Auto Reply #3

I have a Help Desk account that I use for administration at a Client. There
is an auto reply configured with this account that auto-replies to every
incoming message. There is no auto-reply configured in either the Out of
Office Assitant or Rules and Alert. I've created a new profile on the
workstation I work from. I've deleted the exchange account. Nothing will stop
this auto reply. There are no 3rd party mail applications installed. What am
I missing?
0
Tilley (2)

James Tilley <James Tilley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Help Desk account that I use for administration at a Client. There
>is an auto reply configured with this account that auto-replies to every
>incoming message. There is no auto-reply configured in either the Out of
>Office Assitant or Rules and Alert. I've created a new profile on the
>workstation I work from. I've deleted the exchange account. Nothing will stop
>this auto reply. There are no 3rd party mail applications installed. What am
>I missing?

Rules are special messages that are stored in the mailbox. You can use
MDBVU32.exe to dee them, and to delete them. Or you can delete the
mailbox, then purge the mailbox from the database and then recreate
the mailbox.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> James Tilley <James Tilley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a Help Desk account that I use for administration at a Client. There
> >is an auto reply configured with this account that auto-replies to every
> >incoming message. There is no auto-reply configured in either the Out of
> >Office Assitant or Rules and Alert. I've created a new profile on the
> >workstation I work from. I've deleted the exchange account. Nothing will stop
> >this auto reply. There are no 3rd party mail applications installed. What am
> >I missing?
>
> Rules are special messages that are stored in the mailbox. You can use
> MDBVU32.exe to dee them, and to delete them. Or you can delete the
> mailbox, then purge the mailbox from the database and then recreate
> the mailbox.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks for the Help. The issue actually turned out to be  with GFI Mail
Essentials. There is a feature that allows for auto-replies in the latest
version and someone had added the helpdesk account to the auto-reply list
inadvertantly.

No banners under 3 feet!
Hi there, I can`t believe that it is not possible to print banners under 3 feet with publisher! I posted this question already once, but no one believed me it has nothing to do with the printer! This messge shows up also with other printers and as well with no printer installed! But how can M$ produce such a crap? Only banners beyond 3 feet are allowed! Maybe it is constitutional law. Regards Gerry from Mauritius -- valid reply address is indexartSPAM@web.de Hi Gerhard Nowak (nonspam@gmx.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I can`t believe that it is not possible to ...

Double Messages #3
Hi, I am using MSFT Outlook 2002 for XP and when i download my email, I get 2 copies automatically when there are only one in reality. When I check my ISP, there is only one message delivered yet when I download the message, I get it twice. How can I stop the duplication? Thanks in advance for your help. ....Laura Do you have more then one account configured which use the same POP3 server? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Tool...

Help Locking Worksheet #3
Peo Sjoblom Wrote: > Did you uncheck locked under format>cells>protection > for the highlighted data beforte you protected the sheet? > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > >[/color] But I want to lock some of the cells, at least the ones that hav formulas that I took a week creating. Some of the cells are dat entry, some are formulas, the formulas are locked and hidden, the dat entry are unlocked. It works on other spreadsheets I've created, it must be something tha the previous person did before I changed it. I know this is a frustrating newbie question...

How do I turn on auto size to an organization chart?
I want to make the size of the box in an organization chart to automatically fit around the text in it. The selection for automatic size under alignment in the Format AutoShape menu is not accessible. It's there, but I can't click on it. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Suzy" wrote: > I want to make the size of the box in an organization chart to automatically > fit around the text in it. The selection for automatic size under alignment > in the Format AutoShape menu is not accessible. It's there, but I can&...

Leading Zeroes #3
Hi, I hope you are having a great day. I have an 6 character field containing mmddyy values (for example, 100587, 60276). Problem is when month is 1 - 9, I need the contents to be zero filled so as the 60276 looks like 060276. Can someone explain what I need to get that accomplished? Thanks in advance. KenP You need a custom format. Use 000000 as your format type. Or just format the cells as text. An easy way to force text is to place an apostrophe in front of number like so... '060276 This changes the format of the cell to text automaticall (the ' doesn't show). &qu...

