Archiving the whole store with an exception to one mailbox

I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of
mailboxes in that store. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

0
ha (3)

Per-store only as far as I know.  You'd have to move the mailboxes you want
to exclude to a different store.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"JOHNC" <ha@ac.om> wrote in message
> I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of
> mailboxes in that store. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Merging Different excel files into one
I use excel as a contact database and I create e new one for each project I do. They have 300 or so people in them and include name, address, and other contact information. The problem is over the uears I have created 30 or so of these and the positions in each one are different. For example in one the email address may be in column f and in another it may be i and in another aa. They all have the same basic information, just all in different columns. Is there any way to merge all 30 of these into one file without going back and making each one uniform? ...

Exchange Server removing stripping deleting X-header lines in some stores
The anti-spam solution we use in our company adds specific taglines to the SMTP headers of mail messages, in the form of X-headers, to identify probable spam and virus messages. Our Outlook clients then run Rules that key on those header taglines, and move or delete the probable spam and virus messages. However, our upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003 has created a problem in this arena. If the incoming messages are routed through one Exchange Server to a recipient on another Exchange Server, the X-header lines may all be stripped out. I say "may", because this isn...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Item quantity is at the store but not at HQ
I almost sure it is a user issue (wrong security setup when they installed)... maybe they created items at the store or maybe they did not comunicate the new items to all the stores, anyway they already have the problem; for example item 'a' in Store Operations at Store 4 has 8 pieces, in HQ the item exists, they do have quantities in other stores (total quantity ok for the other stores) but no quantity for store 4, not even a row in HQ Manager> DataBase> Item> Properties> Stores Quantity for that store. How can i resolve that? I have tried 501 ws- 190 Inventory wiz...

Formula in Excel 07 to get the formula used in one cell in another cell, showing VALUES, not cells references
Hi, I'm gonna illustrate this by an example as I think it is the easiest way to explain what I need: A1 = 10 A2 = 5 A3 = 2 because A3 = A1/A2 Now, what I want is to be able to in cell B3 to write some sort of formula e.g. =GetFormula(A3) that will give me: =10/5 and NOT =A1/A2 , NOR 2 Does anyone know what I can do? I don't know how to work with VBA or anything, but I know how to copy- paste if you know the codes. I previously got the following answer: ------------------------- Here is a custom function that will do what you want. To install the custom function: Alt+F11 to ope...

Selecting a list of numbers from a longer one
Hi, I really need help on this I have a long list of: item codes; description in next column; and then quantity in third column. I have another shorter list of item codes with data associated. How can I sort through the first list to find all of the second list without doing it one by one? Thanks for any help. -- mass ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mass's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29718 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494338 If you have the long list on sheet1...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

error when mounting store
I have an issue when mounting the public store. The store mounts without problem, but an error shows up in the application log. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXOLEDB Event Category: Events Event ID: 116 Date: 8/11/2005 Time: 6:12:24 PM User: N/A Computer: Description: Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to initialize event system correctly. Support for store event may have been disabled. HRESULT = 0x8000ffff. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. I ...

emails to more than one person in crm
When we send a CRM email the To: menu only looks at the Outlook(email address book) contact folders. I know how to add additional contact folders(email address book) to choose from in Outlook by checking the "show this folder as outlook email address book" in the properties of the contact folder. I would like to know if that can be done in crm. ...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Outdoors Store-Events & Rentals
I am using RMS in one of our stores and I want to move it to our main store. It is far easier than the one I have there now. I have 1 show stopper and 1 that I can work around but I would like to get computerized. We do a lot of training classes and tours. The current software handles them well. I need to have a program for managing these events. If some one could develop add on for RMS for handling events and rental it would open up every small outdoor store to them. These are critical aspects of an outdoor store and RMS does not do either of them well. I have friend that have sc...

