An Unexpected MAPI Error Occurred MSExchangeES Event ID 5

I have been following this
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html
article to migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.  Everything has
gone well so I have been following this Microsoft KB307917 on removing
the first Exchange 2000 server from the site.  I'm done except for one
error:
Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeES
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	5
Date:		5/13/2005
Time:		11:01:20 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	EXCHANGER
An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x80004005].

I have looked at KB265397 articlie. which is the closest description of
my problem, however the only duplicates I have when I view my System
Folders are:
OWAScratchPad{GUID}
and
StoreEvents{GUID}

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I believe it may have to do with the account being used to start the Exchange
Event Service.  See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285021

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299676

HTH...

"marcus.james@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have been following this
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html
> article to migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.  Everything has
> gone well so I have been following this Microsoft KB307917 on removing
> the first Exchange 2000 server from the site.  I'm done except for one
> error:
> Error
> Event Source:	MSExchangeES
> Event Category:	General
> Event ID:	5
> Date:		5/13/2005
> Time:		11:01:20 AM
> User:		N/A
> Computer:	EXCHANGER
> An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x80004005].
>
> I have looked at KB265397 articlie. which is the closest description of
> my problem, however the only duplicates I have when I view my System
> Folders are:
> OWAScratchPad{GUID}
> and
> StoreEvents{GUID}
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

In services.msc I  went to the Log On tab of the Microsoft Exchange
Event Properties and changed from Log on as: Local System Account to
This Account, and I used the domain administrator.  I restarted the all
the exchange services and I did not get the error.  Is there any
problem with running this service as the domain administrator?

"James Marcus" wrote:

> In services.msc I  went to the Log On tab of the Microsoft Exchange
> Event Properties and changed from Log on as: Local System Account to
> This Account, and I used the domain administrator.  I restarted the all
> the exchange services and I did not get the error.  Is there any
> problem with running this service as the domain administrator?

Honestly, I doubt that it's a problem, however I would still try to get it
to use the Local System Account.  It becomes difficult to manage services
when running them under domain accounts.  At some point, the password for the
domain account will probably change and then you'll have to go back through
every service set up to run under that account and change the password.  It
can be a nightmare to do it that way.

-Brian

Outlook Views #5
Hello, I have an issue with the view that a client gets in his calendar. He gets a sort of Tasks View. Instead of the dates by day/week/month view like normal. I've tried re-installing, giving him a new profile and playing with the settings but nothing. I finally got the view back by adding another shared calendar to his view, clicking on that which brought back the normal view then clicking on his which brought both of them up in the normal view side by side then closeing the shared calendar leaving his as normal. I thought I'd got it but as soon as you click onto mail or a...

Hi #5
Hi,I am not really understand your solution...My problem is when I add ten new rows using VBA,I would like to add the validation using VBA,but I am not able to save it.....Can you explain it clearly?Because I am not really understand about copy a cell and paste validation,then continuous range....I am still new in Excel,can you explain it more clearly? ...

Repost: Crystal License error
Does anyone know where the IWAM_<computer_name> account password is being used by Crystal Reports? In my case I am getting logon errors for this account in the event log every time I try to access the reports. I have installed MSCRM on a Small Business Server 2000 box and I have gotten just about everything working except for the reports. When I try to access the reports I get the error about not enough crystal licenses. I saw the section in the implementation guide about this error but it doesn't seem to apply since the SBS2K box is an AD DC. Looking at the event logs it looks...

Error message in field
I have a report using a fab ticket for production, using fab ticket number for the key to tie the report to the sub-reports my sub-reports are for totals of stock items purchased items work labor cost each of the above gives me the total in each of its own queries the labor field is always used, but the other are not. Therefore I get an error message when the field is null the report works great when we have info in all sections I don't know any VBA programing but the things I tried are; iif(Isnull([file name]),0,[file name]) iif(isnull([file name]),0,format([filename],0)) ...

