Authentication #3

We have remote offices connected through a vpn, and this situation work well.

At one of our remote offices (different subnet) there is a scanner which
will allow us to scan a document directly to an email.
How can I allow exchange (2003 on SBS) to pass this email through?
Ideally, I would enter the IP address to allow, but quite frankly, I haven't
a clue where to start.

Any help here would be appreciated.
Thanks
Denis
0
Denis (38)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 04:59:02 -0700, Denis
<Denis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have remote offices connected through a vpn, and this situation work well.
>
>At one of our remote offices (different subnet) there is a scanner which
>will allow us to scan a document directly to an email.
>How can I allow exchange (2003 on SBS) to pass this email through?
>Ideally, I would enter the IP address to allow, but quite frankly, I haven't
>a clue where to start.
>
>Any help here would be appreciated.
>Thanks
>Denis

What is this kit that does the scanning and how does it get it into
email Protocols, that kind of thing?
0
mark7219 (5667)
9/6/2006 2:02:23 PM
Configure your scanner IP as an allowed relay in Exchagne System
Manager, Protocols, SMTP Virtual Server Properties, Relay tab. Your
scanner should also have some interface for you to configure the
parameters such as what mail server to send the docs to.

James Chong
MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com
ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/

Denis wrote:
> We have remote offices connected through a vpn, and this situation work well.
>
> At one of our remote offices (different subnet) there is a scanner which
> will allow us to scan a document directly to an email.
> How can I allow exchange (2003 on SBS) to pass this email through?
> Ideally, I would enter the IP address to allow, but quite frankly, I haven't
> a clue where to start.
>
> Any help here would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Denis

0
jamestechman (1267)
9/6/2006 4:37:53 PM
Thanks
I'm pretty sure that's what I was looking for.

"jamestechman@gmail.com" wrote:

> Configure your scanner IP as an allowed relay in Exchagne System
> Manager, Protocols, SMTP Virtual Server Properties, Relay tab. Your
> scanner should also have some interface for you to configure the
> parameters such as what mail server to send the docs to.
>
> James Chong
> MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
> ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/
>
> Denis wrote:
> > We have remote offices connected through a vpn, and this situation work well.
> >
> > At one of our remote offices (different subnet) there is a scanner which
> > will allow us to scan a document directly to an email.
> > How can I allow exchange (2003 on SBS) to pass this email through?
> > Ideally, I would enter the IP address to allow, but quite frankly, I haven't
> > a clue where to start.
> >
> > Any help here would be appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Denis

0
Denis (38)

Pay Out Report #3
Does anyone have a report that will list pay out transaction details? There is an old post from 2007 that mentions one, but I can't get to the file from a newreader client since it's so old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark Marc, Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate you taking the time to post that up. Regards, Mark "Marc" wrote: > This was the original report that I found a few years ago. I use this > modified with ReasonCode <> drop because I do not want to see cash drops on > my paid out report. &g...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

Installing CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 RS on the same server
I hope that my experiences may be useful to anyone attempting to install CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 Reporting Services ("RS" hereafter) on the same server. LESSON 1: Make sure that the IIS website RS is running on is configured to use port 80. I've noticed that if you attempt to tell the CRM installer to use a URL for RS that has a port number in it (for example: http://localhost:8080/ReportServer/) then you may receive the following cryptic error: "The specified path is not a metabase path." If you receive this error, try running RS on port 80, and omitting the :por...

DATE #3
Can anyone tell me the right formulae to add up days, months and years to an existing date? I know it works with DATE() but for some mysterious reason it doesn't work with me. It's simple yet: 2007-03-06 + xxx days + xxx months + xxx years and that sum should give me the right answer. Please... Hi Walter With 2007-03-06 in cell A1 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+x,MONTH(A1)+y,DAY(A1)+z) where x is the number of years to add, y the number of months and z the number of days. These could equally be cell references holding the appropriate figures. -- Regards Roger Govier "Walter" <wa...

formatting cells #3
Is there a global format that will change the same cell on multiple sheets within the same worksheet, simultaneously? If you select a group of sheets - e.g, select the leftmost sheet tab, hold down shift and click the rightmost tab - any changes you make in one sheet gets made in all of them, including formatting. Right-click a selected tab and choose "Ungroup sheets" before performing operations that you want to pertain to one sheet only. In article <2d64701c469c1$2e8ddc30$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "C.C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is...

Upgrading CRM 1.2 to 3.0
Hi, running CrmUpgradeAdvisor.exe, I got only the following error: "Instance name must be the same as machine name" Since OS installation and SQL installation the server name and SQL instance name have been the same, so, what's or where is the error??? I don't know why I'm getting this error, I have never changed servername or SQL instance name. Software: W2003 SP1 and SQL 2000 with SP4, Did I have to do something especial after SQL SP4 Installation? Any help would be apreciated. Sounds like your 1.2 installation is using a named SQL instance, and 3.0 doesnt ...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

Authenticating internal server
So here is the scenario. We have database server that is running rational Clearquest. When we generate a new ticket request it generates an email that will be sent back to the submitter and to whom ever is assigned to the ticket. The email is sent through smtp port 25. The problem is that since we upgraded to Exchange 2003 the email generated from the database server is not authenticated with the Exchange 2003 server so it shows up as an un-authenticated email. So in outlook the email says its from j...@test.com, when we want it to show as authenticated like "John Doe" as the from us...

Deply CRM 3 Using SMS 2003 sp2
Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What pitfalls did you see, if any? Just to clarify - CRM v3 Client for Outlook (both the full and the light client) "English Keith" wrote: > Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What > pitfalls did you see, if any? On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:50:19 -0800, English Keith <English Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What >pitfalls did you see, if any? You can't do this and I have...

