are scripts allowed in exchange 2003?

I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that
I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these
scripts.  How do I keep using my scripts from exchange
5.5 in exchange 2003?
0
anonymous (74718)

Can you give us a bit more information regarding your scripts?  Are they VBS
accessing WMI information, batch files utilizing resource kit (reskit)
utilities, etc.
Scripting works with Exchange 2003 and Active Directory...I tinker with
VBScripts.  I have also used batch scripts to manage Exchange 2000 with the
reskit utils.

Bob
"gigi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that
> I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these
> scripts.  How do I keep using my scripts from exchange
> 5.5 in exchange 2003?

0
BobChristian (293)
8/30/2004 6:51:38 AM
In Exchange 5.5, the scripts that I used were created
under the "Agent" tab when you click on a folder's
properties.  I have different scripts, some located in
the properties of a mailbox folder and some in the public
folder properties.  They are called exchange server event
scripts, and they are VBScript.  They do such tasks as
moving old email to a different folder.  In Exchange 2003
there is no longer an "Agent" tab, so where do I store
the scripts?

Some of the scripts also need folder IDs so they know
which folderw to move items to.  Do you know how to
obtain folder IDs?  The person who wrote the code for
exchange 5.5 knew how to obtain the folder IDs, but now
with 2003 her program to determine folder IDs no longer
works, and we can't find her code.

Thank you.

0
anonymous (74718)
8/30/2004 5:54:01 PM
Also, here is the code for one of the scripts stored
under the "Agent" tab of a public folder's properties in
exchange 5.5:

<SCRIPT RunAt=Server Language=VBScript>

'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
'FILE DESCRIPTION: Exchange Server Event Script
'
' This Script, intending to clean up messages from the
root(##) of the public
' folders to be processed.  At the scheduled time, the
script will be
' executed, examining all its subfolders.  If a
particular folder has
' subfolder ".Email - Previous Week", then the script
will move all the
' messages received more than two days ago to the ".Email-
Previous
' Week" folder and all messages originally in
the ".Email - Previous Week" folder
' will be deleted.
'
' Parameters:
'	RootID - FolderID of the "root" of all the Public
folders to be
'		 processed
'
'!! IMPORTANT NOTE:  one MUST have permissions to ALL
subfolders under
'                    the "root" directory.  Otherwise,
there will be errors
'
'## Note:  The "root" of the public folders need to be
identified by its
'          FolderID.
'^^ Note:  ".Email - Previous Week" folder can be placed
anywhere in the
'          directories except immediately under the
folder where the script
'	   is located
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

Option Explicit

'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
' Global Variables
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
dim g_debug					'Debug
log string
Dim oSession					'Session
Object
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
' Event Handlers
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

folder expires
Public Sub Folder_OnTimer
	Dim oRootFolder			'Root Folder
	Dim RootID			'Root Folder's ID

'*******************************PARAMETER(S)
************************************
	' Current Selected:  "All Public Folders\hwo new"
	RootId
= "000000001A447390AA6611CD9BC800AA002FC45A0300C0B86B30DBD
611CEB31700AA00574CC60000000000030000"
'*********************************************************
**********************

	' Clear error buffer
	Err.Clear

	' Get Session info
	Set oSession = EventDetails.Session

	' Get the Root Folder
	Set oRootFolder = oSession.GetFolder(RootID, NULL)

	Recur(oRootFolder.Folders)		'Call
Recursive Function

	Script.Response = g_debug	'Write to Log
End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
'Recursive function to find Previous Week folder
' *Takes Folder _Collection_ as a parameter
'---------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
Sub Recur(CFs)
	Dim found
	Dim i
	Dim j
	Dim CF
	Dim PWID
	Dim PWFolder
	Dim CFF
	Dim Tfolder

	found = 0			'Initialization -
not found

	'Check all 1st subfolders of current folder
	For i = 1 to CFs.Count
		Set CF = CFs.Item(i)

