appoint show up differently on different computers

Using Exchange 2003, with mixed Outook2000 and Outlook2003 clients.  OSes are mixed also, NT4.0, 2000, XP.  The problem:  In Exchange public folders some computers display the same appointsments differently.  For example, we use a public calendar to mark employee birthdays.  On some computers the birthdays are showing up as two day events, while other show it as a one day events.  There does not be any rhyme or reasons why it appears on one computer a certain way and differently on another

Any ideas

thank
Peter
0
anonymous (74718)

Have a look at the date time settings on the computers. Pay close attention to the time zones

J.
0
anonymous (74718)

Saving CRM Appointment REALLY SLOW
When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the "Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG time to save and close that window. And it's not a hardware problem as this is a newer machine. Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase performance? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com We observed this occasionally too, but not all the time. I understand that it does involve synching with Outlook Calender at the same time...

Show Ranking
Excel 2003 I'm looking for a way to show a current rank that updates as data is input. In my example the higher the percentage the better the rank- ie. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. How do I get C13 thru G13 to show the current rank B C D E F G 2 Percentage Lost 3 Day Adam Jack Stacy Emily Jamie 4 Monday 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 5 Friday 1.49% 1.55% 0.00% 1.93% 1.98% 6 Tuesday 2.48% 1.94% 0.80% 1.45% 2.48% 7 Friday 2.97% 2.71% 1.61% 2.90% 3.96% 8 Tuesday 9 Friday 10 Tuesday 11 Wednesday 12 Monday 13 Rank ? ? ? ? ? I got it.... In C14 thru ...

Public Folder Restore onto different server name box
Hello, We have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2 environment and currently testing a disaster recovery scenario at a lab environment. we are trying to restore Mailboxes & Public folders from backup tape which was taken by 3rd party backup software. I have successfully restore Mailboxes onto different name server using Recovery Storage Group, however, I cannot find any way to restore Public Folders. Does anyone know how to restore Public Folders onto different server name box? Please kindly let me know! Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Takeshi I&#...

GPEDIT doesn't show all items
From a post before in this Newsgroup, I start using MS Print migrator Tool to move printer driver from one server to another. Looks like a very good tool. Unfortunately, I receive a error message: WARNING: Kernel Mode Drivers (version 2) are blocked on the target machine. Disable Kernel Mode driver blocking and re-run Printer Migrator." Surfing, I found a solution (http://www.chicagotech.net/others/pritermigrator1.htm), but wehn I try to follow the instructions, when I go to "GROUP POLICY EDITOR" > Explorer Computer Configuration > Select Administrative Te...

Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming
Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ From $15.99 - up Computers,Note Books,Software,Hardware,Gaming,Visual,PDA's and more Free shipping and handling for a limited time! Brand new store! GREAT COMPUTER DEALS! http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ Closing thread -- Phil Melek Microsoft Corp. ...

Appointments dissapear in Outlook98
I'm having some problems with outlook98 i'm running windowsNT4 (sp6a)on a notebook. Appointments on the calender disappear to reapear later the same day or a day after! This problem keeps returning can some1 please help me? Anyone who find an answer thanks a lot! ...

MS-CRM should support Recurring Appointment
MS-CRM should support Recurrring Appointment, just like MS-Outlook. Since CRM works in Outlook, this functionality should be available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

Appointments
If I have an opportunity client that I want to schedule a meeting for and also want a couple of internal employees to join, but also want a reminder, what is the best way to do this? When I go into Sales For Outlook client, I can create a CRM Appointment with Attendees internally, but cannot seem to pick any item in the CRM Folders to add in. Same, when I am in Opportunities and create and appointment, I can have everyone but it does not create an appointment in my Outlook for synching with a Palm Pilot and getting an reminder? Am I missing something or is there a recommend way to...

CRM Appointments to Outlook Appointments
I am looking for some documentation around the relationship between CRM appointments and Outlook appointments. For example, I know that appointments I create in CRM can be synced into my Outlook calendar, which I like because then I can get a month view of what is coming up. When those appointments get put into my Outlook calendar, they are created with a reminder, which I don't like because I am getting an Outlook reminder popping up when I don't need one. And if I hit dismiss on that Outlook reminder, what impact does that have, if any, on the CRM appointment? Does it clos...

Deactivated users in a resourcegroup is showing in the serviceacti
I have created a service where I want one user in a special resourcegroup to perform the service. Now I have deactivated a user and deleted it from the resourcegroup. The problem appears when I choose to create a serviceactivity and choose resource. The user that is deactivated and taken away from the resourcegroup still appears as an option. How do I get rid of that user? ...

How to turn OFF automatic noticing of appointments?
Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment" (or something like that - I have another language of Outlook). Is it possible to turn this option off as default? Best regards, =D8ystein In OL2003 and possibly earlier: Tools menu > Options. Right on the Preferences tab there's a setting for default Reminders. Uncheck it. <oystlars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132739700.593434.76400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Everytime I add an appointment the checkbox is checked; "notice me 15 min before appointment&quo...

Show only last row before value changes
In Excel 2002 I have a looooong worksheet that records account status for customers. Each customer can have, but need not have, multiple records, which are created by virtue of changes made to the accounts, and the records are sorted first by account number and then by date. For example, part of the worksheet might look like this: Acct # Date Status A00001 01/01/01 A A00001 04/01/02 A A00001 06/01/03 T <---- A00435 12/01/98 A A00435 01/01/03 A <---- A12345 04/01/02 A <---- A24490 02/01/03 A A24490 07/01/03 ...

