An strange OWA problem

Dear all experts,

I meet a strange problem with OWA...

The OWA is installed on a Win2000 machine that other than the Exchange 5.5
server and which has been using for almost a year without error.

Recently, the user complaint that they can't reply/forward emails because
the message window will be closed whenever they click on "reply", "reply
all" and "forward" buttons.

Here is that detail about the problem:
Step 1.) User click on a message for reading.
Step 2.) User click on the "reply", "reply all" or "forward" button for
further operation.
Step 3.) Oop! The message window that opened by Step 1 is closed.

I have tested the problem with few numbers of computer. The problem occurs
on both of them except the OWA server itself !

Please help.... Thank you very much

Software configuration:
1.) Exchange 5.5 server
OS: Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6a)
Exchange version: 5.5 SP4

2.) OWA server
OS: Windows 2000 server (Service Pack 4)
Exchange OWA version: 5.5 SP4

Thanks,
Keith

0
Keith

i ran into this problem with google popup stopper running. do they have popup
stopping software?

"Keith" wrote:

> Dear all experts,
>
> I meet a strange problem with OWA...
>
> The OWA is installed on a Win2000 machine that other than the Exchange 5.5
> server and which has been using for almost a year without error.
>
> Recently, the user complaint that they can't reply/forward emails because
> the message window will be closed whenever they click on "reply", "reply
> all" and "forward" buttons.
>
> Here is that detail about the problem:
> Step 1.) User click on a message for reading.
> Step 2.) User click on the "reply", "reply all" or "forward" button for
> further operation.
> Step 3.) Oop! The message window that opened by Step 1 is closed.
>
> I have tested the problem with few numbers of computer. The problem occurs
> on both of them except the OWA server itself !
>
> Please help.... Thank you very much
>
> Software configuration:
> 1.) Exchange 5.5 server
> OS: Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6a)
> Exchange version: 5.5 SP4
>
> 2.) OWA server
> OS: Windows 2000 server (Service Pack 4)
> Exchange OWA version: 5.5 SP4
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

0
Shelby1 (15)
10/18/2004 6:15:02 AM
Bingo !!

The problem is due to the WinXP service pack 2 pop-up blocker.......

Thank you very much....

"shelby" <shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i ran into this problem with google popup stopper running. do they have
popup
> stopping software?
>
> "Keith" wrote:
>
> > Dear all experts,
> >
> > I meet a strange problem with OWA...
> >
> > The OWA is installed on a Win2000 machine that other than the Exchange
5.5
> > server and which has been using for almost a year without error.
> >
> > Recently, the user complaint that they can't reply/forward emails
because
> > the message window will be closed whenever they click on "reply", "reply
> > all" and "forward" buttons.
> >
> > Here is that detail about the problem:
> > Step 1.) User click on a message for reading.
> > Step 2.) User click on the "reply", "reply all" or "forward" button for
> > further operation.
> > Step 3.) Oop! The message window that opened by Step 1 is closed.
> >
> > I have tested the problem with few numbers of computer. The problem
occurs
> > on both of them except the OWA server itself !
> >
> > Please help.... Thank you very much
> >
> > Software configuration:
> > 1.) Exchange 5.5 server
> > OS: Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6a)
> > Exchange version: 5.5 SP4
> >
> > 2.) OWA server
> > OS: Windows 2000 server (Service Pack 4)
> > Exchange OWA version: 5.5 SP4
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Keith

0
Keith
10/18/2004 7:48:19 AM
I have the same issue. We did everything mentioned in Article KB 883575.
Basic client works but premium does not. The only way to get this to work
for us was to un-install SP2.