		'Check if subfolder has a Previous Week
subfolder
		Set CFF = CF.Folders
		Set Tfolder = CFF.GetFirst
		For j = 1 to CFF.Count
			If ( Tfolder.Name = ".Email -
Previous Week") Then
				found = 1
	'set flag
				PWID = Tfolder.ID
	'Get ".Email - Previous Week" folderID
				Chk CF, PWID
	'process items in the folder
			End if
			Set Tfolder = CFF.GetNext
		Next

		'Case if no Previus Week subfolder found
but has other subfolders
		if (CF.Folders.Count > 0) Then
			Recur(CF.Folders)
	'chk its subfolders for Prev Week folder
		End if
		found = 0
	Next
End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------
------------
'Process items in folder
'---------------------------------------------------------
------------

Sub Chk(CF, CPFid)
	Dim CPF				'Previous Week
folder
	Dim numCPF			'num of mesgs in
CPF
	Dim numItem			'num of mesgs in
current folder
	Dim recvDate			'Received Time of
the mesg
	Dim CItem			'Current Mesg
	Dim x				'Index counter
	Dim ind				'Index counter
	Dim y				'Index counter
	Dim numMoved			'num of mesgs
moved

	'Initialization
	numMoved = 0

	'Get Previous Week Folder
	Set CPF = oSession.GetFolder(CPFid, NULL)

	'Delete Mails in Previous Wk folder
	numCPF = CPF.Messages.Count
	For y = 1 to numCPF
		CPF.Messages.item(1).Delete
	Next

	' Process Mesg in current folder - move mesg to
Previous Week folder if
	' mesg older then two days
	numItem = CF.Messages.Count	'Total num of
mails to be proccess
	ind = 1
	For x = 1 to numItem
		Set CItem = CF.Messages.item(ind)
		recvDate = DateValue(CItem.TimeReceived)
		if recvDate <= (Date - 2) Then
	'Move item if older then two days
			CItem.MoveTo CPFid
			numMoved = numMoved + 1
		Else
			Ind = ind+1
		End if
	Next
	g_debug = g_debug & numMoved & " mesgs Moved
from " & CF.Name & "; "
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

0
anonymous (74718)

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Reject script in pass through san script not working
I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion proceed or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button of department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and allow or prevent deletion successfully. Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event as result = Trigger_RegisterFocus...

Outlook with Exchange server
Hi All, I am using outlook with exchange server to receive email and schedule calendar, but I want to leave a copy of message on server when outook receives email, how can I configure the outlook client? Thanks in advance, Rabbit "Rabbit" <rabbitxu@163.com> wrote in news:u0yKX4jPFHA.880 @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl: > Hi All, > > I am using outlook with exchange server to receive email and schedule > calendar, but I want to leave a copy of message on server when outook > receives email, how can I configure the outlook client? > > Thanks in advance, > Ra...

Sort Column Script
I need to have a script in Excel that would allow the sorting of columns from column "D" to the column before the last column with data. I do not want the last column sorted. The criteria for the sort is in row 1 (Name of an employee). Additional columns will be inserted between column "D" and the last column so they need to be sorted. I hope this is clear. Can someone please assist me? Thank you! Bernie Bernie How can someone named Bernie NOT know how to do this? ;-) Sub BernieSort() Range(Range(Range("D1"), Range("D1").End(xlDown)), _ ...

No Log Files can be Truncated-Exchange 2003 Backup
Hi all, I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which A o went fine and truncated all the logfiles but on the B information store it said in the event viewer that "No log files can be truncated and all the log files are there. Any ideas what is going on and what can be done. -Aman On Feb 5, 4:04 pm, Andy David {MVP} <ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: > On 5 Feb 2007 15:51:25 -0800, "Barundi" <pan...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Hi all, > > >I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which ...

