Auto-Reply #4

We are planning to change our domain name. My question is: Is there an option
in Exchange that will send an auto-reply inform the senders to our users of
the change of our domain name.  Or any available scripts? Or any third party
program that accomplishes this?  Thank you
--
JoeCL
LACO-CAO

Why not just add the old domain name as a secondary smtp address in your
recipient policy?  As users receive messages and reply, the outgoing
messages will be from their primary.  After a period of time, decommission
the old name by removing the secondary address from the recipient policy.

"JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are planning to change our domain name. My question is: Is there an
> option
> in Exchange that will send an auto-reply inform the senders to our users
> of
> the change of our domain name.  Or any available scripts? Or any third
> party
> program that accomplishes this?  Thank you
> --
> JoeCL
> LACO-CAO

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/26/2006 7:52:28 PM
John, thank you for the reply. we wanted to send a reply message to sender
who sent through the old domain informing them of the new domain name and to
use it in the futue e-mail. Thanks.

JoeCL
LACO-CAO

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> Why not just add the old domain name as a secondary smtp address in your
> recipient policy?  As users receive messages and reply, the outgoing
> messages will be from their primary.  After a period of time, decommission
> the old name by removing the secondary address from the recipient policy.
>

> "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are planning to change our domain name. My question is: Is there an
> > option
> > in Exchange that will send an auto-reply inform the senders to our users
> > of
> > the change of our domain name.  Or any available scripts? Or any third
> > party
> > program that accomplishes this?  Thank you
> > --
> > JoeCL
> > LACO-CAO

0
JoeCL (74)
1/27/2006 1:35:02 AM
John, Thank you for the reply. We wanted to inform the senders of the new
domain name and to use it in their future e-mail. So a reply message has to
be sent.  Will the recipient policy do this? Thanks.
--
JoeCL
LACO-CAO

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> Why not just add the old domain name as a secondary smtp address in your
> recipient policy?  As users receive messages and reply, the outgoing
> messages will be from their primary.  After a period of time, decommission
> the old name by removing the secondary address from the recipient policy.
>

> "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are planning to change our domain name. My question is: Is there an
> > option
> > in Exchange that will send an auto-reply inform the senders to our users
> > of
> > the change of our domain name.  Or any available scripts? Or any third
> > party
> > program that accomplishes this?  Thank you
> > --
> > JoeCL
> > LACO-CAO

0
JoeCL (74)
1/27/2006 1:41:02 AM
Adding the secondary smtp address is done through a recipient policy, it
does reply with the new (primary) address, but it does not inform the
sender.  If you add a disclaimer though ...

Disclaimers are done with an event sink.  Yes there is some sample VBS code
on the KB, but the efficiency is not up to the task if you have very many
users.  If you'd like to experiment, try the freeware version of GFI
MailEssentials.  It'll give you disclaimers.

> John, Thank you for the reply. We wanted to inform the senders of the new
> domain name and to use it in their future e-mail. So a reply message has
> be sent.  Will the recipient policy do this? Thanks.
> --
> JoeCL
> LACO-CAO
>

> "John Fullbright" wrote:
>
>> Why not just add the old domain name as a secondary smtp address in your
>> recipient policy?  As users receive messages and reply, the outgoing
>> messages will be from their primary.  After a period of time,
>> decommission
>> the old name by removing the secondary address from the recipient policy.
>>

>> "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We are planning to change our domain name. My question is: Is there an
>> > option
>> > in Exchange that will send an auto-reply inform the senders to our
>> > users
>> > of
>> > the change of our domain name.  Or any available scripts? Or any third
>> > party
>> > program that accomplishes this?  Thank you
>> > --
>> > JoeCL
>> > LACO-CAO

0
fullbrij1 (373)

