autoforwarding

Just installed Exchange 2003.  In the old version you
could set an account to not only deliver to an Outlook
inbox on the Domain but also to forward the mail onto a
home address - can't find the settings to make 2003 do-
can anyone tell me where to find them.  Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

"Shona" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Just installed Exchange 2003.  In the old version you
>could set an account to not only deliver to an Outlook
>inbox on the Domain but also to forward the mail onto a
>home address - can't find the settings to make 2003 do-
>can anyone tell me where to find them.  Thanks

It's the same as it was before but instead of creating a custom
recipient you now create an AD Contact and mail enable it with the
home email address.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

OWA vs. Autoforwarding
We are in the process of upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have staff members who work outside of the office but have company email addresses and any mail being sent to the company's email address is being forwarded to their personal email (such as hotmail, yahoo, etc.). I've read online about some corporations that do not allow this but instead offer web access for any external employees. Are there any know issues with autoforwarding as opposed to having each employee use OWA? Does offering autoforwarding place a burden on exchange server administration? Is there a typi...

autoforwarding
Just installed Exchange 2003. In the old version you could set an account to not only deliver to an Outlook inbox on the Domain but also to forward the mail onto a home address - can't find the settings to make 2003 do- can anyone tell me where to find them. Thanks "Shona" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just installed Exchange 2003. In the old version you >could set an account to not only deliver to an Outlook >inbox on the Domain but also to forward the mail onto a >home address - can't find the settings to make 2003 do- >can ...

Rules
I have set up my bosses email to auto forward emails containing the words meeting - meet - minutes etc. How do I stop auto forward for emails that I am in the TO list (As I end up getting 2 copies 1 from the sender and 1 from the bosses auto foward) -- Cheers Ed "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EA5A7B4-1800-49C7-B3EC-1389C0EC3031@microsoft.com... >I have set up my bosses email to auto forward emails containing the words > meeting - meet - minutes etc. How do I stop auto forward for emails that I > am > in the TO list (As I end up...

Autoforward Rule Question
We are a large Org, and this particular User waould like top do the following: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 When this User gets mail, the User would like to use a rule to Autoforward the mail item to another mailbox BUT with format change to always be HTML. Is that possible?. -- Amin M. not using rules - you'd need to write VBA to do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

How do I remove a contact from AutoForward?
I am trying to remove a name from an automatically forwarded distro llist and I can't figure it out--help! In news:858F2F36-3412-4D7C-AF1A-8937AB1AC230@microsoft.com, Nan Wolf <Nan Wolf@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to remove a name from an automatically forwarded distro > llist and I can't figure it out--help! What do you mean by "automatically forwarded distro list" ? Please repost with a lot more detail, including your version/SP level of Outlook, etc. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > > > In news:858F2F36-...

Autoforwarding problem
Am using Outlook 2K sp3. I am trying to auto forward email, with the rules wizard, from certain parties to others in my orginization. Problem is that if all emails are internal user(s)@mycompany.com regardless how many they all get forwarded. But if I try to send to and outside email address (jondoe@anyisp.com) the emial does not go. when setting up a distribution group and using it I get the following 'forwadrtrial1' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'forwadrtrial1'instead? Am I doi...

autoforwarding #3
Thanks for your reply. But when I select properties\exchange\delivery option\Forwarding, I can only select email addresses that are in my Active Directory. I can't type in an email address from a different domain. It will only allow me to browse the Active Directory for users/email addresses. Any ideas? Thanks. Peter "Jammyù�ٴ�" <jammylo@ms4.honet.net.NOSPAM> �b�l�� news:%23hQ47Q4uEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl �����g... > Yes,Exchange 2000 has this option! > Opent Active Directory and computers\select any user account that you want > to config,right cli...

autoforwarding #2
Hi, I know that under Linux systems they use a ./forward to automatically forward email when it is sent to a particular email address. Is there something similar to that in Exchange 2000? Thanks. Peter Yes,Exchange 2000 has this option! Opent Active Directory and computers\select any user account that you want to config,right click properties\exchange general\delivery option\Forwarding address... -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Billyboy" <yungp@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D :clm0uh$qrq791@imsp212.netvigator.com... > Hi, > > I know that under Linux systems they use a ./forw...

Stop autoforward to the Internet
I would like to stop end users to autofoward to the internet on our domain. We are running active direcotory Win2K in mix mode and exchange 5.5 is on WinNT 4.0 platform. Thank you in advance De Look on the properties of the Internet Mail Service. You'll see the Notifications button (Can't remember exactly which tab it's on) There are a few tickboxes to prevent and restrict Out of Offices and NDR's etc. It's less refined in 5.5 than in 2K/2K3 but it's still configurable. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to stop end users to autofoward to the inte...

