Applying recipient policies

I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech
> <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard
> >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items
> >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company
> >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90
> >days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want
> >to keep them for longer than that.
> >
> >Thanks, Tom
>

> Mailbox Manager/ Create a New Recipient policy

I realized this after I posted it, and have done so. I am testing it against
just my mailbox (using the LDAP filter) to see how it works, and so far it
isn't working. I've configured it to delete items older than 90 days, but
it's not working. I tried "Apply this policy now" but doesn't seem to have
made a difference.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks, Tom
0
techinfo1 (4)

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:49:15 -0700, Equilar Tech
<techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote:

>I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech
>> <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard
>> >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items
>> >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company
>> >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90
>> >days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want
>> >to keep them for longer than that.
>> >
>> >Thanks, Tom
>>

>> Mailbox Manager/ Create a New Recipient policy
>>

>I realized this after I posted it, and have done so. I am testing it against
>just my mailbox (using the LDAP filter) to see how it works, and so far it
>isn't working. I've configured it to delete items older than 90 days, but
>it's not working. I tried "Apply this policy now" but doesn't seem to have
>made a difference.
>
>Can anyone point me in the direction of how to troubleshoot this?
>
>Thanks, Tom

Crank up diagnostics on Mailbox Management under the
Server/Diagnostics Logging/MsExchangeSA in the ESM.

0
adavid (8731)

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Address list in the Mail Merge Recipients
Does anyone know how to mail an address list in the Mail Merge Recipients box? It's a list of employeenames that will be added to for future years. Does she have to create her own? I am a WordPerfect User (bad word) and this is very frustrating because I just want to mail the address list and she can do her own merges. Shari I don't fully understand your post, but let me have a go. Publisher will merge any CSV (Comma Separated Values) which can easily be added to or names removed. You are well advised to stay well away from using the database built into Publisher as it is a meg...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Windows firewall settings deployed via group policy
I'm trying to find the correlation between the settings I have defined on the WinXP SP3 clients and where/what those would be in Group policy/organizational units (sorry, I'm lacking in terminology here). I have the windows firewall enabled, but there are 2 programs that I need to let through for functionality. In the MMC, I have browsed to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Network, Network Connections, and then Windows Firewall. In define program exceptions, what is the string I put in there to specify these 2 programs to get through the firewall? &...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Message recipient limit calculation algorothm.
Does anybody know how recipient limit calculation algorithm works out? Will set up mailbox recipient limit be exceeded sending e-mail to multiple DLs at a time where recipient is a member of several of these DLs, i.e. does set up recipient limit compared with total sum of DL members neglecting possible multiple occurrences of a same recipient in different DL or resulting recipient list calculation considers only unique recipients? Thank you in advance. algorithm? I think it is just a size thing. all addresses must fit in a certain size. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

Payables issue with Applied Payments and Void Check
Hi, We had a user a number of months ago apply a number of Credit Memos from a vendor to a large invoice while creating a check. Apparently the check was then void, without a normal check number leaving us with "REMIT0000000000xx" as the reference to it. We now have a situation where the large invoice and all of the credits are still showing in the system as open. The individual credit memos do not show as having amounts applied, but when we try to apply them we're told that the amount is already applied. Everything seems to be stuck in limbo, with no way to post to resol...

unposted applied credits
how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. Thanks, Scott If you have SmartList Builder, you could use it to create a SmartList based on the Cash receipts work file. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Create a report off RM10201 (RM Cash Receipts Work File). Add a restriction where Current Transaction Amount <> Original Transaction Amount. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Which smartlist contains t...

How to apply a weighting
I'm trying to apply a weighting to my teams to allow for experience and size I have 3 teams which are different sizes and are different skill levels. Level 5 is the lowest skill level and level 1 being the highest skill level. Team size/level5/level4/level3/level2/level1 6/3/2/0/1/0 10/2/3/4/0/1 7/0/2/3/1/1 How do I apply a weighting to these numbers to allow for team size and experience. Can I do this using sumproduct? I tried looking at this but cant get my fragile little mind around it Thanks in advance. -- Homer J ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Mass apply or batch apply sales documents?
Is there any way to avoid manually applying payments one by one? Our current process is that we have a cash receipt batch of payments that have declined, and on a daily basis, it is reauthorized. When the payments are approved, the payments are posted without applying the payment to the invoice first. We are using GP 10. Thanks, Erin Erin, There are several third party programs that address this issue very well. Do a search on the internet and you shall find them. Best regards, Leslie Vail "Erin Black-Mitchell" wrote: > Is there any way to ...