I am unable to create new appointments in my calendar, why!?
Trying to create new appointments in my calendar, but it does nothing. I have tried it several different ways, using file, new, appointment also going to the calendar and highlighting a time and right click to select new appointment and nothing happens. I am able to create appointments in other calendars that I have permission to, it is just my own calendar. Also cannot open existing appointments. Try resetting the view. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

computing sums
when i try to autosum a column of numbers, what im getting is the formula in the cell and not the sum. anyone know why this is happening? thanks in advance I suspect the cell where you are putting your AutoSum is formatted as Text Regards Trevor "Holden Caulfield" <HoldenCaulfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F387DB27-F20E-41CF-8171-6F6438798084@microsoft.com... > when i try to autosum a column of numbers, what im getting is the formula > in > the cell and not the sum. anyone know why this is happening? thanks in > advance The cell...

Appointment !!!
Hi, Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 or 3 months . With Regards, Sudharson.AN Yes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O2EaHw3PEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | Is it possible to set an appointment and set a reminder for that for say 2 | or 3 months . | | With Regards, | | Sudharson.AN | | ...

Changing System Clock without corrupting appointment times
My computer was set up on the east coast and appointments were entered for up to two years in advance. The computer was moved to the west coast and additional appoinments were entered. The system time was not adjusted for the different time zone. Now the reminders are off by 3 hours. If I change the system time, all appointments are in error by 3 hours. Is there a good way to correct the system clock without creating errors on all of my appointments. I have considered exporting all of the appointments to a file, deleting all appointments, then importing the appointments after rese...

A fresh start on a Dell computer
This is: Dell Dimension XPS T600r Pentium III, 598MHz, 319MB RAM, 12.7GB hard drive If PCR sees this post, this computer is the one with the "shadowed display" that you helped me with about 8 months ago. It seemed likely that a part failed in the video card, but I decided to live with it as it's still very usable. Another problem it has, a sound card but no driver. The driver it needs is: Aureal A2D Sound Driver 3.12 Windows 9x, I believe. A year ago, the Dell site mentioned a driver that is for a different video card. Searching then did not give a download of...

convert appointment to opportunity : link ?
Hi everybody, There is a feature that allows us to "convert" an appointment to an opportunity. But there isn't any field that remember the link between the appointment and the opportunity... Do you know a way to get it? Isn't the activity listed in the Activities/History area of the Opportunity? When you convert an appointment to an opportunity that appointment should be listed as the only activity listed in the Activities (if you didn't close the appointment when converting) or History (if you did close the appointment when converting). Kind regards, Alex &...

different version of office
I just recently got a new computer and new software. I find that my new Office XP program does not include all of the things I enjoyed with Microsoft Office 2000 - Small Business, such as many more fonts, business card templates, etc. Can I load the programs from the old discs onto my new computer? Or can I transfer the program somehow from my old computer to the new one? Easy on the jargon, please -- I'm a little slow that way. Thanks so much to anyone who can clue me in. You can install your Office 2000 discs, but then you will have two versions of Office installed. You m...

Microsoft Mail and Outlook on same computer
can both run on one vista computer. Microsoft mail with one email provider (work) and outlook with another(school)? any special setup required. I suppose each will have its own contact manager, but one could be used. William F There is no such thing as "Microsoft mail". This newsgroup is for Windows Mail; is that what you are asking about? If so, then yes, you can have both Windows Mail and Outlook in one system but I don't understand why you need to. "Harrell" <hfreeman@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:%23yLsO3coKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

Moving Mail box to different server
Hi all, i am using Exchange2k with latest Sp and roll pack in win2k environment . just now i setup another server, i want to move all the mail box from server 1 to server 2. from the active directory user and computers i select the exchange task and user which mail box i want to move to another server, but the destination area is not visible. please help how to do it... any help is highly appreciated. Thanks Diku (MCSE, CCNA) Are both servers in the same admin group? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

Appointments in Outlook
Hi, I am trying to schedule an appointment in the Sales for Outlook Client which I have to add one of our users as an attendee. However, the appointment goes into my Outlook calendar but not into the Outlook calendar of the user that is an attendee. I then get a box pop up called Check Names - Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognise Companyname\Username. It asks me to select the address to use but in the box it has no suggestions. Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks in advance Lee ...

Workflow and Appointment creation
Why is not possible to create an appointment in Workflow as activity type? what other way we could create an activity type of Appointment within the WF Manager? Thanks in advance for your help Max The main reason is that the creation of an Appointment indicates that the customer has agreed to meet with you. If the system just put a meeting on your calendar, you have no idea whether or not the customer agreed to that time and you might show up for a meeting and they might not be there. You are better off creating a task to have the user setup the meeting. If you really need this, then y...

calender that shows weekend days in pivot table calender selectio.
Please clarify your request. You can include more information than what's in the subject line. "jhollfelder" <jhollfelder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A0B0F9-2A19-4FBA-8D9F-53F7CAC63829@microsoft.com... > ...

Why is it showing formulas
When I enter a formula on my worksheet is doesn't calculate it jus stays as a formula. It's never done this before so I don't know what t do. PLEASE HELP -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Anna, Take a look in Tools>Options>View and in the section called Window Options, see if the Formulas checkbox is set. If so, unset it. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "AnnaV >" <<AnnaV.1bxees@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:AnnaV....