CRM 3.0 Invalid Association error when sending email
On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know about this? Thanks! Hi. I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone find a resolution to this? Thanks in Advance. Dav "Troy" wrote: > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know > about this? Thanks! Reply to self - turned out to be the authe...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Excel Query #3
I want to use an Hanging Indent for the text within a cell. I can do it by spliting that into two different cells but I feel that would be wrong. For example Financial Data for the year ended 2K Please note that the text data should be in the same cell.If any one can help me. Hi can't be done with Excel. You may insert a manual linebreak with ALT+ENTER and insert some spaces but an automatic ident for the second line is not possible with Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Felix wrote: > I want to use an Hanging Indent for the text within a > cell. I can do i...

auto-completion of addresses in Outlook 2002-SP2
Recently had to make new profiles for one of my satellite offices due to a server crash. Now in Outlook 2002, they have lost the auto-complete history in Outlook. Is there a place where this is located and can be moved over to the new profile rather than having them re-create as they go? The AutoComplete cache is stored in a file with a .NK2 extension. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to search in hidden and system folders to find the .NK2 file. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please rep...

Replying to Queue Emails
Hi All, I just setup an email enabled queue. When I go to reply to any mails sent to this queue (from inside CRM) it tells me "the senders email addres could not be resolved to a record in the system" Surely you dont have to add the email address to the CRM system before you can reply. It seems a right hassle to setup a a new contact every time you want to do this! Any thoughts on this or am I not doing this correctly!? Thanks Tom I believe emails can only be sent to records in the system (account, contact,etc). So you can create a contact from the unknown email address, and...

Merge using Excel 2002 and Hummingbird Docs Open 3.9.0 Build 199
Hi, I have a merge form set up in Word. The data source is an excel file. When I click on Docs Open Mail Merge, a box comes up in docs open saying to choose the main document. When I click on the main document the next boxes comes up saying to choose the data source. I select the data source and it opens, but nothing happens. The next step should be to click on merge, but it is grayed out and it is still asking to choose the data source. The merge works fine if I do it outside of Docs Open, but I have to be able to do it within Docs Open. Can you help? ...

Can I auto delete email when I am bcc'd?
I would like to auto delete any emails that contain my name in the bcc. How can I set this up? JoeM wrote: > I would like to auto delete any emails that contain my name in the bcc. How > can I set this up? Newsletters, bulletins, notices, or confirmation e-mails (sent after you start a signup at a web site) may not have your e-mail address in the To/Cc fields. Those fields are NOT used to specify the recipient of an e-mail. Those are headers within the *data* of your message. The headers of a received e-mail should never have a Bcc header. That means you can never ...

Multiple PST files #3
I have a user that uses offline files when they travel. Their PST files is over 2 GB and is now causing problems. How can I correct this? Can you make 2 or more PST files for 1 Profile? Thanks. Tim you can have as many pst files in the profile as you want - while I think a handful should be enough, there are a few souls with 60-70 and even some with 150. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange Rules dont' work not auto firing
I have had the strangest problem with Outlook lately. We have a Box here that had the same rules it has now and worked at one time. All of the sudden it just decided to stop working. The rules don't automatically fire when outlook hits off, and they don't seem to fire when a new message comes in either. Here's what I've tried: -Re-created the rules -Wiped out the entire office installation and re-installed -added stops to each of the rules -made the rule client-side only -turned server-side cacheing on and then off and then on again -Tried to tell send-recieve to run the rules...

MS Money 2000 vs 2004 compatibility #3
I am currently using MS Money 2000. If I install the new version, MS Money 2004, will the new software be compatible with my old Money 2000 file formats? For example, can I run reports in Money 2004 using Money 2000 records and files? Thanks. Bill Bender ...

