Automatic Subject Line Taging

I have a user that wants to have each message sent to a particular DL
to have specific text injected to the subject line. He wants to do this

so its easy for the recipients to create a rule to move those messages
to another folder.

Has anyone seen anything that will do this?

Basically they want to send messages to a DL with Subject "Project
Update".  But when delivered to the users, they want it to read
"[Public Works Community] Project Update"

Any ideas??

0
gf1 (14)

If all messages to that DL need to be tagged with a particular keyword in
the subject and the only purpose is to be able to create a rule, why not use
the DL's name itself in the rule?
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

<gf@pbsj.com> wrote in message
>I have a user that wants to have each message sent to a particular DL
> to have specific text injected to the subject line. He wants to do this
>
> so its easy for the recipients to create a rule to move those messages
> to another folder.
>
> Has anyone seen anything that will do this?
>
> Basically they want to send messages to a DL with Subject "Project
> Update".  But when delivered to the users, they want it to read
> "[Public Works Community] Project Update"
>
> Any ideas??

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Automatic backup daily
Can any one tell me how can I back up my Access database automatically every day. Support group does a snapshot on nightly basis but I want to do a backup from my side. It can be a seperate copy or overwrite daily morning, what ever is the best way. I want to know the sequence steps that I can do using windows schedular to run daily if possible. Thank you -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You might try these two links. I don't know if they will help you but good luck. This one talks about automating access backup: http://www.access-programmers.co...

Using extender on Purchase Receipt Items lines
I don't know if this question correspond to this Discussion Group; if not please advice where to address it. I would like to use extender to add a field per line items in the Receipt window. I want to record the actual cost the Vendor placed on thier invoice sent with shipment (right or wrong). The purpose is to compare Vendor's cost against whats originally negotiated. Whats the best way to create a field per Items lines using extender? Question answered. I got the field in the Grid. I didn't see the grid option in the Extender window setup; works excelent. "...

Printing packing lists automatically
Hello: In GP9, is there a way to be able to print packing lists automatically? With the help of one of the SQL Reporting Services sessions at Convergence, I think it can work, but does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. -Joe Hi Joe, If no luck with GP 9 please take a look at Messenger by Liaison. You can set up unlimited rules per business form and if you like trigger certain forms to be transmitted (via email, fax, print, etc.) based on your GP data. www.liaisonsc.com Best Regards, Tom Nielsen Liaison Software 800.811.4618 x201 "Joe" wrote: ...

how to automatically enable controls' xp theme in a dialog
In the dialog generated with previous version of vc, the controls automatically display as xp theme. But, when i use the newest version of vc and build a dialog,and the controls display as classical windows theme. My question is how to make the controls automatically enable xp theme when the theme is enabled. thanks, best regards, kywoo ...

Set the number of line characters in Outlook (Plain Text)?
I need to set the line characters in Outlook so they don't look awkward when emails I send are received. I assume 68 characters may be a good length, but I have been unable to locate where to make adjustments. "LKV" <LKV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD89E737-801C-4BE4-BE7C-9FBD66999BCE@microsoft.com... >I need to set the line characters in Outlook so they don't look awkward when > emails I send are received. I assume 68 characters may be a good length, but > I have been unable to locate where to make adjustments. You didn'...

LIne item in SOP
I would like to know of a why to reflect milestones on a sales line item. What I mean by this is the product needs to get various stages completed before it can be released to the ultimate customer. Such as quality control testing and approval for licensing of the product. Does anybody know of a ISV that would be able to handle something like this? Need to keep track of about 18 milestones for each line item in a sales order. Thanks If you consider customizing it, please, let me know. We can help you. inquire@flogility.com "Precipio" wrote: > I would like to know...

Integration Manager - SOP Line Detail
I am trying to set up a SOP Sales Invoice Integration to bring in sales invoices produced in another system I would like to bring in the tax amount per line as part of the integration but cannot get this to work as there is not a tax amount defined at Item Detail level. Has anyone any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks -- JB JB, In IM, the Items collection has a Line Item Taxes subcollection where you can map the Tax Detail ID (which will need to be created already in GP), Tax Amount, and the Total Sales being taxed. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global ...

Automatically Add Rows
Is it possible to have Excel automatically add rows, ideally a new row each month? I know you can use dynamic ranges to increase the range each month, but I'd like it to "physically" add a row in addition to this, so that I don't have to manually insert a row every month. Also I posted this on another forum without a response, so here goes: is it possible to have Excel dynamically change (add/delete) rows given user inputs? My problem is that I have a lot of data and would like the user to be able to enter a given begin/end date and have excel only show the data from thos...

How to select cells (located in a column) for formulas in a row automatically?
Hello How to use cells (located in a column) in formulas in a row automatically? I cannot copy the formula to other cells in the row because the coping moves the selection to another column, not to a another row in the same column. Use a $ (dollar sign) infront of the row or column you do not wat to change. "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:OqbeN%23lzFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to use cells (located in a column) in formulas in a row automatically? > I > cannot copy the formula to other cells in the row because the ...

Dismounting public folders and mailboxes through a command line
I'd like to make a batch file for isinteg after running eseutil. It requires that I load up the information store which I can do through a command prompt. How do I dismount the two from a command prompt? Thank you See this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/command_line_st.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23PMgvawdEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'd like to make a batch file for isinteg after running eseutil. It > requ...