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto Filter problem

cannot open or reply to a message or new message
Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in outlook 2007 we recieve mail but cannot reply, open or forward mail. It is open in the task bar but will not open up full screen. Any help here would be grateful. Close Outlook. Open it in safe mode. Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (please note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) Does this behaviour continue? "Cazz" <Cazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355C8102-A769-4B6C-886B-FC8FE61D6495@microsoft.com... > Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

Sorting in excel #4
I don't know Excel very well so please keep the answers to my question very basic. I have a worksheet that has 2 columns A & B A has numbers 1 - 223 B has dates each number has a specific date associated to it for example; 123 would have Sept-76 I want to be able to sort the dates and have the numbers in column A sort with them, in other words I want the numbers to be locked to the dates no matter what sorting is done. Thanks in advance Hi Just Me, Select both columns and then sort. --- Regards, Norman "Just Me" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:OAXt...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

empty replies
I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently having trouble printing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Although these are OE problems, they likely relate to yours. See points = 11 and 12 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#10 Also see point 3 on that page, as something could be interfering. steve "jo2cat" <jo2cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:694B8CC2-E69E-447E-A3F9-63CE489E5E82@microsoft.com... >I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently = having > trouble printing. Any help wo...

Money 2001 #4
I have Money 2001 on home Pc and have used same for 3 years. I want to put the software on my new laptop and transfer all of the data. Please kindly assist with instructions on how to do this. Thank-you. Install M2001 on the new laptop and find and copy across the *.mny file. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Steve McIntyre" <stevemci@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:021801c364fa$fdf55060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 20...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

How do I make 4 description notes per page? Each note is differen.
I have 8X8 paper and I want to make 4 notes per page. Each will have different content. What do I do? I keep getting the same thing repeated 4 times. Setup your printer for a custom size of 8x8. In page setup create a custom size publication 8x8. If you are using 2007, use the Advanced setup on the right. One the publication page --- Arrange, Layout Guides, Type a margin you want for your cards. Grid guides, 2 columns, type the margin x 2 in the spacing. 2 rows, again type the margin x 2 in the spacing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "sweetyjss" <sweetyjss@discus...

If Statement Help #4
Dear JulieD: I am very grateful for your help, If I understand your sugestion, would need to write a VBA macro to cut and paste-special the capture data into a new column? You would think that excel would provide a more elegant manor t capture volitale data when it meets a condition that is defined by formula. Capture being the operative word here. Is there another function other than "IF" that would be mor appropiate? Is there an email address and I will send you a copy o STOCKEVULATE.exl Thanks again, Michae -- MJSlatter -------------------------------------------------...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Outlook 2002 Hangs on Replying to Email
I have a PC running Win2000 Professional and Office XP SBE. Outlook default to using Word as Email Editor, but NOT to use Word to read RTF. There is one particular email which is in htm format. When clicked on Reply, Outlook will hang, and the computer becomes very sluggish. Task Manager shows Winword process is using 100% CPU. To recover from the situation, the Winword process has to be killed. With other emails there is no problem whatsoever. There is an KB article (811946) that seems to cover this, and it refers to a hotfix. Any comments on similar experience would be welcomed. And ...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Outlook 03 can't resolve name on Exchange Server 4.0
When I try to connect the Outlook 03 client to the Exchange Server 4.0 I get an Microsoft Office Outlook message box that says "The action could not be completed. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restrictions." This is a small business that only uses the Exchange Server 4.0 for internal e-mail for six clients and they don't want to spend anymore money to upgrade the Exchange Server which works fine on all the other client computers. Thanks for your help! On Wed, 17 May 2006 07:04:01 -0700, JamieP <JamieP@discussions.microsoft.com>...

MS Money 2002 #4
How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money 2002? You mean the mail address on your Passport? You have to go to the Passport Web site to do that. http://www.passport.com. Were I you, to be on the safe side, I'd go to File|Login Lockbox and remove the passport from your Money file first. Then go and change the email address on the Passport, the re-add the Passport, if you really want to. "Dawna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4caa01c3e46f$c54f09a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money ...

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...