Are unexpected connections unexpected?

I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well.
But one thing:

I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any
active connections, and they are transient.

But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it
re-connects again!

And a connection from 218 73 212 5

I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay.

Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions?

(david)

0
david

It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing
the connection or responding slowly or not at all. You can follow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265139/en-us
to capture SMTP conversation.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
7/6/2006 10:25:05 AM
thanx, I'll try that out.

(david)

"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing
> the connection or responding slowly or not at all. You can follow
> to capture SMTP conversation.
>
> david epsom dot com dot au wrote:
>> I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well.
>> But one thing:
>>
>> I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any
>> active connections, and they are transient.
>>
>> But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it
>> re-connects again!
>>
>> And a connection from 218 73 212 5
>>
>> I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay.
>>
>> Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions?
>>
>> (david)
>>

> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
david

ADC has lost ability to connect to Exchange 5.5 server
Hey all.......just installed Exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 member server and I'm having problems completing the configuration recommendations of the deployment tools (exdeploy.hta). My office has one Exchange 5.5 server and we run windows 2000 active directory so I chose the installation for coexistence with 5.5 (obviously). Just last week I installed a demo version of the XWall spam filter. The spam filter was place on the same server as my exchange box (recommended) and to do this I had to change the port SMTP listens on from 25 to 24. The LDAP port in exchange got changed to 1427....I...

Error when connecting to online providor
Hi. I'm tryin to install the CRM 4.0 for Outlook klient (Office 2007). When typing the URL for the CRM online provider, this error eapears: The file '/MSCRMServices/2007/SPLA/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx' does not exist Som other klients in the same company, whith the same online provider, have no problems. Anyone knows what can trig that error? Best regards Jacob Mondrup ...

connect to quickbooks
Is there a way or addon to open excel and connect to Quickbooks and then refresh it like I can connect to other database? Jacob ...

Connection Filter
I have a one NIC SBS 2003 Std Server. I am applying ORDB and SPAMCOP for blacklist service in conjunction with IMF. When i apply connection filter on the virtual server all email gets blocked internal and external what am i doing wrong? On the virtual server i only have the internal (private) ip address and the all unassigned. Did you check the blacklists themselves to see what exactly they are blocking? Does one of them perhaps have an internal IP address range listed in it? Have you enabled any other portion of the Connection Filtering such as the Global IP accept/deny lists? You ...

Cannot connect to server.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an e-mail it says &quot;cannot connect to server. verify that your computer is connected to the network.&quot; I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Please help! On 6/5/10 7:15 PM, in article 59bb96fb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "junebug@officeformac.com" <junebug@officeformac.com> wrote: > pop Every time I try to send an e-mail it says "cannot connect to server. > verify that your computer is connected to the network.&qu...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

How to connect Microsoft Group to msoutlook
Please tell me how to connect microsoft group to msoutlook. Especially once I setup I reached to : News (NNTP) server in setup wizard of msoutlook. This place I am confused. Another issue : once I click the option, Notify me of replies I am not receiving any mail to my mail address. I can get reply and access only thru microsoft newsgroup. Outlook has no newsreader capability Newsgroups can be accessed in Outlook Express or Windows Mail "Kutty" <Kutty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB0B39...

RPC over HTTP Connection issue
I am trying to setup RPC over HTTP on my exchange 2k3 SP2 on a windows 2k3 server. I followed the list of directions and installed a certificate. I have a pix firewall and I am able to connect inside the firewall. When i try to connect from outside the firewall i notice in the connection status in outlook that it is trying to connect to the netbios name instead of the fqdn. I am not sure why that is. Check your Outlook configuration. Is the proxy configuration correct? Nue "Derrick" <Derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B0A9E8-39E1-4B4A-B346-4...

Dial up Connection Box opens when starting Outlook
A problem has recently occured when I open Outlook. The Dial up Connection Box opens in the Inbox and it takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. It can be plain text or any type of email. I have also changed my settings . If I change the settings to "Never dial a connection", the Dial up box does not appear and it still takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. What is very worrying, is that if I have made a telephone connection already, the telephone status shows it talking to something somewhere. I am up to date with Norton antivirirus updates and ...

adding connection points to pictures?
Can you add connection points to pictures you import from a file? If so how. "beeby@sympatico.ca" <beeby@sympatico.ca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84B2FCF8-482F-4AAA-B55A-5ADA031BA239@microsoft.com... > Can you add connection points to pictures you import from a file? If so > how. When you insert an image, it creates a container shape and you can add the connection points to the container shape. John... Visio MVP ...

