Auto Archive in Mailbox Size Warnings

      My question is easy enough - can the AutoArchive option be removed
from the Exchange default warning that gets sent when a user approaches
their mailbox size limit?  We would like to have that removed if it's
possible.

            Thanks for any Reply -
                   Jon

0
Jon

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:59:57 -0600, "Jon" <lanmanjs@comcast.net>
wrote:

>      My question is easy enough - can the AutoArchive option be removed
>from the Exchange default warning that gets sent when a user approaches
>their mailbox size limit?  We would like to have that removed if it's
>possible.

That's something to as the Outlook folks. Exchange doesn't care how
you manage your mailbox.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Archiving broke
Outlook is not archiving most of my deleted and sent items. Yes, I've read about making sure the modification date is within range as well as making sure these folders are set to archive. THE SETTINGS ARE CORRECT. I heard somewhere that if the msgs modification date is "none", then Outlook interprets this a 1/1/4501 (and empty date) and therefore things don't get archived (my deleted and sent items). Anyone heard if this is true...and if so, is there a workaround?????? Amil Why are you keeping deleted items? If you need to keep them they should be in a specific Folder...

Auto update of Pivot table
C. Pearson's website includes VBA code for automatically updating a Pivot table upon opening the worksheet. Does the code need to be inserted in "This Workbook" or set up as a Module? Hi, I believe it needs to be in a module and the calling macro named "Auto_open"; (you can use "Auto_Close" also to clean up if needed.) jeff >-----Original Message----- >C. Pearson's website includes VBA code for automatically >updating a Pivot table upon opening the worksheet. Does >the code need to be inserted in "This Workbook" or set up &...

Custom Archive code -- modify my code!
Hi - For whatever reason, my company doesn't want us to save our emails and has made backing them up as manual as possible. With ALOT of help from Jimmy Pena at www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com (an excellent site!), I've made a good start at creating a procedure to do this but have hit a wall and need some help. The current version of the code is below ... please note that I'm very new at Outlook VB so the changes I made to Jimmy's original code are probably pretty ugly. All input is welcome ... I'm using OL-07 and Windows XP ... currently, the code does this:...

Publisher 2003 special size documents not printing properly in 200
We just upgraded to Publisher 2007. Our documents appear the same on the screen when opened but when in print preview they default to different size paper. We are using special size documents (4.26 X 5.75) when we notice this happening. They all default to 8 1/2 X 11. Is there anything we need to do to convert to 2007? Thank You for any help. A bit of a guess here: Open the file, select File, Print setup and input the paper size of choice. Be sure to do a Save to retain the settings. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Ginger" <Ginger@discussions.microsoft.com...

Can't Lock in To Font Size And Type in OE 6
I hope that I am in the right pew. I've posted on several help boards but can't get any help with my problem I have WINME and OE 6-- When I compose a message and I want to change the FONT size which is set on 12 to a larger size I change the size OK. Just as soon as I hit the first key the size jumps back to 12. The same problem with FONT style. It won't stay fixed to any style but ARIEL. I've downloaded IE and OE but that didn't help. Can I get a CD to install which may help--or can some one suggest corrective action on this board? Thanks Herman Hi - act...

Exchange/Outlook archiving problem with space restrictions
I've recently read the following kb article that states archiving is broken when you've reached your space limit on an Exchange server. We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and using Outlook 2003 clients. Does MS have any plans on fixing this issue? We have a lot of users hitting their limits and then not being able to archive items. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297226 ------------------------------ Jeff Wommer Sr. Systems Technologist Northern Michigan University On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:36:47 -0800, Jeff Wommer <jwommer@nmu.edu> wrote: >I&#...

junk filter for archive
cant seem to find a way to do this. I want to run a spam/junk filter through my archived .pst files. I dont want it to run for incoming mail just manually on folders i specify. Is there anything that would achieve this? The inbuilt junk filter seems only able to run on incoming mail. Cheers. -- quasimodobro You would probably need to look at third party spam tools, unless I suppose you created numerous rules "quasimodobro" <quasimodobro.4c8e73e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:quasimodobro.4c8e73e@outlookbanter.com... > > cant seem to find a way to do th...

Message Archiving on Exch2000 #2
Hi I'm about to configure Message archiving on a Exch2000 by using a mailbox. If any got experience in this, could they help me out with the following questions - I'm trying to determine if a message can be sent to that archive mailbox - If so, will it will be 'archived' also and arrive again in that mailbox and thus creating a loop (prolly the loop creation will be halted by the system, but nevertheless) Are you talking about Message Journaling? There will be no loops. Patrick Meganck wrote: > Hi, > > I'm about to configure Message archiving on a Exch2000 ...

Color for chart series auto-assigned after 56?
Using Excel 2000, I am having a color issue with charts that exceed 5 series. Below is some sample VBA to reproduce the issue. The cod creates a bar chart with 60 series. The RGB color I have chosen i white (255, 255, 255). You will notice that beginning with series 57 the color of the columns no longer gets assigned the color that I want Excel starts auto-assigning colors at this point. I have reproduce this faithfully 100% of the time. Has anyone seen this before? I there a programatic workaround so that I don't have to manually chang the colors after the fact? Thanks- Craig Sub ...

