Archiving emails using Exchange Manager

I have archiving set up on Exchange manager and emails and emails are
archived to a mail archive mailbox.

Does anybody know how this works i.e does it include all of the mailbox
including subfolders, do emails have to enter Inbox first and how do rules
affect emails.

Thanks
Eilish
0
Eilish (5)

"from and to" are blank on recieved emails causing timeout error!
I have a just loaded Exchange server 2003 and all seems well except when a blank (only have partial ID's) spam email is sent to users. Exchange will not let it be downloaded to the client (user) with Outlook or Outlook Express. It will hang and gives the client emails just up to the the blank spam. This will continue when the time comes up to check mail again. Clients end up with copies of the same email over and over again till they close there mail client. EX. is one client may have 50 emails coming in and the "blank email spam" is number 30. The client will get the...

email in Outlook
I have a hotmail account for my email. I was able to succesfully add this account to Outlook so that I can now access hotmail through Outlook. However, I also have an Ipaq Pocket PC, and I am trying to download my email from this hotmail account to my IPAQ when I sync. Unfortunately, the default Inbox account is the only one that seems to sync. I don't have any email going to that account, so my inbox on my IPAQ is always empty. Does anyone know how to switch this so that my outlook hotmail account will sync to my ipaq? Thanks! Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

I'm getting a protocol error when I send emails through outlook.
I set my outlook to retrieve messages from my webmail account through Cox. Yesterday my virusscanner, McAfee, started reporting protocol errors. When I click the error is reads: "response received is 552: the message exceeds the system limit of 200 and was not sent. consult the online help for your email program for more information on the error. Contact your email provider if the problem persists". I have contacted cox and they say there is nothing wrong with either the SMTP or the POP. I guess I'm turning to you all for answers as to how I can fix this. Additional...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Money/IE bug? in portfolio manager
When I go to Portfolio Manager, the pane showing all the data is tiny. It doesn't resize when I resize the main window. Minimizing/obscuring and redisplaying the window doesn't make it refresh properly. I am also having odd problems with Internet Explorer (the text of my yahoo email doesn't show up). I don't know if the two might be related. I'm using: Microsoft Money 2006 Windows XP SP2 IE 7 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ingrid In microsoft.public.money, nibiery@hotmail.com wrote: >When I go to Portfolio Manager, the pane showing all the data is ...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Word as Email editor
Using Word as the editor, each time Outlook is opened, 2 other word items are opened at the same time and are unclosable. Any ideas for a solution? ...

Adding legal disclaimer to outgoing emails.
How can I add a legal disclaimer to all outgoing emails from our corporation? Unless you are using Exch 5.5, you need a third party tool. These range from a $1 per user tool, to a $10,000 tool. Depending on you requirements. Do you need 1 disclaimer for the whole company, do you want disclaimers per department or user group etc.... "pcdktr" <pcdktr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA04F9E7-77E2-4E45-BBF1-B2A4BB446DD5@microsoft.com... > How can I add a legal disclaimer to all outgoing emails from our > corporation? For now just 1 for the whole...

Exchange account without Domain account
Hello. I am using Exchange 2003 no service pack and would like to know if it possible and how to configure, create, and enable individual and possibly shared accounts to be used by OWA (maybe POP) *without* having a domain account for these Exchange accounts. Server OS is Windows 2003 Server Standard Service Pack 1. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and links. mike mike wrote: > Hello. I am using Exchange 2003 no service pack and would like to know > if it possible and how to configure, create, and enable individual and > possibly shared accounts to be used by OWA (ma...

Workflows- Emails to be sent from Queue's Email ID
Hi, Can we have a workflow in which e-mails can be sent from queue's email id instead of owner who created the workflow? we would like to have e-mails to be sent from workflow engine using two generic e-mail add. like support@abc.com or customercare@abc.com any suggestion would be welcome Thanks in advance. Regards, TAPAN DESAI. I too was wondering the same thing. The whole workflow process is almost useless on a conversion as well. Since all of the contacts are already "Created" and there was no workflow process in place while they were created to "wait" fo...

Learning to use Wird 2007
Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it. Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002? Jeff Reinstall Word 2002? It may take a while but you will get used to the ribbon. In the meantime almost all the keyboard shortcuts still work. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< &g...