Thanks Kevin

"Keith" <abuse@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote in message
> Bingo !!
>
> The problem is due to the WinXP service pack 2 pop-up blocker.......
>
> Thank you very much....
>
> "shelby" <shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i ran into this problem with google popup stopper running. do they have
> popup
> > stopping software?
> >
> > "Keith" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all experts,
> > >
> > > I meet a strange problem with OWA...
> > >
> > > The OWA is installed on a Win2000 machine that other than the Exchange
> 5.5
> > > server and which has been using for almost a year without error.
> > >
> > > Recently, the user complaint that they can't reply/forward emails
> because
> > > the message window will be closed whenever they click on "reply",
"reply
> > > all" and "forward" buttons.
> > >
> > > Here is that detail about the problem:
> > > Step 1.) User click on a message for reading.
> > > Step 2.) User click on the "reply", "reply all" or "forward" button
for
> > > further operation.
> > > Step 3.) Oop! The message window that opened by Step 1 is closed.
> > >
> > > I have tested the problem with few numbers of computer. The problem
> occurs
> > > on both of them except the OWA server itself !
> > >
> > > Please help.... Thank you very much
> > >
> > > Software configuration:
> > > 1.) Exchange 5.5 server
> > > OS: Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6a)
> > > Exchange version: 5.5 SP4
> > >
> > > 2.) OWA server
> > > OS: Windows 2000 server (Service Pack 4)
> > > Exchange OWA version: 5.5 SP4
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Keith

0
emer777 (10)

Problems with sharing a workbook
We've got a weekly accuracy check spreadsheet that's on another drive and accessible to me and another co-worker. Normally, we work on it at different times of the day, but this week we decided to make it accessible to both of us for simultaneous editing. The data was first filtered to hide duplicates, then sorted by Employee ID and Date. I then went to Tools>Share Workbook, checked the box for sharing, and saved the workbook to our "G" drive. Then, the trial run: we both accessed it, I had him color-fill the last row and save. I then saved it on my computer. ...

OWA #45
Hi, Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. Bye On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:07 -0700, Manish <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. > >Bye Following the proper stesp, yes. www.microsoft.com/exchange Dear Andy, Can you tell me the steps. bye "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:07 -0700, Manish > <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. > > > >Bye > > Following the proper stesp, yes. > ...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Help correcting HTTP redirect code for OWA Exchange 2K3
Hi, I am using the code from Q article 55126 to redirect incomming http request to https for OWA. I keep getting the error below. Can someone help me with the solution to this. Thanks in advance --mdanny ****** Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401' Expected end of statement /owa_redirect/owahttps.asp, line 1 If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then Dim strSecureURL strSecureURL = "https://" strSecureURL = strSecureURL & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") strSecureURL = strSecureUR...

Password Problem #3
I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and despite the fact thet my MS Money 2002 was synchronized with my .net passport account, I cannot acces my money file now. It does not accept any password I type in. I am positive that there were no passwords for my file. I downloaded the Accent Money Password recovery program and it tells me that the file is "not password protected" I need help in resoving this issue, Thanks Zameer In microsoft.public.money, Zameer wrote: >I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and >despite the fact thet my M...

Owa Logon problem Please help!!!
My users report that the Owa is not loading after entering password and username. They see the first screen where they can enter credentials, after they give an enter it seems like OWA does not validate the password. it stays on this page https://x.x.229.44/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://x.x.229.44/exchange&reason=0 Owa has always worked from intern and extern exchange 2003 Sp1 on winodw 2000 Sp4 machine. How can I resolve this problem. I already tried resetting the IUSR and IWAM user account, but no difference. Can I reinstall exchange and will this solve my problem, I am ...

Stock quote problem.
Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? In microsoft.public.money, Wally wrote: >Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange >traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American >stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? I saw several anomalous high prices when I updated prices earlier. The next time I updated prices, it was down to only 2....

hyperlink problem
OS is Windows XP Home. I recently switched from AOL to Comcast cable and am using Outlook Express as my e-mail client. When I get an email with a hyperlink, I cannot click on that hyperlink and go directly to the website. I can do nothing but write it down on a piece of paper and go into explorer and type it and go that way. I cannot cut and paste - it won't let me! I have reloaded IE6 with the SP1 updates and am getting the same problem. Any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks, Sam You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: h...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Browseable GAL in OWA 2003?
Is there a tweak or code that allows a browesable GAL on OWA 2K3? Thanks in advance. http://www.messageware.com/products/pluspack2003.html "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote in message news:RdidneDYuv5do-jenZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@rogers.com... > Is there a tweak or code that allows a browesable GAL on OWA 2K3? > > Thanks in advance. > > > Ok, well I sort of found a work around. After clicking the To: button to get into the GAL search, I just hit the Spacebar once in the Display Name field then click the Find button. Our entire GAL shows up in the results fie...