Outlook 2003 refuses to connect to internet on "send/receive" if off-line
If I start up my computer, I am normally off-line. The connection to the internet is made if I start up my e-mail program or internet explorer. At least this used to be the situation. It still functions with outlook express and internet explorer, but I cannot get it to function with "Outlook 2003". If I am on-line Outlook 2003 functions correctly, but it refuses to connect on send/recieve if I am off-line. My settings for Internet-Email | Connection tab are: "Connect using LAN" (I use an ADSL connection) "Connect using modem if Outlook off-line" is selected a...

POP3 not allowing connections
I'm having a problem connecting to my Exchange server to download messages via POP3. MANPI, IMAP, HTTTP, RPC/HTTP all work fine. When connecting via Outlook Express I get the message: ----------- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.mydomain.com', Server: '10.1.1.2', Protocol: POP3, Port: 111, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ----------- I have verified that POP3 is running, and is set for use Any Available IP. I can telnet to ...

unexpected conversion trouble

Vista 64 Ultimate and Outlook 2003: Can't connect to Exchange Server
I recently switched OSes from XP Pro (32-bit) to Vista 64 Ultimate, loaded all my software and settings, and went to town. For some reason, Outlook 2003 is having excessive difficulty connecting to my hosted Exchange account. I'll get a "trying to connect" message for up to a couple minutes before I am prompted for the password. After that, Outlook will sometimes stay connected and sometimes will not. (No pattern there; just seems random.) Other times, the connection will time out without ever asking me for my password. My Exchange host (1&1) says that the problem is not...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

connect bindingSource to text object.
Hello. What is wrong of the following (the text has no data)? : Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource .... FBndDataSource = New BindingSource FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable .... Dim drv As DataRowView Dim dr As DataRow drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew() dr = drv.Row .... ' txtValue is TextBox. txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") Thanks :) Sorry. I shall try again : What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? : Dim FBndDataTabl...

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

why is my network connection not accepted?
I am setting up my outlook 2003 to receive the email from my yahoo account. I went through the directions and everything is ok until it pops up and says enter network password with my email user name and password I put in the correct information and click ok, but it just keeps popping back up. I know I have both the password and user name correct. Please help!!! Do you have a YahooMail+ account? You need a paid Yahoo account to use POP3 access "HELP!!!" <HELP!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2513CBDF-0719-4D8B-804B-0C79DEDBBE3E@microsoft.com... >I...

LDAP connection problem
Hi, Using ldapsearch on AD 2008 R2 I get the following error: C:\Domino123>ldapsearch -h office-department.company.com (cn=Test*) ldap_search: resultCode 1 (Operations error) ldap_search: errorMessage: 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order t o perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece On AD it creates bind and then unbind from users that we're trying to connect. It was working without any problems, and suddenly it stopped. Can this be related to any MS updates release to AD server. Rega...

Exchange 5.5 and inbound connections
I have an Exchange 5.5 server and inbound messages are being routed directly to its IP address instead of the IP address in the DNS. We have an external email scanning service that scans for viruses and spam and then forwards only 'clean' email to our server. Spammers are bypassing the outside service by directly targeting the exchange servers IP address. What I need to do is only accept inbound messages from the IP addresses of the outside service and stop all other messages. In addition, I still need to be able to have SMTP available for relaying for users that authenticate. ...

cannot connect
I'm using wireless between XP PC and this 7 laptop. The XP computer can connect to the laptop but I can't connect the laptop. I see under network that the public profile is used - how do I change this to private? Thanks, I, best advice is to get a router. it is much safer to have a router between you and your broadband Internet connection. some larger ISPs even give out free routers. who provides your Internet service? On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:06:52 +1200, "Jason" <jallen@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm using wireless between XP PC and this 7 laptop. ...

OUTLOOK 2002 hangs on connection
I am running Windows XP Home edition, and whenever I open outlook I get an error message "The application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" Clicking "OK" closes Outlook and when I click on the icon again it opens agian straight away without difficulty. How can I by-pass this false start every time? John. Hi John, I woudl request you to update your Windows XP. There could be something else that is causing the issue to Outlook. Windows XP updates are available as free downloads. To obtain updates, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http...

Unexpected state
Does anyone know what could have caused this error? ********* The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. The database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially coverted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) to convert it. If the original database is no longer ava...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

IE8 says 'last session closed unexpectedly' and offers to restore
I never close down with IE open, so why does it keep asking to restore my last session? I have Windows 7, recently purchased, so no control over IE8. If I delete browsing history, I can use it, and open it over and over, but when I boot the machine, it won't allow me to open IE8 to my home page. Closing it with the task bar doesn't help - it just goes into a wait state the next time I try to open it. (p.s. signing up just to ask this question was a nightmare of unclear directions) "measurement" <measurement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...