Auto reply #5

Exchange 2003.
One of the user has resigned from my company.
Is it possible to configure such that when someone send email to that user.
It will auto-reply with my messages in the content.
Can it be done if i had deleted or disabled the account?

Note: Don't want to use "Out of Office Assistance"

0
cmchong20 (124)

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291956

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003.
> One of the user has resigned from my company.
> Is it possible to configure such that when someone send email to that
> user. It will auto-reply with my messages in the content.
> Can it be done if i had deleted or disabled the account?
>
> Note: Don't want to use "Out of Office Assistance"

0
neil.hobson (1158)
7/28/2005 8:25:46 AM
the KB link below is using Rules and Alerts.
After i delete the account, can it be done in any form?

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> Try this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291956
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Exchange 2003.
>> One of the user has resigned from my company.
>> Is it possible to configure such that when someone send email to that
>> user. It will auto-reply with my messages in the content.
>> Can it be done if i had deleted or disabled the account?
>>
>> Note: Don't want to use "Out of Office Assistance"

0
cmchong20 (124)
7/28/2005 10:38:42 AM
With event sink everything is possible. See
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=event+sink+&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a&x=13&y=11

Emyeu wrote:

> the KB link below is using Rules and Alerts.
> After i delete the account, can it be done in any form?
>
> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Try this:

> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Exchange MVP
> >
> > For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >
> > "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Exchange 2003.
> >> One of the user has resigned from my company.
> >> Is it possible to configure such that when someone send email to that
> >> user. It will auto-reply with my messages in the content.
> >> Can it be done if i had deleted or disabled the account?
> >>
> >> Note: Don't want to use "Out of Office Assistance"

0
kpalagin (1838)
7/28/2005 11:15:44 AM
The link you provided below has alot of KB link. Which knowledgebase should
i refer?

"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> With event sink everything is possible. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=event+sink+&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a&x=13&y=11
>
> Emyeu wrote:
>
>> the KB link below is using Rules and Alerts.
>> After i delete the account, can it be done in any form?
>>
>> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in
>> message
>> > Try this:
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291956
>> >
>> > --
>> > Neil Hobson
>> > Exchange MVP
>> >
>> > For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
>> > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>> >
>> > "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
cmchong20 (124)
7/29/2005 10:13:27 AM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/exchreadme/htms/WritingManagedSyncsREADMEMarch2003.asp
and use other articles as guide.

Emyeu wrote:

> The link you provided below has alot of KB link. Which knowledgebase should
> i refer?
>
> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> > With event sink everything is possible. See
> >
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=event+sink+&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a&x=13&y=11news:uAAA230kFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

0
kpalagin (1838)

Auto Filter problem

cannot open or reply to a message or new message
Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in outlook 2007 we recieve mail but cannot reply, open or forward mail. It is open in the task bar but will not open up full screen. Any help here would be grateful. Close Outlook. Open it in safe mode. Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (please note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) Does this behaviour continue? "Cazz" <Cazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355C8102-A769-4B6C-886B-FC8FE61D6495@microsoft.com... > Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

empty replies
I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently having trouble printing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Although these are OE problems, they likely relate to yours. See points = 11 and 12 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#10 Also see point 3 on that page, as something could be interfering. steve "jo2cat" <jo2cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:694B8CC2-E69E-447E-A3F9-63CE489E5E82@microsoft.com... >I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently = having > trouble printing. Any help wo...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Relaying Ex5.5
Hi, I need help urgently. I've just tested our e-mail server for open relay and receive a shock result. It failed on two of the 20 tests tests which the checking server carried out. I've already been to the MS security site and downloaded the latest patches, but, it still fails the test. I'm running NT4 SP6a with Exchange 5.5 sp4 with the latest security patches. These are the tests our mail server fails on. The name of our domain has been changed for obvious reasons :) MAIL FROM: <spamtest@visualgraphs.net> <- 250 OK - mail from <spamtest@visualgraphs.net> ->...

Outlook 2002 Hangs on Replying to Email
I have a PC running Win2000 Professional and Office XP SBE. Outlook default to using Word as Email Editor, but NOT to use Word to read RTF. There is one particular email which is in htm format. When clicked on Reply, Outlook will hang, and the computer becomes very sluggish. Task Manager shows Winword process is using 100% CPU. To recover from the situation, the Winword process has to be killed. With other emails there is no problem whatsoever. There is an KB article (811946) that seems to cover this, and it refers to a hotfix. Any comments on similar experience would be welcomed. And ...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

scroll bar #5
When I use the horizontal scroll bar, the screen goes blank until I let go of the bar. Remedies? Dave I would suspect a video driver issue, try updating it or down-tuning the number of colours/resolution -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D8B593-4D89-44BE-A54A-E636C2E74B5C@microsoft.com... > When I use the horizontal scroll bar, the screen goes blank until I let go > of > the bar. Remedies? Nick, thanks for the idea. I reduced ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Exchange 5.5 and Sober worm
Hi all, I've been getting this problem for the past few days. The following is a copy of a message (with sensitive data changed) --- Start of Message --- Received: from insmtp21.bt.net ([217.35.209.185]) by exchangeserver.ourcompany.co.uk with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2653.13) id YB143DGH; Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:14:13 -0000 Received: from [80.192.119.211] (helo=khpoak.com) by insmtp21.bt.net with smtp (Exim 3.36 #1) id 1CZnys-0001fs-00; Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:14:34 +0000 From: user_info@us.oracle.com To: mailer@ourcompany.co.uk Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:11:10...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...