Any1 know how-to create the input file needed for the Exchange DST Update Tool?

I have tried different methods suggested by MS, but I am unable to
produce an input file in the following format:

User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF

You would think the script would produce an output in the same format
to use for the update...

0
slerche (3)

You are running MSEXTMZ in "Time Zone Extraction" Mode?  (That is the mode
that creates the TAB delimited TZ file)

The account you are running under has correct permissions (Full mailbox
access and Send As)?
What does your .ini file look like?

<slerche@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have tried different methods suggested by MS, but I am unable to
> produce an input file in the following format:
>
> User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF
>
> You would think the script would produce an output in the same format
> to use for the update...

0
betelgeuse (144)
2/16/2007 3:38:37 PM
Yes, account has full permissions.  The timezone extraction mode
produces a file that looks like this:

User_DN\TAB CDO_Time_Zone\TAB Outlook Web Access_Time_Zone\TAB
Outlook_Time_Zone\TAB Recurring_Meeting_Time_Zone CRLF

But the update requires the input file to be in the following format:

User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF

The error log is not producing any errors...

0
slerche (3)
2/16/2007 3:49:09 PM
And yes, PickLogonProfile is set to 1...

Here is an example of the TZ extraction

/O=ORGANIZATION/OU=HQ/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ME	Central Time	Central
Standard Time

0
slerche (3)
2/16/2007 3:52:01 PM
Check out the Exchange team blog.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/14/435267.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

It's a lot easier if you run mseextmzcfg.exe which does most of the heavy
lifting for you.

-Keith

> And yes, PickLogonProfile is set to 1...
>
> Here is an example of the TZ extraction
>
> /O=ORGANIZATION/OU=HQ/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ME Central Time Central
> Standard Time

I need to know Distribution List
Is very important to me. go to contacts, action, new distribution lists "Pedro" <tsitrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSqMkwOuDHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is very important to me. > > Contacts New Distribution List "Pedro" <tsitrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSqMkwOuDHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is very important to me. > > ...

How does Excel determine if a file is already in use?
Is it only if the OS tells it? I've posted a message (with no response) so I'm asking a different way. In VBA terms, it would be part of the Workbooks collection. If you were so inclined, here is a UDF (User Defined Function) that would tell you if a specific book is open. Function IsOpen(wbook As String) As Boolean Dim wb as Excel.Workbook IsOpen =3D False On Error Resume Next Set wb =3D Workbooks(wbook) If Err =3D 0 then IsOpen =3D True End If On Error Goto 0 Exit Function HTH, JP On Mar 19, 1:26=A0pm, "Paul MacFarlane" <pmacfarl...@mullenlaw.com> w...

Some exchange user accounts not created properly- no x400 address created
Hi, I'm having some weird and wonderful issues creating user accounts that are exchange enabled. Often there is no SMTP or X400 address created by default. I've created X400 entries manually with mixed results. Running 3 off Win2003 servers. I have 2 gc DCs and the Exchange 2003SP1 box is a non GC DC. I'm trying to create the users on the Exchange2003 box. There's no errors in the event log that relate to AD,DNS,Exchange,Replication or similar that I can see.. Any ideas anyone? I've come up with nothing after trying to diagnose this after a couple of weeks. This probl...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object (3'rd request for help)
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Is there a solution to the problem? I found a posting that suggested that the deletion of all the name/value = pairs of the profile's registry key might solve a similar problem. What = potential problems might result from attempting this? I'd of cour...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

Creating a .LIB file (OT)
Hi, I need to create a .lib file from a .dll for use with MSVC6, and I'm not sure how to do this. I'm told I can use Lib.exe . How do I do this? "Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:<Kf43d.4042$JQ4.357618@news.xtra.co.nz>... > Hi, > > I need to create a .lib file from a .dll for use with MSVC6, and I'm not > sure how to do this. I'm told I can use Lib.exe . How do I do this? Hi there, if you have the source of the dll that you want to create a lib for then you should create a def file out of the functions that are exported ...

how can i create and edit pull down list
I need to create a list of e.g, names so that i can select a name to include in a cell, instead of typing them. Thanks -- excel57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17386 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395401 You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list of names. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html excel57 wrote: > I need to create a list of e.g, nam...