Outlook Stationery #3
I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx What version of Outlook are you using? I think that each email account can have its own default signature. Have you checked out the Signatures dialog? "Rock" <rogerhancock@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:#$oBDnpHKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is > there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx Stationery, no. Depen...

Quicken 2004 conversion #3
Quicken 2004 has me ready to dump Quicken and convert to Money ... but has Money been updated to be able to convert Quicken 2004 files? When I downloaded the trial earlier this month, it was a no-go. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bryan wrote: >Quicken 2004 has me ready to dump Quicken and convert to >Money ... but has Money been updated to be able to >convert Quicken 2004 files? > >When I downloaded the trial earlier this month, it was a >no-go. No. And if you come back next year and ask if Money 2005 can convert Quicken 2005, expect the same answer. So why n...

Office 2008 .mpkg & ARD 3 question
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am not sure of something so I figure, ASK. I am trying to install (with a proper site license) to multiple systems, both INTEL and PPC based and primarily 10.4.11 with a few 10.5.2 system eventually also getting the Office 2008 suite. This is a higher ed environment. Now my question. Normally I can do a multiple system install of new software using the Apple metapackage file system by using Apple Remote Desktop 3 with an administrator level account. The install for everything I have done up to Office 2008 simply ins...

Date Format #3
I have a spreadsheet that I want the date to be formatted as day/month/year (13-09-03). I go to format cells and choose that format for my column. When I type in the date as 13/09/03 it will not convert the date to the correct format. However if I type in 09/13/03 Excel will convert to the proper format. Does this have anything to do with my regional settings in Windows. Would I have to change the setting to day/month/year in windows. I am using Excel 2000. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Dee Number format affects display only, not how XL parses an entry. To change the p...

Problem when installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 via auto updates
Hi, I've been getting an unusual thing happening when using auto updates. I get the little icon and am told I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) waiting to be installed. I click on install and it runs through and says install completed, and I then restart the PC. On boot up I have the little icon for updates again and find the update waiting is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524). On going to the u...

Find Message that was auto-archived
Hello, How can I find a message that I sent a year ago and has been auto-archived. Thanks in advance. JP jfp2@verizon.net open the archive.pst using file, open, outlook data file and use advanced find to search the archive pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 &qu...

Using profiles to auto configure a users email settings
Hi All, Firstly appologies for this old question but I have been trying to get this working for a week now and just keep going around in circles. We have network of 2000 odd users sharing 400 pc's on the 2k boxes anyone can log in but if they have not signed in before they are required to configure their outlook profile. I have played with default.prf and the modprof.exe file usung the-S -Z. All appears to work it says the profile is created etc. when the user goes into outlook it does not grab their username from the default.prf file... Here is the top part of this file : [General] Cu...

how do i get my replys to my question?
fI'm a new user. I posted my question about Excel 2003 & went ofline. I loged in again but can't find a reply. You have not posted any other message in this newsgroup, at least not with the same name. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Yaron" <Yaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2006C73-01C4-4C80-96C4-7AE80B78D6DB@microsoft.com... > fI'm a new user. I posted my question about Excel 2003 & went ofline. I > loged > in again but can't find a reply. > > Yaron Have a look here for your first posting in .workshee...

Hi #3
Hi I can't seem to attach any gif's at all from the "intert/picture" option. I've changed the options so that the emails are HTML, then I changed them so that they are rich text and used word as the editor. Nothing seems to be working and I keep getting this error. "An error has occured in this dialog. Error: 195 'undefined' is null or not an object." Please help?!?!?! Sharn Hi, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. 311750.KB.EN-US OL2000: Error Message: Error 195 'Undefined' Is Null or N...

Errors Tracking Emails in CRM 3.0
Hi, Just wondering if anybody else has experienced issues tracking emails in CRM using Terminal Services? We have CRM installed as both Laptop Clients for our laptop users and TS Client for our terminal server users. All running V3C. Users that have laptop clients are able to track emails in CRM with out an issue, however when a TS client clicks the tracking button 99% of the time it returns the following error; --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. --------------------------- OK -------------------...