Getting rid of random white lines in Excel
There are bold white horizontal lines appearing randomly in some of my worksheets: where I have filled a group of cells in colour, they show up. They look like cell borders but they aren't, nor are they drawing objects, nor rows that have been reduced in height. Deleting the rows above/below one of the lines does not get rid of it. Deleting the columns that it spans does seem to make it disappear - however that will cause problems for the contents of the worksheet. Has anyone experienced this problem and how do I get rid of it? Sounds like they could be page brakes. Did you print o...

how to combine a vertical line chart into a bar chart?
i need help in combiing this 2 types of chart for my project can anyone help me plesae Can you use a column chart instead of a bar chart -- BlueDaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BlueDaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2746 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56930 Hi, You need to create the line using the chart type XY Scatter rather than Line. There are some examples here. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy e4ella wrote: > i need help ...

Update Price A,B&C automatically when I change Regular Price
Hi, I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices for A,B,c and regular prices. Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change based on previous relationships like this example. Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A would auto change to 2.20 and so on. This would really be a time saver!! thanks in advance. an auto change is possible only with database, or only with an add-on, but no...

Can not adjust row height. The line snaps back.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel This is an unprotected form for which I need to adjust row height to get it to fit on one page. When I &quot;grab&quot; the row, it snaps back. The only way to do it is to adjust cells in Table Properties. In my old word, I could just grab and move the line. Have you set a specified a height for the rows and that is giving you this problem? Check in table properties/row and also check properties/table/options &quot;default spacing between cells&quot;. ...

Automatic addressing
When you send an email to someone, Outlook "remembers" that email address and keeps it somewhere. Now, I have entered another email address for that person in my contacts list, but the default always comes up as that original address, and I can't figure out where it is stored so I can delete it. I'm always sending emails to the wrong address for this person, and want to delete that "remembered" address -and probably many others that I sent an email to one time only. Anyone know how? Thanks! Just highlighting the bad entry when it pops up, and then pressin...

how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or checked by coding ?
> > how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address > > automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or > > checked by coding ? I need to judge it and change "Obtain DNS server > > address > > automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"; > > Are there any api or other methods to get it? AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote: > You can call GetAdaptersInfo(...). The DhcpEnabled member of > IP_ADAPTER_INFO tells you if DHCP is enabled or not. > AliR. AliR Thank your reply.but if D...

OWA .. Automatic innlogging on a server.
We have two Exchange 2003 servers, call them A nd B. Some of our users have their mailboxes on A and others on B. The "problem, the way our users prefer to call it" is that when a user starts Outlook WebAccess, the innlogging will of course be forwarded to either server A or B. Let's assume A is the default server for innlogging. When a user has his/her mailbox on server B, another window will open so the user will log on to server B, where he/she has his/her mailbox. That means all users who have their mailbox on server B must try to logon twice. Is there a way to make this go ...

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

sorting automatically
i paste this code to code sheet but i dont know how can i sort my data after that and what is this code Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "A:C" '<== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then Me.Cells.Sort key1:=Me.Range("A1"), order1:=xlAscending, _ key2:=Me.Range("B1"), order2:=xlAscending, _ heder:=xlYes End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents...

Automatic Updates clearing some settings in Outlook 2003
Whenever Automatic Updates are done on computers, there are several users who find that several settings in Outlook 2003 are cleared. These include the signature, stored autocomplete email addresses, and the configuration that makes the Contacts folder visible in the GAL. Anyone seen this problem and found a fix? ...

DataGridViewComboBoxColumn change to automatically update DataGridView
I have a standard DataGridView. One of the columns is a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn. When I select one of the ComboBox items, I want to trap the change and add additional columns based on the item selected in the ComboBox. I've tried using CellValueChanged for the DataGridView column, and a bunch of other events, but none of them is fired when the DataGridViewComboBox value is changed. What event can I trap to make this happen? Right now as I said, I am using CellValueChanged, but of course the event doesn't fire until I click on another cell... -- Message posted via DotNetM...

Catalog Merge templates do not line up when printed
It appears the "next record" logic in the Publisher mail merge logic is missing when attempting to print any document that has more than 1 copy per sheet? Publisher will only print data from one record per physical page and not move to next record for each postcard on the page. ie) 8.5" x 11" paper, 8.5" x 5.5" post card, 1 column per page, 2 cards per page But has anyone, in the MVP community, created a workaround? Being a long time user of MS tools, we always had to hack around the MS shortcomings. I'm not a Publisher expert and need to get a fix...

Return multiple lines for each record
OK, I'm hoping I'll describe this right, but bear with me. I have a table of values I need to generate a list from. This list will have 2 or three lines per record. As an example, here is the table layout User, Score, Transaction, StartDate, EndDate, Pct, Comment I need a query that will output as follows Line1: Comment1 Line2: Score1, User1, StartDate1, EndDate1, Pct1 Line3: Comment2 Line4: Score2, User2, StartDate2, EndDate2, Pct2 etc. etc. Basically, a query that will allow me to generate a flat file with 2 lines per record. I know this doesn't make sense as to why I wo...

There should be user defined fields on SOP lines
There should be user defined fields on SOP lines ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4db900e2-549f-40d2-bc4d-f32e802109bd&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains I ...

Howto automatically BCC each mail I send on outlook2003?
Hi, I am trying to convert myself from mozilla to outlook 2003. One of the features I love with mozilla is that I can automatically BCC each mail I send out to myself. How can I do this with outlook 2003. Preferably, each mail account should have its own BCC. Michael ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ OK, I found out that I can create a rule to CC the mail to myself. I there a way to BCC to myself? Michael -------------------------------------------...