Automating mass Outlook connection to Exchange

We are bringing Echange 2003 in house (currently our pop email is being
out-sourced).  I need to connect all user's Outlooks to connect to the
Exchange server.

Is there a way, like a script or something that I can do this automatically,
instead of me sitting in front of 90computers?

I'd appreciate being pointed to the right direction.
Thanks,

hi,
you can a assist ExProfre.EX
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=56f45ac3-448f-4ccc-9bd5-b6b52c13b29c&displaylang=en
--

"John Smith" wrote:

> We are bringing Echange 2003 in house (currently our pop email is being
> out-sourced).  I need to connect all user's Outlooks to connect to the
> Exchange server.
>
> Is there a way, like a script or something that I can do this automatically,
> instead of me sitting in front of 90computers?
>
> I'd appreciate being pointed to the right direction.
> Thanks,

Slowdown of Outlook
I'm running Outlook from OfficeXP on a 2.8 gig pentium IV with 1 gig memory. After XP has been running for a while, Outlook goes into creep mode. Clicking on an email to open can take as much as 5 seconds. If I reboot, Outlook runs normally for a while. Does anyone know what might be happening here? Thanks, Dick Bosworth Standard question - do you have Instant Messenger Integration active? Tools-Options-Other. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

Outlook 2007 Safe Senders still go to Junk Mail
I see discussion of this but no resolution. I have Office 2007, and senders who have been marked as safe continue to go to Junk mail folder. I am using the "No Filters" option, but this makes no difference. Does anyone have a work around? -- pjsm61 ...

Outlook & Outlook web access??
I am curious as to whether I can retrieve my email from web access in my Outlook 2002 (like you can w/msn,earthlink et al). The web access is NOT user friendly nor is it very efficient. OR do I need to up grade to Outlook 2003?? OR am I stuck with just using web access as my email manager?? PLEASE HELP?! Thank you Vali Jo <vjhansen@modjeski.com> wrote: > I am curious as to whether I can retrieve my email from > web access in my Outlook 2002 (like you can > w/msn,earthlink et al). Outlook Web Access and Outlook are simply two clients that both work with the Exchange se...

Mass Item Delete
Hello, I have about 40,000 line items I want to delete from Great Plains (6.0 on SQL2000). It's too many to delete one at a time via the GUI. I tried deleting from tables IV00101, IV00102 and IV00105. However, "check links" re-adds all the part numbers I deleted with "Added via Check Links" as a description. What other tables might these be in? They do not exist in IV30300 at all. I'm deleting them because they are just taking up valuable space and have no purpose (they did about 15 years ago, but not anymore). After deletion, I want to be able to do m...

Mass edit of SMTP addresses
I need a method to edit all of our SMTP address. The acounts were created without case. And now we need to go upper case First.Last@xxx. Suggestions On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:30:05 -0700, Rasman <Rasman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a method to edit all of our SMTP address. The acounts were created >without case. And now we need to go upper case First.Last@xxx. > >Suggestions Noooooo. Case might be preserved in smtp addresses but it's not sensitive. What makes you think you need to change from first.last to First.Last? Who suggested you might want to do...

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Outlook 2000 and attachments
One of my XP Pro/SP1 machines with Office 2000 SR1 ran out of hard disk space; everything did work fine. I swapped the 8 GB HDD for a roomy 30 GB drive. Now when trying to send out email with attachments; Outlook 2000 responds with "Cannot open or find file". Email w/o attachments go out fine. Email coming in with attachments are also OK. When browsing to locate the target attachment, I obviously find the find file so the path is known. I tried an Outlook "Repair" and also tried to "Re-install" the entire Office package. Still can't send outbound attachme...

html in Outlook
I have an html page that I want to send as an e-mail. I can't seem to find a place in Outlook, where you can add HTML to the E-mail. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

Exchange Native mode and Notes Connector
I currently have Exchange 2k3 mixed mode with front end back end architecture. with one Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2000 advance server as Lotus Notes Connector. If we want to move to Exchange 2003 native mode will there be any impact on the Connector. note: the domain mode is W2K3 native mode. Regards, Tony ...

Outlook Send/Receive button
When I click the Send / Receive button I get an "Operation Failed" error. I can send emails and receive emails. Does anyone know what might be the problem?? Your install could be corrupted. Try running "detect and repair" unde help. Be sure you have your software disk for Office ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com ...

