Auto Delete

Hi all

 We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box
 calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box,
 this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order
 than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed,
 is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open
 Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ?

 Philip

0
chartism (2)

Use Mailbox Manager for that?

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)
11/26/2005 8:19:08 PM
Mail Box Manager ? is Exchange function ?

Philip

"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru>
???????:4388C33C.D828B4F8@no.phxint.mail.ru...

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
chartism (2)
11/28/2005 12:47:08 PM
Depends on version of Exchange. See
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=730&query=mailbox+manager&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=14&y=8

Philip wrote:

> Mail Box Manager ? is Exchange function ?
>
> Philip
>
> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru>
> ???????:4388C33C.D828B4F8@no.phxint.mail.ru...
> Use Mailbox Manager for that?
>
> Philip wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> >  We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box
> >  calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box,
> >  this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order
> >  than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed,
> >  is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open
> >  Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ?
> >
> >  Philip
>
> --
> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.
>
> Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)

Can't delete messages in non-cached mode
This is long, but hopefully has enough info that someone can help this poor boy. We have a SBS 2K3 domain and all workstations are XP Pro, sp2. Outlook 2K3, sp1 is the mail client. I am having a problem with one user on the network; at least I hope only one. For whatever reason, SBS 2K3 sets Outlook up in cached mode. I was not aware of this and paid no attention to it as our previous W2K/Ex2K domain had all users set up as not-cached. The problem started with a user's exchange account going from bad to worse. First she couldn't delete messages. Then she couldn't view th...

How to delete a text object?
I can delete most objects by selecting them and pressing the Delete key. If I do that with a text object, the Delete key deletes a character in the text inside the object. I have found that I can right-click the object and then select Delete Object or I can press the Detele key while holding down the Shift key. Is there a setting that will make Publisher select just the object with the first click and the text with a second click? Visio works this way and it's much easier for me -- maybe because I'm usdd to it. -- Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) ...

Bug: Custom Rule to permanently delete message leaves new mail icon
Outlook 2003, latest office & XP patches (not XP SP2). If you have a custom rule to permanently delete certain messages, the new message icon remains in the system tray; the new message icon should disappear if the message is deleted. Clicking the new message icon in the tray does nothing at this point. ~Troy Troy Simpson <troysnet@SNIPhotmail.com> wrote: > If you have a custom rule to permanently delete certain messages, the > new message icon remains in the system tray; the new message icon > should disappear if the message is deleted. Clicking the new message >...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

How to delete a business unit
Greeting, In the CRD documentation is stated that we can delete the business unit using the Actions menu. These is copy from documentations "Delete a business unit 1. Navigate to the Business Units page. (a) On the Home page, click the Settings side tab. (b) On the Settings page, click Business Unit Settings and then click Business Units. 2. From the displayed list, select the business unit(s) that you want to delete. 3. On the Actions menu, click Delete. 4. On the Delete confirmation dialog box, click OK." On my Actions menu I have only [Enable]/[Disable]/Change Parent ...

Can not delete Config_CA and uninstall AD Connector Service
I'm in the final stages of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. According to my instuctions I have to delete all connection agreements and uninstall the ADC in order to complete migration and switch to native mode. I was able to delete two connection agreements however the third one ( Config_CA) doesn't have an option for me to delete. I tried to uninstall the ADC but it says that it can not because there is a connection agreement. So what is going on here? Is there something I'm missing in trying to delete the Config_CA connection agreement?? Thanks in advance TK...

Deleting records from a table
Hi all, It's amazing just how quickly -- or maybe the four years since I retired from developing databases isn't that 'quickly' after all :-> -- that I could forget how to do something that should really be easy. I have a table with a couple of thousand records. Each record contains a field for first name, last name, street address, city, state and zip. There can be four or five people at one address, and there is a record for each of them. I need to cull down the amount of records so that only ONE name at each household will get a mailing. I remember...

Delete only specific emails in Sent Items using Mailbox Management
I am looking to delete only emails that have a specific Sender in multiple mailboxes in Sent Items folder. I have everything setup except the specific Sender part. Is this possible with Mailbox Management? thanks Matt I don't believe there's anyway to specify that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <willie44@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158774608.958382.326390@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am looking to delete only emails that have a specific Sender in > multiple mailboxes in Sent Items folder. I have everything setup except > the specific Sender part. Is this p...

Auto Faxing w/ CRM using OmniRush (FaxRush)
Is it possible to schedule faxes to be sent automatically through CRM using FaxRush? The FaxRush people tell me I need to somehow schedule the jobs in CRM to get them to fax automatically....say...once a week. ...

Deleting Previous Addresses or Email accounts
from the Email Server. Can some one help me? We are currently running MS Exchange along with Windows 2000. How do I delete e-mails from previous employees? The problem is that we continue getting junk e-mails with the names of those employees. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Tazzie Tazzie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > from the Email Server. Can some one help me? We are > currently running MS Exchange along with Windows 2000. How > do I delete e-mails from previous employees? The problem > is that we continue getting junk e-mails with the names ...

Auto Reply
Hi, Is there any way to set a auto reply to the sender telling them the user is on holiday... Can anybody help mi on this... Tks Alot... Just set an Out Of Office on the user's Outlook. But, consider the security implications of doing this to the Internet if you have that setting enabled on your server. You're telling people on the Internet that this user is on holiday and therefore that their property could well be unoccupied. Also, spammers will know they've hit a live address. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeb...