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol IID_IPOutlookApp
Hi, I have ported one class from .NET into standard C++ but I have issues with some constant. My class is defined lke this : #ifndef _SYSTEMWINDOWSMOBILEPOCKETOUTLOOK_H #define _SYSTEMWINDOWSMOBILEPOCKETOUTLOOK_H #include "System.h" #include <objbase.h> #include <pimstore.h> namespace System{ namespace WindowsMobile{ namespace PocketOutlook{ class PimItem; class Contact; class Appointment; class PimItemCollection; class ContactCollection; class Folder; class ContactFolder; class OutlookSession; ... class OutlookSession { public: ...

Sumproject Run-time Error 13
I have this code and am having trouble with the Sumproduct working. I get a Run-Time Error 13 and Type Mismatch message? Can anyone help. Dim mTimeCriteria As String Dim mQuestion1Range As Range, mTimeRange As Range mTimeCriteria = "First day of employment (Time 1)" Set mTimeRange = Worksheets("Data").Range("DataTime") Set mQuestion1Range = Worksheets("Data").Range("DataQuestion1") mTimeCriteria = """" & mTimeCriteria & """" MsgBox Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT( --(" & mTi...

FRx upgrade from 6.0 to 6.7 error
All, I am at a loss. We have upgrades GP from 6.0 to 8.0 successfully, then we ran the existing FRx 6.0 version fine on the GP 8.0. But I would like to upgrade to Frx 6.7 and am getting a banner error which is fatal and the install stops. I have met all 3 criteria spelled out in the FRx 6.7 documentation and am at a loss. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks -- For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack Ruyard Kipling What is the exact error message that you are getting? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "ncst8pak" <ncst8pak@discussion...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

Runtime error!
When I right-click a picture and select "send to recipient", occasionally I get the following: Runtime error! Wlmail.exe R6025 -pure virtual function call. Then WLM closes. Interesting, or what? ...

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

SignedXML throws error
When I try to used the CheckSignature Method of SignedXML I get the following error. "Unknown transform has been encountered. at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Reference.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedInfo.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Signature.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at SAML.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\\omtest\\saml\\form1.cs:line 295" string Any ideas what might be going wrong,...

unexpected conversion trouble

Odd attachment error
This has only started occurring today. I am able to open all my attachments, with the exception of any attachment that consists of the same file name "resume.doc" of which I receive 100s of this name. I am repeatedly receiving the "...check folder permissions" error. I have renamed all other files with this name, but nothing changes. I'm using WINXP and Outlook 2003. Check your C:\Documents and Settings\<<username>>\Local Settings\Temp folder. With Outlook and all other apps closed, try deleting all the .tmp files beginning with ~ in this folder. Res...

Errors in spelling in Auto-Correct
Just wondering, but why does "percent" show as an error in spelling? I'm using Microsoft Word 2010 Beta, by the way =) I'll try and post more vocabulary errors I find =) It's is a mistake. I'll bug that with MS and thanks for noticing it. It certainly was OK in previous versions, so I guess that someone has made a mistake. Microsoft buys in their proofing tools from third parties, so this may not get fixed before release. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mayazcherquoi" <Mayazcherquoi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

error 0xC00D11cc
Trying to use Napster but keep getting this error says Windows Media Player not installed correctly have uninstalled, reinstalled, rolled back to earlier version, reinstalled new version and still getting same error. Has always worked for years, any ideas? Which version of the player on what version of Windows? Does the player work fine outside of Napster? -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions...

GP 2010 Install Error
Hello: I downloaded the GP 2010 beta program. I am getting an error, after double-clicking on the Setup.exe file on my Vista laptop. The error says: "An error occurred while installing system components for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Bootstrapper. Setup cannot continue until all system components have not been successfully installed." When I click on the "Details" button on the error message, it tells me that the Dexterity Shared Components 11.0, Windows Installer 4.5, and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 were not installed. Specifically, it says that the .Net ...

