authentication error on exchange server 2010

hi, i have this problem:
in my organization I have an Exchange Server 2010 with Outlook 2007 client
and everything works properly. If active owa I enable basic authentication.
When enabled basic authentication owa works fine but Outlook requires
continuously username / password.
Suggestions?
thanks

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:19:01 -0700, fc <fc@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>hi, i have this problem:
>in my organization I have an Exchange Server 2010 with Outlook 2007 client
>and everything works properly. If active owa I enable basic authentication.
>When enabled basic authentication owa works fine but Outlook requires
>continuously username / password.
>Suggestions?
>thanks

Over and over and never letting you in?
If Outlook Anywhere is set to basic you're going to get prompted once
and then you're in.
Can you clarify the problem?
0
Mark
3/16/2010 1:16:35 PM
Hi Mark,
excuse for my bad English.
I have an organization that uses standard outlook on lan.
To use OWA I have enabled basic authentication correct?
If I enable this, my Outlook client in LAN call
the password, you can avoid this?
thanks

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:19:01 -0700, fc <fc@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >hi, i have this problem:
> >in my organization I have an Exchange Server 2010 with Outlook 2007 client
> >and everything works properly. If active owa I enable basic authentication.
> >When enabled basic authentication owa works fine but Outlook requires
> >continuously username / password.
> >Suggestions?
> >thanks
>
> Over and over and never letting you in?
> If Outlook Anywhere is set to basic you're going to get prompted once
> and then you're in.
> Can you clarify the problem?
> .

Error Sending Message on Behalf of Specified User
Hello, Small Business Server 2000 (Exchange 2000). A while back, I set up incoming faxes to be routed to a mailbox called Fax when using MS Shared Fax following the steps in KBase article 311529 (How to Configure the Shared Fax Service to Route Incoming Fax Jobs to a Common Inbox). I gave a Security Group called FaxAdmins "full mailbox access" to the Fax mailbox. Everything worked fine and the receptionists were able to log into the mailbox and forward the fax to the intended recipient. When I came in today, it no longer worked. Now, when the receptionist tries to forward the messa...

sbs 2008 console error
Good day, after the migration we have some problems with sbs 2008 console: we cannon't create the user with console. We can create with manual command. An exception of type 'Type: Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Admin.Common.ADException, AdminCommon, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' has occurred. Timestamp: 03/09/2010 19:21:28 Message: La funzionalità Windows SBS Console non è stata configurata correttamente. Stack: in Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Admin.Common.ProductADConstants.GetRolesDistinguishedName() ...

emails duplicated in CRM db and exchange?
if we send an email and track it, does that mean the message is stored in the exchange 2003 DB as well as the CRM SQL DB? Meaning, if I delete the exchange message it is still located in CRM? Yes, that's how it works. -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "justin" <justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808C7DE8-31BB-4963-8BBA-766573AB4E11@microsoft.com... > if we send an email and track it, does that mean the message is stored in > the > exchange 2003 DB as well as the CRM SQL DB? > > M...

Explanation of Exchange Server
Help! I am trying to figure out if changing from a peer-to-peer to Microsoft Small Business Server in order to utilize Outlook w/Business Contact Manager is right for my organization. I need an explanation of MAPI enabled vs. non-MAPI enabled Exchange Server. We utilize one mail server externally for our email. We do need to be able to view each other's calendar. Jennifer, Please take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/default.asp In order to effectively use the group collaboration features of Exchange you will need to either use MAPI enabled Outloo...

Convert Lead to Account produces an Error
I receive the following Error whe nattempting to convert a Lead to an Account. (See more Info at bottom of this post). Also - I can convert a newly created (test) Lead with no problem. ********************************** Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 04-26-2005 Time: 1:34:33 PM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: sbs.tiltrac.com ************************ More Inf...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

Upgrading from NT Domain to W2k & Exchange 2000
We have today a NT domain (PDC and bdc's are NT, rest of servers are w2k). We are going to upgrade to W2k with AD (mixed mode for now) and exchange 2000. The problem is we are going to change the domain name. We have planned that after the dc's and ad is up and running, we want to upgrade the 5.5 to exchange 2000. Is the correct procedure to join the exchange 5.5 to the new domain name then start the upgrading procedure?? Thanks P. Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 don't let you rename the domain. Best bet - set up a new AD forest with new domain name and migrate. -- Bharat Sunej...

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

I just install Office 2003 I get error- interface not registered .
I get this error INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED when using Outlook create mail when I attached a Word Doc to it, If I use Word to create e-mail with the same letter I get the same error. Regardless of which program I use the mail cannot be sent Make sure your Word version is 2003, too. Versions must match. "Thomsign" wrote: > I get this error INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED when using Outlook create mail when > I attached a Word Doc to it, > If I use Word to create e-mail with the same letter I get the same error. > Regardless of which program I use the mail cannot be sent Not...

The Microsoft agreement error
The Microsoft agrrement keeps coming up even and i agree to the question. end user agreement comes up to accept every time I open word, excel or outlook I am using 2003, I had to reinstall this on my new computer running win 7 after I accept it I can use it when I close down and try to open it again I get the message "You must accept the end user agreement" Anyone can help me on this I can not open my templates in Quick Books Pro. Log on to the computer as Administrator and accept the EULA. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to ava...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

HQ Admin Error: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO)
I am having a problem with HQ Admin after upgrading to SQL Server Express on my HQ Server computer (running 1.3R). HQ Admin works fine in all respects from this computer. However, when I try to run HQ Admin from any other computer on the network I get this error when I try to connect: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO) I can run HQ manager and enter the configuration fine. However, I am restricted from connecting (so I can't run SQL queries). Any ideas? Apparently I am not alone... I found this old post on Goog...