Pivot Table External Data % Problem
Hi All, I have the following scenario: This is happening in both Excel 2003 & Excel 2007 using XP. I am accessing an external data source though ODBC. There is one table with Account Number, Date, Month, Amount. There is another table with Account Number, Account Name. I join the two tables using MS Query during the Pivot Table Wizard steps. I then create the Pivot Table with Account # & Account Name as Row Labels, Month as Column Labels, and Amount as the Data. Everything works fine, the Amounts for each month are summed and show up under the correct Month for each Account, for e...

Exmerge Problems
I have migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to Exchange 2003. I have restored an IS to a Recovery Storage Group. I am trying to use the exmerge tool to pull out one user's information only. I continue to fail on the Exmerge with the "Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)" error. I have verified that my account is not denied in any form or fasion, I have permissions everywhere, and the IS is running. In fact, I am able to co...

problem upgarading from crm3 to crm4
After upgrade from crm3 to crm4 i have a few problem: 1)cannot create mail merge 2)a cuztomize reports disappear 3)cannot change customize defaul public view does anyone have this type pf problems and maybe have another problems? Thanks ahead elip ...

Default send fornt within OWA
Is possible to setup OWA to default to our font house style for creating, reading and replying to messages? ...

Printing Problems in Entourage
I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that problem? Any suggested solutions? This is a known issue. To work around it, Try removing multi-day events that cross the weekly boundary. On 9/29/05 5:20 PM, in article 1128032452.981239.31830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Tony" <tonystinson@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly > format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that > problem? > > Any su...

Money 2002 backup restore problem
I had a corrupt system file (or something) that required me to reformat my hard drive. I always backed up my Money file to a floppy disk on a routine basis. When I tried to restore the file I received an error that the file "was corrupt or not a Money backup file." I'm pretty certain the file is not corrupt and this is a problem with the restore process. Anyone have a similar problem? (Yes, I've read all the procedures on how to do it.) TIA, Dave Many people who get themselves in this situation installed a different version of Money than the one they were actually u...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

OWA Delegates
How do we appropriately delegate permissions for UserA to be able to view/post calendar items for UserB in Outlook Web Access? The UserA has given permissions/delegate in Outlook client, but when UserB goes into UserA's calendar in OWA (http:\\server\exchange\UserA\Calendar) they can only see items, not post new ones. However if UserB used the full Outlook client (which is not feasible in our situation) they can do it. Not possible unless you give the delegate Owner rights if not OWA calendar access for delegates is read only. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821900/en-us Have you c...

Exchange 2007 OWA Default Domain
In 2003 it was easy to set a default domain for OWA by just typing it in and turning of integrated authentication. However this does not seem to work as slick in 2007 since it seems to turn off forms based authentication when you do this. Any ideas? Brad - Works for me. Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" -DefaultDomain "DomainName" - Get-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" | select *auth* InternalAuthenticationMethods : {Basic, Fba} ClientAuthCleanupLevel : High BasicAuthentication : True DigestAuthentication ...

Problem Resolving Email Addresses to Contacts in CRM via Outlook
When creating a new email and inserting the email address I am sending too which does map to a CRM contact in CRM 3.0. I get the following error. "The sender does not have an e-mail address in Microsoft CRM. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. What am I doing wrong here? I also noticed that Microsoft CRM contacts do show up when I click the "To:" however the contacts that I've added in CRM are not showing up? Thanks! This is due to your CRM user record not h...

Excel combobox problem
I'm using a combobox populated from rTest (a 4 column, 60 row named range) and linking it to a cell named Test. My problem is that it only displays the first 41 rows of that range in the dropdown. The following are the properties that I've changed for the combobox: LinkedCell = Test ListFillRange = rTest ListRows = 20 SelectionMargin = false BorderStyle = fmBorderStyleSingle This is excel 2003. -- aoeui ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aoeui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26603 View this thre...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date