Appointment

Hi All

i have a weird problem to which i've googled but cannot find a solution for.

if someone sets up a meeting and sends out invitations, the time appears an
hour off for some invitees.  i've checked every PC and server involved and
the time and region is correct.

Windows 2000/Windows XP
Exchange 5.5

any help would be much appreciated

thank you in advance

shaun

0
Jim4192 (3)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:54:55 +0100, "letmeoutofhere" <jim@bob.com>
wrote:

>Hi All
>
>i have a weird problem to which i've googled but cannot find a solution for.
>
>if someone sets up a meeting and sends out invitations, the time appears an
>hour off for some invitees.  i've checked every PC and server involved and
>the time and region is correct.
>
>Windows 2000/Windows XP
>Exchange 5.5
>
>any help would be much appreciated
>
>thank you in advance
>
>shaun

And have you checked the Outlook client as well? There are three
places you need to check, not just two.
0
mark7219 (5666)

retrieving an appointment.
A staff member sent out an invitation to staff by accident. Now she wants to retrieve it since it contains confidential information. Is there a way to that? I have stopped all exchange services until I find a solution. I do not have msg tracking turned on in Exchange, if you need to know. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and outlook XP Thanks, You can extract the message using exmerge based on the subject of the message. 328202 HOW TO: Remove a Virus-Infected Message from Mailboxes by Using the http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328202 -- Jennifer Akeley Microsoft PSS This posting is prov...

They can see My appointments
I have exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. when a staff member invites me to a meeting, they can see my other meetings when they place the mouse on top of these meetings. How can I stop that? Thanks, On Wed, 3 May 2006 15:49:02 -0400, "Dooma" <nowhere@noway.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. when a staff member invites me to a >meeting, they can see my other meetings when they place the mouse on top of >these meetings. How can I stop that? > >Thanks, > > Make them private. Youshould still let them see your free/busy data but you can ...

Organizing Appointments on owner's behalf
When an organizer creates an appointment on behalf of the owner, the appointment should not appear on the organizer's calendar as it does in CRM 3.0. This situation creates appointment conflicts when the organizer schedules several appointments for the same day & time. In these cases the organizer is never present at the appointment but only books the appointment for the representative. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Can't create/add calendar appointments
Hi- I have a couple of end users who intermittently can not add appointments to their calendars. If I recreate their Outlook profile, it allows them to do it for a week or so, then reverts to not allowing it. This is Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003 servers. Thoughts? Thanks. ...

Contact shortcut window is missing in lower left corner of appoint
I was able to link a calendar appointment to a contact by putting the contact name in a small window in the lower left corner of the appointment window. How do I get that shortcut window to appear again? -- Thank you Paul Outlook 2007? Tools, options, contact options, enabled the option to show contact linking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outl...

Colour coding appointments
I have 2 directors who work in several different offices. How can I colour code their appointments so I know which office they are working/meeting out of? Thanks "doberman" <doberman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4902F8B7-D176-4933-950A-CF943841B8FE@microsoft.com... >I have 2 directors who work in several different offices. How can I colour > code their appointments so I know which office they are working/meeting out > of? Assign them categories. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook Not sync-ing appointment
A users is not able to sync an appointment. Other appointments he has do sync, is there anything I can do to troubleshoot why? It appears in Web Client just fine. Just doesn't carry over into outlook when sync operation occurs. are any errors showing in the sync process? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "ARCUser" <ARCUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9596C6F-8EB1-4B3F-937C-CBBE9593EEE4@microsoft.com... >A users is not able to sync an appointment. Other appointments he has do >...

Changing the Regarding for closed appointment
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the 'Regarding' on a closed appointment? I know there are a couple of workarounds for other activity types (manual workflow, or redoing the 'Track in CRM') but this isn't possible for appointments. ...

Show Customer in Appointments
Hey Guys Wonder if someone has an answer for this. Our users create appointments against the contacts who are attached to an account. When doing an advanced search for the appointments or the oppertunities the manager would like to see the account name as well as the contact name so it is easier to see the company name to which the contact belongs. Can this be done? Regards Jas This cann't be done in the crm view. You can only select attributes of the current entity (which is activity in this case) and you would need to add the account attribute of the contact in the regardin...

Appointment date in invalid
Hi We are creating service activities for the scheduling of equipment which is rented to a client for up to five years. We created a service activity, set the duration and received an error message stating that the "Duration of the Appointment is invalid". Does anyone know why this occured and how to solve it? Many Thanks There is a built-in limit to the duration of a service activity which is way less than 5 years; from memory it's something like 10 days. Unfortunately I've not found a way round this "Mark Braithwaite" wrote: > Hi > > We a...

Rules Wizard and Appointments, oh my!!
Is there any way to create a rule that will detect if an appointment has come into the mailbox? We've got a generic temporary account in our office that is used for casual employees, and that account needs to be included on our office mail distribution list. The trouble is that this account is seldom used and may not be opened for weeks at a time. To counter this, I set up a rule that would autoforward a mail to the office distribution list if the temp account was the only recipient. Now our distribution list receives appointment requests sometimes, but the autoforward rule then sends a co...