NewMailEx event not Triggered
Hello experts, I am working on a macro to automate the processing of incoming mails using below code: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Application_NewMailEx(ByVal EntryIDCollection As String) Dim xlApp As New Excel.Application Dim xlBook As New Excel.Workbook Dim varEntryIDs, objItem Dim i As Integer Const OLECMDID_COPY = 12 Const OLECMDID_SELECTALL = 17 Const OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT = 0 Const OLECMDEXECOPT_PROMPTUSER = 1 Const OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER = 2 Const OLECMDEXECOPT_SHOWHELP = 3 Set ie = CreateObject("internetex...

error 9646
Hello I am receiving this error in Event Viewer for our Blackberry server account. I have referenced KB article 830836. The registry has already been modified to 750 objects, but now I am receiving these errors again in execss of 750. I notice that our virus software (McAfee) is se for on-Access scan with no folder excluded. Has anyone ran into this or a very similar issue. It would seem that I need to determine which folder to exclude? Thank you for your assistance Mark Clark http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=328841 lists the appropriate directories that should be ...

sql syntax error with insert into
this is the code that's giving me a syntax error: strSql = "insert into tblnewoptions (Option, OptionCode, AllocGroup) values ('" & Me.txtboxOption & "'" & ", '" & Me.txtboxOptionCode & "'" & ", '" & Me. txtboxAllocGroup & "');" Debug.Print strSql CurrentDb.Execute strSql and here is the debug.print line: insert into tblnewoptions (Option, OptionCode, AllocGroup) values('test desc', 'test code', 'test alloc'); the three test values are being pulled...

error after runing MS update last weel 10/13/2005
After getting update from microsoft I got error when trying sending email from MS excel program as attachment, with this error: general mail failure. quit microsoft exel, restart the mail system, and try again. ...

Error when trying to Create Purchase Order based on re-order information
When I try to create a new purchase order based on re-order information the status says Identifying items to be ordered, then an error pops up saying Run-time error '3251': Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operations. Store Operations Manager then closes. Can someone help me figure this out as I can't really place orders until I get this figured out. check this KB article: 0 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910710 -- Ahmed Nashat http://ahmed.nashat.googlepages.com <tfittsy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:47342429-dfa8-4fc3-99df-6f31085f33dc...

Object Expected error in customized report
I am having problems printing some modified reports. They are all built using Crystal Designer 9.2.2 using the SSO connection. The ones I am having problems with are also all redesigned versions of the stock reports. When I try to print them an "[object error]" dialog pops-up. I have also noticed that an "Object expected" message is displayed at the bottom of each page of the reports that won't print. I have several other completely custom reports that print just fine from within CRM. Is there something I need to do to the canned reports when I modify them ...

IE8 says 'last session closed unexpectedly' and offers to restore
I never close down with IE open, so why does it keep asking to restore my last session? I have Windows 7, recently purchased, so no control over IE8. If I delete browsing history, I can use it, and open it over and over, but when I boot the machine, it won't allow me to open IE8 to my home page. Closing it with the task bar doesn't help - it just goes into a wait state the next time I try to open it. (p.s. signing up just to ask this question was a nightmare of unclear directions) "measurement" <measurement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

zoom error when opening file
When opening an Excel file it zooms the font only to 200% (very large). The menus are all regular size, and going into the view menu and changing the view to something different resizes the font to its correct size. I can then change the view to what is needed. Any suggestions? ...

The Parameter error
Hi all, I am facing the problem with two users, they are able to create account, but they cannot view there previous accounts. The error message says that "The Parameter is incorrect" and the querry string in CRM says "_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewid=&gridId=crmGrid" The stack trace says error at "Microsoft.crm.Controls.GridContainerPage.ConfigureGrid()" and load() methods of the same has error. this Error is happening with only two users as I have 30 users, and 28 users dosenot get this error. Please give me some solution for the problem. thanx in advance ...