Automatically adding a signature to an email in CRM
Any suggestion on how to add a signature automatically in a new email activity in MS CRM 3.0? Thank you, Ed Podowski Hello Ed, Try our Email-Signature for MS CRM 3.0. You can get detailed information at www.mscrm-addons.com. Regards, Christian Ternek _________________________ www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! WordMailMerge for MS CRM GroupCalendar for MS CRM Telephone Integration for MS CRM EmailSignature for MS CRM > Any suggestion on how to add a signature automatically in a new email > activity in MS CRM 3.0? > > Thank you, Ed Podowski > Cre...

IE7 using 80% CPU when opening CRM pages
Just installed Internet Explorer 7 to test it out with CRM and I'm having one issue. Whenever I open up a Contact record, Opportunity record, etc... IE 7 will take up 80% of the CPU for a good 10 seconds. During that time, the window is unusable. My machine is the first one I've tested this on. Has anyone else seen this? Yes I also get this. I would like to roll out IE7, but this problem will stop this from happening! On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 06:53:02 -0800, Matt M <MattM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just installed Internet Explorer 7 to test it out with CRM and I&#...

Email of Statements
Can you use another pdf Writer other than Adobe for this feature No, you must use Adobe to use this particular feature. Kind of odd, isn't it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "rcr" wrote: > Can you use another pdf Writer other than Adobe for this feature yes and no. When print to pdf was added - 6.0 i think - there weren't many other options for creating pdf's. OK, now there are. But OK which ones do we add support for? Them all? Support for PDF output must support being able to automatically name the created output file without intervention. And I assume many bu...

Use MSOCache for reinstall?
If I have a valid product key but no install media and my hard drive dies, can I reinstall Office 2007 from a backup copy of my MSOCache folder? On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:09:19 -0700, Mark Blain wrote: > If I have a valid product key but no install media and my hard drive dies, > can I reinstall Office 2007 from a backup copy of my MSOCache folder? Possibly someone else will give you the definitive answer, but this support page may help. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924616 "Local Install Source is a Setup feature that copies the installation source files from the...

Move Exchange 2k3 to new HW
I have an Exchange 2k3 Server running on a Windows 2k3 OS, and Cisco Unity. The server is out of warranty and we are having HW problems, so I want to move this to another server. I've seen several processes listed for moving from 2000 to 2003 but I haven't notices anything specifically for moving 2003 to another server. I assume the process is still the same. What is the best/prefered method for moving to the new server? Thanks CharlesW Charles- Are you retaining the same name? That's by far the easiest option. If so, get the new box built to the point that you're joi...

How to use Version resource
How can I best access the VS_VERSION_INFO "Version" resource in my C/C++ apps? I'd like to utilize the product version data there to display in the About box instead of maintaining my own separate version data in a header file. That way, I only have one place to make changes to the version number. Also, in VC++.NET is there any way to get part of the version number, i.e. the "build number" to auto-increment, similar to how VB does it? Doug G Look at the version handling functions. GetVersionInfo and the like. I show at least one approach to auto-increment on my...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Is it possible to assign fonts using formular?
I have a formular: =REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " & VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE) but I need to change the font of the 2nd "VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section. Is this possible to do? A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is recalculated. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpears...

Set as Default email account resets to Exchange
Why does and XP workstation reset to the Exchange account when you logout and login? This is on a 2003 sb server. This should really be posted in the SBS newsgroup. It sounds like it could be an SBS logon script, or a Group Policy that is modifying this. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BD5927-2226-429E-ADFE-06E03EED84AC@microsoft.com... > Why does and XP workstation reset to the Exchange account when you logout > and > login? This is on a 2003 sb server. ...

Metadata add in for email?
Is there a way to add metadata from a table to an outgoing email? Such as a customers company code, company name. ...

Domain controler for exchange?
Does the server running Microsoft Exchange 2003 standard edition need to be a domain controller as well? I have an windows 2000 Domain controler and the Exchange server is on that domain, but it is not currently a domain controller. i wanted to verify this before i switched the MX record and began testing. Nope. It's "supported" to run Exchange on a Domain Controller, but not recommended. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Vintage" <Vintage@discussions.microsoft.c...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

software to allow 2007 documents to be read using 2003
I have installed the Microsoft software so that I can read MS word 2007 in MS office 2003. As soon as I loaded it, a warning came up to say my copy of Office 2003 was counterfeit. I loaded 2003 from a master disk and have the licence sticker and have been using it for 18 months without any problems, and receiving updates etc. It was registered correctly with Microsoft. Help please. ...