Backup & Retreive Outlook 98 .pst files???
How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files? Please, Please give me step by step instructions for both. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! glen@ccim.net Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked: | How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?...

Exchange reports 552 (mailbox full) when it's nowhere close?
I run an Exchange 2000 server and I have an outside user who has forwarded me an SMTP error message: <snip> Status: 5.2.2 Remote-MTA: DNS; ************ Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation </snip> The user being sent to has a mailbox size of 200 megs, but we also have users with mailboxes of 500 megs or more (I know, I hate it to, but you pick your battles with the bosses). The only place I have any limits set is in the mailbox store properties under limits. There, warnings are issued at 550000 and prohibit send is at 800000...

Strange timeouts when exchange server is connecting to our sendmail server
We have an exchange server at another location. I'm not the one who maintains it, but I can get the details if need be. One particular user is having some strange timeout problems when he sends messages with file attachments to the sendmail server at our location. It seems to be only him, and only when he sends attachments. Other messages come through fine. The sequence seems to be: - the exchange server connects to our server - it starts sending and then a short time later all communications cease. In a recent example, things stopped after about 80k of a 468k message was transferred. - t...

Off Topic I Know But,
Dear Folks, I come here for help, even if it is off topic, simply because this group has always been so fantastic in helping me to learn and "excel" in spreadsheets. I need help in coming up with a business slogan BUT there is no group out there that I'm aware of where I can discuss this. I tried all the alt.business groups but it is solid ads and no discussion. Any idea where to go? Many thanks to those business experts who frequent this group. Regards, Martin >learn and "excel" in spreadsheets. *Oh* So Cheesy. I often find entrepreneurial discussion g...

GazNet Anti-Spam Domains Protection File(Beta)
I down loaded the GazNET Anti-Spam Domains Protection File (Beta) for Outlook 2002 with Windows XP Home edition. I followed the instructions for unzipping, and renamed the file "Domains" to Junk Senders.I was unable to find C:\Documents And Settings\Mike\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\.What did I do wrong? Can I and How do I overwrite the Outlook Spam entries of junk senders? Thanks ...

More on xlw file and auto-update among xls files
Thanks for help from Tom and JE. My key concern is that: could I, by any means, keep links betwen file update each other even after I move one of the file to another folder? I tried xlw. The problem is that: I can not change the path of th saved files. So I can not send these files to someone else to open i with my xlw file. If it can reach that: say, I send the saved workbooks and the xlw fil together to another computer, and then when another user opens that xl file, all the workbooks will open automatically. Does anyone know more on this topic? Or is there any other solution t my...

anyone know of a Quicken Message Board?
Hi-and sorry to be asking this, but does anyone know of a public website for Quicken Deluxe users? Intuit's support is awful and I would like some assistance on a investment account problem (techical, not financial). I also have MS Money, but just wondered if someone knew of a current message board for Quicken users... Thanks Greg Try news:alt.comp.software.financial.quicken "Gregs lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0abd01c3dc41$e16ae590$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi-and sorry to be asking this, but does anyone know of a > public websi...

Can not install SP3 from downloaded file
When trying to run the Win XP, SP3 downloaded file I get an error saying “The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.” When trying to use Windows update to install SP3 I get the error No. 0x87FF36B7 See if the information in this MSKB article, "How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3”, helps you to resolve the problem: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/> -=- If these methods do not resolve the installation problem, you may want to contact support. For information about how to do this,...

Creating another Calendar
I'm using the Outlook calendar to schedule task. I was wondering is there a way of creating another Outlook so that I can schedule other tasks from a different project in its own seperate calendar. Thanks for the replies. Select File-->New-->Folder, give the new calendar a name; select Appointment items, then select its place in the hierarchy. >-----Original Message----- >I'm using the Outlook calendar to schedule task. I was wondering is >there a way of creating another Outlook so that I can schedule other >tasks from a different project in its own seperate cal...

Insert XML string into XML File: Part 2
Thanks to some good help from a previous post, I have been able to create well formed xml as part of a report logger app. However, I still have a small problem. When I add new xml to the log file, the new nodes are appended to the original file. What I really want is for the log file to grow as "report nodes" are added. Also, I am a bit concerned about performance, particularly as the file grows in size. I must write to an xml file (vs. a database) and am trying to understand the best way to do this. I prefer to not use "temp files" and would like to just modify the ...

