Auto Reboot Windows 2000 Server

Is there a way to have your Windows 2000 Server to auto
reboot?  I can do this with a Terminal Server using
ts???.exe as a scheduled task but I havn't found anything
for a standard server.  Thanks
0
anonymous (74719)

"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have your Windows 2000 Server to auto
> reboot?  I can do this with a Terminal Server using
> ts???.exe as a scheduled task but I havn't found anything
> for a standard server.  Thanks

Have someone wrap the following Delphi code.....

function TimedShutDown(Computer: string; Msg: string; Time: Word; Force: Boolean; Reboot: Boolean):
Boolean;
var
  rl: Cardinal;
  hToken: Cardinal;
  tkp: TOKEN_PRIVILEGES;
begin
  //get user privileges to shutdown the machine, we are talking about win nt and 2k here
  if not OpenProcessToken(GetCurrentProcess, TOKEN_ADJUST_PRIVILEGES or TOKEN_QUERY, hToken) then
    ShowMessage('Cannot open process token.')
  else
  begin
    if LookupPrivilegeValue(nil, 'SeShutdownPrivilege', tkp.Privileges[0].Luid) then
    begin
      tkp.Privileges[0].Attributes := SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED;
      tkp.PrivilegeCount := 1;
      AdjustTokenPrivileges(hToken, False, tkp, 0, nil, rl);
      if GetLastError <> ERROR_SUCCESS then
       ShowMessage('Error adjusting process privileges.');
    end
  else
    ShowMessage('Cannot find privilege value.');
  end;

  Result := InitiateSystemShutdown(PChar(Computer), PChar(Msg), Time, Force, Reboot)
end;

//Start shut down
begin
  if not TimedShutDown('\\computername', 'you have to shutdown', 30, true, true) then
    ShowMessage('function failed...');
end;

0
na1 (222)

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

auto copy self

Exchange Attributes missing from 2000 DC Controller
Hi guys, I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that is running Exchange 2003. 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the exchange attributes? 2: Where can I get the re...

Windows Live Video Chat
I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the webcam works just fine. What doesn't work is the microphone. And I don't know why. Someone help please? Any suggestions? Answers? "Wicked Sin" <WickedSin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3555EA6-82B4-4831-B70F-1FE3206CB3CD@microsoft.com... > I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. > > Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the > webcam wor...

3rd Party DNS server
According to the Exch2000 resource kit I need to run the Win2000 DNS service, if I run a 3rd-party DNS server (in this case Netware) that allows SRV records and dynamic DNS will I be OK? At the moment my Win2000 AD domain works fine with no DNS service of its own, but looking at the Netware DNS server. I am looking at upgrading from Exch5.5 to Exch2000. Thanks Pete Depends on what you are trying to do. Dynamic DNS is not required, but the use of SRV records is. So you can use BIND or any other name server that has support for SRV records. Tino Donderwinkel "PM" <pmunro@c...

When opening MS Outlook 2002 a window opens asking for network server?
Office XP Professional When I open MS Outlook a window opens up that is titled Microsoft LDAP Directory It asks for a server name, user name etc. This is a stand alone computer. Not on a network. Is there anyway of stopping this window from opening up each time I start Outlook? Thank You for your time Barry Barry, Your Outlook is configured to use an LDAP server for some reason. To remove the settings for an LDAP server, goto: 1) Tools 2) Email-Accounts Once in the Email-Accts window you will see four radio buttons(2 for E-mail and 2 for Directory) Click on the button next ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

Auto look through subfolders

MOC Exchange 2000
Sabe Alguien donde puedo bajar los MOC de Exchang 2000 Gracias ...

Auto date

server setting don't activate
I was using outlook 2003 and I didn’t find any problem to activate my account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated , when I tried to set my same email account it don’t work Thanks a lot Fadi Fadi wrote: > I was using outlook 2003 and I didn�t find any problem to activate my > account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated > , when I tried to set my same email account it don�t work Thanks a lot You cannot activate e-mail *accounts* at the mail server using Outlook. You have to do that with whatever means the e-mai...

DPM2010 and backing up Vm's on Hyper-V servers in a cluster
I have installed DPM Protection agent on a Hyper V server 2008-R2 and i automatically see the VM (child snapshot....) on the Hyper-V in DPM2010 if i want to backup the VM using DPM2010. And i can take a backup of the Hyper-V volumes and of the child VM. So far, so good. I have installed DPM Protection agent on 1 of the Hyper-V servers Win2008-R2 forming together a cluster. I can backup the Hyper-V volumes with DPM2010 but i don't see in DPM2020 my VMs on that Hyper V server. And so i cannot select it to back it up. No child snapshot line is there ... And i don't know why...

exchange failover server (sorta)
I have an idea for a cheap(er) solution to providing a failover exchange server (excuse me if this has already been thought of or shot down). 1) Back up Information Store of SERVER1 (using backup exec) 2) Immediately after backup of SERVER1, restore IS to SERVER2 (SERVER2 would be in a "same but different" site name and organization name, using the method to restore IS backups to a new server described by Veritas in their white papers). If SERVER1 were to crash (and IS service fail to start) during the work day, could you "failover" to SERVER2 by having the individual u...

Windows 7
On a Windows 7 64 bits PC. Powerpoint viewer 2007 wouldn't open a file because MSVCR80.dll was missing. I uninstalled PP viewer and re-installed it. Presto it worked immediately after install. I turn the PC on the next day and go to open a PP file and back to MSVCR80.dll is missing. What gives? And why hasn't this been fixed? It's obviously a bug. There are so many posts involving different issues relating to MSVCR80. -- Tom Hi Tom, Are you running Norton? Have you updated your viewer? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937158/en-us -- Regards, Glen Mi...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Window Placement After Installing Service Pack 3
Hello: A GP 10.0 client has shown that most, if not all, transaction entry windows appear automatically on the far left-hand side of the screen instead of in the middle--ever since the installation of service pack 3. Although this may sound trivial, the client makes use of GP 10.0’s Navigation Pane. Having to move the windows back over to the right, in order to click on helpful shortcuts on the Navigation Pane, becomes a little cumbersome after a while. Thoughts? childofthe1980s ...

External Mail Wont Send Out From New Server
Hello all, We are performing a swing migration to new hardware. The original server is win2003 with exchange 2003 sp2. The new server is win2003 with exchange 2003 sp2 as well. I also have another temp server configured as a front-end with win2003, exchange 2003 and sp2. I installed the new replacement server into same org and it shows in the admin console. I am able to move mailboxes from the original server to this new server and receive incoming mail both internal and external after homing the mailboxes on the new server but when I try and send email to an external address from an...