Autoarchive errors and exchange 2003

Beware.
If you import .pst files into Exchange 2003 mailboxes a
hidden modification date is created and set to the date
the data is actually loaded on the server. All emails
retain their actual sent/received dates but if you try to
use autoarchive it looks at this hidden date and will not
use the correct dates. Thus users cannot use this function
properly.
Does anyone have a answer please.

Thks  Phil

OL2000: Message Modification Date Determines Archive Date
ID: 197981

The following actions will change the message's modified date/time:
- Moving or Copying

It then gives you steps to see this value.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"phil667788@yahoo.com.au" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:fead01c3f21f$e2de8e10$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Beware.
> If you import .pst files into Exchange 2003 mailboxes a
> hidden modification date is created and set to the date
> the data is actually loaded on the server. All emails
> retain their actual sent/received dates but if you try to
> use autoarchive it looks at this hidden date and will not
> use the correct dates. Thus users cannot use this function
> properly.
> Does anyone have a answer please.
>
> Thks  Phil

0
dtown (976)

Error 217
I get a popup messagebox when closing my app in the IDE. Error 217 at xxxxxx (memory address). I have no user defined error codes. I cannot find it in help. google is no help either. Any ideas? ...

Exchange 2003 installation problem
Hello All- I am so frustrated with Exchange. This all started out when I installed Exchange 2007 and backed out because of all the restrictions and it was so radically different from Exchange 2003. So I uninstalled it and went through all kinds of gyrations to do so. Then I reinstalled Exchange 2003 and there were multiple administrative groups and mailboxes wouldn't create. So I completely uninstalled it, IIS and all the related services. Then I went into ADSIedit.msc and changed the heuristics value to none. Now I am trying to reinstall Exchange 2003 and at the Forest Preparation...

keep getting error message when sending mail.
I've been using outlook express version 6.0 for awhile now..the other day, for some reason or another I started getting an error message whenever I send email. I receive just fine. I go into setup,and everything is correct as far as the internet mail addresses and such...like I said, everything has worked fine now for several months, and suddenly this message keeps occuring...maybe somebody can explain to me what it means, and where I can look to correct it...below is the message that I continue to receive.. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejec...

xsd.exe error
Hi, When I try to compile xsd file with xsd.exe that comes with Visual Studio.NET 2003 with following command line: xsd /d /l:"Microsoft.MCpp.MCppCodeProvider, MCppCodeDomProvider, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, Custom=null" /namespace:Schema MyFile.xsd I get following error: DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType Following lines in xsd file are responsible for the error: <xs:simpleType name="MyType"> <xs:union> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base=&qu...

Is it possible to track changes in Publisher 2003 as in Word ?
I wish to use the tracking facility in Word in Publisher 2003, however I cannot seem to work out how to do it. Can anyone help ? No can do. "sallyh8" <sallyh8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CD55BB-F646-4C3C-BD80-69606BDACDA2@microsoft.com... >I wish to use the tracking facility in Word in Publisher 2003, however I > cannot seem to work out how to do it. Can anyone help ? ...

Outlook 2003 EMail Notification
I just installed Windows XP SP2, and switched to Firefox, and now when I receive e-mails in Outlook I do not receive any sound notification when e-mails are received. I did check the Sounds in the Control Panel, and I do have the Windows default with the correct wav file. Any ideas why I don't receive sound notification at all? Thanks, Steve Have you tried reinstalling Office Sounds? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scrat...

Dexterity error in event log
We are running GP 8 SP2 (8.00g34) and are getting the following message in the application event log of our SQL 2000 Server (SP3): ------------------------------------------------------------- The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: dynamics.exe, 8.0.0.76, 41d43f74,...

query Exchange using LDP
Which attributes would I query if I wanted to return a list of users and their login time from Exchange. It's like this: In Mailbox>>Logons of a server, Exchange Manager lists Logon time and Last Access Time. How can I run a query using the resource kit application LDP, returning these values? All assistance is appreciated Savvy95 MCT, MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA You can't get that info out of AD, mailbox access info is maintained in the store on the mailbox servers, you will need to write a script that uses WMI to enumerate that information. Please see the Windows Server Cookb...

Script Error
Hi All, I'm getting a script error when trying to use the CEWP's rich text editor. It seems to be a failry common problem but I've reinstalled the SP's and Language Packs and the error continues. Another popular solution is to copy form.js and bform.js from a working install, but this is a single server install, so I don't have another source for those files. Can anyone suggest a source for those files? Any other suggestions? Thanks much. Ken ...

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

Autoarchive #6
Using Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode the autoarchive function does not work. I was wondering as there is no data on the local machine as we're using cached exchange mode and it stays all on the server if that would have any bearing. Cheers -- Regards any <any@nowhere.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode the autoarchive function > does not work. What date have you set in the Archive settings and what date in the items are you expecting the archiving will act upon? > I was wondering as there is no data on the local > machine as we'r...

exchange "directory lookup " problem
dear mvp i have one domain and sub-domain , two domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3 sp2 in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't forward to root domain , all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup " but can send out & receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain if anyone one know , pls help me thank your very much On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >dear mvp ...