Finding items (with Outlook 2003)
When doing "Advanced Find", I type "2008-" (without the quotes) in the "Search for Word(s):" box, specify "in Subject Field Only" and click "Find Now". the results contain "2008-" ANYWHERE in the "Subject". How can I do the find so the results contain "2008-" only AT THE BEGINNING of the "Subject"? Did you try the Advanced tab? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Exchange replication
I run three exchange servers for the Marine Corps and we are having three problems that seem to be related. The three exchange servers (Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0) handle just over 3500 users. Due to various problems, I've had to rebuild these servers over the past six months a few times. Every time we renamed the server the same name we encountered more problems, so we created a new name and put the server online. Everything seems to be working fine now except for a few small things that we can't fix. We had distribution lists set up on the servers that were working ...

protecting Exchange 2000 standard server
hi all recently got hired to work at this new place... I now have to monitor the exchange even though they know my experience with exchange is no good... here is the question... we have spam filter (barracuda) where all inbound emails go to and then pushed to the email server... however our previous exchange it guy installed Mail sweeper 2000 on the ex server. i notice emails being blocked by this Mail sweeper. when i googled these massages i gather these are spoofed emails generated by Zafi, mytob and even mydoom viruses. examing the headers i see no refference of the spam (barracu...

Allow Integration manager to integrate with Analytical accounting
Cuurently integration manager does not work with the Analyticval Accounting module ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3cfe89d7-f858-4791-8bc4-e51b84cf7853&...

Script error found during opening Dynamics
I just upgrade to the latest Canada Payroll tax update, when one of the user who sign on to Dynamics after upgrade, she got the "Internet Explorer Script Error" window pop up and saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line: 335 Char: 6 Error: The data is invalid Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/UserA/Local%20Settings/Temp/tmpAD1.tmp I tried to clear all the temp file in this folder but still no luck to get rid of this message during loading Dynamics. I asked the user to click on "Yes" button to continue "D...

Exchange 2003 Scene
I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. I want to build the following scene: Commom User: they can't sent e-mail over internet (only internal) Dept User: can send e-mail over the internet The commom accounts have their own mailboxes and need to send external e-mails through dept account only (using from field), but they can't delete dept mailbox contents. Is that possible? On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:02 -0700, Will <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. > >I want to build the following scene: >Commom Us...

pst file (again) 2003 Outlook
Why can't I see (or find) my pst file? I am looking in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and all I see is Outlook.NK2 and Outlook.srs, no pst file THe program works correctly and when I go to "Data File Management" and double click on my renamed_File, it showe in the path that the file is named Outlook.pst. "TC" <tc@conecap.com> wrote in message news:ef05d458-82b8-41c3-b8a4-c885938dfabe@x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > Why can't I see (or find) my pst file? I am looking in C:\Documents > and Settings\Owner\Applicati...

Are there any issues with Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows 2000 SP4
I am still dreading to install SP4 for Win 2K on my Exchange 2000 SP3 server which incidentally is also a Terminal Server. Any problems that anyone has faced? ...

Outlook 2003, iCalendar, different folder
I have an iCalendar file that I want to import into an existing Outlook 2003 profile. However, I don't want to merge the appointments with the existing calendar; I want to create a separate calendar folder and import the iCalendar file into that. It seems that Outlook can only import iCalendar files into the default calendar folder. I could copy the default calendar into a temporary folder, delete the default calendar's appointments, import the iCalendar file, copy the imported calendar to a new calendar folder, delete the default calendar's appointments, copy th...

New install, exchange 2003 or 2007?
Our school district currently uses Novell products in our server closet including Groupwise with about 550 mailboxes. We have made the decision to jump to Microsoft products including Exchange. We will be installing Exchange this winter on brand new hardware and start to migrate users early summer. We will also be installing Office 2007 (including Outlook 2007) on all machines before migrating users from Groupwise to Exchange. Which version of Exchange should we install, 2003 or 2007? I know there are advantages and disadvantages both ways. 2003 - more mature with several service packs and s...

Exchange Monitoring Tools
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009B_01C57746.34480B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What monitoring tools or add-ins has everyone found most helpful to use = in conjunction with Exchange? =20 What I'm thinking of is a tool that can run emails through the = individual Exchange servers in order to verify that they are up and = functional. We already monitor individual services on the server but = would like to find a way of verifying full mail server functionality. = Thanks in adva...

