Archieving mail messages with IMF

I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block
UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved.
According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages
is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this
fiolder.
Question 1. Is this folder created by default?
Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I
just see details?

0
ajmiyake (74)

http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink

"Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to
> block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved.
> According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve
> messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see
> this fiolder.
> Question 1. Is this folder created by default?
> Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do
> I just see details?

0
tfelts1 (344)
4/5/2005 8:33:24 PM
Hi

the folder will be created when IMF block and archieve first message, and
you can use this tool to view archieved messages

http://stoekenbroek.com/imfcompanion.htm

Nebojsa Seslija

"Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to
> block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved.
> According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve
> messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see
> this fiolder.
> Question 1. Is this folder created by default?
> Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do
> I just see details?

Thanks Nebojsa. that was the answer I was looking for.

"Nebojsa Seslija" <nebojsa.seslija@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> the folder will be created when IMF block and archieve first message, and
> you can use this tool to view archieved messages
>
> http://stoekenbroek.com/imfcompanion.htm
>
> Nebojsa Seslija
>
> "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to
>> block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved.
>> According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve
>> messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see
>> this fiolder.
>> Question 1. Is this folder created by default?
>> Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or
>> do I just see details?

0
ajmiyake (74)

No more internet mail
I deleted and restored a mailbox. I was testing after migrating from Exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. I migrated from one server to the other and everything seemed to work properly. I still have the exchange 5.5 server up and running. Then I deleted a mailbox and restored it. Seem to go fine but now I am unable to receive internet email to this mailbox. Internal mail works fine. But when sent from the internet I get undeliverable. It appears the old Exchange 5.5 server no longer recognizes me although all other users are not having any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tha...

Exchange 2003 Issues sending outbound mail
People are receiving a "Delivery Failure Report" that said "Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed". The first thing I did was have a look at the SMTP queue on our server and to my suprise there was two days worth of email in the queue that hadn't been sent. I also checked the event viewer and found warnings that read: Message delivery to the host '<ip address>' failed while delivering to the remote domain '<domain name>' for the following reason: The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. I am notici...

Message limit
I have set the limit for the whole Org under Global settings\Message Delivery as 5 MB. But if I also set the message size at the FE, for example as 4 MB what will be the effective size? Will be the smallest one among all the settings? Thanks. The effective size is the minimum of all limits in effect at any point in the path. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDD5C596-C790-446B-BA5A-B9A87B05591A@microsoft.com... >I have...

Windows Mail not responding
Every time I open windows mail, it stops responding for 30 seconds to a minute. It then responds. Can some one tell me why is it behaving like that. Even sometimes when I move from one message to another it behaves like that too. -- Best Regards Noor Motani Noor: The proper place would be ...windows.vista.mail instead of ...'general'. Harry. "Noor Motani" <n.motani@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:#S57R6rrKHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Every time I open windows mail, it stops responding for 30 seconds to a > minute. It then res...

CAnnot move mail
Hi My personal folder exceeded 2gb which made oulook unusable. I first upgraded to officeSP1 then managed to find a program that truncates pst files. I made the file less than 2gb and outlook works again but now I cant move folders or emails to other folders within outlook . It says cannot move file because it already exits ( which they don't ) or I don't have permissions . Running win2000 connection to exchange2003 thanks Leon Have you tried creating a fresh PST then copying all the existing data into it? "Leon" <leon.la@virgin.com> wrote in message news:uFD8...

HELP!
We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading email from a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's Exchange Inbox. Outlook is setup with one or more POP3 accounts and an Exchange account. Email is checked via the POP3 accounts and delivery is set to the Exchange mailbox. This allows us to send and receive email from several different accounts but have all downloaded email in Exchange so it's accessible via OWA. This is working for most users and it *was* working for the user currently experiencing the problem above. I can verify that messages...

