understand the handling of secure IMAP? Or do i have to upgrade the server for that? Thanx for any help. It supports IMAP over SSL. See article 175439 for more information. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Testament" <Testament@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D526D56E-6AC1-40C5-8452-6FDBC218AA06@microsoft.com... > Hello NG, > > does the Exchange 5.5 understand the handling of secure IM...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Exchange problem #7
I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting stuck in Local delivery queue!!! There are 4 emails in it right now to 3 different people with my org!! Why is this happening!! everything on MS site doesnt seem to apply!! thanks so they never get delivered? does the sender ever receive an NDR on the message? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#I7TQqANGHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting > stuck in Local delivery qu...

translating microsoft office to iMac 9.0.4
Help! I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of 'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC. Any help on how to perform this translation would be appreciated. Thanks, lds Hi!! CAn you please let us know the OS on the PC. Are these computers networked? Naren "ellen2" <ellen2@gwi.net> wrote in message news:BD48D79E.5B1%ellen2@gwi.net... > Help! > > I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of > 'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC. > Any ...

MSN messenger and Exchange 2003
Hi, Is it possible to use MSN messenger connect to Exchange 2003, so that staffs can talk to each other witin the Exchange 2003 environment ? If it's possible, how exactly can that be done ? I am trying to find some step by step doco but with no luck so far... Is this setup recommended or it's something that better to avoid ? TIA Steven You can do it with Exchange 2000, but microsoft have shifted it to Live communication server fro 2003. Its like an internal msn. "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSL4s6uJGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We have multiple sites at various stages of our migration from Ex 5.5 to Exchange 2003... Each site / location have their own Exchange server - localized. All sites has its own routing group but the migration plans to make them all part of ONE routing group (don't know if this makes any difference) Question: ====== We plan to install the new Exc 2003 in our local site "besides" our local Exchange 5.5 server - since we will not use our existing routing group (we will use one main one), is there anything I need to do installation wise or config wise to accomodate this? Do I...

directory update exchange 5.5
I just removed a secondary smtp address from a user however after several hours the user still recieves emails from the removed address. Did i miss something tks angelo ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Problems Exchange 5.5
I greet , I have problem. Situation is following: If on one of servers on which the exchange stands the user be put the X , and on different server the list distributional ( from expansion the server: any), which owner is the user the X , This in outlook user X has not right to modification users' letters. It between servers be put "directory replication" Regards Pawel On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:11:20 +0100, "P***" <prap@op.pl> wrote: >I greet , I have problem. > >Situation is following: > >If on one of servers on which the exchange stands t...

Microsoft Money 2002 #6
When backing up to floppy, it only downloades scheduled items on "on line banking." It does not pick up any checks written. What's wrong? In microsoft.public.money, Kit wrote: >When backing up to floppy, it only downloades scheduled >items on "on line banking." It does not pick up any >checks written. What's wrong? I don't know, but let's make sure that those who might understand the question. Are you saying that you backed up to floppies, and you then did a Restore from the floppies using File->Restore from Money 2002. The restored fi...

Exchange 2003 OWA corrupt?
We have recently installed a new Exchange 2003 server onto Windows 2003 server. OWA worked out of the box during are initial testing but since the day we added about 40 users using Outlook the web site has never worked again. All that is returned is a page of missing links and icons. Has anyone else seen this strange behaviour? To my knowledge nothing has been altered on the Exchange machines since our testing & reboots have no effect. ...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Exchange Server in Child Domain?
Hi, I am rather new on W2K/Exchange and need some help. I have one branch office with a W2K3 domain called ABC.com which is a part of the company's forest. In ABC.com there is one Exchange Server 2003 running, with administrative group called AG-ABC which is part of Company's Exchange Organization. There is one business unit that will be joined to the AD of that branch office. For some reasons, I want to create a child domain for this business unit, Unit1.ABC.com. My questions are: 1. Will members of Domain Admins group of ABC.com have full access on the child domain's resource...

AWStats config errors for logging Exchange 2003
Using the AWStats FAQ on sf.net, I setup a awstats.mail.conf file to pull the message tracking logs from an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Here is the log format taht http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MAIL specified: LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd" and Log Seperator of: LogSeparator=" " However, when running, it tells me 1/2 are dropped and 1/2 are corrupted. I've never tried awstats with exchange, so not sure if the log format line was designed for a eariler version of exchange. Below is perl output, and ...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 03 can't resolve name on Exchange Server 4.0
When I try to connect the Outlook 03 client to the Exchange Server 4.0 I get an Microsoft Office Outlook message box that says "The action could not be completed. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restrictions." This is a small business that only uses the Exchange Server 4.0 for internal e-mail for six clients and they don't want to spend anymore money to upgrade the Exchange Server which works fine on all the other client computers. Thanks for your help! On Wed, 17 May 2006 07:04:01 -0700, JamieP <JamieP@discussions.microsoft.com>...

can exchange 2003 configure for multiple forest?
Hello, can I configure an exchange server 2003 for multiple forest user accounts? Thanks for your help, Hunter ...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Exchange 2003 "message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server" #2
Hi!! Do any of you guys have and idea what this message means? This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator. I have 2 x 2003 servers in the same admistrative group, cant send an emial between them, they get stuck in a queue on the opposite server. Can email out to externasl addresses fine, and recieve fine, just hot between the 2 servers in the sa,e administrative group Cheers John ...