Saving CRM Appointment REALLY SLOW
When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the "Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG time to save and close that window. And it's not a hardware problem as this is a newer machine. Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase performance? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com We observed this occasionally too, but not all the time. I understand that it does involve synching with Outlook Calender at the same time...

Calendar Appointment
When an appointment is entered into a date and time and enter is pushed the appointment reverts to the current date and time. It does not appear in the date and time slot where it was entered. -- Parker Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Can you reproduce this in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World...

appointment
I have noticed that When setting appointments in my calendar (outlook 2003) I will invite attendee's who have outlook 2000 The email that they recieve is not in the form of an appointment that they can accept. It seems that something is getting lost somewhere along the way. Has anyone had problems in sending appointments to others with Outlook 2000 from Outlook 2003? ...

How do I determine who is the appointment creator?
I need a way in Outlook 2000 or 2003 to determine who is the appointment creator. Voluntary entry of initials is unreliable. Does the system track this in a file somewhere that is retrievable? Open the appointment and go to the attendees tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Zman asked: | I need a way in Outlook 2000 or 2003 to determine who is the | appointment creator. Vo...

Recurring appointments/entries are duplicating
Birthdays and recurring appointments are duplicating on my Outlook calendar and on my PDA...and in my archive calendar the duplicate appointments don't show up at all (which I now have set at "do not archive" since I lost my calendar due to archive settings but now have restored by exporting from laptop to desktop) It's because of the sync - copy them to a folder in outlook, delete all from the folder you sync with then sync. They should all be deleted. Once both are clear, move the items back into the calendar and resync. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Change alarm options for individual appointments
I have now had a wm6 device for over a year, and really like to connectivity, but while you can turn reminders on and off for specific appointments, you can't change the reminder options themselves for the appointment. For example, for Anniversaries, Birthdays and all other all day appoitments, while I would like an on screen reminder, I don't want an audible alarm at midnight on the day of the event. Is there a way to tweek the registry for facilitate a change to all "All Day" appointments? Is this something that will be addressed in Windows Mobile 7? Man...

prevent changing appointments in the past
hello We would like to prevent or users to change there appointments in there calender in the past. They should only have permission to change/delete appointments that haven't yet occured. Is there a way to do this ? We use exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 ? Any help would be appreciated ! Greetings Duclover </duclover> wrote: > hello > > We would like to prevent or users to change there appointments in > there calender in the past. > > They should only have permission to change/delete appointments that > haven't yet occured. > > Is there a wa...

How do I delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook?
I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) that came with Windows Mobile 2003 running on a Vista Home Premium box. Is there a way to delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook at once? It would be almost ippossibe to delete every appointment/calendar item one by one. When I have to delete and recreate a partnership to my pocket pc I have double of every appointment. If I can delete all appointments/calendar items in outlook 2002 I can quickly/easily reestablish all the correct appointments/calendar items from a backup. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook 2002. After completel...

Past Due Recurring Appointments
When I close Outlook 2003 and reopen it, all of the Past Due Recurring Appointments keep sounding off! The Past Due Alert comes up each time Outlook starts up. It's really annoying! Is there a way to program Outlook to ignore Past Due Recurring Appointments, and only alert me when the next one comes up? Thank you for your help with this. Have you tried dismissing them? What happens when you try? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Appointment times wrong after changing computer time
The timestamp on my outgoing messages were 3 hours off. I changed the time zone on the system clock and got the correct time on my outlook outgoing messages. However, after I "fixed" this, now all of my outlook appointment times are off. That is, an appointment that used to be 9:00 am is now 12:00. Is there an easy way to move all of my appointments back 3 hours? ...

Edit Schedule Appointment Crashes
If you create an appointment in CRM and add a user. Then, lets say when the user you added goes to add another person which he presumably is able to because he can click on the looking glass an add users. Once the user is added and you click on save. It will take a long time for the changes to apply and then it errors out. Then NO-ONE will be able to access activities nor the service calendar until someone does an IISRESET on the CRM server. This is 100 percent repeatable. Please help ...

Outlook 2002 crashes when receiving appointment
Hi all, Kind of a weird situation. Our sys admin setup one user with Outlook 2000 so that it will automatically send appointments in her calendar to our exec. director. Used to work fine until the exec got a new computer with Office XP. Now, whenever the exec opens that email, she gets a runtime error and Outlook crashes. My short-term fix was to tell her not to open those emails. I've searched the knowledge base for this or any incompatibilities between Outlook 2000 and 2002. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks, Steve ...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

time of appointment changes by one hour. Why?
I have a comptuer with Outlook 2003. My boss has a computer running Office 2000. I can access my bosses calendar, and see all the appointments. When I schedule an appointment for him, on my computer it registers the correct time. On his, it updates to show the appointment, but it shows for one hour earlier. I've checked the computer clocks on both computers. What could be causing this? And how would you recommend fixing this? Check to make sure you don't/do have daylight savings box checked in the options menu. If it's checked, uncheck it. If it's unchecked, check ...