How to resolve fatal error LNK1168 error?
I have created an addin which after building generates a .dll file.But whenever i make some changes to the code & try to rebuild i always get the error Linking... LINK : fatal error LNK1168: cannot open Debug/Qmore_1.dll for writing Error executing link.exe. But after unchecking the addin in the Addins & Macro Files tab in Tools->Customize & then closing Visual Studio IDE & again restarting the IDE it builds fine. Can anyone suggest what is to be done to get rid of this error? priyanka.biswas2480@gmail.com wrote: : > Can anyone suggest what is to be done to get rid of ...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

Error message while matching
Hello, I am trying to match a landed cost to a shipment to create a payable. I've clicked the LC box, and when the "match to invoice" window pops up, the receipt number is available, and I've clicked on it and "ok'd" it. The following message comes up: "ne or more items for the selected documents are not available to be matched. No matches were made". Has anyone come across this or know what it means? ...

msvcr80.dll is missing error on Outlook 2007 installation
I am trying to upgrade to Office 2007 from 2003. I was able to download the software and it installed ok except for Outlook. The program opened briefly and I saw my folders had been imported to Outlook 2007 but I was given a message that the file msvcr80.dll was missing and the program stopped running. I was unable to get it to run at all with the same error message each time I tried it. On the initial install, I also got the message that “rtfhtml.dll is missing” as well. I tried installing those two files to windows>system 32 and windows>system directories but it...

Why is it continuously contacting server
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Ever since then, outlook is almost continuously contacting the server. It does this so often that i barely have time to delete messages or even read them. I ran diagnostics and nothing was found. It is running my limited download up to near 90% and I am getting notices from my ISP on this. How can I fix this? "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9703D30-571F-44FE-91D8-ED2CB6A2CC5D@microsoft.com... >I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Why? Uninstalling and re-install...

Error Message 0x800CCC78 #2
I am receiving error message 0x800CCC78 when I try to send emails from Outlook 2002. I made a mistake in my original post. I said I was receiving this error message from Outlook Express. It is Outlook 2002 not Outlook Express. Please let me know how to resolve this error so that I can begin sending emails again. I can receive emails, I just cannot send them Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file after you get this error? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "...

Publish Customizations Error
Hello, I added some objects to the Scheme Manager and when I assign them to Contacts and try to publish the changes, I get the following error: <Server01>: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server. Then I check the Event Viewer and find the following error under Application: Event Type: Error Event Source: DMSNAPIN Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 09/09/2005 Time: 14:35:28 User: N/A Computer: <Server01> Description: Web exception Status = ProtocolError Error de HttpGet Unauthorized : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized....

PrivFoldCheck and PubFoldCheck error
I am upgrading from exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and i get the following errors when I run exdeploy. It says to check the windows application event log and i check it and see nothing. What does this mean? Error: PrivFoldCheck detected an error while performing Private Folder DS/IS Consistency Adjustment on the Exchange 5.5 server. Check the Windows Application Event Log on that server for details. Error: PubFoldCheck detected an error while performing Public Folder DS/IS Consistency Adjustment on the Exchange 5.5 server. Check the Windows Application Event Log on that server for details. ...

POS Journal runtime error
I get a runtime error every time I click the Journal button in POS and get kicked out when I click OK. Is this a known bug? It has happened with a few different clients. Phil, Maybe you could be a little more specific about the error message? If you're a reseller, why don't you look up the error message in PartnerSource yourself? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on &q...

undifined Symbol error when reprint the posted invoice
I just upgraded GP 10, but when I try to repint a posted invoice, I got the error saying "Undifined symbol 'F00545D01039Document Typ'. I have no probem to print the posted inovice before the upgrade. Please help. Thanks, Kevin Check the following knowledgebase article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;862263 -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > I just upg...

Exchange Public folders Internet Newsgroups
I noticed that in the public folders there is a 'Internet Newsgroups' folder. Is it possible to retrive/post to microsoft newsgroups like this one using this folder? =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?= <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04E06572-81DD-410E-BE7C-D6521C7CFA57@microsoft.com: > I noticed that in the public folders there is a 'Internet Newsgroups' > folder. > Is it possible to retrive/post to microsoft newsgroups like this one > using > this folder? The MS servers don't support that type of feed. You'd need to use another ISP to recei...

NNTP NewsFeeds via Exchange
I am trying to use the newsreader functionality of exchange 2003. My understanding is that through the Exchange System Manager, I can setup a connection to a news server, subscribe to certain groups, and have them published to my public folders for our internal users to take advantage of. I have setup the connection, and I get a listing of groups, but there are no articles in the groups. I have tried with the microsoft newsgroups and a site called newsdemon, but I get the same result with both. Can I not use this feature with the same type of service that I would use for a desktop ...

Authenticating internal server
So here is the scenario. We have database server that is running rational Clearquest. When we generate a new ticket request it generates an email that will be sent back to the submitter and to whom ever is assigned to the ticket. The email is sent through smtp port 25. The problem is that since we upgraded to Exchange 2003 the email generated from the database server is not authenticated with the Exchange 2003 server so it shows up as an un-authenticated email. So in outlook the email says its from j...@test.com, when we want it to show as authenticated like "John Doe" as the from us...