WHich is better. "Black Hole" or Message Filtering?
I want to block the e-mails coming in with dummy userids (MyDoom). I've used in the past the "Black Hole" distribution list and the "Message Filtering" feature in the IMS. What is the functional difference? It almost seems like the latter is ideal since I never accepts the message, can be set to not save it in the "turf" and no NDA is sent. What is the advantage of the "Black Hole" distribution list?? TIA, Hank Arnold Message Filtering uses source address/domain. Black hole DL uses destination address. With MyDoom originating address will be dif...

Problem mail-enabling users
In Exchange 2003, I mail-enabled some users in Active Directory on a Windows 2000 domain controller. Several of the users didn't get an SMTP address by the recepient policy. After I entered an address for each user they are listed in the Global Address List, but they have two mailboxes, one enabled and one Xed out. They can access the good mailbox from Outlook Web Access, but when I try to create a MAPI profile, it indicates it can't find them in the address list. With one user I first purged the bad mailbox. When that didn't work, I removed the Exchange attributes and tried to cre...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

Not receiving e-mails 02-28-10
I keep getting the following e-mails even though my e-mail box is just about empty. I have also deleted all my sent and deleted e-mails; A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded. The following is the reason that the message was over quota: Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox Quota Available: 5974 Total Quota: 10240000 That message is coming from your mail server and is referencing the Inbox on the server, not the one in WinMail. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Adv...

attachment icon does not appear on the printed email message
Hello, Does anyone know abt this problem and able to solve it? Tks Regards, dary ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Mails Received Have Attachments of the Mail
Problem With Outlook: After a while of outlook (outlook 2002) being open - all mails received in plain text format have a text attachment named <subject of email>.txt This is not an antivirus tool doing this as I turned all these off. It's also not a server issue by the looks of things as I have numerous accounts with different providers and it happens with each account. Any help appreciated! Thanks Tom ...

NDR flooding our mail boxes
NDR flooding our mail boxes Hi all, Single domain one Exchange 2003 SP2 native on windows 2000 SP4. All of a sudden our users are getting flooded with NDR from all sources. In ESM \internet Message Formats\default properties\ advanced tab Allow delivery reports, Allow non-delivery reports are Unchecked. SMPT virtual server all filters are checked. We get 200+ non delivery from system administrator…..in every mail box. Please let me know On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:21:01 -0800, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >NDR flooding our mail boxes > >Hi all, >Single...

Windows Mail fails when connecting to AIM.COM mail server
I tried to post this earlier, but I don't see it. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have an HP laptop with Vista as the OS. I use Windows Mail to access my aim.com email. I've used this for over a year. Suddenly, I am getting the following error. I can connect to the aim web mail, so my password, etc is valid and working. This seems to be an SSL error, but I have not changed my configuration of the servers in Windows Mail. Any ideas why this is suddenly occurring? Thanks. -------------Error message below ------------------- The connection to the server has failed....

Live Mail to OE
Hello, I have been trying my new laptop loaded with Vista and Live Mail for a few months but wish to use my old laptop with XP and OE. I need to download my Live Mail Emails to my XP machine. How can I do that? Thx Then you would be wise to ask your question in a newsgroup devoted to Live Mail or to Outlook Express. Whatever the online interface may have mislead you to believe, this one is about Microsoft Access database software, the database component of Microsoft Office. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "L_turn9" <L_turn9@discussions.mic...

Outlook interupts connection before Norton can check mails
Hello, Having no flatrate I told Outlook to disconnect the Internet-connection when all emails have been send. So Outlook starts sending eMails and after that Norton Internet Security checks all outgoing mails for viruses, before the connection will be interrupted. This worked very well for a long time. But since this month, Outlook still sends its eMails, but before Norton is able to check the Mails, the Connection is disconnected - so of course I get an error message, that my mails could not been sent. Is someone here who might have an idea, why this happens and what can be done to make it...

