archive all messages sent or received...

hi!
I'm using exchange 2003 which works pretty good.
i'm also using "archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this
store" to backup ALL messages because this is company policy.
now, i do this in mailbox store properties and it works fine, but i want to
do it via registry because of security reasons.
Does anyone knows where in the registry i can add a mailbox for this ?

cheers,
Phil.
0
Phil1 (164)

phil wrote:
> hi!
> I'm using exchange 2003 which works pretty good.
> i'm also using "archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on
> this store" to backup ALL messages because this is company policy.
> now, i do this in mailbox store properties and it works fine, but i
> want to do it via registry because of security reasons.
> Does anyone knows where in the registry i can add a mailbox for this ?
>
> cheers,
> Phil.

I don't know that you can. What do you mean "because of security reasons" ?
Are you trying to hide something from another administrator? You really
can't.

0
lanwench (7567)

Incorrectly Displaying HTML Messages
I use Outlook 2003. For several years now I have been receiving messages from a trade magazine. The messages were sent in HTML format and were always received and displayed properly by Outlook. Lately, Outlook has displayed these same messages as text. I know that they are being sent in HTML format because they appear correctly in HTML on my e-mail service provider's web site before I download them to Outlook. Other messages from other sources that are received in HTML format are being displayed properly as HTML. To add to my confusion I did receive one message from this trade magaz...

Pop message
I received this message when I tried to get my mails, but I dont find a solution,,,, Task 'EIT - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Thanks Do you have any anti-virus or anti-spam software that is scanning your email? If so, try disabling it to see if it might be the problem (some such software can cause this error). If that software is the problem, contact its ...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

No message from the replyer?
Sometimes I get reply's from people with no new text, only my old sent text. This appears both in preview pane and when i open it. Sometimes it work to mark it as unread and then open it again...sometmes not. Anyone who can help? Ebar Version of Outlook? Message format? HTML, Plain Text, Rich Text? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ebar" &...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Can't send message when selecting frm contact list
Hi, I ahve soe a couple of weeks now been having problems sending emails. They go into my out box but do not ever get sent, eve when forcing a send and receive. I have finaly noticed a pattern When I create an email and type a name into teh To field and press Ctrl+K to resolve the name the email will not send. When U double click on teh address and copy and paste just the email adress into the to field teh mails sends OK. It would appear that my contacts list that I have managed to keep migrating to new computers for almost 8 yeas now has managed to get corrupt. I seem to be able to ...

error message opening spreadsheet
When I try to open one particular spreadsheet, named 'xyz' (that is stored on a network server), I get the message 'Cannot find XLQUERY.XLA!Register.Dclick,which has been assigned to run eac time [xyz.xls]directory is opened. Continuing couild casue errors. Cancel opening ['xyz.xls] directory?' I click 'No' and everthing seems to run OK. What causes this error message? How do I get rid of it? TIA Sanford Hi goto 'Tools - addins and click on this addin to remove it from the list -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" ...

How to print a message
How do i porint a message and that i can see the list of names under bcc? ...

Editing the code for windows command message for tiling
hello, In a normal MDI application there is a option for TILE/CASCADE in WINDOWS menu.Normally whatever windows are there in the mainframe opened up,those are "tiled" along the mainframe.Can we edit the windows command code for this?for example -i want to tile the child windows but such that they should occupy only certain portion of MDI window and not go below it.That is on tiling they shouldnt occupy the whole of MainFrame window I need an urgent solution for this please help Here is a quick way of doing what you want. You need to change the id of the menu item to some...

Double mail sent
I've a problem, my server has mdaemon and sometimes when (only with a specified mail address) I sent 2 messages..... I think that using webmail I don't have this mail but only using Outlook Express Can you help me? Thanks Nobody Can help me? You have missed out a lot of vital information, such as which version of MDaemon you are using and how it is configured to operate. Is the problem with Outlook Express sending to MDaemon or Internet explorer send to MDaemon WorldClient or with MDaemon sending to your ISP? The obvious place to look at is the "Lists&qu...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Runtime error when deleting a message
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" Error Message When Deleting a Message ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Setting the Reminder flag in VBA for e-Mails sent to users
I'm trying to programmatically send an e-Mail to a given recipient and set the Follow-Up and Reminder flag to remind the recipient to deal with the e-Mail by a certain date. I've trawled the web for how-to's and got a function working, but it simply isn't setting the reminder flag on the e-Mail. The function I wrote allows me to pass various parameters and, based on whether or not the mail is to be flagged for follow-up, flags the mail. Code is attached below. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Public Sub SendMail(sTo As String, sCC As String,...

Error Message #5
When sending to different people all of a sudden now getting this error message. The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Water Office;l=WATER_NT2-041026130211Z-1420 MSEXCH:IMS:Water Office:WATER:WATER_NT2 3550 (000B099C) 550 Access denied. Thanks for any help, Ron T. "Ron T." <Ron T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E7588E-D8B2-4DEF-9356-F787CBF58A3A@microsoft.com... > When sending to different people all of a sudden now getting this error > message. Are they different people of the s...

fault message
I'm working at a office spaceplan. So i've got 2 different colums with the functions and roomnumber. I would like to get a fault or information message when there's already a function or department in that room. I can already make something like it underneath the "data" menu, but everytime I change something it looks like I do it wrong because I get a message by every change. can someone help me? greets It sounds like you may want to prevent duplicates in a column. Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/dup...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

archived messages #2
i recently archived a large number of messages from the last year or so, but when i open the .pst file in outlook 2000 it says that there are no files contained. i know there is data there because the .pst file reads a size of 162MB on my drive. where is this info and why can i not access it? also, everytime i view the properties[advanced properties] for this file there is a check box selected that reads "file is ready for archiving" which none of my other archive files have checked. but once i uncheck that box and try to open the file it resets that option to the way it...

Getting an error message that reads "illegal operation....VBE6.DL.
When I try to close an excel spread sheet I get an illegal operation warning. When I click on details it says that excel performed an illegal operation in VBE6.DLL. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office Standard 2000, but get the same result. "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F00BE9F-21F6-4E2F-9D7E-36AE9EA41997@microsoft.com... > When I try to close an excel spread sheet I get an illegal operation warning. > When I click on details it says that excel performed an illegal operation in > VBE6.DLL. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office St...

Bogus error message halting production
Hi A process that has previously been working is suddenly coming up with this: The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events. It is obviously bullsh*t. I have tried Compacting and Repairing the database, recompiling it, all to no avail. What the four and a half has happened? Stapes hi, Stapes wrote: > It is obviously bullsh*t. I have tried Compacting and Repairing the > database, recompiling it, all to no avail. If the used object is a standard object like Form or any Control,...

Outlook 2997 how to delete messages
Outlook 2007 Windows Vista Home Premium I recently upgraded my PC to Vista and I have Outlook 2007. The messages I want to delete in my inbox mailbox (IMAP) cannot be deleted with one "delete" operation. With previous versoin of Outlook (2003), when I wanted to delete unnecessary messages, all I had to highlight that message and press the delete button. With Outlook 2007, I can highlight and mark the messages, press the delete button and the messages will show lines crossed horizontally on the subject lines. But how do I permanently delete these messsages? How can I insert a...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

All Sent Email Activities Seen In CRM 4.0 Activities View
In the ideal world, we would not write anything dubious in our emails, but it happens. Why is this and how do I restrict this ? It is critical that people do not see the boss mans emails.... Many thanks for your insights. F restric them with security role . There is tab "Core record " when you open the security role. You need to give the users to see user rights on "Activity". OR you let the boss to use manual tracking . If there is important (private) email then he should not click on tracking. /Aamir ...