Auto Email
Hello, I was woundering if this is possible and if so how. I want to "Auto send" an email to 4 people once a month and in this email it would include the information from two sheets from my workbook. The first sheet is named "Years Of Service" and in the email I need to include the info in cells B2:D2 down to B20:D20. Then from my second sheet named "Birthdays" I need the email to include info from cells B2:C2 down to B20:C20. Thanks, Chad For all Excel email questions get answers at Ron de Bruin's site. Note the SendMail add-in available as well as th...

Allow Auto Filter Within Macro in Excel 2003 (SP2)
I have the following macro which asks the user for a password and then passwords all sheets within a workbook which works exactly as I want. Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If WS.ProtectContents = True Then Title = "Sheet already Protected" Style = vbCritical Message = WS.Name & " already protected" MsgBox Message, Style, Title E = E + 1 Else Title = "Doing Protection" Style = vbInformation Message = WS.Name & "...

Exchange 2000 : Can't hide Domain Admin owned mailboxes
We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Our postmaster doesn't have domain admin status and we don't want to change that if possible. In Active Directory Users & Computers, the postmaster can hide any Exchange 2000 mailbox except the ones that belong to domain admin accounts. The message «Access Denied» is shown when trying the command Is it normal ? Is there a solution other than giving domain admin status to the postmaster ? "R. Garant" <richard.garant@saaq.gouv.qc.ca.invalid> wrote: >We are currently migrating from Excha...

How to manually delete mailboxes
How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. I also would like to remove these people from the Global address book. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:14:03 -0700, gtucker <gtucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete >some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. >I also would like to remove these people from the Global addr...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

MailBoxes Quota Setting
Hi All, Sorry to bother u, I have a question about the MailBoxes Quota Setting on Exchange Server 2003 For decreasing the administrative time, is that possible to set the mailboxes quota limitation as quick as possible Something like to set several different size by Group?, or by some of the AD Properties Except: 1. by Storage(Exchange Server, 4 mail groups is the limitation for one Exchange Server. 2. by User (AD, set one by one in the company, which has hundreds user @.@) best regards Stanley Chen System Support Engineer ps. Third party Tool is available if it's worth to pay. thanks a...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

auto word select
Hi, i need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto select words so that i dont have to type the full word every time. I heard that i need incorporate a combo box. Thanks for your help ...

Security Warning 02-03-10
I have Access 2007. Whenever I open any database, including ones I create, I get a security warning that "certain content in the database has been disabled." How do I get rid of this obnoxious warning and allow these proven databases to open with all content enabled without degrading security? Michael Follow that Options button. Open the Trust Center. Set the folder/path in which your dbs live as trusted. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or descrip...

Word Auto Correct works in Outlook text but not not Subject
I am using Word as Email Editor in Outlook 2003 - Auto Correct works OK in the text ot the message in original messages, replies and forwards - but does not work in the Subject Line of a new outward message? No it wont, just as it doesnt in the To, Bcc lines The subject line is just for that, its not supposed to be a 'story' "HelpNZ" <HelpNZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67B21F19-D251-43DB-886E-DCB8FDDD2E9D@microsoft.com... >I am using Word as Email Editor in Outlook 2003 - Auto Correct works OK in > the text ot the message in orig...

Folder sizes
When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures shown include mail in Outlook archive folders? Beemer The folder size is for either the Personal Folders or the individual Folder, depending where accessed from The Archive is a completely seperate pst "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uiEUwF8ZHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures > shown include mail in Outlook archive folders? > > Beemer > > "DL" <address...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Outlook 2007: Disable Security Certificate Warning
When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to continue using this server? This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server? Cheers, Chase Hi Chase, The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the prompt, ...

On server, how to find closed archived sent folder
I think my archived sent folder was on my companies server and I should have not but I closed it (I used help to find it... so I thought it opened it... so I should then close it when done). I also moved some files in there to a then created folder... that must have been made in the archived sent folder... because it also is no longer there. So guess I'll wait for the tech guy to tell me it's lost... or...? Where is the "closed" outlook archived sent folder? thanks If this is your default archive .pst file, you should be able to find = its location in Tools | Options | Ot...

Auto Lookup
I have a table that I have created and I want to have one field auto populated with information from another table based on two other fields in the first table. I.E. Table One - Super Office and Office would pull the Admin Code from Table Two. Can this be done? If so, how? On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:01:01 -0700, FDA <FDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that I have created and I want to have one field auto >populated with information from another table based on two other fields in >the first table. > >I.E. Table One - Super Office and Office would ...

User with Exchange Admin role CANNOT move mailbox
One of my users has the Exchange Administrator role in System Manager AND I have verifed that she has modify access to the file 'mapisvc.ini' on the computer she runs ADUC (per KB 616792) but she is still unable to move a mailbox from one Exchange 2000 server to another. She receives the following error: Error: Connecting to source server. CN=Mouse\, Jane,OU=xxxx,OU=xxxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xxx,DC=xxxx: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 Thanks, Megan Take a look at these articles and ...