Authenticated Users and Active Directory trust relationships?

We are in the process of merging with another organisation and have various distribution lists that they need
access to. Currently they are only accessible to 'authenticated users'. We are running Exchange 2003 and they
have 2007. What level of a trust relationship do we require between their AD and ours to allow them to use
these lists? Any help or pointers to articles on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.
0
Fuzzy

I believe they must use a mailbox on your system.  Or you can allow everyone
to send to them, not just authenticated users.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Fuzzy Logic" <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> We are in the process of merging with another organisation and have
> various distribution lists that they need
> access to. Currently they are only accessible to 'authenticated users'. We
> are running Exchange 2003 and they
> have 2007. What level of a trust relationship do we require between their
> AD and ours to allow them to use
> these lists? Any help or pointers to articles on this would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> TIA.

0
Ed

User Groups
I just started using Outlook 2003 and don't understand why it doesn't support User Groups. I still need to use Outlook Express to access them. Am I missing something or is this the way it's supposed to be? It just seems silly that Outlook 2003 doesn't support them. Some might call them News Groups too. "Rick" <Rick@nospam.com> wrote in message news:oKWdnU-oTr6mTaveRVn-1g@comcast.com... >I just started using Outlook 2003 and don't understand why it doesn't >support User Groups. I still need to use Outlook Express to access them. >Am...

Need to recover space in SBS Exchange 2003, questions about removing users
Our store is running low on space. I've asked users to archive and purge messages until management gets around to getting me a dedicated Excahnge Enterprise server. Part of the process I'm running is to remove users that are no longer with the company. I'm using the Manage User section of Server Management. The option to delete email is checked, I click on OK and the system does its thing. The user's name eventially disappears. When I look at the Mailboxes in Exchange System Manager, the user's name is still there. How long does it take for the mailbox to be removed? Par...

Help with user form
I need help with a user form that basically mimicks my worksheet. I need to get the data from the 29 text boxes on the user form to the matching columns and row on my worksheet. My worksheet looks like this: V# Vendor Name Inv-No Inv Amount Cat Amount Cost Retail Cost Retail Cost Retail the above columns are repeated 4 times My user form basically follows the same form. I need to have the user enter the data for the invoice which is then copied to the worksheet, and start the process over again until all invoice are entered. Any help is appreciated, I have been struggling with th...

Error Sending Message on Behalf of Specified User
Hello, Small Business Server 2000 (Exchange 2000). A while back, I set up incoming faxes to be routed to a mailbox called Fax when using MS Shared Fax following the steps in KBase article 311529 (How to Configure the Shared Fax Service to Route Incoming Fax Jobs to a Common Inbox). I gave a Security Group called FaxAdmins "full mailbox access" to the Fax mailbox. Everything worked fine and the receptionists were able to log into the mailbox and forward the fax to the intended recipient. When I came in today, it no longer worked. Now, when the receptionist tries to forward the messa...

Web Services User Authentification
We are just looking into using Web Services and are having a problem linking the Domain user to a SQL Dynamic's user. When we run the web part, we are receiving a user error message. How do we link the Domain user to a SQL Dynamic's user. Thank you, Amy ...

Question about changing user name
I had this school project that said we have to change the user name to our full name. So after I downloaded the trial version of MS Project, I changed my user name. (Tools > Options > General...) Finished my project. But I did commit a big mistake. I don't want to go into details... My question is: Is it possible that I send someone my project (with my user name) and they change the user name to their name, save the project ...and when the teacher opens it my user name shows??? I don't know if it is clear what I'm asking....but....I feel really bad because neve...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

Out of office assistant not working for one user
Exchange 2003 I have one user that the Out of office assistant is not working on. It will turn on and the system accepts it but it will not send any messages out. I have eliminated the windows profile. I logged user into another pc with a new windows profile. Connected to Exchange and the Exchange settings are still active. When I login it asks me if I want to turn the out of office assistant off. I say no and it still will not send any messages out. This has to be an exchange setting....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. is the user over his "prohibit send" lim...

Lotus Notes users do not see my Outlook signature correct
My signature looks perfekt in Outlook 2003 and XP versions. But when the signature is received by Notes users, the background pictures are missing and the table text is moved to the right. I have searched IBM web sites and forums for any Best Practices when designing HTML for Lotus Notes, but found no solution to the problem. Has anyone experience with html that are presented correct in Notes ? Thanks -- Jesper Frier www.jesperfrier.com Is there a Lotus notes forum available? They would have the best answer, not an Outlook group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

DDE Server does not free user objects on dual core CPUs
We have written a dde server in VC++ 6.0 using DDEML (called "server.exe" in the following text). When a dde client disconnects it sometimes happens that (probably due to timing problems?) the amount of user objects of the client as well as of the server.exe increases. As long as the server is running on single core CPU we could create a workaround by setting the thread priority of the server.exe to lowest priority. When we run the server.exe on hyperthreaded or dual core CPUs this workaround refuses to work. If hyperthreading is switched off, everthing works fine. When using ...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Find last user of computer from ActiveDirectory using Excel/VB
I want to be able to enter a computer name in a cell, and then for the active directory to return the last user who logged onto this computer into an adjoining cell. I'd ideally like to be able to run this against a list of computers held in excel. Hope that makes sense. ...