Local user to Local Group: You do not have permission to send to this recipient
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 clients. All my domain users are in DomainUsers group. Everybody could send mails to DomainUsers, except one users with the following error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: MySubjectTest Sent: 10/1/2007 10:30 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: DomainUsers on 10/1/2007 10:27 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <exchange.domain.com #5.7.1> Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. no b...

Apply CF to Row after CF was applied to Column
Can someone please help me? I've read through the postings and the help files but still can't seem to figure out how to do this. I've applied conditional formatting to the J column of my spreadsheet so that if there's any text listed the cell turns yellow. What I'd like is if not only the cell but the row, from A:O turned yellow also. How do you do that? I'm using 07. Any help in English walking me through the steps or a hint toward the appropriate post would be greatly appreciated. Cuz I aint figrin it out on myown! Thanks in advance! --Dax...

Policy Question
Is it possible to prevent a person in Outlook from Deleting any of their emails that come in? And I mean ANY if their emails. If so, where is the policy and/or how does a person go about implementing that? Thanks, Jon Check the Office Resource Kit for your version of Office. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jon asked: | Is it possible to prevent a person in Outlook from Deleting any of | their emails that c...

SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server
we are using SBS2000, SMTP connector is using ISP smtp relay server. One of our user getting the following error immediately after he pressed his "Send" button from his outlook 2003. He also got the same error when he tried to send to couple different recipient but the rest are ok. The problem only happened to him today. I do not receive any complaint from any other people. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient reject...

Does the Junk email filtering rules apply to RSS feeds?
Answer required! No. RSS feeds are voluntary and if you don't like them, you just delete them from reaching you. This is the same with newsgroups. If you don't like the insults in these newsgroups, you don't subscribe to them. PERIOD. Nobody send you these things to your mailbox. It is you who is getting them for your own consumption. With email it is completely different. You get spam even if you didn't want them so you need filters for them. Hope this helps. Jackel Jhon wrote: > > Answer required! Jackel Jhon wrote: > Answer required!...

GPO not applied
Dear all I have the following situation: 2 DC with Windows Server 2003, 1 Terminal Server with Windows Server 2003 and 2 Terminal Server with Windows Server 2008. For different clients I have different GPOs. When I login as user A (from client group A with GPO A) to each of these 3 Terminal Server the GPO applies successfully. When I login as user B (from client group B with GPO B) to each of those 3 Terminal Server the GPO does not apply. I notice that I have the error in event viewer: 1053: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified user does no...

No image when stationery applied via code
Hi I am applying stationary to my outgoing email message when sending mail via code. The exact code is given at the end. The problem is that the image doe snot appear in the stationery at the other end. What is the problem and how can I get the image to accompany the mail as part of the stationary? I am running the code from within MS Access. Many Thanks Regards Code ==== Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set EM = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With EM .To = "user@company.com" .Subject = "Any Subject" .HTMLBody = HTMLTextAndSignature(...

Apply patch
--wihuwnzlron Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yrdtlhhpgluxil"; type="multipart/alternative" --yrdtlhhpgluxil Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gnolhsghonsbmhfpk" --gnolhsghonsbmhfpk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

Recipient Policy #13
I have created and applied a policy to delete all mail older than 186 days from the Inbox and Sent Items all other folders 365 days. For the most part the mail has been deleted but some users are reporting that they still have mail dated from 2004 and 2005 sitting in folders in there outlook tree. This mail should have been deleted correct? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any assistance.... mshill2 <mshill2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created and applied a policy to delete all mail older than 186 > days from the Inbox and Sent Items all other fol...

Apply concatenation formula to column
Ho campers An extremely basic question: I have figured out how to concatenate several values from a particular row (e.g. =F2&"."&G2) to get what I need in H2. How do I then apply the same formula for the entire F and G columns to show the results of each row in it's respective M row? I assume I can do this without writing a new formula in M for each row, but I've been trying various search phrases in Excel help without success. (Good thing I at least remembered "concatenate" is what I wanted to do... . Hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help Georg Wi...