Attachment size question

Hey everyone,

We are running Windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1
(clustered).  I know how to track a msg. with the "Message Tracking Center"
but what I want to kown is, is there a way to tell (a report of some type)
the sizes of attachments going through our Exchange systems?

--

TIA,

Clayton

P.S.:  I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it.
You can find it at:  http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod

*******************

0
none89 (807)

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:14:24 GMT, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com>
wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>We are running Windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1
>(clustered).  I know how to track a msg. with the "Message Tracking Center"
>but what I want to kown is, is there a way to tell (a report of some type)
>the sizes of attachments going through our Exchange systems?

Tracking a message with the MTC is as simple as punching in the
details of what you want to track or view.

As for getting reports out of those log files you will need a 3rd
party solution such as "Promodag" (in the low to mid tier market) to
capture those logs and interpret them in a way you want. The product
is pretty decent at reporting.

0
mark7219 (5666)
2/20/2007 6:54:22 AM
You can add the 'size' column to Message Tracking by right-clicking the
column bar.  It'll likely require some work to get what you want, but maybe
you can avoid a 3rd party app this way....

"Clayton Sutton" wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> We are running Windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1
> (clustered).  I know how to track a msg. with the "Message Tracking Center"
> but what I want to kown is, is there a way to tell (a report of some type)
> the sizes of attachments going through our Exchange systems?
>

> --
>
> TIA,
>

> Clayton
>

> P.S.:  I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it.
> You can find it at:  http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod
>
> *******************

0
SilverICE (243)
2/20/2007 8:01:13 PM
Thanks guys.

--

"Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
>
> We are running Windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1
> (clustered).  I know how to track a msg. with the "Message Tracking
> Center" but what I want to kown is, is there a way to tell (a report of
> some type) the sizes of attachments going through our Exchange systems?
>

> --
>
> TIA,
>

> Clayton
>

> P.S.:  I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it.
> You can find it at:  http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod
>
> *******************

0
none89 (807)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Template auto adjust when content size change
Hi, can I draw up a template and insert a graphic in excel whereby when the graphic size is changed, the template will auto adjust for print out in A4 paper ? If no, any idea which MS software should I be using ? ...

Printing

Questions before deploying the crm 1.2 system
Hello! We have been reviewing the documentation before deploying the MS CRM 1.2. We have a couple of oquestions: 1. When we install the crm will the CRM installation upgrade or in any way modify the Active directory schema? 2. Why are the Exchange router installed? 3. How many users can you run on a single CRM server? (I know that it is dependent on the HW) an example would be nice! Regards Niclas Lundstrom, Product Manager ...

how to chart question
Hi. I have some data about failures. the log file is like this (but really much longer): app1 03/04/2006 08:51 app2 03/04/2006 09:42 app1 03/04/2006 18:33 app3 03/05/2006 00:14 app1 03/05/2006 00:21 app2 03/05/2006 01:52 app1 03/06/2006 02:51 app3 03/06/2006 08:54 I would like to create some charts but don't know how. ex: app 3/4 3/5 3/6 app1 x x x app2 x app3 x ========================================= can someone point me in the correct direction? I'm guessing I'll have to group the data somehow. I have lots of data, so I...

dialog size varies
It seems that my dialog scales with the fontsize setting for the desktop. Is it possible to keep it a consistent size? ...

Size Matters
I hope this got your attention. ;-) I do not have any SIZE restrictions on either my MTA or my IMC yet email over a certain SIZE does not go thru. Testing reveals that only email under 3MB goes through. (This is Outlook size, which has a smaller MB footprint when compared to the size at the destination email addresses). Where is the SIZE limit set or is this being filtered by my ISP? What is the "normal" SIZE? Mail (not male) SIZE that is. Another annoying phenomena is that I do not receive an NDR when a large email goes out. It just goes into "La LA Land" On o...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Data Type Question
I have two table tbl_Repairers and tbl_Job_Details related on a one to many on RepairerID field. tbl_Repairers RepairerID - Autonumber - Primary Key RepName - Text tbl_Job_Details RepairerID - Number - LookUp on RepName. <Other Fields> When I set up a query using the RepairerID field from the tbl_Job_Details, the values in the field show as text but if I want to run a query on one repairer e.g. "AT" then I get a data mismatch. If the criteria is entered as '1' then I get the results I want. How can I adjust the query such that if I want to see al...

Newbie question with Excel Hyperlinks
I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the software that opens the image.? Thanks in advance -- Greg Eshleman ETEMCO 1370 Arcadia Rd Lancaster, PA 17601 717-393-9653 EXT. 15 717-299-9430 FAX On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, "GE" <geshlema at etemco dot net> wrote: > I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the > software that opens the image.? > > Thanks in advance > > -- > Greg Eshleman > ETEMCO > 1370 Arcadia Rd > Lancaster, PA 17601 > 717-393-9653 EXT. 15 > 717-299-9430 FAX I think you wou...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

add multiple labels sizes to word as an new producer
Hi all, is there a way to add multiple labelformats to word. Its easy to add 1 new size but if you have 200 sizes and want to add this to word and make is distributable then it is not working. for word 97 and word 2000 this was not a problem We did it by regfile editing see below: is there a way to add multiple label sizes to word 2007 ? for example by using database or xml... reagards, Geert REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Word\Custom Labels] "costum 0102"=hex:1d,03,56,00,00,00,6d,00,57,00,6b,08,00,00,b2,04,00,00,37,02,\ 00,0...

directory structure xsl transformation question
I really have 2 questions regarding the following xml snippet. The xml is a directory representation. <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <FileSystem> <Row> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Root</Name> <Directory>Root</Directory> <Dir>true</Dir> <ParentID>0</ParentID> </Row> <Row> <ID>2</ID> <Name>c:\temp\boot\windowsapplication1\bin</Name> <Directory>c:\temp\boot\windowsapplication1\bin</Directory> <Dir>true<...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Newbie Multiple domain Question
Current setup: @abc.com domain A @efg.com domain B Domain A has a two-way trasitive trust with Domain B Domain A and B have tree root level trust Domain A has all the exchange servers Domain B will use Domains A's exchange mailstore Domain B can create users and specify what servers mailstore there mailbox will reside in; however when looking at that mailstore after a user has been created users mailbox does not exsist. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks, T On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:17:01 -0700, Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Current setup: >@abc.com d...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Newbie questions
Hi there After many years of using Outlook express I am locking at moving over to Outlook. What I am about to ask has probable been asked a thousand times on the group, but I'm new here so I'm sorry. I am using Outlook 2000 I have run Outlook for the first time and said yes to the default directory where the files are held, thinking that I would be able to change it after like in express, but I can't see how, where or how do I change this directory? I have a main pc and a notebook, don't know if this can be done but can I sync the data between the 2 systems? If ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

vlookup question #3
My wife owns a t-shirt company and I'm trying to help her write a spreadsheet that will calculate price per shirt printed using a vlookup formula. The table has 10 rows of quantities in the left column and 6 colums of colors 1-6 across the top row. As long as I only use one vlookup (for a one sided print job) it works perfectly. Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to add a second vlookup for the number of colors to be printed on the back of each shirt. As long as I have a quantity of 1 to 6 it works fine. It's when the value is 0 or blank that something is going very wrong. Th...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...