IMAP in Outlook Express
IMAP accounts in OE have a special tab called IMAP. This tab enables by default special folders: Sent Items ("Sent Items path") and Drafts ("Drafts path"). But since there's just one checkbox, how can one enable just ONE of the special folders? Blank entries aren't accepted. That's it, that's the question. For those of you who might ask "who needs to enable just one folder?" instead of answering the question, I'll provide a real life example. Gmail's instructions clearly state: enable Drafts WITHOUT enabling Sent Items, a...

live mail store
Hi can anyone help I transferred all my email message from live mail message store to a usb hard driv an now I want to transfer them back as i have gone over to Windows 7 live mailcan anyone show me how to do this please I get a message that there is no acssociation pleasecreate ne how do i do this I need to get access to my old emails thanks fred:confused: -- fpegman Are you saying that WLMail won't read eml files? Try dragging the eml files to an open WLMail folder. Have you tried File, Import, Messages? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "fpegman" <gu...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

how does one expand individual cells?
I am using Excel for quoting purposes and merging information from the quote to a letter on another tab in the same file. I am curious how to expand individual cells within the letter worksheet. It is easy to expand columns and rows, but I am hoping to customize the size of individual cells. All ideas & opions are welcome and appreciated, Brian As far as I know it is not possible to size individual cells. You might try to use the Cell merge option. This works for adjecent cells in a row (or column). This will give you wider spacing where you need (for long text) it and preserves &q...

Macro security setting not stored
Hi, my macro security setting is LOW by default. Whenever I try to change it, the new setting seems not to be stored, because afterwards it's LOW again. I'm running Excel 2003 SP2, but the same problem occurs in Word 2003 SP2. On my private computer at home everythings works well. Any idea why it's not working here in the office? TIA Gary This is one of those settings that is stored in the windows registry. I'm guessing that your IT folks have set you up so that you can't save changes to the registry. I'd talk to your IT help desk and ask. === As a personal note...

Using Excel one time only...
I have been asked by my boss to put together a form that creates timetable and I can't figure out for the life of me how to make i work. It's just two sheets. If it were figures I think I could cope, but seem to have encountered a mental block - any help would be mos appreciated! Sheet one: Left hand column contains the names of all the managers, top row hold the days of the week. The rows for each day are for the input o particular shifts (9 in total). Sheet two: What she wants is a timetable here; days across the top again, but th shifts in the left column, so the managers'...

Import of .pst files from one Outlook to another Outlook
I'm working in Outlook 2002 and my computer has been reinstalled (formated etc.). Now I want to import the old files from Outlook into the exact same Outlook (just reinstalled on a new partition). I can't do this. It's possible to import from Outlook Express and other programs but not form another Outlook! I have the files backed up from earlier. Personal Folders(1).pst Outlook.pst extend.dat archive.pst I can't believe it's not possible to import these files... Please help me. Morten Why are you trying to import a native Outlook file type? (BTW - you can only use ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

How do I add to one cell and auto subtract from another in Excel?
I want to track vacation days: taken and left to take. How do I link two cells so when I add to one the other automatically subtracts the same value? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:207CACCA-F715-4B6E-A242-3C95A6F0B42D@microsoft.com... >I want to track vacation days: taken and left to take. How do I link two > cells so when I add to one the other automatically subtracts the same > value? Let's say you start with 25 days leave available and you want to put the number of days taken into A1. In the cell where you want the number of ...

Move Sheet from one Excel file to another
How do I move a sheet from 1 Excel file to another? I tried the "move or copy sheet" function, but in the "To Book" dropdown list, the only things listed are the current book or a "new book" -- the one I want to move it to is not listed. That suggests you've got two instances of the application running. Open the source file. With that workbook active, use the menu bar: File > Open, and select the destination file. Switch back to the source. You should now see the other book in the dropdown list. HTH. --Bruce "Kathy" wrote: > H...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

Counting Three Different Words In One Column
H ithere, Can someone please help me? I have a column which can only have option (due to validation), these are:- New Overdue Updated Closed I would like to count the number of times each one has been entered. Each count would be in a different cell on a different worksheet. have tried searching this forum and found answers similar to what i' looking for but i could not get any of them to work for some reason? Thanks very much for your time. Swmasso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you need to use the countif function for this so if your range is ...