Can't use delete key to delete slide
We have a user using PowerPoint 2007 that can no longer select a slide and press the delete key on the keyboard in order to delete the slide. She can still right-click - delete, but she greatly misses the select - delete key option. Is there a setting someplace that controls that feature? Are they definitely selecting the slide thumbnail? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "AZpc" wrote: > We have a user using PowerPoint 2007 that can no longer selec...

Problems when deleting
Ok... Has anyone ever experienced issues when deleting rows/columns of other data being scrambled, so to speak? It seems that when a column/row is deleted that other data gets out of its proper row/column and into other spots. Can anyone provide any insight into this problem? Thanks, Matt G Hi Matt This is because some of your associated formulae have absolute referencing and others relative referencing to the deleted cells. Just amend formulae as required. Mathew "Matt G" <matt.gunter@state.tn.us> wrote in message news:01f501c35200$1d505f30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Ok.....

After deleting local data file is mail still on the drive?
I have two email accounts: one Live and one Comcast. I set the Live one to be the default Data file and Sender. Then I deleted the Local file. My question is: Is the email (old mail that I imported over) that was associated with the local data file that I removed still on my computer? If so, where is the old mail located? Thank you very much if you can assist me. -- Michael Windows 7 RC IE 8 Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest) Office 2007 (latest) Depends what mail application you used previously "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message news:AE15A5A3-258B-49...

Deleting a class
I inserted a new class into my project(Header file & .CPP). Now I would like to delete that class and reuse the old class's name. But after deleting its still there somewhere haunting me. Any help appreciated! Most likely, one of your files still include the header file. You should completely delete the source files or move them to another location. Then if you get problems compiling, examine the errors for clues to where an old reference may still exist. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "MikeChicago" <MikeChicago@discussions.m...

RUS Deleted
Hi Guys, I feel stupid today, I have just successfully migrated from a windows 2000 Server with exchange to a new Windows 2003 Server and A windows 2003 Server running Exchange, now heres the problem; I DELETED THE (RUS for the (domain)) is there any thing i can do to restore or create a new one? problem being when i create a user and email, no email addresses appearing at all? please please help me out? Regards Greg Remer hmmm...does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319065 -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Greg Remer" <GregRemer@discussions.mic...

Delete FRx user or Group
I'm trying to delete a group and/or user from FRx. I get the Failed to delete user. Invalid procedure call or argument. We use GP10 and FRx 6.7.10343 Any ideas? ...

Dynamic source list to auto expand
Hi~ I have been hooked up with a very nice VLookup tool for my companies shipping request form (thank you Gord!). Several "Lists" of data is stored in Sheet2, most used for the company Vlookup, other as simple DV dropdown. I would like to know if anyone out there would be willing to send me the code or let me send them my workbook to allow new entries into any dropdown cell to be auto added to its source list, alphabetically. Per Contextures.com, there is a macro that enables this and VB does a fly by on me. The sample spreadsheet I was looking at was "Update Multiple Val...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

Deleting Junk Mail #3
I have created rules to permanently delete some of the incoming junk mail but they do not always work and the mail finishes up in the junk mail folder. I understand the rules don't work on emails which are in html format. Messages in the junk mail folders are always converted automatically to plain text and if I run the rule on them they do get deleted! Is it possible to create a macro (or another rule) which would run the rule(s) to delete these messages once they are in the junk folder in plain text? If so, I would appreciate your help in creating one as I have no experience ...

How do I Delete Holidays from Calendar?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347084627_92971 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I rather overenthusiastically imported holidays from UK, USA, NZ and Australia and now cannot tell which belong to which country! In trying to delete all but one, I edited categories, where they were listed as Holidays USA, etc but the event still appears on the calendar. Can anyone please help with how to remove the unwanted countrie...

Macro to delete some rows meeting criteria
Hello. I would really appreciate some help with writing a macro, please. I have a report that imports data from another system as a list. It contains upwards of 20,000 rows and can be considerably consolidated, but it has issues. I filter for zero dollar values on the money amount column, hit F5-Special-Visible and try to delete the rows but it doesn't work (it either tells me the task is too complex or it deletes all but one record). So I pulled a simple macro off the forum here that looks for zero values in the column I want on a row by row basis. Sub Delete_ZeroValue_Rows() A...

how to delete or remove checkbox form control in Excel?
I am having a hard time getting rid of form control checkboxes in Excel. Is there some simpe way to get the rid of the */#x things? Right click and cut dosen't work. it seems almost impossible to delete the things after they are added. Most often you end up creating a copy of one instead of getting rid of one. Help! They are more trouble than they are worth. Are these from the control toolbox toolbar? If yes, then click on the design mode icon first. Then delete the checkbox. Remember to toggle that design mode icon when you're done. tubbekans wrote: > > I am ha...

Auto Complete
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I reset the data base of typed words and numbers in Excel? I would like to use the preference for Auto Complete, but I need to start over Sadly, there is no good way to reset the list globally, you have to dig the bad ones out, one by one. See the help topic "Change the name or contents of an AutoCorrect entry" Hope this helps On 24/03/10 2:47 AM, in article 59bb5c66.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "bandlc4@officeformac.com" <bandlc4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Ver...

Cannot delete several folders
There are several folders that are not needed and I cannot delete them. When I try to delete them I get the following error message: Your folder could not be deleted, the IMAP server refused to delete it. If the folder no longer exists you should refresh your folder list for this IMAP server. When I went to the IMAP server for this account there is no refresh option, but instead a Reset List option which I clicked on and it gave me the same set of folders as before including the ones I wanted to delete. The only thing I tried and could figure to do to solve the problem was t...