User logins/tracking sales
I'm curious to know if there is any way to force users to have to log in or identify them selves for every transaction. Right now, once one of my employees logs in in the morning they all just use that account and I cannot identify who made what sales. I know they could manually do it by clicking Secure (F9), but I don't want to rely on them to do that. I want the system to force it for every transaction, even if its just picking their name from a list or something. It just needs to be automatic otherwise I wont get consistent information. You can tell RMS to login in for every...

[Exchange 2003] Same mailbox, multiple users
I need some users to share the same mailbox address; I tought about using public folders or distribution groups, but the main problem is the "From:" address when replying to a message: it will be the user's one, while I need it to be the shared one. So, I tought about the following system: - Create a "dummy" user (i.e. not actually used to log on to workstations) with a mailbox associated to the shared address - Grant full mailbox access on that mailbox to all the users who will be sharing it - Have the users log on to Exchange using the dummy user account, or hav...

Setting up users in a network enviroment
I work in an office and I am responsable to getting and setting up new users with Outlook email. I would like to know if there is a way to setup thier pst file so that when they logon outlook is already configured for them and I dont have to run to the individual computer with the user logged in to set it up? Set up of Outlook wrote: > I work in an office and I am responsable to getting and setting up > new users with Outlook email. I would like to know if there is a way > to setup thier pst file so that when they logon outlook is already > configured for them and I dont hav...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

copy of users emails
how can I as the administrator get copies of a user's "sent" or "received" email put into a copy folder? Thanks Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Do you want "all" users, or just a few? If it is everyone, then you can simply enable Journaling. On the properties of the Mailbox store, there is an option to archive a copy of all messages sent or received by the store to a specific mailbox. Of course, you need to be aware that this will be absolutely UGLY, as it just creates a copy of all messages and sticks them in the same Inbox. If you want a better sol...

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

Active Directory contacts not showing up in outlook
Hi, i'm having 2 funky issues. A) I'm creating some contacts in the Active Directory tree for my domain, they dont show up in Outlook 2003 when I click on the "From" box no matter what I do. B) That brings me to my second question.. How to I grant people permission to send email as mail enabled contacts as opposed to mailbox enabled users. I know how to grant people permission to send email as mailbox enabled users, thats fairly straight forward. Thanks in advance if anyone knows, its exchange 2003 by the way. -Drew See comments below: "Drew Weaver" &...

Matching user entry to database value and pasting to correct cells
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Basically it is a daily sales log. On worksheet 1 the user will input multiple daily sales figures and the date. Worksheet 2 is the historical sales figures. The theoretical usage will be for the end user to go to worksheet 1, enter the date and daily sales figures and click the save data button. I am seeking a formula that will look at the date entry and paste the values from worksheet 1 into the proper line on worksheet 2 based on the date entry from worksheet 1. Example: Column A of worksheet 2 is simply a list of dates. January 13, 2...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

Strange folder in users mailbox
I have a user that has a folder on the server with no name. If I attempt to open the folder I get the message "The set of folders could not be opened". If I right click on the folder I have a very limited number of options. One is Close "<0w#25>" (with the quotes). If I select this I get a message that says "You cannot close the mailbox that contains your calendar, contacts and inbox". Any ideas what's going on here? TIA We are using Outlook/Exchange 2003 fully updated. I have seen this sort of behavior with different Macintosh clients. Occasionally...

Authenticating internal server
So here is the scenario. We have database server that is running rational Clearquest. When we generate a new ticket request it generates an email that will be sent back to the submitter and to whom ever is assigned to the ticket. The email is sent through smtp port 25. The problem is that since we upgraded to Exchange 2003 the email generated from the database server is not authenticated with the Exchange 2003 server so it shows up as an un-authenticated email. So in outlook the email says its from j...@test.com, when we want it to show as authenticated like "John Doe" as the from us...

Mailbox Manager always runs on all users despite my filter
Hi, i'm using SBS 2003, and i want to set a mailbox manager up to clear certain peoples mailboxes. i've tried several querys on the filter, and each time i press find i get the correct mailboxes. but, when i start the mailbox management process it processes all the exchange mailboxes regardless. the attached report says it's using the correct recipient policy, so what gives? i cant for the life of me see what i'm doing wrong, it looks like it's not doing what it says is should :( i've searched here, and it seems that others have had the same problem, and no-on...

How I define a reflexive relationship in Access databases?
I need to define a reflexive relationship within a table, i.e. two fields that relate together in the same table. I know it is possble to do such a thing in Access projects but I do not know if Access data base offer the same feature. I am currently using MS Access 2003 SP2. Thank you for your help. On Oct 5, 4:56 pm, Pagliaccio <Pagliac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to define a reflexive relationship within a table, i.e. two fields > that relate together in the same table. I know it is possble to do such a > thing in Access projects but I do not know if Acce...