Free Best Forex eBooks #3
-- Free Best Forex eBooks http://www.net-invest-mx.com ...

File Size #3
I am running XP Pro OS and using Office 2003 Pro. When I try to send a file larger than 1 MB, the email sits in my outgoing box. It actually is sent but never reaches my sent items folder. I have to send the email, contact the recipient to ensure they received the mail & then delete the email from the outgoing box. Any help is appreciated ...

help #3
could not start the microsoft exchange internet mail service on local computer Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start Greetings This generally happens when one of the services that the System Attendant depends on cannot be started For details refer to: XADM: System Attendant Fails To Start With Error 1068 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=182514 Hope this helps! Regards, Fareed Mohammed Khan MCTPK User Group "lutfi@dbs.net.tr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22b4f01c45d80$ae136440$a501280a@phx.gbl... > could not start...

Create a file larger than 3 gb
All, I am having an issue create a file larger than 3 GB. I am using CreateFile and WriteFile. Any ideas how to create one past 3 GB? Here is what I am doing. Thanks in advance... BOOL bWrite = TRUE; HANDLE hFile = CreateFile("c:\\test.dat", GENERIC_WRITE, FILE_SHARE_WRITE, 0, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN, 0); while(bWrite == TRUE) { memset(szData, 0, sizeof(szData)); WriteFile(hFile, szData, sizeof(szData), &dwBytesWrite, NULL); Sleep(.5); dwSize = GetFileSize(hFile, NULL); if(dwSize >= (1024 * 1024 * 1024 * 5)) { bWr...

CRM Beta 3.0
OK in Outlook, perhaps I have missed something. You can open a single record and then from the Actions menu, choose Assign. But what if I want to choose multiple Accounts, then assign them to someone else. When I select multiple items, the More Actions menu only shows Sharing... no Assign. If I have to reassign a larger number of contacts say 15 - 20, do I have to do them one at a time or is there a fast multi-select way to so this re-assignment? Thanks! Shauna Create a manual workflow rule that Assigns them to whoever you want, select the accounts you want to assign and choose Appl...

Importing CRM 3.0 Workflows in CRM 4.0?
Is there anyway to do this? Thanks I believe that you should Upgrade them to the CRM 4.0 (can do on test system )and then import in your CRM 4.0 production system. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ On Sep 4, 5:42 pm, Aamir Bashir <whatels...@gmail.com> wrote: > I believe that you should Upgrade them to the CRM 4.0 (can do on test > system )and then import in your CRM 4.0 production system. > > ------ > Aamir > > Blog =http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ u must do only upgradation.When u upgrade the workflows from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 some ch...

Conversion from access 97 to 2002/ DAO 3.51 to 3.6
Hi, We recently upgraded an access 97 file to 2002. As a result all our code required DAO 3.6 to access the database. Our VB application seems to be reading fine, but our C++ dll is running soooo slowly in comparison. Any idea what it could be since both pieces of code are both using the same DAO 3.6 library. NOTE: both worked relatively fast in DAO 3.51 in access 97. Michael -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "Michael Jones via AccessMonster.com" <forum@AccessMonster.com> wrote in message news:e791a0856e5e4054a616bebc5a048b4b@AccessMonster.com... >...

Outlook links #3
When I click on a link in my email, I get a message that I cannot do this from my computer and to contact an Administrator ...

Not Authentic!!?
I downloaded a Microsoft update and now it says my Outlook 2007 is not authentic. I don't get the same message with the rest of the Office 2007 suite. I find it hard to believe there's a problem - I paid a lot of money for the software. How do I fix this? If I have to update Outlook 2007, is there a site where I can download outlook only? -- Alan Zengel Alan;113352 Wrote: > I downloaded a Microsoft update and now it says my Outlook 2007 is not > authentic. I don't get the same message with the rest of the Office > 2007 > suite. I find it har...

CRM Mobile 3.0 client
how to change the user credential for my CRM Mobile in my mobile device? Do I have to re-install CRM mobile in the device? Close crm mobile on your device, Search for the file "dvcreg.sdf", delete it. restart crm mobile and register it with your new credentials. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E3702759-0B8B-40EF-AAA1-F8F158AE3846@microsoft.com... > how to change the user credential for my CRM Mobile in my mobile device? > > Do I have to re-install CRM mobile in the device? ...

Cannot install DPM agent (3.0.7558.0) on Windows Server 2003
Hi, I am trying to install DPM agent on a Windows Server 2003 using the DPM 2010 Administrator Console but end up with this error message: "Unable to connect to the Active Directory Domain Services database. Make sure that the DPM server is a member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the DPM server and the domain controller. ID: 7 Details: The server is not operational (0x8007203A)" I have also tryed 1) removing DPM Agent from server to be protected 2) installing DPM Agent directly on serve...

Internet to CRM 3.0
I installed CRM 3,0 in my company and now he would like to liberate the access for the Internet when I to be outside of my work. That is possible? Yes, you will need to setup a perimeter network or otherwise known as a DMZ. If you already have a perimeter network, you can have a server that is in the DMZ and accessing your database through ISA server or some other means. Something to keep in mind is CRM Reports may not work when accessing from the internet. "Washington" wrote: > I installed CRM 3,0 in my company and now he would like to liberate the > access for the ...

Data change color when entered 3 times
I was wondering if there was a way for a number to change color once it has been entered three times into a spreadsheet. I just need a way to find out once I enter a number in three times that it will let me know, either a color change or anything. Thanks. You could conditionally format a range of cells. Lets say you are entering numbers in A2:A100. CF formula in cell A2 is: =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,A2)>=3 Pick a format color. Copy to other cells in range as needed. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Sherie&q...