Windows live mail and others
Hello, I just installed windows 7, and found out there is no built in email client. I am finding out, that I can't get windows mail, but I can get windows live mail from MS as a downloaded add on. I don't think I understand how this works. Where are your email messages, contact list, & whatever else data actually stored ??? If you can get to your email account from anywhere, does that mean that you have to access your computer remotely, and have it turned on all the time ? Or does MS have all you private info on their servers ? I just don't understand how it ...

Rule to assign account to incoming mail
I apologize for the cross-posting, but I couldn't figure out which of these groups would be the most relevant to my question. I have been using Outlook at work for a number of years but have used neither it nor Express at home. Instead I have through the years used Eudora and more recently, Pocomail. There would be many advantages for me to move to Outlook (like a unified contact file instead of separate address books), but there is one thing standing in my way. I own my own domain. I have a number of email addresses that use the same pop server for retrieval. For example, the default ...

Moving e-mails in OL2002 and Exchange 5.5?
We have got an Exchange 5.5 server and I am trying to use the Outlook Rules Wizard to move e-mails from any address with @company.com in their e-mail address to a different folder under my Inbox. This doens't work. It works with outside addresses, but not internal ones. We have multiple domain's accross multiple locations, so would like to create one to move @company1.com to Company 1 folder, @company2.com to Company 2 folder ETC. Any idea how this can be done? ...

E-mail Only
I have a customer who is asking to have 5 users setup with only an e-mail account. They don't want them accessing the network. Is it possible for someone to only have access to OWA and nothing else? Basic setup: SBS 2003 Standard 10 users. Thanks! Tim Hi Tim, Try this: (once you have the user accounts created) Server Management | Standard Management | (double click a user account in the right pane) | Account (tab) | "Log on to" Now specify just the SBS server. This should restrict the user to logging into RWW or OWA, but not let him log on loca...

WArning message #3
sorry for late reply, thank yo -- NG_Leed ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NG_Leeds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1184 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=23897 ...

mailing labels
How do I take the information (names, addresses) in my Excel and turn it into the format for a mailing label? I have tried Word mail merge without much luck. It will merge all info except the zip code. Should I include that in the state cell to get both to print? bob bb, have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm for some tips from David McRitchie "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:nX36b.297$Yt.11@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > How do I take the information (names, addresses) in my Excel and turn it > into the format for a ...

fail to deliver a group mail --- "503 BAD SEQUENCE OF COMMANDS"
I created a contact folder "F" with 300 contact info, including myself and X. I send the mail to myself , cc to X, and bcc to "F". It was sent out succefully, however I received a system undeliverable message of "503 BAD SEQUENCE OF COMMANDS" under each mail address of the recepient, including me and X. What is the problem? SpringFlower <SpringFlower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a contact folder "F" with 300 contact info, including > myself and X. I send the mail to myself , cc to X, and bcc to "F". Not po...

Archieving
Al Having recently hit our database limit of 16Gb I am trying to get archieving working properly for all users We have Exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT4 sp6. All our clients are Outlook XP When Archieving on some users Outlook, the Archieving skips emails that are older than the determined archieve age of 3 months and does not archieve these emails This seems totaly random but ofton misses lots of email acounting for a large proportion of their total Mailbox On these users Mailboxes I have checked that each individual folder is set to allow Archieving Can anyone point me in a direction that will ...

How to Block and reply to message with NO SUBJECT in OL2000?
Can someone provide me with the code to paste into ThisOutlookSession that will allow me to delete mail with No Subject in Outlook 2000 AND will automatically send a reply to the originator. I use rules to autoreply to FW:, etc with boiler plate e-mail, but the rules in Outlook 2000 don't apply to NO SUBJECT. I'm not a VBA programmer, but can do a jam-up job of cut and paste. Thanks, Jake "Jake" <jclngvl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:879563d9.0411201624.716617cf@posting.google.com... > Can someone provide me with the code to paste into ThisOutlookSession &...