Archive the Public Folders.

I'd like to archive the Public Folders in our Exchange server coz they are a
shamble. I want to start from a clean slate, but still have the option to
add posts from the archive back into the PFs.

Is this possible w/o having to do it manually, ie. by recreatig the folder
structure in a PST then copying the posts across?

--

Julian Milano

Outlook 2000: Outgoing mails never appear in Sent Items folder
All, Here's one I haven't seen before: I have a client with Outlook 2000 (Yes, I know...), and starting about 3 months ago, email messages they have sent out don't appear in the Sent Items folder after they go out. The messages are indeed going out correctly, but that Sent Items folder remains totally empty. The folder size is about 2 kilobytes, and it is not increasing in size as new messages go out. It really looks empty to me. Autoarchive is turned off for this folder. I've run scanpst.exe and it found no errors in the mailstore file. The View Menu is set to "Messag...

Re-home public folders
What is the easiest way to re-home public folders? I recently added a second exchange 5.5 server to my site and I would like to move them to the new server. I already moved all mailboxes. I tried the .PST option without success. Thanks for your help Percy configure replicas of all the public folders on your new Exchange server...then after you're certain everything has been replicated, remove the instances on the old server... "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21622024-FEB8-4D82-B8AC-194B50BD4085@microsoft.com... > What is the easiest...

Public Recognition
Did you know that Glenn Adams from TiberCreek has posted over 1400 responses in this newsgroup? Jeff Hobbs from Check Point Software 1100 times. Jason Hunt from Advanced Computer Systems 250 times. Rick from Allied POS 216 times. How about some thanks to these guys for there great contributions? Rob from 2020 ITS Oh ya, I've posted aboot(in a thick Canadian accent) 635 times. * Statistics from Google Groups To add to my thoughts. Glenn and Jeff you guys need to get a life, don't you have anything better to do? ;-p hehe Rob "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> w...

Decrypting a Personal Folder
Will a user is moves to a new Domain and new Outlook Mail Server be able to access their Personnal Folders that was encyrpted via Outlook (not by NTFS)and stored on their local drive? How do you decrypt an Outlook Personal Folder (I have many users that fall under this situation) ...

Number of posts not showing up in Public Folders
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, under 'All Public Folders, I created a folder for mail items called Support. When I send an e-mail to Support@mydomain.com, the e-mail arrives to the public Support folder, but I do not get a count like (1) showing that there is one new e-mail inside the folder. The only way to know if e-mail came in is to physically check the public folder(s). Is there a way areound this so that the unread mail in the public folders will show up outside the folder? TIA r042wal wrote: > In Microsoft Outlook 2003, under 'All Public Folders, I created a > fol...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Macro for refresh folder
Hi All, Would like to know how to write a macro in outlook to click on tools -> refresh this folder. Please help. With kind regards Oracleinform ...

Changing view on multiple folders?
Is it possible to change a view or view settings to multiple folders in one step or do I have to do repeat the steps for each folder? Thanks Malin ...

How to delete system public folder in Exchange?
Hello, does anybody know how to remove the system public folder? My situation is as follow: I have created new offline address list named "Test Offline Address List" for testing purposes. I deleted this list few days after. I expected that public folder "/o=My_Organization/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Test Offline Address List" which is under OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK will have been deleted after public store maintenance. But I was wrong. So I tryied to delete the subfolders "OAB Version 2" and "OAB Version 3a" myself within ESM. Deletion was successful. But I ...

IMAP in Outlook Express
IMAP accounts in OE have a special tab called IMAP. This tab enables by default special folders: Sent Items ("Sent Items path") and Drafts ("Drafts path"). But since there's just one checkbox, how can one enable just ONE of the special folders? Blank entries aren't accepted. That's it, that's the question. For those of you who might ask "who needs to enable just one folder?" instead of answering the question, I'll provide a real life example. Gmail's instructions clearly state: enable Drafts WITHOUT enabling Sent Items, a...