Error when converting Access 97 to 2002
Hi, I get this error when I try converting an Access 97 database to Access 2002 on a XP machine.. "The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database." I thought the Access 97 mdb might have been secured, I checked it and found that it is only linked to System.mdw The 97 mdb file works on all NT machines with Access 97 installed on it. But when I try converting it using Access 2002 Database utility for converting it gives me this error Please help... Jack. Hello, Check out the following kb article ACC2000: "The Current User Accou...

outlook 2003 (Windows XP) emails gives error re: subscription
In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I keep getting a required subscription for this service. What subscription are they referring to? Thank you. Hotmail You need a paid for Hotmail account to use Outlook (Also applies to some other internet mail accounts) "R Rankl" <R Rankl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39AA85F-C879-4F14-B208-F3918424A523@microsoft.com... > In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I > keep > getting a required subscription for this service. > > What subsc...

add exchange server
Here's my config: SERVER1-- OLD PENTIUM II-- MAIL GATEWAY, running IIS, GFI to scan for spam and virus. This server receives and cleans up incoming mail and sends to Server2. SERVER2-- Exchange 2003, OWA (this is the only Exchange Server in our 50 user organization.) Both Servers are NATTED behind a firewall with only the necessary ports forwarded As you may have guessed, I want to decommission SERVER1, which is not running Exchange-- and replace with an Exchange Server that will be setup with anti-virus/antispam. So lets suppose I replace SERVER1 with a faster machine ru...

cannot save user-defined charts in Excel 2003
When I try to save a user-defined chart in Excel 2003 I get this error: "Microsoft Excel cannot save the user-defined chart because the chart gallery file is currently in use or does not exist. Click OK, and then change the gallery file name or location before you save." Then it opens a Save dialog that tries to save the worksheet I created the chart in, which goes nowhere. I do not have any xlusrgal.xls file on my PC, but Excel is convinced I have one, and that it is open and busy, thank you, whenever I want to save a chart. I have tried creating my own xlusrgal.xls file and put...

MSexchangeES
I receive the error below on my exchange server. there isnt' a documentation of it. HELP ME! thanks Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeES Categoria evento: Generale ID evento: 5 Data: 26/05/2004 Ora: 9.31.21 Utente: N/D Computer: CED2 Descrizione: Errore MAPI imprevisto. Errore restituito: [0x80004005]. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico all'indirizzo http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192174 might be helpful. "caterina bretti" <bretti@gruppolabel.it> wrote in mes...

Error: "Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered"
Hi, Does anyone know what to do to prevent this error from popping up. After I try to send an email within Outlook, after pressing "Send & Receive" the following error comes up: "Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered" Thanks, Art Found a Microsoft Article - KB889885 which described a similar error Applied the suggested fix. Here's what it said: CAUSE This issue may occur when the Ole32.dll file that is on the computer i not correctly registered. Additionally, this issue may occur if you installation of MicrosoftWindows is damaged RESOLUTION To resolve...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 #2
I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any suggestions? has any event log? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Sam" <salobaidi@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :3253e735.0410281852.71e170a4@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and > receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any > suggestions? In post-SP3 and SP4 MTAs, the MTA requires FQDN resolution to work, so that may be it. As Jammy says, there should be something in the event log a...

SMIME in OWA 2003
Hello, I have a thawte email certificate on my local machine. (WinXP Pro SP2). I cannot get the encryption/signing security buttons to appear in OWA. Installing the setupmcl.exe addin does not produce an error. The server is Exch 2003 SP1 running on Windows Adv 2000 sp4. ...

Authentication Error and Deployment Manager Error
Hi, I am tring to move my CRM 3.0 DB from a SQL 2000 server to a different installation of SQL 2000 on a differnet server. I am following the MS KB article to the letter (917948), however once it updates to the new DB. I get an authentication error viewing the CRM application via the browser and when I try and look at the users in the deployment manager I get an error saying "MSCRMServices is not responding". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! ...

sending email error
What does this error mean and how can I fix it. (ox800CCC0f) I can recieve emails just not send them. greg I unchecked the boxes in nortons did a send and receive and didn't get the error any more..so as a test i checked the boxes again and did a S&R and again didnt get the error..this all happend when my nortons upgrade the virus defetions. How to enable or disable email scanning in Norton AntiVirus 2002/2003/2004 Situation: This document provides procedures on how to enable or disable the email scanning feature in Norton AntiVirus (NAV) 2002, 2003 or 2004. Soluti...

Error in the equation?
I am relatively new to using excel so here is my problem. I am trying t set the B column to show the result of this equation: =C/25+D2+E10+F6 After I press enter I recieve the message "The formula contains a error, click ok to return to the equation and correct it." I click o and C is highlighted. I've tried to search the help data base for wha I'm doing wrong and found no help. So I came here. :) Am I just going about the process of entering an equation wrong? I wan B to show the result of that equation and obviously I'd enter th numbers for C, D, etc. in their respect...

cant start my user-created service.. error 1053
We have several XP machines at my place of business where, upon a user logging in and the desktop loading, they simply get a blank wallpaper and cursor and it stays like that indefinitely. The problem is intermittent. I found that explorer isn=92t running automatically when this happens. I could simply C-A-D, get to Task Manager, start a new task and run explorer that way, which would then bring the rest of the desktop. Unfortunately, this is a little too much for our end users to be able to remember. So I whipped up a little AutoIT script to put in their startup folder, that checks...

Exchange 2000 to 2003 Outlook Web Access redirect
We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 are working great. Is there a way for an OWA user who logs in to the old 2K owa server to be redirected to the 2K3 owa server. I can't setup a general redirect because not all users are being migrated at the same time. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:31:33 -0500, "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote: >We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 >server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 ar...