Synchronizing .PST Files Between Multiple Computers
Hi Folks! What is the best way to keep two different .PST synchronized between two different computers? Currently, I have a Exchange account at work and a personal folder file with my personal calendar, contacts, etc. I, periodically, export the Exchange stuff to a .PST file and my personal .PST and bring it home to my computer there. I, periodically, export to the personal .PST file and then bring it back to work and import it there. Is there a better way to do this so that I don't have to keep importing/exporting all the time. Thank you very much! - Lawrence Lawrence &l...

Help! Creating an HTML 'signature card' to insert in Outlook
john inzer has saved by butt before hoping he or someone else can save me again. I need to create a signature for email that looks like a business card complete with picture with one exception. It needs to have tab tops and appear layered and on the top of those tabs there needs to be hyperlinks to various pages on a website. I can create the look but dont know if I make it in webpage design on pub or ?. I dont know html (i've used ebays turbo lister to create stuff then copy and pasted the html view - ez cheat) I had a wells fargo guy send me an email that had one in his with ...

Deleting Custom Fields created in SQL Schema
Hi, I read in another thread that you cannot delete custom fields created in SQL Schemas. Will this be something available in the next version of SQL or CRM 5.0 or how or when can this be done. Concerned as we will have to create a large number of custom fields for an upcoming conversion and if we need to delete any then we are "hooped". Also, what is the limit to the number of custom fields you can add? Thanks! Shauna I am not sure on the next version of CRM if it will allow that or not. Currently there is no way to delete fields. The limit is not really a limit of CRM...

Make Excel opnening CSV files work properly again.
By company standard, I'm using an US edition of Windows XP pro. (sp2 all patches installed.) and Office 2003 SP1, again us edition. I work in holland so I would prefer using the dutch regional settings in my control panel. What frustates me: When I'm using US Regional settings in control panel, changing list seperator actually works and influences the way Excel opens CVS files. When i'm Dutch regional settings, changing the list seperator char does not influence the way Excel opnens CVS files, in effect we can't work with csv files at all. Please correct this as soon a...

looking for MFC files...
could someone send those files to me ..please.. cstring.cpp cstrarr.cpp cbytearr.cpp cptrarr.cpp cmapsp.cpp plex.cpp bashama2000@yahoo.com MFC source is installed on your machine as well. Take a look there instead. --- Ajay <bashama2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:db12425c-a6d3-4937-aa50-682edc4eb3d0@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > could someone send those files to me ..please.. > > cstring.cpp > cstrarr.cpp > cbytearr.cpp > cptrarr.cpp > cmapsp.cpp > plex.cpp > > bashama2000@yahoo.com On Mar 17, 3:22=A0pm, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka.....

Open dialog when creating new object
Hi, whenever dragging an master into drawing area to create new object, i want an dialog, which allows user to edit the properties of new object, appear. How to do that ? And later, when the user double click that object the same dialog will appear so that user can edit these properties again. How to do that ? Thanks you are able to edit shape properties by right-clicking on the shape. You could define properties for the desired master shape and then only use that master rather than the preloaded stencil, e.g.: 1- drag desired shape, e.g. "Data" 2- right click onto Data shape, c...

Money 2007 File Question
I have a full version of MS Money 2007. I installed a trial version of Money Deluxe and it changed my file. I uninstalled Money Deluxe and I cannot restore the original file. Can someone tell me how to restore the original file so that I can use it with Money 2007? Thanks in Advance, When you upgraded Money made a copy of your .mny file as .m16. Go find that, rename it as .mny and double click (assuming you have got M2007 installed) which will start Money. Note all transactions since you upgraded will have to be re-input! :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unoff...

Exchange MTA service error
I am getting an error message "Verify that Microsoft Exchange MTA service has started Consecutive ma-open calls are failing with error 3051 Event ID 2000 I am running exchange enterprise 2003 and have never seen this error until the yesterday. I was wondering if I need this service started and any idea why I am getting this message. Well the message certainly suggests that the IS expects that the service be running. Not knowing whether you're running in native or mixed mode, or anything else about your environment, I can't say why you'd be getting this message...