Flag Autoforwarded Messages with Rule
I autoforward emails that I get from a specific client to one of my users, but I also send regular emails that are not autoforwarded to him. In order to distinguish the ones that are autoforwarded, I want to be able to flag (on his machine) those messages after they arrive. There is a field called Auto Forwarded and that is checked, so I want to be able to check that field when the email arrives and if Auto Forwarded is true, then flag it. (I tried just showing the Autoforwarded check field, but my user says that's not enough...it's particularly bad if he's looking for a specifi...

Autoforward email after office hours
Is there anyway that we can set the rule to autoforward emails after certain hours and cancel the autoforward at a certain hours ...

some mails are unable to autoforward to a contact
Hello, I have a recipeint who mailbox account is configured with autoforward to a contact(External email address). All the mails sent to the recipeint from the members in the same organisation are autoforwarded to the contact.But the external mails from Internet which are sent to the recipient are not autoforwarded to the contact. Please let me know your views on this issue. Thanks Vinod Kumar In ESM, under Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, Default properties, Advanced, "Allow automatic forward". Vinod wrote: > Hello, > > I have a recipeint who mailbox acc...

E-mails Autoforwarded unintentionally
About 2 weeks ago, we had a situation where myself and another person started receiving e-mails that were apparently auto-forwarded to us. When certain e-mails were sent to a user, that e-mail was forwarded to us. There was a separate user who was getting e-mails intended for other users. This happened for about an hour and half and then stopped. I checked with the users, who are pretty well versed in using Outlook, etc. and they had NOT turned on auto-forward and definitely would not have auto-forwarded e-mails to me, so I'm wondering if there are cases where Exchange does this...

Autoforwarding messages frmo a mailbox
Is it possible to autoforward email messages from a mailbox on my Exchange Server 5.5 to another valid internet email address that is not part of my domain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can create a custom recipient representing the external account and then in exchange administrator you configure the custom recipient as an alternate recipient for your mailbox. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Autoforward inbound email to Internet
Hi We have an Exchage 2003 SP1 server hosting a public domain name. Some of the recipients are local to this exchange server (probably 10). However a further 100 or so need their email forwarded to different email addresses on different systems over the Internet. What's the easiest wway of implementing this? Regards Andy Create mail-enabled Contacts for those people with their external address as the targetAddress. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ----------------------------------- "Andrew M" <AndrewM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D08DBB-C967-4B...

server side rule for autoforwarding outgoing?
Hi, I was wondering if there were a server side rule for autoforwarding all outgoing emails? We have a helpdesk shared email and we want to have a public folder as the recipient of all of these. All the rules for outgoing seem to be client side. Is there a way to do this? Thanks In news:O6Rt1t7ZGHA.4580@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, - <-> typed: > Hi, > > I was wondering if there were a server side rule for autoforwarding > all outgoing emails? We have a helpdesk shared email and we want to > have a public folder as the recipient of all of these. All the rules >...

Can I set a rule for AutoForwarded messages?
The head in my office sends mails I don't want. Specifically, it seems like he has set AutoForward to some sorts of news letters from various sites. I'm currently using Outlook 2010 and in the header it says "This message was AutoForwarded." Of course he sometimes sends mails I need to read so I can't block all of his mails or his mails that start with "FW:". Is there any way I can set a rule for AutoForwarded messages? I'd like to move them to Junk E-mail folder. No, there is no rule for this. Why not simply ask him to remove your address from h...

How to tell if a mailbox has an Autoforwarding rule enabled?
I was wondering if there is a way to centrally see if users have or not enable Autoforwarding rules on the mailbox. The idea is to avoid looping issues and autoforwarding to all users in the Org. And just want to know if i can report or search for an attribute somewhere that could tell me if autoforwarding is enabled or not. Thanks a lot in advance for your help! Martin H. ...

Outlook 2003 on Exchange
Dear all, despite of searching for days now, I couldn't find a solution to the following problem: We are a 3-person team in a small news agency, that all three have access to a mailbox that is hosted on an exchange system. We use Outlook 2003 on our workstations. If we get new emails, we sort the ones out that are worthy to read later and drop them into a subfolder of that mailbox. Let's call that subfolder "to_check". The chief editor then checks this folder once a day and then deletes the emails or moves them further to other subfolders. Now, we have a new colleague in...