VBA script help..Please !!!!
I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I want. I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'. 2 problems arise from the script below :- 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not. 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been copied to...

Order Name J Script
Hi I want to automatically populate the order name to customer name + date. This is the script I have but it shows the dayand time etc. I want to format the date such that it is dd-mm-yy format. How do i go about this please? var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue; var d = new Date(); if (lookupItem[0] != null) { crmForm.all.name.DataValue = lookupItem[0].name +" : " + d; } You might want to take a look at the snippets below to munipulate datetimes. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/932 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.cro...

How do I access the Exchange global address book
Hello, We just setup an Exchange server in our small office and I need to know how to access our global address book when addressing an email in Outlook 2003. Thanks, Jeff If you have outlook configured to use the exchange acct, it should be visible when you press To. If contacts come up first and you need to select the GAL from the dropdown, you can go to the Address book's tools, options menu and change which address list comes up first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com ...

Groupshield 6 and Exchange 2003
What AD policies in particular? Are these certain Group Policies getting applied or what? -BenF On 3 Mar 2004 00:52:34 -0800, ryanjjones@mail.com (RJ) wrote: >No other problems so far. If you use AD policies for GSE then you >need another hotfix - we don't any more! > >Apart from that its heen pretty good. > >sujitshah@hotmail.com (Suj) wrote in message news:<ae73fe86.0403020731.37932f22@posting.google.com>... >> Ryan, >> >> I also have the same setup. Exchange 2003 with Groupshield ver 6.0 >> running on a compaq proliant dl-580 with ...

Exchange 2007 + Evolution
Current client has about 50 linux users who want to use Evolution to connect to the Exchange 2007 environment. They are currently using webmail before anyone suggests that brilliant idea. I have been able to get Entourage to work with our CAS, no luck with Evolution. Has anyone had success getting Evolution to connect to a Exchange 2007 environment? ...

Question about Outlook 2003 Disk
I just bought one of the stand alone office products, Microsoft Outlook 2003. On the face of the disk it reads, "Microsoft Office Outlook Standard 2003" Can anyone tell me what the standard part of the title means? I assumed there was only one version of outlook 2003, I don't recall seeing standard, plus or premium versions of the program on Microsofts website. I bought the software from softwareoutlet.com, who had very high ratings so I wen't with them because they seemed like they could be trusted. Did I get what I was suppose to get or what? Also the color of the dis...

How to allow only mail from Postini account with exchange
Hello, Recently we have been getting spam messages sent to us that are somehow bypassing our outsourced Postini filter. I am not sure how or why this is happening, but I want to stop it. What I would like to do is somehow set up Exchange (2003) to only accept email from the Postini account. The two questions I have are this: 1. How do I do this. I have never changed or setup anything with Exchange. 2. Is it possible that this could result in legitimate email being blocked? Also, I notice that when Exchange gets an email, it strips off part of the header. How can I get it to leave the head...

Exchange error 8270
Bonjour, Je recois cette erreur toutes les demi heures: ID =E9v=E9n: 8270 LDAP a renvoy=E9 l'erreur [20] Aucun objet correspondant lors de l'importation de la transaction Le KB 290419 dit d'utiliser la console de gestion Utilisateurs et ordinateurs Active Directory pour r=E9soudre ce probl=E8me pour d=E9placer les groupes de s=E9curit=E9 suivants vers le conteneur Utilisateurs par d=E9faut : =B7 Serveurs d'entreprise Exchang =B7 Serveurs de domaine Exchange =B7 Services Exchange or ces groupes sont deja dans le conteneur utilisateurs par defaut Merci ...

how to set up account protection for Outlook 2003?
Hi all, I have two questions. I need your help! Q1: Both my roommate and I use our computer to check emails. Can Outlook 2003 be configured to support multiple users -- she and I both have each own separate mailbox in Outlook 2003 and no privacy will be compromised and we use "username" and "password" to get into each person's mailbox in Outlook 2003? Because we want to be able to have Outlook open all the time and download all emails automatically from our multiple email accounts: such as company email account, yahoo, hotmail, etc. We don't want to check ...