Attach POP3 Mailboxes to an Exchange mailbox

Hi All,

Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users
exchange mailbox?

Thanks,
Tarran

0
Tarran (4)

Not without 3rd party products.

Tarran wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users
> exchange mailbox?
>
> Thanks,
> Tarran

0
kpalagin (1838)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Mailbox Rights modification logging
I am trying to find a way to generate an event in the event logs of either Exchange or a Domain Controller that will identify when the "Mailbox Rights" for a user is modified. I have enabled logging for "account management" and on my test user have enabled auditing for everyone / everything. Yet when I modify the users mailbox rights it does not appear in any of the Event Logs. AFAIK, there is no way to audit changes to the mailbox rights. These are not Active Directory permissions, so AD auditing won't help you. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspo...

Exchange 2000 MSExchangeAL Error Event ID 8331
Hello All, I am just getting an error that goes something like this... I have found some information with this error for 2003 but nothing for 2000. I just finished trying to re-apply post sp3 update and cycled the box. Can anyone help with this error on exchange 2000??? Bob Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Date: 5/24/2006 Time: 11:32:13 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at m:\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4664) For more information, click h...

Printing

exchange 5.5 problem #7
i have a client with a mid-sized exchange 5.5 setup. ive pushed forever to upgrade to no avail. so 5.5 is what im stuck with here. problem is lately the outgoing queue will have upwards of 50,000 messages in it, all originating from foreign ip addresses. it seems no matter what we do we cant get this server to stop acting as an open relay... any suggestions? On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:46:39 GMT, <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote: >i have a client with a mid-sized exchange 5.5 setup. ive pushed forever to >upgrade to no avail. so 5.5 is what im stuck with here. problem is late...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

exchange migration wizard
I am in the process of an Exchange 2003 email migration between 2 forest with an external trust that has been established. I would like to use the Exchange Server Migration tool, but on the screen where you pick the specific mailboxes to move, it gives me an error of "the data is invalid". The specified account does have Full exchange administrator rights. Manolo ...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration issue
After the migration, some of the distribution lists do not show in the AD. Other distribution lists and all mailboxes are working fine. Please advise how to fix this issue. Thx! -jesk On 4 Oct 2006 23:01:57 -0700, "jesk" <coocoonut@hotmail.com> wrote: >After the migration, some of the distribution lists do not show in the >AD. Other distribution lists and all mailboxes are working fine. >Please advise how to fix this issue. Thx! > >-jesk Some did and some didn't? So, that's a factor of the Active Directory Connector. You'll need to check the ...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Exchange Phantom Rules
We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server environment. On the client side, we are running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. I have an end user who is receiving forwarded e-mails from another individual. There used to be a rule in place to do this for a particular report, but this was removed long ago. However, the rules (behavior) persists and we can't find the location to get rid of it. This is starting to bug my user, any thoughts? Any help is appreciated. **We've already addressed the client-side rules and their isn't any, it has been determined that this...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Using Exchange to book boardroom
We've been running Exchange 2k3 for about 3 months now... and everything works great. We'd now like to use exchange to book/manage some of our board rooms. I've read about a couple of ways to do it. Anyone have any suggestions on the 'best' way? ;-) Thanks! You need to setup resource mailboxes for your conference room(s) and either a) set them up to autoaccept meeting requests when there are no conflicts or b) use the AutoAccept Agent (recommended). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=en Configu...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Mailbox permissions via EMS
Hi, Can mailbox permissions be set via EMS as in Outlook, i.e. Reviewer, Editor, Author, etc? We have numerous resources that need to be setup to allow Reviewer access and I've been going in by hand and setting each one individually via Outlook :-( This is what I tried using, but I can't seem to find the right verbiage... C:\>Add-MailboxPermission -AccessRights ReadPermission -Identity "ConfRoom - Curly" -User All Thanks! Tom Ps. Does anyone know of a comprehensive site (or upcoming book) for using the EMS? The syntax examples I've seen don't cove...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

some inbound mails get stopped at Exchange IMS server
Hello, I hope someone can help me understand this dilema. My environment: . A relay (running Sendmail on Linux) sits on DMZ, called RELAY1 . A MS exchange 5.5 IMS server, called SERVER1 . A MS exchange 5.5 mailbox server called SERVER2 Automatically generated emails from a website are sent to our users after they filled out information at the website. The problem is that my users don't received the mail. I investigated and saw that although the message entered our relay RELAY1, then SERVER1, it didn't get delivered to the mailbox server SERVER2. When I did a "Mess...

Exchange Disclaimer & GFI mailessentials v8
Hi All, Asides from the event sink method (which is not applicable for my site), it seems the only free option for disclaimers is the Mailessentials v8 from GFI. Does anyone know whether it hosted anywhere anymore? I grabbed the v12 from GFI - and the disclaimer function stopped after 10 days.... ta On 5 Aug 2006 03:26:27 -0700, shonkyholdings@gmail.com wrote: >Hi All, > >Asides from the event sink method (which is not applicable for my >site), it seems the only free option for disclaimers is the >Mailessentials v8 from GFI. Does anyone know whether it hosted anywhere >...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...