Back up Client List in Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Exchange

Hi, I hope I am now in the correct group to get an answer. I  posted  as follows and received the following answer to get me to this group (I believe):  May I ask for any assistance with the question and thank you in advance for it. Lynd

Subject:  Re: outlook 2003 public folders of custom list
 From:  "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> Sent:  6/9/2004 5:25:18 AM

1) This sounds like a question for the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group, since it involves backing up your server store

2) I am not clear on whether the Client Contact List folder is in a user's mailbox or the Public Folders hierarchy

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author o

"Lynda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag
Hi, I am trying to resolve an issue we have with a 5  workstation workgroup sharing the Client Contact Lis
always owned and housed on the local machine of one of the  workgroup, OS Win 2000/the 3 other machines have XP Pro. We have a Dell server using Small Business 2003 version  5.2 (3790)and we are hosting our own domain with email o
the server via Exchange version 6.5.6944.0 and are running  Symantec Antivirus SBE 8.1.0.825 with Mail Security 4.
(although Mail Security was just loaded and the issue  preceded the installation). We have a Power Vault 100
DDS4 20/40GB internal TBU with Veritas Backup Exec Power  Suite version 9.1.4691 running on it. What the issue is
how do we back up the Client List which is shown as a part  of the Public Folders in Outlook 2003 on all our systems
but when we go to manually do a backup and  look for the  Client List, it is not there to select. There is
subfolder and another List that is shown under the same  public folder and they are seen but not our Client Lis
which preceded the updating of Outlook from 2000 to  2003.The Client List icon shows a vcard rather than
folder. Does this identify how Windows sees the information? Is there a way to select it for backup? I
not, what suggestion might you have for backing up this Client List? We have 3 different lists in Outlook tha
need to be backed up and the same apply to all. Would upgrading workstation hosting lists to XP Pro provide additional resources?  I would prefer to backup all lists along with that days tape  backup.  A secondary question has to do with how each workstation receives the Client List into their Outlook.. the number of items is different in each. Some are different by only 10 items and some many more. Why would this be if the owner of the list shared it out to the group, should i
not be an identical list? Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated

0
anonymous (74721)

"Lynda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I hope I am now in the correct group to get an answer. I  posted  as follows and received the following answer to get me to this group (I believe):
> May I ask for any assistance with the question and thank you in advance for it. Lynda
>
>Subject:  Re: outlook 2003 public folders of custom list
> From:  "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> Sent:  6/9/2004 5:25:18 AM
>
>1) This sounds like a question for the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group, since it involves backing up your server store.
>
>2) I am not clear on whether the Client Contact List folder is in a user's mailbox or the Public Folders hierarchy.

The Contaqcts list that you can all see under the Public Folders view
is in the Public Information Store in Exchange.
You will be backing this up every day as part of your nightly backup
procedure.
Tell us how you're backing up? If you have Backup Exec then you
possible also have an Exchange Agent that you bought with the
product.....

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Outlook2003 Distribution Lists
I have many distribution lists. A single contact can belong to many distribution lists. How do I find out in which distribution lists a single contact belongs to? I'd like to be able to organize all contacts in my distibution lists into the correct lists if they change over time. ...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Internal and External Account within same Outlook client
Hello all, I will explain this issue the best I can as I am still a bit baffelled how it even was working. I have a client that has uses an internal exchange 2007 server with the domain jj@abc.local for sending internal emails and an external account ap@duh.com for external customers to contact them. Within the Outlook client both accounts are setup. The internal one is setup as an Exchange account and the external is setup as POP3 with the external being the default account. Only about 5-10 people have external and internal accounts with everyone else just having internal. ...

2003 Layout => 2002 Layout
I have been using Outlook 2003 for a couple of weeks, one small problem is the new layout, is it possible to make it look like 2000/2002 layout 'cos I can't bear it? You can move the new preview pane to the bottom. try view | reading pane | bottom. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jon Cook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d6a01c3e357$2ddffde0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using Outlook 2003 for a couple of weeks, one > small problem is the new layou...

Microsoft Access: How do I create a drop down list that stores the index value, but displays text value?
For example: I have my primary table called Projects with headers as follows: Projects ID, Project Name, Project Leader ID And I have a second table called Project Leaders which stores Project Leader ID as the primary key with headers as follows: Project Leader ID, Project Leader Name I am trying to create a Project Entry Form that displays and has a drop down of the Project Leader Names, but stores the Project Leader ID in the Projects Table. Thanks for your help! in your form, use a combo box control. set the RowSource to the Project Leaders table. number of columns, 2. column widths...

Outlook 2007 frequent "not responding"
HI y'all I have Outlook 2007, connected to an exchange server running on a Toshiba Satellite U500 (model PSU8CA-01D014) running Windows 7 (version 6.1 build 7600). I have two users set up, one for home and one for work. The home one also uses outlook with a POP3 connection to my ISP email account (and works flawlessly). The work user connects to the exchange server. The problem I have is that on my work (email) account, Outlook is constantly temporarily freezing, fading to "not responding" then coming good again (temporarily). The problem only occurs when using the mail...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

Data List #2
In relation to an earlier question, I am looking for a way of creatin box which displays the contents of a list, which when clicked on can b copied to a current cell, but other items added to this list. For example, in one spreadsheet a list of; John Paul Peter In another spreadsheet, a view of this, so that the values can easil be copied over, but also the abaility to add another name. Something like.. [Players] | John | | Paul | | Peter | ... [ADD NEW] Any ideas? Many thanks, Mic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mich Lookup data validation. It is very straigh...