Public folder replication between sites
Hi, I have mixed mode Exchange 2003 organization. There are 3-Exc5.5 and 2-Exchange 2003 sites. I try to replicate public folders. PFs are replicated to Exc5.5 sites but not replicated to Exc2003 site. I can see 3018 and 3019 in the event viewer in source Exchange whenever I force replication. At the same time I see event id 3093 but I am sure that Public folder replication agent is running because I find an event id which shows replication agent started. Note: There are checkpoints in every sites. However there is no restriction between Exchanges and DCs. I wait for your help please. Thank...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Sync only selected task folders?
I have a huge file of tasks, some outdated, in my outlook. I want to keep those tasks so that I can search for things should I need them, however I do not need them all to sync to my handheld (this is overwhelming and slows down my phone). I want to move all the old tasks into a different folder, and have that folder NOT sync to my handheld. So, my question is, how can I sync only selected folders of tasks to my handheld? I am using Office 2007 on a Windows XP system, and I use ActiveSync. Thank you! -- bea17 Move the old tasks to a Task folder outside of your mail...

Need help with moving Public folder from exch 2000 to 2003
I am trying to upgrade my server from Exch 2000 to 2003. I moved all the users mailbox without problem but can't seem to move the public folder. I try setting up replication but doesn't seem to work. any white paper or KB that give the procedure? I tried searching the site for days already but never seem to find an answer for this. There are lots of article on how to move from 5.5 to 2000 but none from 2000 to 2003 This kb might be useful as it discusses how to troubleshoot replication issues http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273 Regards Gordon ...

How to compact Public Folders in Exchange 2000?
How can I compact public folder (pub1.EDB) in Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 Thank Taj Haslani Yes, by doing an offline defrag of the Public Information Store with eseutil. http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/ArticleID/8496/pg/2/2.htm l Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >How can I compact public folder (pub1.EDB) in Exchange 2000/Windows 2000? > >Thanks > >Taj Haslani >. > ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Orphaned Public Folder
Hello, i have the following problem with exchange 2003 under windows 2003. The Exchange Server had a problem with the public store, it was not passible to recover it. As it was anyway the time i installed Exchange on a new server and moved all mailboxex successfully. Then i took the former exchange server off-line. Now it workes well, a new public folder store is in use etc. The problem is, that the old public folder, which not exists anymore are still displayed in Outlook and esm. I know that these Informations are stored in Active Directory, but how can i delete them? From ESM i ge...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Replication public folders between Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003
Hi there, One of my customers has the following situation: - Domain: w2k native mode - Exchange 2000 on a member server w2k, exchange also in native mode I build a Exchange 2003 server (with sp1) on w2k3 (sp1) (member) in the same exchange organization. No routing groups so it seems simple. All eventviewers are clear, so no errors. Now I want to replicate the public folders. At all folders I have add the new exchange server as replica, but nothing happens. I've done all the things such as adsiedit (email adress for public folders) and such things. After enable logging on the e2k server th...

Net Folders Incompatibility betweet Outlook 2000/2003
Our office used the Net Folders functionality in Outlook 2000. Recently some of our people have obtained new computers with Outlook 2003 and are unable to access the shared Net Folder. Is there any way to integrate the Outlook 2003 users into Net Folders? Rick, on Mar 3 I had a similar question on microsoft.public.outlook.calendars. Here's the reply: "William Tatum[MSFT]" <williamt@online.microsoft.com> Due to some insonsistencies such as the one you are describing, this is not a recommended feature as it has been discontintued on the later versions (Outlook 2002 and ...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Public Folder Size
Hello, I was poking around my Exchange 2003 server, wondering where my disk space has gone and found where it has gone in the file system for my public folders. In Outlook, when I choose the top level of "Public Folders" and do Properties, Folder Size, the number is: 635,319 KB which is < 1GB. But when I go to the server's file system, in the \exchsrvr\PublicFolders directory, there are two files: pub1.edb is 6,752,648 KB and pub1.stm is 4,509,704 KB, in other words 11 GB. I have had problems in the past with NDR mail loops in public folders where we collect resumes. ...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

hiding mail folders
is there a way of hiding windows mail folder/folders from the folder listing? "depe" <depe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D0DD81-FEB2-4DA4-B66F-BEB4DDB80BAD@microsoft.com... > is there a way of hiding windows mail folder/folders from the folder > listing? No. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx You can hide all of them, but not just specific ones: View, Layout, uncheck Folder list. You may want to enable Fold...