Random Outlook crash when printing email
I'm running Outlook 2007 SP2 and I have these random Outlook crashes (unable to duplicate when I want it to) when I'm printing my emails. After the crash and reload, I'm able to print the same email without having it crash again. I did find a few post about deleting OutlPrnt, but it does continue to crash from time to time. Any clue on this? Some people say KB972363 is causing the problem. I too have a couple users experiencing this issue. Deleting OUTLPRNT has helped reduce the frequency of these crashes, but they still occur. We are printing to HP printers (most...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Still having Outlook performance problems
I need some help to speed up my Outlook 2002 SP 2 program. When I navigate around within Outlook, there seems to be a 5 second delay for everything. My account was over 700megs but I cleaned it up to under 60 megs thinking that would help and nothing changed. "Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook" is not selected. Help, Donny ? >-----Original Message----- >I need some help to speed up my Outlook 2002 SP 2 >program. When I navigate around within Outlook, there >seems to be a 5 second delay for everything. My account >was over 700megs but I cleaned it...

how to set up my outlook 2007?
i am trying to set up my outlook 2007. while i typed all my information in, there is a box saying "access to hotomail via outlook and outlook express now requires a subscription.please sign up at http://join.msn.com/general/email" i opened the webpage,and it was actually an upgrade offer for my email account, i could not find any thing related to "subscription". i am really anxious..hope anyone who could help me a lot! thanks a lot! You need to sign up your Hotmail acct for a Windows Live Hotmail acct--for free. Look up 'Outlook connector' in help or Google o...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Outlook 2003 ERROR MAPI32.DLL is Corrupt
I just purchased a new laptop and I am trying to install my Office 2003 software. Word and Excel open fine but when I click on Outlook I get the following message. Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall Outlook. I tried reinstalling but I get the same error. I am running windows 7 on a core i7 64 bit processor. What can I do to get this up and running? I don't think there is any messaging softwareinstalled. Thanks for any input Cole Easy...

outlook xp will not start
I can not start outlook xp. I get an hourglass as if it is trying to start but nothing. I repaired my files with the original cd and nothing. I unistalled and reinstalled Office and nothing. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks, Ron Does it start in safe mode? * Start > Run > type: outlook.exe /safe > ok button If yes, try renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.bak while all e-mail enabled apps + outlook are closed. (file is in a hidden/system directory) "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b8301c470a5$ffaa6b90$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Exchange certificate error outlook 2007
We installed a GOdaddy SSL certificate on our exchange 2007 server. On our outlook 2007 clients we are getting an outlook 2007 certificate error. It looks like its pointing to our firewall (see attached file) The error : This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. We follewed instructions on how to install the certificate from digicert.com. I assume these are correct. We also checked out this blog http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/10/outlook-2007-certificate-error/ I'm wondering why the certificate is po...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Outlook 2000 rules don't work
I have been trying to get the Outlook 2000 rules to work to filter keywords in the body of the email. I try to "Run Rule" and check th rule I wish to run against the Inbox and nothing happens. I have tried to "Mark email as Unread" and that has not worked. Any ideas... Also I downloaded the wallpapaer/stantionery and installed it and cannot find how to use it. Thanks, frankm I too am having a problem with this also. So far I have pinned it to the spam itself. It seems the filters will NOT search HTML text and to add to the problem most spammers have been breaking a ...

Want to use both Outlook Express and Outlook
I have two email boxes, and I want to keep them separate. I'm presently using Outlook for one and Outlook Express for another. If I delete a contact in the address book of Outlook Express, it deletes it in Outlook too. How do I keep them separate? Also - is it possible to I run two Outlook programs instead of Outlook and Outlook Express? "Linda H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13dce01c3f95c$adcf7e70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email boxes, and I want to keep them > separate. I'm presently using Outlook for one and &g...

Slow Outlook performance on network
I have a 5 clients on a network running Outlook2000 & XP on Windows 2000 & XP Pro. The Outlook .pst files are stored on a central Windows SBS2000 server. The network is 100mbps and is fast, however when in Outlook the performance is slow when scrolling through e-mails and other items. It takes ages for a simple plain text preview to come up. There are about 500-1000 messages in a clients .pst file at any one time. The spec's of the server are: AMD XP 1.7ghz, 1gb ram, 2x 40gb 7,200rpm IDE hdds (software raid). What could the performance problem be? Maybe I need SCSI hdd's, but ...

Outlook 2007 ole registration error in Terminal Services 01-13-10
Hi, I'm using Terminal Services with Citrix to supply users with the Outlook 2007 client. I've removed Citrix from the equation in testing and found the error is reproducable simply by adding Outlook to a vanilla TS environment, so here is my problem. When using Outlook 2007 with Windows Desktop Search 4 on a Win2003 R2 server I'm recieving "An OLE registration error has occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I've tried deleting Application Data files for Outlook in both local and roaming profiles and...

Delegating Contact control that allows Exchange Properties control
I've created an OU for Contacts. All of the contacts are mail enabled so that I can see them from outlook. I want to give control of these contacts to another. I've created a MMC view for just this OU for the user. No matter how I delegate control, the user only has access to the contact portion of the contact properties. They aren't able to make changes (or even see) the exchange properties. They also aren't prompted for e-mail / exchange info when creating a new user. I'm assuming that some additional Exchange security is required here, but I want it to be as l...