IMAPS on Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, does the Exchange 5.5 understand the handling of secure IMAP? Or do i have to upgrade the server for that? Thanx for any help. It supports IMAP over SSL. See article 175439 for more information. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Testament" <Testament@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D526D56E-6AC1-40C5-8452-6FDBC218AA06@microsoft.com... > Hello NG, > > does the Exchange 5.5 understand the handling of secure IM...

Convert Lotus Organizer 6 Data to Outlook 2003
hello NG, i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared one by one by hand wich is a very unnoying task. isnt' there a different solution? a tool, a filter or something? thanx for any hint, tom Tom H. Lautenbacher <13-jules@gmx.net> wrote: > i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to > outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a > text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared o...

alphabetize a list
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to alphabetize a list that is just typed in as text, with hard return at end of each phrase? Thee list is not in table or mail merge format. Hi, this can be done in Word, but the option is well hidden. Select your text, then click on Table>Sort, and you'll be given the possibility to enter your sorting criteria. On 14/01/10 16:47, yoshore@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Is there a way to alphabetiz...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Strange Outlook question !! Gurus please help !
ok guys ill 1st tell you what i want to do, i have a buisness which sells software that uses "keys" lets say i have a text file with 100 unused keys in it. i have my website, with my advert and also i paypal buy it now button setup with a "unique id", they press buy, pay and i get the paypal notification, (myoutlook checks for mail every 5 mins) now outlook sees the topic, and through IF statements sees IF topic = Item. no 33432 THEN SEND : BBUT i know you can send individual emails and texts, but i want to send 1 line of text from a document and then remove it, so th...

CRM Client for Terminal Services - Error Addin not loading
Hello everybody, i figured out why the crm ts client is often not loading with the error "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook or contact your system admin if errors persist.". There is a little bug in the terminstall.cmd. If you use the default script you will get an error that your client is not up to date. That's because the crm addin is version 3.0.5300.1 but in the registry KHCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient you will see 3.0.53.00.0. You will find the same build number in the terminstall script. Don't change it!!...

When accepting Meeting Request, reply goes to distribution list
I have one user with a strange problem. Every time he accepting a meeting request (from any users), the reply goes to a distribution list which has all users in the department as member. I have cleared all delegates, then deleted old Outlook profile, recreated the profile twice... but it didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix it? ...

Outlook Follow-up on Messages
I'm having trouble with the Follow up feature in Outlook 2003. I like to be reminded to follow up on email messages, so I r-click on a message, choose Follow Up, and then choose Add Reminder. I can then set a date and time for the reminder, as well as a flag color. However, the reminder never goes off-- I never get reminded to follow up. I would appreciate if anyone can provide help on what I may be doing wrong. Thanks! GC Is the message in one of your default folders? It only works there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

I use client ID #s. Some begin with 0. 0 needs to show
I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How can I get the Zero to show? hi, you can format the cells as a text, hope this helps Regards from Brazil Marcelo "rmingle" escreveu: > I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How > can I get the Zero to show? You can also use a custom format: Suppose you ID numbers have 7 character including the leading 0 then do this: Select the cell(s) Press Ctrl-1 In the numbers tab select custom. In the box "type" enter 7 zero's HTH "Marcelo" wr...

Outlook Client Default Install Directory
Hello All, Is it possible to change the default install path of the CRM client? Thanks, Mark ...

How do I connect to our Microsoft Exchange server for my emails?
I have installed Outlook 2007 and it will not connect to my company's Exchange server from my house. It will connect though if I'm at the office. My IT guy said everything is configured correctly on my machine. What am I missing? It's hard to say wtihout knowing your configuration for remote access. Do you have a valid internet connection? Are you using VPN? Are you being challenged for your credentials? When your IT person tests your remote access, does it work? Are there any error messages and/or numbers? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Number of items listed in Name Box
Hi All, Does anybody know how you can increase the number of items that show in the drop down Name Box Field. Currently there are 7, but I am sure I have had it set up with more in the past. Thank you for any suggestions. K. I haven't seen a way to increase the number of items displayed at a given time in the name box drop down. It was increased to 30 from 7 in Excel 2003. -- Jim <vega953@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c29c587a-c78a-4885-81ba-5007e8f24557@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... | Hi All, | Does anybody know how you can increase the number of items that show | in the...

Minimizing Outlook
How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it does NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Thanks "heshie" <heshie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A823326A-9342-4382-8604-75212FA98E05@microsoft.com... > How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it > does > NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Right-click the icon in the system tray and either check or uncheck "Hide When Minimized" as you wish. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thats the way it works, wh...

Exchange problem #7
I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting stuck in Local delivery queue!!! There are 4 emails in it right now to 3 different people with my org!! Why is this happening!! everything on MS site doesnt seem to apply!! thanks so they never get delivered? does the sender ever receive an NDR on the message? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#I7TQqANGHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting > stuck in Local delivery qu...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Newly migrated clients still dependent on old server?
Greetings all. Last week I migrated a client from a single NT 4 domain controller that was also running Exchange 5.5 to a single 2003 AD DC that is also running Exchange 2003 SP1. I used the ADMT to migrated users, with SIDHistory. User and data migration went off without a hitch. The Exchange migration did not go so smoothly, in part because this was my first one. I initially tried to use the Migration Wizard, which failed. I then installed the Active Directory Connector on the 2003 machine and configured a connection...still no joy. Finally I resorted to using Exmerge to export/import, ...